PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line.

hermhater
11-14-2007, 03:18 AM
OK so this is the problem with the Chiefs?

We probably have the worst O line in the NFL, and that is hurting our O.

Is that the only reason we are doing so poor this year?

There are gaps in our entire team.

Talk about that, instead of just being biased with the O line.

Croyle is gonna be hampered big time by his inexperience, as well as lack of support.

Even with a backup QB we have managed to remain in less than last place (???? this division is f@rked).

The season is gonna turn around man, just watch!!!!!

Want to post something offensive here but my sig says it alll!!!!

:mob:

chief31
11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Alright. While I definitely feel that the offensive line is a huge problem for this offense, right now, I would also think that Mike Solari is the other component that is cuasing the offensive sputtering.

I was thinking that that could have been Herm Edwards last season, but I find it very difficult to believe that he has been holding a death-grip on the offense, through everything that has been going on.

It is difficult for me to be too judgemental against a coordinator, without seeing what he is trying to do though. The fact that I can't see the entire field, and have no clue as to why he would be calling for specific plays, in specific situations, means that I am in the dark as to what he is trying to accomplish, why he thinks that it will work, and what is happening to make it not work.

Some things can be seen on the field, just from a regular television camera angle. But it really isn't enough for me to throw accusations. (Granted, I will do it anyway.)

There ya go. Something for ya to attack if you want. It's just that accusing a play-caller is really hard to do, with little more than speculation.

Guru
11-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Alright. While I definitely feel that the offensive line is a huge problem for this offense, right now, I would also think that Mike Solari is the other component that is cuasing the offensive sputtering.

I was thinking that that could have been Herm Edwards last season, but I find it very difficult to believe that he has been holding a death-grip on the offense, through everything that has been going on.

It is difficult for me to be too judgemental against a coordinator, without seeing what he is trying to do though. The fact that I can't see the entire field, and have no clue as to why he would be calling for specific plays, in specific situations, means that I am in the dark as to what he is trying to accomplish, why he thinks that it will work, and what is happening to make it not work.

Some things can be seen on the field, just from a regular television camera angle. But it really isn't enough for me to throw accusations. (Granted, I will do it anyway.)

There ya go. Something for ya to attack if you want. It's just that accusing a play-caller is really hard to do, with little more than speculation.

Nah. It's easy. Really it is. :D

chief31
11-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Nah. It's easy. Really it is. :D

Hard for me to do it, with a clear conscience. Oh, I do it. I criticize all kinds of things. But often have to overstep my actual knowledge to do so. :yahoo:

hermhater
11-14-2007, 02:06 PM

I agree it is hard to speculate, but it seems we could be doing better by pulling plays our of a freakin hat man.

What about our DB's and safeties?

How the hell are they getting burned deep down the middle so often?

Where is the deep safety at? Why can't Ty Law cover a friggin' tight end even???

I think the play calling, and defensive schemes are what is killing us.

Perhaps with Brodie in the game we will be able to kill opponents field position after we end up using our number one weapon on the team COLQUITT!!!

That is pretty sad.

tornadospotter
11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I think that the play calling is a big part of our problem. Our O line is not as good as it once was. But a good coordinator should be able to develop plays that will work. Plays that build on what our players do best. Aside from being on their butts. :D

tornadospotter
11-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree it is hard to speculate, but it seems we could be doing better by pulling plays our of a freakin hat man.

What about our DB's and safeties?

How the hell are they getting burned deep down the middle so often?

Where is the deep safety at? Why can't Ty Law cover a friggin' tight end even???

I think the play calling, and defensive schemes are what is killing us.

Perhaps with Brodie in the game we will be able to kill opponents field position after we end up using our number one weapon on the team COLQUITT!!!

That is pretty sad.
Has Ty Law lost that much of his skills? If so he needs to retire.

kcchiefsfan
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Hopefully the plays being called this week with Croyle, will be a MIX of runs and throws, not just run after run....

hermhater
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Hopefully the plays being called this week with Croyle, will be a MIX of runs and throws, not just run after run....

WORD!!! :sign0098: :yahoo:

sling58
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
WORD!!! :sign0098: :yahoo:

He retired a few years back, he won't be playing....

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
We have an "O" line?

hermhater
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but on Sundays they go fishing instead of playing friggin' football!!!

Chiefster
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but on Sundays they go fishing instead of playing friggin' football!!!

I say fire 'em! :11:

tornadospotter
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
We have an "O" line?
Yes and it is playing offensive! :yahoo:

Chiefster
11-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes and it's play is offensive! :yahoo:

FYR! :D

tornadospotter
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
FYR! :D
Me bad! :sign0098:

Chiefster
11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Me bad! :sign0098:

...But, you are learning young one. :D

McLovin
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Hard for me to do it, with a clear conscience. Oh, I do it. I criticize all kinds of things. But often have to overstep my actual knowledge to do so. :yahoo:
Ohhh but your so good about overstepping your knowledge, you seem to want to do it.

:yahoo::lol::lol::lol:

chief31
11-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Ohhh but your so good about overstepping your knowledge, you seem to want to do it.

:yahoo::lol::lol::lol:

My conscience certainly takes some abuse. :D

m0ef0e
11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
OK so this is the problem with the Chiefs?

We probably have the worst O line in the NFL, and that is hurting our O.

Is that the only reason we are doing so poor this year?

There are gaps in our entire team.

Talk about that, instead of just being biased with the O line.

Croyle is gonna be hampered big time by his inexperience, as well as lack of support.

Even with a backup QB we have managed to remain in less than last place (???? this division is f@rked).

The season is gonna turn around man, just watch!!!!!

Want to post something offensive here but my sig says it alll!!!!

:mob:

We would be significantly better if our o-line was better. We do have a few personnel gaps here and there, I guess but our defense has kept us in almost every game this year. They are on the field too much because our offense can't sustain drives. We should have been pummeling the packers and decimating the donkeys both by halftime in those two games, but our offense couldn't keep the ball in their hands and could not score. With the defense we have now, if we had an offense that was at least ranked 15-20th we would probably have two more wins right now. This bottom-feeding crap doesn't cut it for any team-- no matter how solid your defense is playing. When the clock hits triple-zeroes, people still look at the score to determine who won the game.