PDA

View Full Version : Herm gave his friend Tony the game.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
I am sure of it.

He just couldn't take seeing his best friend lose three in a row...

We have the weapons to win the game and he can't even use them.

Even the announcers said they need to stop running on first down.

:mob: :mob: :mob:

Sick Dog
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Brutal! You might as well have left Huard in with that game plan...When Croyle did get a chance to throw he did nothing but make things happen...Oh ya and they better ditch that stiff Rayner...There is a reason Green Bay drafted a kicker...He is the other a-hole who cost the Chiefs the game:mob:

wolfpack
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Brutal! You might as well have left Huard in with that game plan...When Croyle did get a chance to throw he did nothing but make things happen...Oh ya and they better ditch that stiff Rayner...There is a reason Green Bay drafted a kicker...He is the other a-hole who cost the Chiefs the game:mob:
our kicker didnt lose the game. they missed 2 also. what makes you just puke is the play calling. afraid to throw down field,afraid to throw on 1st down.

greg3564
11-18-2007, 04:26 PM
our kicker didnt lose the game. they missed 2 also. what makes you just puke is the play calling. afraid to throw down field,afraid to throw on 1st down.

Yeah, the play calling SUCKED! How in the hell do you run a draw on 3rd and long, on the road, in the fourth quarter and in a tied game? Unbelieveable. As soon as they did that, I knew the game was lost. Especially against Manning in Indy. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Herm at the reigns of this team we will NEVER be better than a .500 team. His record shows us that.:mob:

KC2CHI
11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Damn it! This is so frustrating!

Guru
11-18-2007, 07:08 PM

Mr. Clutch missed two also. That is a wash. No way I blame this loss on the kicker.

This is on Herm and the coaches.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
You said it man!

And nothing will be done about it.

Herm will talk about how great the D did, and just say "Well we played a great football team."

Idiot.

luv
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, the play calling SUCKED! How in the hell do you run a draw on 3rd and long, on the road, in the fourth quarter and in a tied game? Unbelieveable. As soon as they did that, I knew the game was lost. Especially against Manning in Indy. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Herm at the reigns of this team we will NEVER be better than a .500 team. His record shows us that.:mob:
Never? Weren't we 9-7 last year?

luv
11-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes, I agree the play calling sucked. I don't believe Herm gave this game to Tony to prevent them from losing three in a row, though.

tornadospotter
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Mr. Clutch missed two also. That is a wash. No way I blame this loss on the kicker.

Agreed! Why when you have time and time outs, why do you run out the clock when the other team has the ball to start the second half, why do you not try to a least move into a position to go up by a score.

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I am one of the few that would never blame the kicker for a loss.... but I think we played very good today, we should never rely on the kicker to begin with.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Agreed Tammie.

We had bad kicks, and so did Indy.

Their guy just happened to be injured and missed the first two because of that.

If Herm is so big on defense and not worrying about scoring points, you can't blame our kicker for this game.

I wonder how many times he has even kicked on turf in his career, and what the the percentage is for them.

Rayner is a good kicker, and I want to keep him, unless he has multiple 2 miss games.

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Agreed Tammie.

We had bad kicks, and so did Indy.

Their guy just happened to be injured and missed the first two because of that.

If Herm is so big on defense and not worrying about scoring points, you can't blame our kicker for this game.

I wonder how many times he has even kicked on turf in his career, and what the the percentage is for them.

Rayner is a good kicker, and I want to keep him, unless he has multiple 2 miss games.
But rayner already has.... we shouldnt be at that level of play... we should have gone for it at 3rd and freakin long.

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Still wondering how numbered Rayner's days are.

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 12:08 AM
we are goood.... we can do it - rayner may be replaced, but I for one, dont think that will fix our prob...

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
But rayner already has.... we shouldnt be at that level of play... we should have gone for it at 3rd and freakin long.

I meant more of them.

