PDA

View Full Version : Rb in 1st round?

jason1981
02-28-2020, 10:04 PM
Although I know we have enough weapons on offense but what if we hard a true rb that defense had to respect? It would open up the passing game and also I think we wouldnt need so many wr weapons. If defenses dont respect your rum game you need atleast 3 wr weapons. Hill,watkins,hardiman. But if we had a true rb threat then hill amd hardiman would be all we need with a 3rd that's solid. I think we were more explosive the year before when we had Hunt. Teams feared our running game also. In this case I wouldnt mind talking a rb with our 1st pick. I dont think they will but I wont be mad either.

TopekaRoy
02-28-2020, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't complain if we took a RB in the first round, assuming a really good one is still available. I look at the last pick as more like the first pick in the 2nd round anyway, but I would prefer that they plug some of the holes in the defense with the first 2 picks. The defense is much improved over a year ago, but still has some weaknesses.

The way our defense is built, it makes running backs better because teams have to focus so much on stopping the pass. This was the first year in a long time that the Chiefs didn't have an exceptional running back (Hunt, Charles, Ware, Holmes) and we still won the Super Bowl without one. Imagine what our offense would have been like, last year, if we had Jamaal Charles in his prime!

But you can find some really good running backs in the 3rd-5th rounds. I think our first couple of picks will have more of an impact if they are on the defense.

Chiefster
02-29-2020, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't complain if we took a RB in the first round, assuming a really good one is still available. I look at the last pick as more like the first pick in the 2nd round anyway, but I would prefer that they plug some of the holes in the defense with the first 2 picks. The defense is much improved over a year ago, but still has some weaknesses.

The way our defense is built, it makes running backs better because teams have to focus so much on stopping the pass. This was the first year in a long time that the Chiefs didn't have an exceptional running back (Hunt, Charles, Ware, Holmes) and we still won the Super Bowl without one. Imagine what our offense would have been like, last year, if we had Jamaal Charles in his prime!

But you can find some really good running backs in the 3rd-5th rounds. I think our first couple of picks will have more of an impact if they are on the defense.

I agree, sure up the defense then concentrate on offensive needs.

Eydugstr
03-01-2020, 09:03 AM
It's funny but we have this conversation the same time every year...but this time the Lombardi is in OUR trophy case...

IMO the elephant in the room is the D, and draft a top notch CB, and some D-Line prospects. Would really like to see what Spags could do if he got some serious help from Veach.

If they do draft an RB, wouldn't complain. Would love to see us find a big RB prospect to develop behind Williams. They other thing that I think we need to look at is depth at the O-line. That actually might be the biggest need given the contract Mahomes is going to be signing.

jason1981
03-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Ok these positions I wouldnt complain if picked in 1st. In no order

Interior oline
Rb
Cb
Lb

I will be mad if we go d-line for the millionth time. Even if we lose Chris jones. It feels like all do pick with the 1st pick is Dline or edge rushers.

matthewschiefs
03-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Ok these positions I wouldnt complain if picked in 1st. In no order

Interior oline
Rb
Cb
Lb

I will be mad if we go d-line for the millionth time. Even if we lose Chris jones. It feels like all do pick with the 1st pick is Dline or edge rushers.

They are tagging Jones so he will be back

jason1981
03-02-2020, 03:45 PM
They are tagging Jones so he will be back

Unless we trade him away. But yeah I think he will be back. My point was we drafted alot of Dline that last few years we need to draft other spots with our top picks.

Seek
03-02-2020, 04:56 PM
We have this every year, but Running backs are a dime a dozen. We can get a good one in later rounds as we always have.

This draft is supposed to be very deep at Corner, WR and Tackle. We currently only have Fenton and Ward under contract. There are a lot of late 1st round talent that would go higher in normal drafts if the talents as so deep.

Middle Line backer is also a need that we could get good value at 32.

jason1981
03-02-2020, 07:09 PM
We have this every year, but Running backs are a dime a dozen. We can get a good one in later rounds as we always have.

This draft is supposed to be very deep at Corner, WR and Tackle. We currently only have Fenton and Ward under contract. There are a lot of late 1st round talent that would go higher in normal drafts if the talents as so deep.

Middle Line backer is also a need that we could get good value at 32.

I dont really disagree with you. I just wish we had a rb that defense had to respect and fear a little. It would open alot more things for our offense then if he had another good wr on top of hill and hardman. We wouldnt need Watkins contract at all. But I'd like to see the value of the players available at 32. I wouldnt reach at all for a rb. Only if there's a true talent at rb at 32 I'd consider it.

