PDA

View Full Version : Time to call for heads.

m0ef0e
01-06-2007, 07:38 PM
My mother is stitting here telling me that they need to put Damon Huard in the game. This is ridiculous. We have some of the most faithful fans in the game and we are always plagued by idiot coaches who can't make the right call in the playoffs. EVERYBODY knows that the Chiefs have a better chance of winning football games with Huard under center. I agree in giving Trent Green his chance to come back this year but let's face it -- it hasn't worked out. It's time for Trent to retire. It's time for Herman Edwards to have the marbles to do what needs to be done to win a playoff game for Kansas City.

It really looks to me like a script:

- Our starting quarterback gets hurt.
- Our second string quaterback plays VERY well.
- Our starter comes back and sucks.
- We make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.
- We play the colts in the first round of the playoffs.
- Our kicker misses field goals against the colts in the playoffs.
- Our quarterback stinks it up against the colts in the playoffs.
- Our coach doesn't have as much football COMMON SENSE as an experienced young lady (who happens to be a very proud grandmother) and will not switch to the guy who WON games in the regular season and is a large part of why your team is in the playoffs.

Scripted....? Probably not but I'm absolutely sick of the disappointment associated with being a Chiefs fan. It disgusts me to see people get paid so much money to perform their jobs so incompetently. If Herman Edwards truly "played to win the game", Damon Huard would have been starting against the colts in the playoffs at the LATEST.

Yes, this is a long-winded post and I'm sorry but I've got a lot to say and I feel like I've BARELY scratched the surface. So, I will close it out with these few things.

- If Trent Green is the starting quarterback next season, I will not even care about watching the Chiefs' games.

- On a lesser note, Lawrence Tynes should be somewhere else next year. He is too inconsistent and getting cut could help his career. Either way, I don't care. I just don't want to see him missing chip shots in a Chiefs uniform in the playoffs.

- Trent needs to retire. I know I already said this but... R E T I R E...... PLEASE... Have some class...

- I would not be dissappointed at all if Herman Edwards was coaching somewhere else next year. I don't know what happened to soften him up so much to Trent Green but i think that if he was still coaching the Jets, Damon Huard would have been starting after Trent's second game back from the concussion. I don't put all of the fault on Edwards though, because I'm sure Carl Peterson was a significant influence in this matter. However it breaks down, neither guy has enough football sense to realize what people who barely even glance at the screen while a game is on, can. They don't coach -- or "play" to win the game, it seems to me that they play to not only the money, but to some screwed up, delusional idea of loyalty and commitment to a guy that simply can't get it done on the field. This is football -- it's cold, it's rough, and it's definately not nice. You do what you have to do to win. I apologize for the cliche but Herman Edwards needs to practice what he preaches. Dick Vermeil is no longer the coach in Kansas City so why did we have to adopt his baby? I know this is getting long but I just want to throw two names out there: Rich Gannon and Steve Bono. Ah, Deja Vu.... Lin Elliott... D E J A V U...

I sincerely thank Trent for the good seasons and numbers he put up for us here in KC, but if he truly had class as a player, he would have told Herman that his time was up and he had a good thing going with Huard and to keep Damon in. Yes, I'm sure it would have been a bad feeling at times for Trent to watch from the sidelines, but at least he would have had the chance to contribute his knowledge and playoff experience in coaching fasion and MAYBE had chance to wear another Superbowl ring. As it was, they all dropped the ball and in the NFL, everyone knows that you can't hold on to your job if you can't hold on to the ball.

Bottom line?!?! --

- Carl Peterson, Trent Green, and Herman Edwards all need to take a hike. I'm sorry but it's the way I feel. I'm going to go throw up now. :pint:

khosier
01-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I think Herm needs to go! But i don't think Trent ever got over the injury! give him one more year. but they have to get some offesive line help and some recivers.... :pint:

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
If, and this is a very big "if", we can find a group of great offensive linemen, then I would agree to keep Trent as the starter. However, that will not happen. Trent struggles when he is rushed. More-so than other quarterbacks. He has been spoiled by the fact that, no matter how long he were to stay in the pocket, noone, EVER was going to get past Willie Roaf. Without him, the decision making has to be a whole lot sharper. He hasn't had to deal with that before.

m0ef0e
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
"Trent struggles when he is rushed."

/agree

"the decision making has to be a whole lot sharper."

/agreed!

Great point about Roaf. The loss of him hurt us more than I thought it would. Guy was a hoss, straight up.

As far as decision making goes, Huard had that (hence his quarterback rating this year) and he was definately better than Green at handling the rush.