I have liked the way he kicked earlier in the season. If he is falling about now we will ned to replace the guy.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:17 AM
we are goood.... we can do it - rayner may be replaced, but I for one, dont think that will fix our prob....

Exactly you can't count on your kicker to win games all the time HERM!

You need to unleash the hounds and go for the jugular, rather than trying to keep it close and then doing a terrible job of managing the game.

Have I mentioned that I hate Herm? (Not the guy, but the coach.)

luv
11-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Still wondering how numbered Rayner's days are.
I would hate to be a kicker in the NFL. A couple of missed kicks, and, BOOM, get him out of there. How many balls get dropped by WR's in a game? Do we automatically throw them to the wayside?

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Thing is (and I am not calling for Rayners job we have much larger problems) Kickers only have 1 job, come in and make the field goals. I agree with others that Rayner has far too many times that he needs to try a field goal. I would love to see Rayner kicking all extra points, and I would love to see Colquitt be a non factor in games. Problem is Hermie wants to play for field position, that is why he runs for 2 or 3 yards on 3rd and 8+ every time.
I think that Jared Allen and the D are doing great this year, but you cant put every game squarely on their shoulders and expect to win.

Notice to Herm field position isn't winning you games. Wake up.

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Thing is (and I am not calling for Rayners job we have much larger problems) Kickers only have 1 job, come in and make the field goals. I agree with others that Rayner has far too many times that he needs to try a field goal. I would love to see Rayner kicking all extra points, and I would love to see Colquitt be a non factor in games. Problem is Hermie wants to play for field position, that is why he runs for 2 or 3 yards on 3rd and 8+ every time.
I think that Jared Allen and the D are doing great this year, but you cant put every game squarely on their shoulders and expect to win.

Notice to Herm field position isn't winning you games. Wake up.
well put!!! kicker only have one freakin job to do.... he aint doin it. but it should not come down to that...

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:41 AM
well put!!! kicker only have one freakin job to do.... he aint doin it. but it should not come down to that...

Vinatieri has 21 game winning field goals and he missed the same amount as Rayner today.

The announcers were talking about an injury to V but I can't comment on that.

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Vinatieri has 21 game winning field goals and he missed the same amount as Rayner today.

I can his plant leg is injured, it hurts every time he plants to kick so he is a little off, and instead of taking advantage of it, Rayner missed 2 himself. Wonder what Vanderjagt is thinking right now, wonder if Chiefs are talking to anyone.

luv
11-19-2007, 02:11 AM
I would hate to be a kicker in the NFL. A couple of missed kicks, and, BOOM, get him out of there. How many balls get dropped by WR's in a game? Do we automatically throw them to the wayside?
I'm stupid. Please disregard this post.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 02:20 AM

I'm stupid. Please disregard this post.

Nonsense!

Kickers get 2 or three games to miss over 40 yarders multiple times.

I think Rayner is a good kicker, but if he does miss more than two 30, 40 yarders in two more games I will then call for his head.

Looks like we we should have taken GB's kicker when we could have, instead of wasting a draft pick on Medlock, then getting the backup to the guy we could have drafted from GB.

Not saying I called it before the draft, but just another showing of Herm's ineptitude.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 02:23 AM
I can his plant leg is injured, it hurts every time he plants to kick so he is a little off, and instead of taking advantage of it, Rayner missed 2 himself. Wonder what Vanderjagt is thinking right now, wonder if Chiefs are talking to anyone.

Warning I am about to say something good about Herm.

The guy realized Medlock was a non NFL winning game kicker and replaced him.

I am happy with Rayner (some guys just have those days) and think Herm did a good job sticking with him.

Warning caveat about Herm getting Rayner.

If he is only relying on his assistant coaches then he doesn't get the credit and we may well be hosed.

luv
11-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Warning I am about to say something good about Herm.

The guy realized Medlock was a non NFL winning game kicker and replaced him.

I am happy with Rayner (some guys just have those days) and think Herm did a good job sticking with him.

Warning caveat about Herm getting Rayner.

