PDA

View Full Version : Fan from UK coming over for divisional game

nick4768
12-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Hi,

I’m coming over to watch the Divisional round game. I have been to a couple of NFL games that have been on whilst on holidays, when I was a casual viewer. I started following the NFL properly at the start of last season, and originally didn’t have a team, and followed my fantasy football players. Mahomes and Hill were in my team, and it didn’t take long before I was supporting the chiefs instead. This will be my first time coming out for a specific game and I am really looking forward to it. Does anyone have any recommendations for before, during and after the game. Plus any food/drink recommendations for the day after.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Seek
12-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I’m coming over to watch the Divisional round game. I have been to a couple of NFL games that have been on whilst on holidays, when I was a casual viewer. I started following the NFL properly at the start of last season, and originally didn’t have a team, and followed my fantasy football players. Mahomes and Hill were in my team, and it didn’t take long before I was supporting the chiefs instead. This will be my first time coming out for a specific game and I am really looking forward to it. Does anyone have any recommendations for before, during and after the game. Plus any food/drink recommendations for the day after.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Welcome aboard Nick. I would definitely suggest you enjoy some KC BBQ.

Eydugstr
12-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Have fun in KC! Definitely agree about the BBQ, would recommend either Gates. Bryant's or Jackstack. BBQ and KC go hand in hand.

For the game it's cheaper to buy parking passes online then at the stadium. Be ready for the security checks going into Arrowhead.

If you're going to visit other places while you're in town, would recommend the WWI museum, has a tower you can go up and get an excellent picture of downtown KC & Union Station (another neat place to visit, close to the WWI museum). Also would recommend the Negro Leagues baseball museum (which is down the street from Bryant's).

Seek
12-31-2019, 12:42 PM
Have fun in KC! Definitely agree about the BBQ, would recommend either Gates. Bryant's or Jackstack. BBQ and KC go hand in hand.

For the game it's cheaper to buy parking passes online then at the stadium. Be ready for the security checks going into Arrowhead.

If you're going to visit other places while you're in town, would recommend the WWI museum, has a tower you can go up and get an excellent picture of downtown KC & Union Station (another neat place to visit, close to the WWI museum). Also would recommend the Negro Leagues baseball museum (which is down the street from Bryant's).

I agree about the WWI museum, it is very interesting.

I don't agree on Bryants or Gates and would hate for people to compare KC BBQ to those location. Those are BBQ places where the meat quality is very poor, but covered up in a strong flavored BBQ sauce.

KC Joes, Q39, or Jack Stack serve high quality meats that don't require BB sauce to enjoy. Jack Stack is just a few blocks from WW1 and Union Stations.

That being said, everyone has their opinion and there is no wrong answer except for Dickey's BBQ. That is a fast food TX chain store.

Eydugstr
12-31-2019, 01:31 PM
I agree about the WWI museum, it is very interesting.

I don't agree on Bryants or Gates and would hate for people to compare KC BBQ to those location. Those are BBQ places where the meat quality is very poor, but covered up in a strong flavored BBQ sauce.

KC Joes, Q39, or Jack Stack serve high quality meats that don't require BB sauce to enjoy. Jack Stack is just a few blocks from WW1 and Union Stations.

That being said, everyone has their opinion and there is no wrong answer except for Dickey's BBQ. That is a fast food TX chain store.

Sorry forget to mention about Jackstack's being fairly close to Union Station & the WWI museum.

nick4768
01-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys. I have seen Q39 recommended elsewhere too, so I will check that out. Few other questions.

Is it quicker to get an Uber or public transport to arrowhead? We are staying at la Quinta downtown.

Do you have any recommendations of places to drink after the game?

Seek
01-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys. I have seen Q39 recommended elsewhere too, so I will check that out. Few other questions.

Is it quicker to get an Uber or public transport to arrowhead? We are staying at la Quinta downtown.

Do you have any recommendations of places to drink after the game?

I am not a drinker anymore, but if you are down town, you may want to look at the power and light or crossroads districts. Its right by the Sprint Center leading into Crown Center and the Plaza. A lot of people go to these disctricts to drink and watch the game.

nick4768
01-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Thanks. Do you know whether it will be quicker with Uber or public transport?

Will there be a lot of BBQ’ing at the tailgate? I am only in Kansas for 24 hours and hoping to try as much Kansas BBQ as possible.

Seek
01-06-2020, 11:30 AM
As for tailgating. There will be lots of BBQ, but just not for sale. You may be able sweet talk some people for hand outs or to purchase some. Chiefs Fans at a tailgate are generally very very happy people. Even more so after a win.

I can't speak for the transportation! I haven't used any other option than driving myself. I do think they have light rail that may be available depending on where you stay.