mickkimz
10-13-2019, 04:05 PM
What happened to the defense get rid of spags

gcsofa
10-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Our defense totally sucks!

jason1981
10-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Our offense isnt helping them either by bot running the ball and controlling the clock. Passing all the time only works when you complete passes and use up time or you score alot. I think alot of this is Reid bad play calling. Also Injuries. I think Fisher needs to get healthy asap. Chris Jones also but I think Fisher would help protect Mahomes and run block better then would in turn help keep our defense off the field as many times.

Seek
10-14-2019, 08:52 AM
Our offense isnt helping them either by bot running the ball and controlling the clock. Passing all the time only works when you complete passes and use up time or you score alot. I think alot of this is Reid bad play calling. Also Injuries. I think Fisher needs to get healthy asap. Chris Jones also but I think Fisher would help protect Mahomes and run block better then would in turn help keep our defense off the field as many times.

I don't think our offense has anything to do with this defense being horrific. We need to stop making excuses to hide the truth. D Line and Line backers are horrific.

1. This team can't tackle. Specifically the line backers.
2. There is zero push once the ball is snapped. They all stand straight up looking to react to the play instead of attacking. This is causing them to be easily blocked after they are slow to react.
3. Poor play calling. These blitz schemes don't bring pressure and our secondary ends up holding because they are getting beat.

jason1981
10-14-2019, 03:35 PM
I don't think our offense has anything to do with this defense being horrific. We need to stop making excuses to hide the truth. D Line and Line backers are horrific.

1. This team can't tackle. Specifically the line backers.
2. There is zero push once the ball is snapped. They all stand straight up looking to react to the play instead of attacking. This is causing them to be easily blocked after they are slow to react.
3. Poor play calling. These blitz schemes don't bring pressure and our secondary ends up holding because they are getting beat.

I agree but the offense can help the defense out by staying on the field longer and keeping the defense off the field.

Seek
10-14-2019, 05:21 PM
I agree but the offense can help the defense out by staying on the field longer and keeping the defense off the field.

0 Punts yesterday. They held the Texans on ZERO drives with exceptions of three turn overs, with one in the endzone about to score.

Chiefs4life24
10-16-2019, 12:03 AM
I long for the day when we move on from Fisher and draft a LT, LG C, and RG all in the first round to pair with Schwartz and we have mixture of a dominant line like Indy and Dallas has. I like Frank Clark. I would like to see us take the Green Bay approach to Free Agency next year and sign some mid to high level free agents to the defense and it didn't cost them very much and it worked out pretty damn good for them too I might add also. That would be my approach.

jason1981
10-16-2019, 12:24 PM
0 Punts yesterday. They held the Texans on ZERO drives with exceptions of three turn overs, with one in the endzone about to score.

If you cant see that if the offense stays on the field longer then it keeps our defense off the field in which helps limit the defense issues then there's no reason to argue with you. It's common sense. I never said offense can solve defense problems but they can help limit the defense problems.

jason1981
10-16-2019, 12:29 PM
I long for the day when we move on from Fisher and draft a LT, LG C, and RG all in the first round to pair with Schwartz and we have mixture of a dominant line like Indy and Dallas has. I like Frank Clark. I would like to see us take the Green Bay approach to Free Agency next year and sign some mid to high level free agents to the defense and it didn't cost them very much and it worked out pretty damn good for them too I might add also. That would be my approach.

Eric Fisher is not the problem. Erving is. I'm ok with Erric cuz he is good not great but also wont break the bank to keep. Also the fact that you like frank clark says alot. He's a bust. And shame on all of yall who made us fall for all the hype about him. Now we will lose our best defensive player in Jones. Now next year our number one need will be a DE for the 4th straight year we will be drafting dline in our 1st pick. Veach better explain who's really in charge of drafting and free agency cuz if its Ried then he better speak up before he gets fired and takes the blame for it all.

Seek
10-16-2019, 01:03 PM
If you cant see that if the offense stays on the field longer then it keeps our defense off the field in which helps limit the defense issues then there's no reason to argue with you. It's common sense. I never said offense can solve defense problems but they can help limit the defense problems.

Won't argue this, but it is still a crappy excuse to cove up the facts. The Defense needs to get off the field themselves, before blaming the offense. You can not blame the offense for the Defense giving up points on one of the first two drives in every game this year.