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh, no doubt. I would have loved to see him start this game. I would have evn loved to see him come into this game, at any point. But, what cost us this game, was a horrible, offensive gameplan. It looked like a Hermi-ball offense.
If the recievers had caught a couple of passes( four dropped passes in the first half) then we might have held the ball a little more. Allowing L.J. a few more carries, and Green a few more passing attempts.

But, definitely, I think that Huard would have been the guy to play quarterback in this game.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes, the game was over from the start, three and out, Herm should have been on a Jet Plane, with the instructions, fly him anywhere but here, this was so pitiful, that I will be embarrassed to show my head at church tomorrow.

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Yes, the game was over from the start, three and out, Herm should have been on a Jet Plane, with the instructions, fly him anywhere but here, this was so pitiful, that I will be embarrassed to show my head at church tomorrow.

Lol. Well, I think Herm has done a terrific job, with this defense. I just wish he would stay with that side of the ball.

m0ef0e
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
"I would have evn loved to see him come into this game, at any point. But, what cost us this game, was a horrible, offensive gameplan. It looked like a Hermi-ball offense.
If the recievers had caught a couple of passes( four dropped passes in the first half) then we might have held the ball a little more. Allowing L.J. a few more carries, and Green a few more passing attempts."

I couldn't agree more.

However, once the receivers start dropping the ball and the line stops blocking, a change needs to be made.

What better way to make a statement to your team in the playoffs than to pull a guy who has struggled all season after being severly injured and putting in the firestarter that had gotten your team into position for a playoff run in the first place.

Food for thought:

If Trent didn't come back this year (thank God the injury was not more serious) and Huard had finished the year, we may have been the team winning the division and coasting into the playoffs. With all the analysts and commentators talking about how good our team is and how we are in position to possibly complete a superbowl season.

I won't really be TOO pi553d if Marty finally gets one >/

Edit:

We definately needed to spread the defense early and keep them guessing. The offensive gameplan was terrible, I truly believe that Huard would have brought the confidence to the offense that they needed and would also have come out slinging on an audible or two to get Tony G and/or a receiver involved.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
If the Defense had been able to score on their interceptions, couples with the only life the offense showed allday, we win this game. That being said, the defense expects the offense to dothe scoring and they do the stoppping. I felt sorry for those guys, they were hurting by the time the fourth quarter rooled around, thay had been on the field for the whoe game. The Offense on the other hand went into the locker room pretty fresh, theyspent most of their time on the bench.

Oh well frustration is not only ooozing out of me, like the song says, it's busting out all over.

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
m0ef0e wrote:
"I would have evn loved to see him come into this game, at any point. But, what cost us this game, was a horrible, offensive gameplan. It looked like a Hermi-ball offense.
If the recievers had caught a couple of passes( four dropped passes in the first half) then we might have held the ball a little more. Allowing L.J. a few more carries, and Green a few more passing attempts."

I couldn't agree more.

However, once the receivers start dropping the ball and the line stops blocking, a change needs to be made.

What better way to make a statement to your team in the playoffs than to pull a guy who has struggled all season after being severly injured and putting in the firestarter that had gotten your team into position for a playoff run in the first place.

Food for thought:

If Trent didn't come back this year (thank God the injury was not more serious) and Huard had finished the year, we may have been the team winning the division and coasting into the playoffs. With all the analysts and commentators talking about how good our team is and how we are in position to possibly complete a superbowl season.

I won't really be TOO pi553d if Marty finally gets one >/

Oh, yeah. I would have wanted to see Huard, at any point, as well. He has spent his entire career running for his life, and knowing that horrible things will happen if he doesn't get rid of the ball. As a career backup, you get backup O-linemen.

As far as the "if Trent hadn't made it back" statement, I agree with you again.

Same goes for the part about Marty.

wolfpack
01-06-2007, 08:52 PM
the o-line $uck so bad today it wouldn`t have mattered who was the QB. shields needs to retire maybe welborn can take his spot. both tackles need tobe replaced. to many holes,not enough cap space. but solari needs to go.

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 08:55 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
If the Defense had been able to score on their interceptions, couples with the only life the offense showed allday, we win this game. That being said, the defense expects the offense to dothe scoring and they do the stoppping. I felt sorry for those guys, they were hurting by the time the fourth quarter rooled around, thay had been on the field for the whoe game. The Offense on the other hand went into the locker room pretty fresh, theyspent most of their time on the bench.

Oh well frustration is not only ooozing out of me, like the song says, it's busting out all over.

In my mind, the D played great. But, on the 1st interception, I wish that Ty Law would have ran straight at Peyton Manning and ran over him like a bulldozer, instead of being a sissy.

m0ef0e
01-06-2007, 08:56 PM

The defense played absolutely freaking spectacular against the indy offense. Ty Law had Peyton's number AGAIN. The offense was so stagnant that our kicker even missed a practical extra point.

