PDA

View Full Version : Petition to get Solari out of here!

Three7s
11-18-2007, 02:53 PM
This guys is an absolute joke. With the exception of the Colts last drive I just saw, our defense has played their hearts out. All I see out of our offense is conservative junk, this is embarrassing. We wouldn't even have 3 points if it wasn't for the interception. Of course, Rayner has stunk, we should have 9 points.
I've just had enough for too long, you can't blame all of it on our line. This play calling has been pathetic, I wanna see him gone.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
We all do!

GO CHIEFS!!!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MOVE DOWN FEILD!!! TD!!!

Three7s
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow, 5 minutes after making this thread, I'm eating crow. BOWE AND CROYLE ROCK!!! What a catch!:yahoo:

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
This guys is an absolute joke. With the exception of the Colts last drive I just saw, our defense has played their hearts out. All I see out of our offense is conservative junk, this is embarrassing. We wouldn't even have 3 points if it wasn't for the interception. Of course, Rayner has stunk, we should have 9 points.
I've just had enough for too long, you can't blame all of it on our line. This play calling has been pathetic, I wanna see him gone.

i agree. he calls the weirderst plays. running on 2nd and 20. running on 3rd and 12. running always on 1st and 2nd down almost.

our defense is AMAZING!!!

and we should of course be losing but viniteri has sucekd it up

then again our own fg kicker sucks it up so we should be tied i guess.

LAChief
11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
You have my vote... Solari is clueless..

wolfpack
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
RUN,RUN,PASS,PUNT. hermmie style.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
By Far The Worst Damn Play Calling I Have Ever Seen!! With 3 Sec To Go Im Surprised They Didnt Run The Ball Thats Howthey Played The Rest Of The Game

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:24 AM
They might just as well have run it, they did a 5 yard bump pass and tried to go the rest of the way. Let the kid show his arm, what are you afraid of Herm, if he throws the long INT you lose, but what if, what if he completes one for the win. That last play only works in college. Get a clue Solari.(and Herm)

BTW Herm it is hard to get a spark when you keep throwing water on the match.

tornadospotter
11-19-2007, 12:38 AM
They might just as well have run it, they did a 5 yard bump pass and tried to go the rest of the way. Let the kid show his arm, what are you afraid of Herm, if he throws the long INT you lose, but what if, what if he completes one for the win. That last play only works in college. Get a clue Solari.(and Herm)

So True, so true. If wanted to great a spark in the offense, and you change qbs to do it. You must also allow the spark to ignite.

Three7s
11-19-2007, 10:08 PM

Once one of the announcers talked to Herm, and he said that he went to a high school football game, and he saw this play where the QB rolled out and threw it the opposite direction because it threw the defense off guard. He actually made that play part of the play book and used it that week, sad thing is it worked. I think we all know where Herm gets his plays!
Anyways, as far as the long INT goes, in some situations, I don't mind it all that much, especially on 3rd down. Lets say that it's 3rd down and you're at mid-field.
You have a receiver go long and you throw it to him, here's the best/worst case scenario. Best case scenario is you get huge yardage, possible TD.
Worst case scenario is it gets Intercepted, but guess what? They'll have the ball inside the 5 if it's thrown just right, which is just like a really good punt!

chief31
11-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Once one of the announcers talked to Herm, and he said that he went to a high school football game, and he saw this play where the QB rolled out and threw it the opposite direction because it threw the defense off guard. He actually made that play part of the play book and used it that week, sad thing is it worked. I think we all know where Herm gets his plays!
Anyways, as far as the long INT goes, in some situations, I don't mind it all that much, especially on 3rd down. Lets say that it's 3rd down and you're at mid-field.
You have a receiver go long and you throw it to him, here's the best/worst case scenario. Best case scenario is you get huge yardage, possible TD.
Worst case scenario is it gets Intercepted, but guess what? They'll have the ball inside the 5 if it's thrown just right, which is just like a really good punt!

What if the QB gets sacked?

hermhater
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
That is the chance you take in the NFL.

With a good scrambler there is less chance of that happening though.

Brodie only got sacked twice (I know Freeney was out), and was holding the ball right when he lost the fumble.

I think it was Terry that was standing there watching the defender run past him.

I would have preferred a holding call to the sack and fumble. At least then Herm would get his favorite player (Colquitt) on the field, and we could punt the ball away.

Yet another crappy performance by our O line.

