PDA

View Full Version : Fire Herm



khosier
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
They need to fire Herm NOW!!!! He says he isn't conservative yea right.. How can you take the offence KC has had for the last 4 years and not make a 1st down until 1/2 into the 3rd quarter? He is a terrible coach and the Chiefs will never make it anywhere with him. He says you can't win with a team that throws it all around the field, WELL what just beat you????? Maybe you shouldn't eat dinner with the other coach the night before the game..... Fire his *** now. :-x

chief31
01-06-2007, 08:56 PM
While I, no doubt, agree with you, here, I see no chance of Herm leaving. Our new owner won't have the guts to make that kind of decision. Not to mention, C.P. will love the fact that we made the playoffs.

What will happen, is that Mike Solari (offensive coordinator) will take the heat for the lack-luster offense. To some extent, I'm sure, deservedly.

I would be happy to accept Herm, if I knew that he would allow Solari to run the offense. But, that will, likely, never happen. I saw alot of Herms type of offense in this, and several other, game.

khosier
01-06-2007, 09:00 PM
i agree Herm needs to stay out of the offense. BUT he won't

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm afraid you are correct. What's worse, is that he will probably take the reigns, entirely, next season. Rather they fire Solari, or not. I can, already, see Solari, under the bus, though.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 09:07 PM
khosier wrote:
They need to fire Herm NOW!!!! He says he isn't conservative yea right.. How can you take the offence KC has had for the last 4 years and not make a 1st down until 1/2 into the 3rd quarter? He is a terrible coach and the Chiefs will never make it anywhere with him. He says you can't win with a team that throws it all around the field, WELL what just beat you????? Maybe you shouldn't eat dinner with the other coach the night before the game..... Fire his *** now. :-x

Yeah, I think Herm even paid for the dinner, dinner conversation went something like this:
"Well Herm, are you going to run LJ up the middle a lot?"
"Yes, I think that I beat you this way."
"Hmmm, yoou know, you better use Tony G as a blocking back, because you need some help there."
"Why thank you Tony, I think I will do just that."
"Yeah, I shouldn't tell you this, but we are very vulnable to a run, run, pass offense."
"Really, why thank you Tony, are we on fro golf Sunday?"
"Sure, Herm, what are friends for."


I guess we can look for more of the same next year, Sigh!

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

khosier
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't think he is that stupid but who knows. i am going to put a site together called fireherm.com and we'll see what happens. :-x

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I will guarantee that Herm told Solari, "I don't want to see anything sneaky out there, they can't stop the run. so, you just ram it, right at the middle." Now he's saying, to himself, "If I were calling the plays, We would have won this game, easily."

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Why not go all the way and call it Fire Herm and Carl site. just a thought.

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Why not go all the way and call it Fire Herm and Carl site. just a thought.

I can't disagree with that. But, unless Cowher decides to come over, who the hell would we find to replace him? Herm, that is.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 09:31 PM
As long as our GM thinks only about the money he makes. that will not happen, after all Pitt would want a first or second round draft pick. (grin) :lol: :lol:

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, Cowher resigned from the Steelers, however, he won't be coaching, for, at least, a season.

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 09:37 PM
kenny1937 wrote:

Yeah, I think Herm even paid for the dinner, dinner conversation went something like this:
"Well Herm, are you going to run LJ up the middle a lot?"
"Yes, I think that I beat you this way."
"Hmmm, yoou know, you better use Tony G as a blocking back, because you need some help there."
"Why thank you Tony, I think I will do just that."
"Yeah, I shouldn't tell you this, but we are very vulnable to a run, run, pass offense."
"Really, why thank you Tony, are we on fro golf Sunday?"
"Sure, Herm, what are friends for."


Right on. I was so frustrated watching the run, run pass offense.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Me too coach, me too. You did a great job with the board, keep up the good work

chief31
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, in all fairness, if the recievers had caught some of the passes, maybe we would have run some different plays in the first half. As is, we only got to run fifteen offensive plays, in the first half.

wolfpack
01-06-2007, 09:55 PM
thank you hermie for taking the #1 offence and turning it into a middle school want-a-be.

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
chief31 wrote:
Well, in all fairness, if the recievers had caught some of the passes, maybe we would have run some different plays in the first half. As is, we only got to run fifteen offensive plays, in the first half.

This is a fair point, and one I've been screaming for a few years. Not a sinlge one of our receivers would even start on another team.

The WR's would have probably been facing a little softer coverage if it was thrown to them sometime other than 3rd and long.

But hey, none of the drops by the WR's in the first half were coverage drops, they were a result of a lack of talent and concentration.

chief31
01-06-2007, 10:04 PM
admin wrote:


chief31 wrote:
Well, in all fairness, if the recievers had caught some of the passes, maybe we would have run some different plays in the first half. As is, we only got to run fifteen offensive plays, in the first half.

This is a fair point, and one I've been screaming for a few years. Not a sinlge one of our receivers would even start on another team.

