PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Good D or Good O?

LAChief
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
My vote is a good offense will beat a good defense and I think thats the problem with Herm. He thinks you can win with a good D and no offense. You need to score to win, period.. He just doesn't have the no how on offense.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Herm lost another one for us.

This is unbelievable.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
you said poll, but i dont see the poll :)

but yeah, you have to have points to win.

BUT...if we had a field goal kicker, we MIGHT have won.

if payton didnt get first down on the qb sneak, we might have won. We were in it at least. I cant #$# about any of our players, just the coaches.

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 03:42 AM
just as much as i love OUR TENACIOUS D this season,

i really really miss our HIGH FLYIN OFFENSE we had....

at least we saw first down conversions and TD's and dammit, i miss that...

chief31
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
That depends. What do I get on the other side of the ball?

If I get an average opposite side of the ball, then I like a great defense.

If I am going to get a good opposite side, then I want a great defense.

But, if I get a poor opposite side, or a horrible opposite side, then give me a great offense.

hermhater
11-20-2007, 03:20 PM

But, if I get a poor opposite side, or a horrible opposite side, then give me a great offense.

Doesn't sound like it depends to me. You took a great defense no matter what.

I agree it is better to have a great defense, but there is still no reason to hamstring your O.

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Herm lost another one for us.

This is unbelievable.

Actually for Herm, this is incredibly believable.

chief31
11-21-2007, 04:12 AM

Doesn't sound like it depends to me. You took a great defense no matter what.

I agree it is better to have a great defense, but there is still no reason to hamstring your O.

You should have read a little bit closer. I only prefer the offense, if you are going to give me a bad opposite side of the ball.

I feel that a great offense can cover for a poor defense, better than the reverse.

chief31
11-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Here we go... This should add the poll to the thread.

hermhater
11-23-2007, 12:00 AM
You should have read a little bit closer. I only prefer the offense, if you are going to give me a bad opposite side of the ball.

I feel that a great offense can cover for a poor defense, better than the reverse.

My bad.

:D

Three7s
11-23-2007, 01:14 AM
The Chiefs did it quite well in the mid 2000s, REALLY bad defense, but we still won games with our offense. I agree with chief31.

Canada
11-23-2007, 01:14 AM
We had 5 years of good offense. We need Balance.

hermhater
11-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Great offense if much more entertaining, and I love to see it.

But I think we need to have balance on both sides for ANY kind of game plan to work.

Canada
11-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Great offense if much more entertaining, and I love to see it.

But I think we need to have balance on both sides for ANY kind of game plan to work.

Great D is way more entertaining. I would rather see our Defense take heads off than watch the likes of Mrs Manning throw the ball.

hermhater
11-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Great D is way more entertaining. I would rather see our Defense take heads off than watch the likes of Mrs Manning throw the ball.

I hate Manning now.

But...

If he defected from the Colts and said "I will only continue playing Football in the NFL is if I can play for the Kansas City Chiefs." then I would take the guy in a heartbeat.

Canada
11-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I hate Manning now.

But...

If he defected from the Colts and said "I will only continue playing Football in the NFL is if I can play for the Kansas City Chiefs." then I would take the guy in a heartbeat.

Obviously, but I would choose to have Derrick Thomas on the team before Manning.