PDA

View Full Version : Postgame @bears Another great W

matthewschiefs
12-22-2019, 11:33 PM
Like last week the Chiefs were in control of this one from start to finish. They were clearly the better team. They now sit at 11-5 and still have a slight chance to get the 2 seed. It's not likely but they have done their part to keep the shot at it alive the past few weeks.

Watching the offense tonight something that I have been thinking for a few weeks now. While the offense has not been putting up the points like they did a year ago I think part of that is they don't feel the pressure they have to do it. If you look at the games even last year would get the leads. Last year they HAD to keep scoring to keep that lead. Not as much this year. But for the most part when they have needed to score they have been able to get the job done. Take for example after the Bears got the 3 The Chiefs have been stopped the past few drives went right down to answer with the TD. That's something that has happened a lot this year.

Andy Reid. (look at me saying something nice) I commend you sir. I saw an effort to work on addressing the running game. Not just running out the pass happy offense at all times. THANK YOU SIR.

Suggs didn't wait long to have some effect on the game. There was an early play that he and Clark combined to get a sack. For a guy that hasn't even been on the team a week that's a great thing to see. The D has been pretty well as of late but still anytime you can get help that's a good thing for the team

What a difference a year makes when it comes to the defense. It's amazing what coaching can do. And Veach did an outstanding job of getting the players that he did in the offseason to help improve the d. I think what we have been seeing is about as good as what we could have hoped to see at the start of the season.

That being said they have to play smarter then they did tonight. Way to many flags tonight. To much jumping offsides. They had a drive where I believe they had 4 flags in a row. It didn't cost them tonight but they have to get this fixed. The playoffs are coming.

There was a lot of the Mahomes to Trubisky talk. Some good points were made about the talent around Mahomes compard to what Trubisky has. But man Trubisky misses some throws that he really needs to make. He had a WR open early in the game that would have gone for a big gain if not a TD and he just overthrew the man. Some of the struggles can be put on the talent the Bears have or lack there of. But Trubisky has to improve his downfild throws if he is going to be a winner in the bigger games. Right now I would put him on the level just below where Alex Smith is. Not horrible won't cost you the game himself but also won't win the game for you.

The Chiefs now go home to wrap up the regular season against the Chargers who have nothing to play for. The Chiefs still do so they I would say won't be resting the starters. Lets take care of business and see where things end up. I'm guessing we have the 3 seed. But time will tell GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brdempsey69
12-23-2019, 12:52 AM
The Defensive improvement this year over last year has been very encouraging. A difference of night and day.

Eydugstr
12-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Great game. KC did exactly what it needed to do to keep ourselves in the hunt for the #2 playoff seed. Very proud of the way that this team went in and took care of business.

Personally I don't get the Trubinski to Mahomes comparisons. Think it was more pre-game hype than anything. Chicago has a lot of talent they just can't seem to put it together, and they do play in a very tough division.

Looking forward to the Chargers, who would act like they won the super bowl if they kept us from winning the #2 seed.

distantchief
12-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Santa came early for me and I got what I asked for a great all-round team effort,
So on the subject of Christmas everyone on this site and all chiefs fans have a good and safe one. Gonna make it Arrowhead one day. Ray in Australia.
Come on you chiefs.

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Look at what the In-Laws got me for Christmas pretty cool eh?

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/80236854_468410327151793_1382447567677161472_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=7q5tLjxGLqoAQlR4NdSieZHUcUM99_Pcrg0kfmf4Lg i27TTwWEdbjBJlQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8cab81b815b36ce0fe3254ea31f71ee8&oe=5E6FC93D

brdempsey69
12-26-2019, 10:16 PM

Yes, it is.

Notwithstanding, if anybody tries to sell you any comparisons between Mahomes and Turd Elway (like I've seen and heard around the web), you tell them that it's a crock of BS, and that Mahomes looks nothing like Elway, and that it's Joe Montana that Mahomes bears closer resemblance to (which is a lot better). I know this because I watched both Montana and Elway play almost all of their entire careers.

Enjoy the jersey.

Eydugstr
12-27-2019, 09:05 AM

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/80236854_468410327151793_1382447567677161472_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=7q5tLjxGLqoAQlR4NdSieZHUcUM99_Pcrg0kfmf4Lg i27TTwWEdbjBJlQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8cab81b815b36ce0fe3254ea31f71ee8&oe=5E6FC93D

Very cool C4L!

Eydugstr
12-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Yes, it is.

Notwithstanding, if anybody tries to sell you any comparisons between Mahomes and Turd Elway (like I've seen and heard around the web), you tell them that it's a crock of BS, and that Mahomes looks nothing like Elway, and that it's Joe Montana that Mahomes bears closer resemblance to (which is a lot better). I know this because I watched both Montana and Elway play almost all of their entire careers.

Enjoy the jersey.

Have said it before, will say it again...Mahomes is like Jeff George's arm (George also threw like a shortstop) with Joe Montana's brain.

If I was going to compare John Elway to any current (ok once healed) player it'd be Ben Rothlisberger, to an extent (Big Ben's super bowl rings didn't need to have vaseline to fit.)

matthewschiefs
12-27-2019, 12:43 PM
Great game. KC did exactly what it needed to do to keep ourselves in the hunt for the #2 playoff seed. Very proud of the way that this team went in and took care of business.

Personally I don't get the Trubinski to Mahomes comparisons. Think it was more pre-game hype than anything. Chicago has a lot of talent they just can't seem to put it together, and they do play in a very tough division.

Looking forward to the Chargers, who would act like they won the super bowl if they kept us from winning the #2 seed.

A lot of that talk comes from the fact the Bears traded up to draft Trubinski and passed on Mahomes. That will not go down as one of there better moves but I think we are all glad they did it Unless you are Roy maybe

Eydugstr
12-27-2019, 05:41 PM
A lot of that talk comes from the fact the Bears traded up to draft Trubinski and passed on Mahomes. That will not go down as one of there better moves but I think we are all glad they did it Unless you are Roy maybe

If Mahomes gets a ring in KC, and the Bears keep missing the playoffs.....Yeah there's going to be that squabble for a long time. Very happy that KC for once got lucky and struck gold at QB.

The Bears' offense didn't seem to have a problem at QB (Trubinski is a talented QB; He's just not Mahomes. Few are.) They had a good WR in #12 (Think his name was Robinson?) just no play at TE.