1. If they TACKLE Better. They have better chances of getting in 3rd and long.
2. If they stop holding receivers and prevent the penalties. They may force a punt.
3. Attack instead of REACT.
4. Get some Heart and say enough of this. D. Lee said the team has lost passion to tackle. It looks that way.

Lets start here before blaming the offense. If the Defense can get off the field faster. The offense can get in a rhythm to do what every is scared of.

Chiefs4life24
10-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Eric Fisher is not the problem. Erving is. I'm ok with Erric cuz he is good not great but also wont break the bank to keep. Also the fact that you like frank clark says alot. He's a bust. And shame on all of yall who made us fall for all the hype about him. Now we will lose our best defensive player in Jones. Now next year our number one need will be a DE for the 4th straight year we will be drafting dline in our 1st pick. Veach better explain who's really in charge of drafting and free agency cuz if its Ried then he better speak up before he gets fired and takes the blame for it all.

Frank Clark is not a bust he is just not doing enough hand fighting at the line, none of the linemen are doing enough of that and thats a fact even, Chris Jones.

Coach
10-16-2019, 04:07 PM
There are so many holes on defense that its hard to know where to start. Trust me, if our run defense was more stout, teams would just be shredding our CB's. Teams are electing to run the ball because it keep Mahomes on the sidelines.

jason1981
10-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Won't argue this, but it is still a crappy excuse to cove up the facts. The Defense needs to get off the field themselves, before blaming the offense. You can not blame the offense for the Defense giving up points on one of the first two drives in every game this year.

2. If they stop holding receivers and prevent the penalties. They may force a punt.
4. Get some Heart and say enough of this. D. Lee said the team has lost passion to tackle. It looks that way.

Lets start here before blaming the offense. If the Defense can get off the field faster. The offense can get in a rhythm to do what every is scared of.

I agree. I'm not making excuses for the Def. Its worst than last year. My point is the offense and Reids play calling can help mask some of the Def issues. Its Reids job to know the teams weaknesses and try and help cover them up. Heck I'm not even sure we could win in a shootout right now. Right now I think Eric Fisher injury is hurting our run game cuz he may not be the best lt in the game he is heads and shoulders better than erving who has no strength at all.

jason1981
10-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Frank Clark is not a bust he is just not doing enough hand fighting at the line, none of the linemen are doing enough of that and thats a fact even, Chris Jones.

To be fair I I'm shocked how bad our defense is playing. I felt our pass def would struggle some but I thought our rush defense and pass rush would be top 15 so this is all shocking to me. Clark is a bust until he proves otherwise. If its hand fighting then go tell him cuz that still means hes a bust until then. I knew there was a reason why Jets let Lb Lee go so I was already leery of him. I wanted to see Odaniel to get a shot but hes carried in depth chart. Neiman I think would be good if he could take on blockers but think he might be better at will lb spot cuz he needs to build up strength.

Eydugstr
10-16-2019, 10:15 PM
There are so many holes on defense that its hard to know where to start. Trust me, if our run defense was more stout, teams would just be shredding our CB's. Teams are electing to run the ball because it keep Mahomes on the sidelines.

Sad but so true.

matthewschiefs
10-16-2019, 10:21 PM

It's not blaming the offense it's something that they could do to help with the issues.

Running the ball more would also help with the offense as well. When Reid goes pass happy like he has that has limited the offense and the offense isn't staying on the field themselves. Thus putting our weak point back on the field quickly.

We all know that the defense HAS TO BE BETTER. But there's a way to gameplan to help hide your weakness that's the point being made with the offense

jason1981
10-17-2019, 12:23 AM

That is true. If I was Reid I'd make the defense stack the box with 8 or so and dare the teams to pass. That would atleast play into chiefs favor. If the opponents are going to score anyways then atleast dont let them run the clock down. Just let them score easily and just have a shootout. I would just stack the box and dare them to pass.

Eydugstr
10-17-2019, 09:52 AM
That is true. If I was Reid I'd make the defense stack the box with 8 or so and dare the teams to pass. That would atleast play into chiefs favor. If the opponents are going to score anyways then atleast dont let them run the clock down. Just let them score easily and just have a shootout. I would just stack the box and dare them to pass.