We could really use a new....

A) kicker

B) quarterback

C) coach

D) general manager

E) offensive coordinator

F) big-play wide receiver

G) all of the above

- G means you Generally don't know or care and you probably wouldn't be reading this in the first place.

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Solari will be gone. For following, what I am certain was, Herms orders. The O-line struggled early, because the gameplan was so entirely vanilla. And, they struggled late, because they were playing catch-up with very little time left. Every play they called, was as predictable as the kneel-downs, that ended the game.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Lol, that would have been a sight worth paying for,
(grin) I would have paid ten bucks to see it. :lol: :lol:

wolfpack
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
solari willbe the goat and shouldbe. the problem is we made the playoffs. that should sell more tickets and make the queen look good for clark. maybe we could get lucky and have afew nosellouts. hit clark in the pocket book then he might fire the REAL PROBLEM---- QUEEN CARL!

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Tonights early offensive gameplan sure didn't look like the type of offense that I have seen Solari running, this season. Except early in the season, when Trent was lost, and the offense was in dissaray.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes, which leads me to think that Mike was a paid spectator in all this, the play calling today was not like the play calling that got us here, sooo what went wrong? Two Words, Hermie Ball!!

m0ef0e
01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
solari willbe the goat and shouldbe. the problem is we made the playoffs. that should sell more tickets and make the queen look good for clark. maybe we could get lucky and have afew nosellouts. hit clark in the pocket book then he might fire the REAL PROBLEM---- QUEEN CARL!

As much as I hate to say it (and I don't really since it's the "queen") but I agree. Carl sux.

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I just think that this offensive gameplan looks very ordinary. Unlike what I have been seeing from it, over the past several weeks. Every running play, in the first half, was a simple gut play. Whereas, I had been liking the fake-reverses, with the occaisional reverse. This has been a staple of the Chiefs' offense over the last five seasons, or so. While there certainly, weren't enough plays to have been too terribly creative, I know there were no sweeps. While L.J. may not like them, they need to be run, to keep the defense off-balance.

Chiefster
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
m0ef0e wrote:

As much as I hate to say it (and I don't really since it's the "queen") but I agree. Carl sux.

Agreed!

I wished we would have started Huard because then at least they would have opened up the playbook. For some reason when Trent is under center the game plan is run, run, pass, punt.

Herm and Mike need to go right along with Carl.

wolfpack
01-07-2007, 12:32 PM
i have read over the last few years is that the defensives couldnt guess what our "o" was going to do. alot of motion,reverses,which almost everplay someone seemed to fake reverse,deep passes,short and so on. not this year. even with I-65 and no right tackle it seemed we dug up the old version of martyball. the trouble now is we have seen the offence of the future under hermie.
how many o-cord. did hermie go through in new york? he even had hackett. but without a gonzo,probably a LJ,and no #1 wideout.

Chiefster
01-07-2007, 11:33 PM
wolfpack wrote:
i have read over the last few years is that the defensives couldnt guess what our "o" was going to do. alot of motion,reverses,which almost everplay someone seemed to fake reverse,deep passes,short and so on. not this year. even with I-65 and no right tackle it seemed we dug up the old version of martyball. the trouble now is we have seen the offence of the future under hermie.
how many o-cord. did hermie go through in new york? he even had hackett. but without a gonzo,probably a LJ,and no #1 wideout.

Yep!

Guru
01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Bill Cowher in 2008.

That is all.

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Guru wrote:
Bill Cowher in 2008.

That is all.

That would be great! But it won't happen because Queen Carl won't be able to get him for a forth round pick.

wolfpack
01-08-2007, 10:48 AM
while we are calling for heads,whoever picks the cheerleaders need to go. it seems like ever year they get one or two half way good ones. the rest, i think they were scraping the bottom of the barrel. and another head that must roll,whoever designs their outfits. not skimpy enough.

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe we can get him for a first round pick, we will just
throw it away anyway (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
wolfpack wrote:
while we are calling for heads,whoever picks the cheerleaders need to go. it seems like ever year they get one or two half way good ones. the rest, i think they were scraping the bottom of the barrel. and another head that must roll,whoever designs their outfits. not skimpy enough.
:lol:
Yeah they need to quit recruiting out of chief68's trailer park.

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 12:43 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Maybe we can get him for a first round pick, we will just
throw it away anyway (grin)

True.

wolfpack
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
eah they need to quit recruiting out of chief68's trailer park
this is a classic. to bad she cant read is.

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, (grin), what can you expect with only an associate degree, you have gone over her head, she will probably say something classy like--er I better not say it,(grin)