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
www.firesolari.com

Canada
11-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I think I may reapply for Herms job now that he has been there for a couple of years. I hope they still have my resume on file!!

Polleo Pit Man
11-20-2007, 10:15 PM
They are trying to spark the offense, but they dumped water all over the wood!

chief31
11-21-2007, 05:12 AM

What if the QB gets sacked?

That is the chance you take in the NFL.

With a good scrambler there is less chance of that happening though.

Brodie only got sacked twice (I know Freeney was out), and was holding the ball right when he lost the fumble.

I think it was Terry that was standing there watching the defender run past him.

I certainly don't disagree with the notion of trying to score points. Just showing that the sample 'worst case scenario' was not that at all. The worst case scenario would have been that Croyle would get sacked on that play, and possibly even fumble the ball.

Three7s
11-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that would be the absolute worst case scenario, that would be the only really bad thing to happen in that situation, everything else isn't a big deal imo.

Canada
11-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I certainly don't disagree with the notion of trying to score points. Just showing that the sample 'worst case scenario' was not that at all. The worst case scenario would have been that Croyle would get sacked on that play, and possibly even fumble the ball.

The sack would have been no worse than taking the knee and leaving the field. Try a play and if it is a positive one then go with it, if it is a sack then run out the clock like they did, but you can't play not to get sacked or intercepted. That sounds like the philosophy of a coach i know in KC.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
The sack would have been no worse than taking the knee and leaving the field. Try a play and if it is a positive one then go with it, if it is a sack then run out the clock like they did, but you can't play not to get sacked or intercepted. That sounds like the philosophy of a coach i know in KC.

Yep, that "play not to lose" mentality will lose us the game much of the time.

Canada
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Yep, that "play not to lose" mentality will lose us the game much of the time.

I don't mind the call if there is the potential that our offense might score in the second half, but the way our possessions are we need as many chances as possible.

Chiefster
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't mind the call if there is the potential that our offense might score in the second half, but the way our possessions are we need as many chances as possible.

Absolutely agree.

hermhater
11-22-2007, 05:02 AM

And possibly lose?

I would hate for that to happen.

:sign0153:

chief31
11-22-2007, 05:08 AM

And possibly lose?

I would hate for that to happen.

:sign0153:

Let me repeat... I do not agree with the idea of just sitting on the ball there. I am just pointing out what Herm was scared of. I was not scared of that, myself. I wanted to see the ball in the air.

hermhater
11-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Let me repeat... I do not agree with the idea of just sitting on the ball there. I am just pointing out what Herm was scared of. I was not scared of that, myself. I wanted to see the ball in the air.

Amen!

Both times right?

Brodie got hamstringed with the lateral crap in the final four seconds of the game.

What do you have to lose at that point?

Why don't you go for the Hail Mary?

I don't get it.

chief31
11-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Amen!

Both times right?

Brodie got hamstringed with the lateral crap in the final four seconds of the game.

What do you have to lose at that point?

Why don't you go for the Hail Mary?

I don't get it.

That would be the one, of three situations, that I won't complain about. Either way, it's a long-shot.

But 1:15 left, in the first half, with all three time-outs available, you have to go for it. And on second and twenty, in the final minutes of the game, again, do something.

Chiefster
11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
That would be the one, of three situations, that I won't complain about. Either way, it's a long-shot.

But 1:15 left, in the first half, with all three time-outs available, you have to go for it. And on second and twenty, in the final minutes of the game, again, do something.

Agreed; but that would require Herm to grow some intestinal fortitude.

hermhater
11-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Agreed; but that would require Herm to grow some intestinal fortitude.

Or a pair of balls!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/197.jpg

wolfpack
11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
solari $ucks period. we all pretty much agree with that but i think if god himself was our OC hermmie wouldn`t let him do anything.hermmie never has had a threating offense and never will,(unless clark grows some balls and forces hermmie).

Chiefster
11-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Or a pair of balls!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/197.jpg

Those are securely tucked away in his wifes purse.

hermhater
11-24-2007, 03:07 AM
solari period. we all pretty much agree with that but i think if god himself was our OC hermmie wouldn`t let him do anything.hermmie never has had a threating offense and never will,(unless clark grows some balls and forces hermmie).

Hermie has a habit of getting his offensive players hurt.

Sometimes for life.

It could happen to any of us without warning.

Because Herm is our coach.

Grrr...