My question is this...What if we do that and they're still able to run through anyway? It is a good idea, mainly because of Mathieu and Ward's better play last Sunday, but I'm concerned that even if we stack the box with this lineup it still won't make a difference.

Seek
11-04-2019, 01:25 PM
My how much this defense has changed since this thread. D. Cook has ZERO yards yesterday prior to contact. That means the Chiefs were hitting him either in the back field or at the line of scrimmage. They are attacking instead of reacting and it is making a huge difference. Since the Donkies game they have 15 sacks and held three running teams in check.

They still have some hiccups to fix like man to man coverage with a linebacker on the RB, and picking up screen plays. This defense though is no longer a joke.

Eydugstr
11-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Up until the Broncos game the D pretty much earned any criticism that went it's way. After that, the D has been earning it's way out. While I still hope that our front office gives this D some help next April, we're seeing a lot better play at the line and a LOT more communication going on.

Chiefs4life24
11-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Defensive needs in terms of order of need imo.

1. CB

2. LB

3. OL

Next draft this is how I would like to see Chiefs address the team in terms of positional need.

Chiefs4life24
11-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Watching the game back and man Kpass, Nnadi and Saunders have evolved so much they have grown man strength, and can cut and eat double teams, I hope they continue to use Kpass on the edge more and let him eat, the used Chris Jones at NT for the majority of the game and he feed all game , I would like to see them use this set up more it seems to be working. One things is for sure Dline is not a weakness on this team.

matthewschiefs
11-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Spags has done a pretty damn good job getting them a little better each week.

If this continues then we have as good of a shot as anyone to win it all

Eydugstr
11-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Defensive needs in terms of order of need imo.

1. CB

2. LB

3. OL

Next draft this is how I would like to see Chiefs address the team in terms of positional need.

YES to all. Spags is doing much better with the D but I'd really be more sold if the front office gave him some help next offseason.

jason1981
11-07-2019, 12:51 AM
I say we keep 8 man in the box and keep rag, William's, and Hutchinson at linebacker. That might be a slower group of linebackers but they are better at stopping the run. I'd rather we give up a score from passing them allow a team to run on us and eat the clock up. Let's stack the box and dare teams to pass. I have more faith in our team in a shootout then a run the ball clock eating games. If teams are going to score let's not make them take time off the clock also.

Chiefs4life24
11-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Nnadi has quietly turned into one of the better run defender in the league and he is strong too he can eat double teams, shed the blockers with great technique and get to the ball carrier. Same things with Saunders he has quietly developed at an alarming rate this season and is one of our better defenders overall her can rush and run defend equally as good. The run defense is turning into a strength for us.

Here is our DVOA Rankings through week 9 According to FootballOutsiders.com (Keep in Mind last week they ranked us 17th in the league)

Kansas City may be the most balanced team in the league right now, sort of. There is no team that ranks in the top ten in all three phases of the game, but Kansas City comes closest: second in offense, 11th in defense, and eighth in special teams. Of course, the thing that keeps Kansas City from being the most balanced team in the league is just how unbalanced they are between the pass and the run. On offense, the Chiefs rank second passing the ball (behind Seattle) but 20th running the ball. On defense, the Chiefs rank a very surprising fourth against the pass but a hideous 28th against the run.

Seek
11-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Nnadi has quietly turned into one of the better run defender in the league and he is strong too he can eat double teams, shed the blockers with great technique and get to the ball carrier. Same things with Saunders he has quietly developed at an alarming rate this season and is one of our better defenders overall her can rush and run defend equally as good. The run defense is turning into a strength for us.

Here is our DVOA Rankings through week 9 According to FootballOutsiders.com (Keep in Mind last week they ranked us 17th in the league)

Kansas City may be the most balanced team in the league right now, sort of. There is no team that ranks in the top ten in all three phases of the game, but Kansas City comes closest: second in offense, 11th in defense, and eighth in special teams. Of course, the thing that keeps Kansas City from being the most balanced team in the league is just how unbalanced they are between the pass and the run. On offense, the Chiefs rank second passing the ball (behind Seattle) but 20th running the ball. On defense, the Chiefs rank a very surprising fourth against the pass but a hideous 28th against the run.

Saunders has been huge. There was even talks from camp that he may not make the team. He is filling a gap against the run that is allowing the line backers some freedom to attack.