PDA

View Full Version : Postgame @Pats A win is a win AFC WEST CHAMPS

matthewschiefs
12-08-2019, 07:58 PM
This one doesn't leave you with the greatest of feelings after a win but a win is a win and they got the win. And with that the Chiefs are the AFC west champs again

We didn't get out to a "great start" But we rebounded quickly. We settled down and got the lead. Andy Reid did his job getting them ready to play and that's what I wanted to see. Thank you Andy Reid.

We caught a lot of breaks in this game. We got some calls. I am not going to pretend that didn't happen. That happens sometimes. We were on the good side today. We have been on the other side of that before so I don't feel that guilty but it is what it is.

The defense did a lot to win this game. They got beat on a couple of trick plays. And again they got bailed out on a couple of calls but they didn't find a way to blow the game like they have many times in the past. They also were better against the run today. So this is a continued step in the right direction overall. But still some work to be done. Our CBs have to stop grabbing Wrs. Stop with the flags. That can really cost you and we did that a lot today. There's a lot they have to learn from this one. But it's better to learn from a W.

With the win the Chiefs not only get the AFC west they still are in the running for a bye. They can't let up now that they have a playoff spot locked in. Keep grinding and lets get some more Ws.

Next week I will be enjoying the game live at Arrowhead stadium. Beating Denver would be all the nicer to see in person. Lets get it done. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs4life24
12-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Basically if we win out and New England falls to Buffalo we are the 2 seed with Buffalo leading the AFC EAST how crazy would that be?

Seek
12-08-2019, 10:17 PM
so what's up with mahomes hand?

matthewschiefs
12-08-2019, 10:18 PM
so what's up with mahomes hand?

That's a very good question. Hopefully it's just something that he needs a day or two.

Eydugstr
12-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Good game. AFC West Champs 4th year in a row. Outstanding. We're in the playoffs. Takin' care of business.

Haven't looked at the stats yet but despite his throwing hand being off Mahomes still found a way to be productive. The damage to NE would've been a lot worse had we been able to catch the ball a little better.

The D looked pretty solid, all things considered. IMO the game ball should go to #21.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Good game. AFC West Champs 4th year in a row. Outstanding. We're in the playoffs. Takin' care of business.

Haven't looked at the stats yet but despite his throwing hand being off Mahomes still found a way to be productive. The damage to NE would've been a lot worse had we been able to catch the ball a little better.

The D looked pretty solid, all things considered. IMO the game ball should go to #21.

Breeland came up huge on the Pats final play. I would give some consideration to Chris Jones as well. He did a pretty nice job putting some Pressure on Brady at times. If we can get the combo of Jones and Clark really going then our D is going to be pretty solid IMO

matthewschiefs
12-09-2019, 02:09 PM
After going back and watching the game I think it's very fair to give Breeland the gameball. Forgot that he was the one that came up with the INT of Brady.

Another thing is one of the biggest moments in the game I felt is the blocked Field goal. That was a momentum changer. Just like the Blocked punt gave them a huge boost. I think this goes to show how big Special teams can be on games

distantchief
12-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Hats off to Harrison Butker always feel confident when he has a job to do and with good reason COYC.

Eydugstr
12-09-2019, 09:59 PM
After going back and watching the game I think it's very fair to give Breeland the gameball. Forgot that he was the one that came up with the INT of Brady.

Another thing is one of the biggest moments in the game I felt is the blocked Field goal. That was a momentum changer. Just like the Blocked punt gave them a huge boost. I think this goes to show how big Special teams can be on games

This play sticks out with me because you could look at the Patriots' faces and for them that was the moment were they said to themselves, "...Crud, we're in for a tough ball game." Breeland IMO deserves the game ball for that play and then the play where he sealed it at the end.

Haven't surfed any of their forums yet but from what I'm being told Patriots fans are blaming the refs. It was nice to be on the lucky end of the officiating stick, but at the same time it got really annoying to watch the zebras play the "make-up" call game that seemed to be going on towards the end.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2019, 10:10 PM
This play sticks out with me because you could look at the Patriots' faces and for them that was the moment were they said to themselves, "...Crud, we're in for a tough ball game." Breeland IMO deserves the game ball for that play and then the play where he sealed it at the end.

Haven't surfed any of their forums yet but from what I'm being told Patriots fans are blaming the refs. It was nice to be on the lucky end of the officiating stick, but at the same time it got really annoying to watch the zebras play the "make-up" call game that seemed to be going on towards the end.

For some reason I was think it was Mathieu that got the pick right after the game. Maybe I was thinking of last week or maybe I am just an idiot LOL

There is some anger about the refs from the Pats fans no doubt. I understand why. They did get robbed of a TD and think I would have been pissed if the roles were reversed. But there are also some that are more reasonable and admit they put themselves in a bad spot where a couple of calls hurt.

One thing I think is really clear the refs were just horrible in that game. I think both sides have some valid complaints

Eydugstr
12-09-2019, 11:47 PM
For some reason I was think it was Mathieu that got the pick right after the game. Maybe I was thinking of last week or maybe I am just an idiot LOL

There is some anger about the refs from the Pats fans no doubt. I understand why. They did get robbed of a TD and think I would have been pissed if the roles were reversed. But there are also some that are more reasonable and admit they put themselves in a bad spot where a couple of calls hurt.

One thing I think is really clear the refs were just horrible in that game. I think both sides have some valid complaints

Mathieu got the pick in the Raiders stomp-fest.

What kills me about the officiating this year, is with the league office replay, they started off doing a decent job of correcting it until the last Raiders game (The PI call where Reid threw the flag, only not to get it, when it was clear to everyone and his brother's cousin it was PI) A ref making a bad call is one thing. A ref making a bad call, only to have it reviewed by an officiating office crew, then turn around and stick with the bad call (or no call) is really weird because now everyone is questioning stuff that should be a simple yes or no decision.

Seek
12-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Pats fans should be pissed that they could only come away with three points with it being first and goal from the 3. despite the bad call.