PDA

View Full Version : Postgame DIVISION SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
12-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Today's win gives the Chiefs the division sweep for the season. The Chiefs are clearly the best team in the west and it's not close.

Lets talk about this game. The Chiefs got the win but it was clear to me that they weren't at their best today. They got it together and got the W and that's what matters. But there is no more of this. It gets real now. We can't come out sluggish in a postseason game and expect to win.

I want to again give Credit to Andy Reid. He has clearly to me made more of an attempt to establish the run game. And it paid off on the long TD run by Williams. The only thing I didn't like was having Mahomes run. Some of those were scrambles but I was very nervous for every run he made.

The Defense! If I were to tell you this game would happen early in the year I think we would all take it. They had been playing much better then they did today. This is part of the sluggish start I talked about. I get it in a game like this it's really hard to come out with the same fire as you do the rest of the week. But like with the offense there can be no more of this. I trust that they won't come out sluggish in a postseason game.

If I were to give a gameball away I would have to split it between Hardman and Williams both came up with huge plays in a time where the game could have gone either way. Those were 2 huge plays

The Chiefs managed to get away with that loss and still got the bye. 12-4 for the 2nd straight year. Pretty darn good. Now we get a week off to hopefully get guys healthy and see who we play. IT'S PLAYOFF TIME! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brdempsey69
12-29-2019, 04:32 PM
Great to own the AFC West for the 4th tear and a row & great to see the Donkeys in the abyss for the 4th year in a row and I hope the Donkeys stay in the abyss for the next century.

When I see articles from places like "Mile High Sports" that make sick and untrue statements like "Elway was better than Brees", I can't help but wish Turd Elway and the Donkeys nothing but the WORST.

On to the post season, and the Chiefs need to make sure they are ready for whoever the opponent may be.

matthewschiefs
12-29-2019, 05:18 PM
One thing I forgot was Mr.Rivers

I am going to start by giving the man credit he can throw a football. He has been a pretty damn good QB in the NFL for a long time.

But if this was his last game as a Charger I am going to miss his tears. Nothing has been more enjoyable then his pouting on the sidelines. It would be missed if this is the end for his Chargers career

brdempsey69
12-29-2019, 06:00 PM
There still is the Juan Thornhill injury, which will most likely keep him out of the postseason. Such a shame as he had developed into a very good Safety.

Eydugstr
12-29-2019, 07:07 PM
2019 WOW what a season!! 12-4 two seasons in a row. AFC West champs (again.). Outstanding. First round playoff bye. IMO earned outright, finishing off the season with six straight wins.

IMO game ball goes to #26, Damien Williams. That 84 yard TD run was incredible. He capped that off by putting another TD on the books in a similar way. He's had to fill some big shoes ever since Kareem Hunt left the team and today it paid off nicely. We'll be seeing that run on "Inside the NFL" getting replayed over and over.

Mecole Hardman's TD return was impressive, but think we got lucky that we got to keep it (looked like his heel was on the line), yes I know the shoe & the line are both white, but think that was Rich Gannon's way of having some fun with the situation knowing that the refs could go either way on that one. But it stood and it came at the right time when both the team and the crowd needed it.

Offensively we had some misfires, but thankfully we were able to bounce back and score right back when we needed to. The screen/dump off option that Williams missed, the play where Hill didn't run the route that Mahomes expected him to, think there was a drop that was pretty bad, as well...Good news is we have an extra week to clean that stuff up.

Defense really stepped up today, AGAIN. The Chargers have enough firepower on offense to beat anybody, but it didn't happen today. Really liked how are pass rush responded in the 4th quarter. Terrell Suggs is going to be one of those guys that makes a huge play for us in the postseason. One player I'd like to give credit to is #35, C. Ward. Really liked he responded after flag was thrown, and didn't let it get to him. Rivers did the jack-arse move of throwing in Ward's area right after the flag, only to watch Ward help break up the play. Next time that happens hope Ward picks it off and runs it right down the field.

matthewschiefs
12-29-2019, 07:18 PM
2019 WOW what a season!! 12-4 two seasons in a row. AFC West champs (again.). Outstanding. First round playoff bye. IMO earned outright, finishing off the season with six straight wins.

IMO game ball goes to #26, Damien Williams. That 84 yard TD run was incredible. He capped that off by putting another TD on the books in a similar way. He's had to fill some big shoes ever since Kareem Hunt left the team and today it paid off nicely. We'll be seeing that run on "Inside the NFL" getting replayed over and over.

Mecole Hardman's TD return was impressive, but think we got lucky that we got to keep it (looked like his heel was on the line), yes I know the shoe & the line are both white, but think that was Rich Gannon's way of having some fun with the situation knowing that the refs could go either way on that one. But it stood and it came at the right time when both the team and the crowd needed it.

Offensively we had some misfires, but thankfully we were able to bounce back and score right back when we needed to. The screen/dump off option that Williams missed, the play where Hill didn't run the route that Mahomes expected him to, think there was a drop that was pretty bad, as well...Good news is we have an extra week to clean that stuff up.

Defense really stepped up today, AGAIN. The Chargers have enough firepower on offense to beat anybody, but it didn't happen today. Really liked how are pass rush responded in the 4th quarter. Terrell Suggs is going to be one of those guys that makes a huge play for us in the postseason. One player I'd like to give credit to is #35, C. Ward. Really liked he responded after flag was thrown, and didn't let it get to him. Rivers did the jack-arse move of throwing in Ward's area right after the flag, only to watch Ward help break up the play. Next time that happens hope Ward picks it off and runs it right down the field.