If he is only relying on his assistant coaches then he doesn't get the credit and we may well be hosed.
I had something really sarcastic typed. I'm not in the mood for the remarks it would have gotten. I'll just say that I'm happy with Rayner as well.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 02:42 AM
I had something really sarcastic typed. I'm not in the mood for the remarks it would have gotten. I'll just say that I'm happy with Rayner as well.

I can usually take sarcasm as long it has as guilty smile, or a lol.

I'm not good enough to figure out when someone is being sincere or not!

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 02:47 AM
SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD BUT HERES MY .02

CROYLE DID GOOD. HE COULD OF BEEN PUT IN EARLIER IN THE SEASON AND WE COULD OF WON THIS GAME.

OUR O-LINE SUCKS A WHOLE LOT OF A$Z.
AND ITS NOT GONNA GET ANY BETTER
ITS LIKE TONY GONZALEZ SAID IN THE POST GAME REPORTS, WE CAN ONLY DO WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

THE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY IS POOR.
I KNEW BETTER THAN TO THINK DRUMMOND WAS THE PROBLEM. I THINK WE ALL REALIZED DRUMMOND OR SOMEONE ELSE, THE ST COVERAGE SUCKS.

THANK GOD VINNATERI MISSED 2 FIELD GOALS, OR WE WOULD NOW BE ASKING FOR RAYNERS' HEAD. IT WAS A BAD KICKERS DAY.

WE ARENT GONNA WIN GAMES IF WE DONT PRODUCE POINTS OFF OF TURNOVERS. SIMPLE SAID AS THAT. TOO MANY GAMES WHERE WE HAD LOTS OF TURNOVERS BUT NO POINTS TO SHOW.

THE DEFENSE ONCE AGAIN KEPT US IN THE GAME. HEY IF YOU KEEP PEYTON MANNING AND CORP. TO 13 MEASLEY POINTS, YOURE DEFENSE IS OBVIOUSLY DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT.

THE CROYLE AND BOWE COMBO FOR THE FUTURE... IM JUST LICKIN MY CHOPS THINKIN OF IT.

AND HOW GOOD DID DERRICK JOHNSON AND JARED ALLEN LOOK IN THE BACKFIELD?

THAT IS ALL. GOOD NITE CROWDERZ. :toast2:

hermhater
11-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Nite girly!

chief31
11-19-2007, 04:12 AM

The first Vinatieri miss was caused by the kick being partially blocked.

But regardless of what Vinatieri did, Rayner blew it.

Not that I hold him responsible for this loss, I am staring staight at Herm for this. 1:15 left in the first half, and Herm decided that he didn't want any points. Then, gave up late in the fourth quarter as well. You can not play that conservative on the road, at the home of the Super Bowl champions.

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 04:22 AM

Not that I hold him responsible for this loss, I am staring staight at Herm for this. 1:15 left in the first half, and Herm decided that he didn't want any points. Then, gave up late in the fourth quarter as well. You can not play that conservative on the road, at the home of the Super Bowl champions.

you definitely cannot play conservative while they have dwight freeney and marvin harrison out. they caught the colts at the right moment, and definitely should of won that game. but i agree, HERMIES decision making was poor.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/173.jpg

hermhater
11-19-2007, 04:26 AM

Been statin' that all day, and been gettin hollered at.

Got no more rep to give, but :sign0098:

chief31
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Basically, the defense did what we wanted them to do. They gave us a chance to win the game. But that doesn't do any good, if you refuse to take a chance.

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

Exactly! If Herm had any self respect at all he would step down and quietly fade away into the annals of football history, never again to be heard of, and forgotten.

Canada
11-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Exactly! If Herm had any self respect at all he would step down and quietly fade away into the annals of football history, never again to be heard of, and forgotten.

heh heh...u said annals

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
heh heh...u said annals

Why yes; yes I did. :lol:

Not to be confused with anal which, too, is synonymous with Herm Edwards.