Interior oline
Linebacker
Cornerbacks

Would be my top 3 but I won't complain if there a rb that is to good to pass up that we take either. I almost bet we trade back but with the new cba I dont think trading up into the 1st to get that 5th year option matters anymore so I don't know if teams will be that eager to trade up just for that 1yr of control anymore.

I really think we need to protect homes and go oline. Man my mind changes every minute. Lol let's trade up in every round and get atleast 3 solid starters in this draft. If we could trade our bottom half of pics away just to move up in each of the top 3 rounds I would.

Chiefs4life24
03-02-2020, 11:18 PM
Drafting a RB in the First is such a waste, their is no value in that position anymore, That would be a luxury pick or need which is stupid within itself.

Needs in order of What we will have on the roster at the Time.

CB
LB
OL

RB

Chiefs4life24
03-02-2020, 11:39 PM
Drafting a RB in the First is such a waste, their is no value in that position anymore, That would be a luxury pick or need which is stupid within itself.

CB
LB
OL
WR

RB

You need to remember Fuller will be gone Washington wants him back, and their is no Guarantee Breeland comes back which will leave us with count em 2 CB's under contract going into the Draft, Ward and Fulton both still on Rookie Deals, Granted they are progressing nicely I would like to see them double up on CB in the Draft if possible and forget RB altogether.

LB Hitchens is gonna stay, so is Darron Lee, same for Ben Niemenn as for O'Daniel, and Damien Wilson they are probably not brought back, So a High Round LB is probably worth the investment and I don't know about you guys but it was tiresome watching our LB's leave a 5 yard space for the opposing RB's to get a head of steam and hit the hole, we need a really solid Run stuffing LB who is above average to good in coverage and I know just the GUY LSU's Malik Jefferson.

We have the 2 tackles good for a while but a good swing tackle couldn't hurt to spell Fisher or Schwartz to give them a breather or god forbid something happened, Alligretti could be that guy but we need to see him play this year to know for sure, And I hear Rumblings they may be looking to move LDT to free up some Cap space for Jones and Mahomes deals, so we would need to decide Swing tackle or NEW RG.

If they cant work out a restructure with Watkins and reduce his $21 million this year he will be gone but by his twitter, he sounded like he would be open to playing elsewhere anyway so the point may be mute. Which me we need to find a WR in the draft to replace him. But the good news is this is a deep class for WR's, and CB's so finding one or two in the 1st to 5th rounds isnt an issue this year.

So in all that right their takes up our 5 picks before we even get to think about a RB. GO Chiefs

jason1981
03-03-2020, 06:52 PM

CB
LB
OL
WR

RB

You need to remember Fuller will be gone Washington wants him back, and their is no Guarantee Breeland comes back which will leave us with count em 2 CB's under contract going into the Draft, Ward and Fulton both still on Rookie Deals, Granted they are progressing nicely I would like to see them double up on CB in the Draft if possible and forget RB altogether.

LB Hitchens is gonna stay, so is Darron Lee, same for Ben Niemenn as for O'Daniel, and Damien Wilson they are probably not brought back, So a High Round LB is probably worth the investment and I don't know about you guys but it was tiresome watching our LB's leave a 5 yard space for the opposing RB's to get a head of steam and hit the hole, we need a really solid Run stuffing LB who is above average to good in coverage and I know just the GUY LSU's Malik Jefferson.

We have the 2 tackles good for a while but a good swing tackle couldn't hurt to spell Fisher or Schwartz to give them a breather or god forbid something happened, Alligretti could be that guy but we need to see him play this year to know for sure, And I hear Rumblings they may be looking to move LDT to free up some Cap space for Jones and Mahomes deals, so we would need to decide Swing tackle or NEW RG.

If they cant work out a restructure with Watkins and reduce his $21 million this year he will be gone but by his twitter, he sounded like he would be open to playing elsewhere anyway so the point may be mute. Which me we need to find a WR in the draft to replace him. But the good news is this is a deep class for WR's, and CB's so finding one or two in the 1st to 5th rounds isnt an issue this year.

So in all that right their takes up our 5 picks before we even get to think about a RB. GO Chiefs

Iod say lb before cb. Id rather sign decent dmcb in free agency and pick a stud up at lb in the draft. We need to focus on stopping the run. I trust our offense when it's a shootout. I dont feel good about our chances if we cant stop the run. But to be fair ibdont know the talent that will be available in free agency at lb or cb but I think a true lb will do more in spats system then a cb. I think spags defense can hide flaws in cb more then bad linebackers. I think cb needs more IQ than raw talent in his system. I dont think any of our cbs would have been good in other systems. I think spags limited their risks.

JPPT1974
03-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Yeah as need to boast the defense as really nearly cost the team the Super Bowl!