I am good with Williams or Hardman getting the gameball. They both came up huge. The record will always show that Hardman's foot was in because that's what was called. But outside of that Hardman also make that key 30 yard catch that helped set up a score. Either would be deserving of getting the game ball IMO.

Regarding the misfires I don't think that was just a Chiefs thing today. Looking at the early games teams that had playoff spots locked struggled against some teams. The Pats clearly lost to a Dolphins team. The Packers had struggles against the Lions. The Bills lost to the Jets. And the Vikings lost to the Bears. Playoff teams really struggled today. Hard to have the same killer mindset on week 17. But like I said we can have no more of that. Got to be on our game from kickoff or seasons done.

Eydugstr
12-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Great to own the AFC West for the 4th tear and a row & great to see the Donkeys in the abyss for the 4th year in a row and I hope the Donkeys stay in the abyss for the next century.

When I see articles from places like "Mile High Sports" that make sick and untrue statements like "Elway was better than Brees", I can't help but wish Turd Elway and the Donkeys nothing but the WORST.

On to the post season, and the Chiefs need to make sure they are ready for whoever the opponent may be.

https://milehighsports.com/sorry-outraged-fans-john-elway-was-better-than-drew-brees/

Seeing is believing. T. Elway still has some grip on local Denver media. To the point where they can't let Brees have his day in the sun.

Chiefs4life24
12-29-2019, 07:38 PM
So.. If the Titans win they are in and will be playing at the Patriots in the Wildcard, and I strongly believe the Titans can handle the Pats, Which means the Bills are playing at the Texans and whoever wins In the Wildcard, The Ravens get the Lowest Winning seed from the Wildcard round and Chiefs get the Highest winning seed from the Wildcard round. So that means the Ravens would get the Titans if they beat the Pats and we would get either the Bills or Texans.

Eydugstr
12-29-2019, 08:17 PM
I am good with Williams or Hardman getting the gameball. They both came up huge. The record will always show that Hardman's foot was in because that's what was called. But outside of that Hardman also make that key 30 yard catch that helped set up a score. Either would be deserving of getting the game ball IMO.

Regarding the misfires I don't think that was just a Chiefs thing today. Looking at the early games teams that had playoff spots locked struggled against some teams. The Pats clearly lost to a Dolphins team. The Packers had struggles against the Lions. The Bills lost to the Jets. And the Vikings lost to the Bears. Playoff teams really struggled today. Hard to have the same killer mindset on week 17. But like I said we can have no more of that. Got to be on our game from kickoff or seasons done.

Believe me I'm not taking anything away from Hardman. It would've been an great return EVEN if they'd called him out at that spot, regardless. As a Chiefs fan I'm glad they didn't. Also doesn't change the fact that Williams did some hard running in that game.

There was a lot of good football today. The Jets have been playing good football the past 3-4 games so I'm not surprised by them beating the Bills (Did the Bills play all their starters? Knew that they had a playoff berth clinched). Obviously the NE/Dolphins game affected us, and got a kick out of watching the reactions at Arrowhead when they were told.

brdempsey69
12-29-2019, 08:51 PM
I haven't seen any conclusive video footage that Hardman stepped out of bounds on his kickoff return TD. Has anyone else seen anything?

I know he was close to the sideline at one point, but the ref appeared to be right there and didn't signal Hardman to be out of bounds.

Eydugstr
12-29-2019, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen any conclusive video footage that Hardman stepped out of bounds on his kickoff return TD. Has anyone else seen anything?

I know he was close to the sideline at one point, but the ref appeared to be right there and didn't signal Hardman to be out of bounds.

Wouldn't call it conclusive, but it was at the 1:06 mark was worried that might get it called back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Qr1N5i4t4

Chiefs4life24
12-30-2019, 02:53 AM
His heel was clearly raised and not touching the line so not out of bounds case closed

Chiefs4life24
12-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Lets talk about Frank Clark in the last 8 games he has: 7 sacks, 11 QB hits, 9 Tackles for loss and 3 passes batted down. He's quietly been one of the most productive defenders in the league.

Eydugstr
12-31-2019, 10:59 AM
His heel was clearly raised and not touching the line so not out of bounds case closed

Refs felt the same way, glad that they didn't throw the flag.

Lets talk about Frank Clark in the last 8 games he has: 7 sacks, 11 QB hits, 9 Tackles for loss and 3 passes batted down. He's quietly been one of the most productive defenders in the league.

The entire D has really gotten it's collective stuff together ever since the first Broncos game. Clark's upturn has been a huge part of that, and the numbers are starting to pile up.

Chiefs4life24
12-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Skip Bayless believes this Saturday will be the last game Tom Brady play in a Patriots uniform and starting next season he will be the Starting QB for the Los Angeles Chargers

brdempsey69
12-31-2019, 05:43 PM
Skip Bayless believes this Saturday will be the last game Tom Brady play in a Patriots uniform and starting next season he will be the Starting QB for the Los Angeles Chargers

:sign0153:

I find this hard to believe. Brady should just call it a career & retire.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2019, 10:25 PM
:sign0153:

I find this hard to believe. Brady should just call it a career & retire.

Brady won't retire. Pro Athletes at his level never know when it's time to hang it up. They always stick around a couple years after it's clear they just don't have it anymore. They are just to competitive

matthewschiefs
12-31-2019, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't call it conclusive, but it was at the 1:06 mark was worried that might get it called back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Qr1N5i4t4

Watching that I think not only the white shoes were a big help but the fact that you can see the ref right there looking VERY close at it.