PDA

View Full Version : Playoff match up Vs Texans Pregame

matthewschiefs
01-06-2020, 05:24 PM
So we now know who and when we will be playing. Sunday at Arrowhead the Texans come to KC. The Chiefs already lost at home to the Texans so we know that they will not be overlooking the Texans at all.

Offense. The Texans have a solid defense. JJ Watt has somehow managed to get back and showed this past weekend that he can make an impact on the game even when he is not 100%.It's going to be VERY important for the O line to give Mahomes time to throw the ball. If they can do that then the Chiefs are in really good shape to win. I don't think that the Texans have that great of a secondary. If Mahomes has time to throw the ball then we will be putting up points.

Defense. This is what scares me the most. Watson is a QB that can move. We saw it on full display on their game winning drive in OT vs the Bills. Even the Chiefs teams over the past few years there were strong defensive lead teams have had trouble will QBS like Watson. The first match up we played with Clark being hurt he has come on much stronger as the year went on. And with no Chris Jones. He will be playing Sunday. They are not going to be playing the same D that they ran all over against in October. But they are still very much a threat.

Coaching YES i am going to talk about this. The last postseason game at Arrowhead we saw a team that came out flat. And not prepared on both sides of the ball. I think the fact that the Texans beat us at home already in some weird way helps. They will be very much wanting to dish out a little payback from it. I trust that we will see a much better start then we did for the AFCCG. If not the result won't change even with Bob Sutton gone and Dee Ford no where to line up offsides. GET IT DONE ANDY.

The Chiefs should win this game and I think they will. The crowd will be rocking. I do think we have the better coach in Andy Reid vs Bill Obrien. Lets get it done. Get back to the AFCCG. GO CHIEFS

brdempsey69
01-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Even though Buffalo eventually lost to the Texans in OT, the Bills Defense did do a credible job overall & played well enough for the Bills to win. The problem for the Bills is their Receivers talent just isn't there, whereas KC has as good a Receiver group as ANY team in the NFL. That should be the difference right there, along with an improved Defense.

Get it done on Sunday, Chiefs and get back to the AFCCG.

Eydugstr
01-07-2020, 12:55 AM
So we now know who and when we will be playing. Sunday at Arrowhead the Texans come to KC. The Chiefs already lost at home to the Texans so we know that they will not be overlooking the Texans at all.

Offense. The Texans have a solid defense. JJ Watt has somehow managed to get back and showed this past weekend that he can make an impact on the game even when he is not 100%.It's going to be VERY important for the O line to give Mahomes time to throw the ball. If they can do that then the Chiefs are in really good shape to win. I don't think that the Texans have that great of a secondary. If Mahomes has time to throw the ball then we will be putting up points.

Defense. This is what scares me the most. Watson is a QB that can move. We saw it on full display on their game winning drive in OT vs the Bills. Even the Chiefs teams over the past few years there were strong defensive lead teams have had trouble will QBS like Watson. The first match up we played with Clark being hurt he has come on much stronger as the year went on. And with no Chris Jones. He will be playing Sunday. They are not going to be playing the same D that they ran all over against in October. But they are still very much a threat.

Coaching YES i am going to talk about this. The last postseason game at Arrowhead we saw a team that came out flat. And not prepared on both sides of the ball. I think the fact that the Texans beat us at home already in some weird way helps. They will be very much wanting to dish out a little payback from it. I trust that we will see a much better start then we did for the AFCCG. If not the result won't change even with Bob Sutton gone and Dee Ford no where to line up offsides. GET IT DONE ANDY.

The Chiefs should win this game and I think they will. The crowd will be rocking. I do think we have the better coach in Andy Reid vs Bill Obrien. Lets get it done. Get back to the AFCCG. GO CHIEFS

The Texans have a good team, Deshaun Watson is a talented QB, really good WR in Hopkins, and a good D. In some ways they are like the Titans in the sense that you can't let them hang around. If we get a lead we need to keep pouring it on for four quarters or the same thing that happened to the Bills will happen to us.

With that being said, think our pass rush can do a better job of getting to Watson than the Bills did. They are also really inconsistent.

Because they beat us at Arrowhead last time, I'm hoping that Reid develops a killer instinct with them instead of going conservative too soon.

Even though Buffalo eventually lost to the Texans in OT, the Bills Defense did do a credible job overall & played well enough for the Bills to win. The problem for the Bills is their Receivers talent just isn't there, whereas KC has as good a Receiver group as ANY team in the NFL. That should be the difference right there, along with an improved Defense.

Get it done on Sunday, Chiefs and get back to the AFCCG.

The Bills really surprised me with how well they did at the start of the game. Josh Allen really put the game on his shoulders (sometimes it backfired, yes, but he's young). They're a good team. Agreed about the WR's, they had Beasley and that's about it.

Chiefs4life24
01-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Reid learned to be conservative from coaching under Mike Holmgren and neither had an aggressive bone in their bodies nor believed in running the score up on people. So I have zero faith that Reid would ever do that now.

matthewschiefs
01-10-2020, 03:42 PM
Reid learned to be conservative from coaching under Mike Holmgren and neither had an aggressive bone in their bodies nor believed in running the score up on people. So I have zero faith that Reid would ever do that now.

This is my biggest gripe with Andy. We have been hurt by it many times in the past. Even a couple in the postseason and it hasn't changed.

I really hope to see that change on Sunday. If we get a good lead we CAN NOT back off in any way shape or form. We have to keep it hammer down.

The closer we get to Sunday the more nervous I am for this game.