The WR's would have probably been facing a little softer coverage if it was thrown to them sometime other than 3rd and long.

But hey, none of the drops by the WR's in the first half were coverage drops, they were a result of a lack of talent and concentration.

I agree, about the wideouts. Guess this says something about what kind of reciever Jeff Webb must be. If he can't even get on the field, behind this group, He must be aweful.

wolfpack
01-06-2007, 10:07 PM
when hermie was in N.Y. he was known for not making adjustments. i see he hasnt learned anything.

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Even the sure handed Tony G dropped some, I think the offense kind of gave up, and the intensity just wasn't there, they are seasoned football players, and they knew that the game plan was a failure, the defense played with intensity for three quarters and were just too tired in the fourth, no matter how you cut it, the conservative game calling from the git go lost us this playoff chance.

Thanks Herm!

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
wolfpack wrote:
when hermie was in N.Y. he was known for not making adjustments. i see he hasnt learned anything.

I think he may have helped make some defensive adjustments at halftime. They did give up two TD's.

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 10:26 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Me too coach, me too. You did a great job with the board, keep up the good work

Thanks Kenny. I am going to be making some great changes to this site during the offseason. We will be moving to a new forum software which is much more user friendly and state of the art(Vbulletin). The site template and software will also be changing so don't be alarmed if it looks a little different one day in the near future.

All of these changes are going to cost me some bucks but are well worth it. I think we will all be even more proud of this site next year. Thanks for all of your quality posts. You are a leader on this board and your contributions are very much appreciated!

chief31
01-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Well Coach, I hope this doesn't mean that the site will be shutting down any. I'm not sure what I would do with myself.

Old_admin
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
chief31 wrote:
Well Coach, I hope this doesn't mean that the site will be shutting down any. I'm not sure what I would do with myself.
I don't anticipate any shutdowns. But things seem to never go as planned with me. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks to you as well chief31! You also have meant a lot to this board this year.

Chiefster
01-06-2007, 11:17 PM
admin wrote:


chief31 wrote:
Well Coach, I hope this doesn't mean that the site will be shutting down any. I'm not sure what I would do with myself.
I don't anticipate any shutdowns. But things seem to never go as planned with me. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks to you as well chief31! You also have meant a lot to this board this year.

Ditto that coach! I think many of our new posters this season have offered some excellent insight and opinion. I hope to see some of them return that haven't been on lately.

It's been great getting online this season, and with the propsed changes I expect things to only improve! :-D

wolfpack
01-07-2007, 11:54 AM
you dont tell the media in the week that you might bench the starting QB. since hermie took over the kill,kill,kill mental state of the offence was gone. they wanted and knew they had to score evertime they got the ball. not now,kill clock and score 10 or 14 points. they lost their edge. this is totally hemie fault. but clark,the queen or hermie himself will ever understand this.

rock_on_ku
01-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Herm Edwards sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I scream out any louder? Oh man what a disappointing year after year .. does the coach has any regard to thousands of fans who support them?

:-(

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 12:29 AM
rock_on_ku wrote:
Herm Edwards sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I scream out any louder? Oh man what a disappointing year after year .. does the coach has any regard to thousands of fans who support them?

:-(

None at all whatsoever. Welcome aboard rock_on_ku! BTW

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 01:42 PM
"U R Fat Whiner Guys, my associate jr college certificate gives mees the eentelligence to writes mees oppinnions wis meees littles crayolas and napkins mees mudder lets mees wtites ons" Look Chiefster, I can write educated posts also, (Grin), I hope she keeps on posting (Grin).

Anyway getting back to business, I agree that Herm cares nothing about the fans, He cares more about his coaching buddies. We played totally different than the week before, the two games was just as different as night and day.



8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
"U R Fat Whiner Guys, my associate jr college certificate gives mees the eentelligence to writes mees oppinnions wis meees littles crayolas and napkins mees mudder lets mees wtites ons" Look Chiefster, I can write educated posts also, (Grin), I hope she keeps on posting (Grin).

Anyway getting back to business, I agree that Herm cares nothing about the fans, He cares more about his coaching buddies. We played totally different than the week before, the two games was just as different as night and day.



8-) :lol: :pint:

Well I won't go so far as to say that the game was scripted, but offensively speaking our offense was just that - offensive, and I was offended for having witnessed such play calling that absolutely handed the Colts the game.

I truly do hope chief68 sticks around; we are in need of a forum stooge.

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 02:00 PM
U R right Chiefster, (see how quickly I learn) my frustrations just keep popping up, Hey I never thought about it that way, are you saying we need a court jester, wow! U R right, (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
U R right Chiefster, (see how quickly I learn) my frustrations just keep popping up, Hey I never thought about it that way, are you saying we need a court jester, wow! U R right, (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Something like that. :hammer:

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Hee, Hee :hammer: The Court Jester!!

Hmmm, well when you stop and think about it that is the Jester's job, to get :hammer:

8-) :lol: :pint: