PDA

View Full Version : Herm and Solari SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greg3564
11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
What in the hell is with the 2nd or 3rd and long and running a draw?! Herm's philosophy of not throwing on 3rd and long and hoping the defense can hold is the sole reason we lost. The players did what they were asked and Herm and Solari gave the game away. Priest could never get anything going because of the predictable run, run, pass call playing. I think my local high school team has more imagination and risk taking when calling plays.

I'm very pleased with Croyle. He should have started earlier to give this team a chance. I'm soooooo bent out of shape with the play calling this week. Pathetic! Ugggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!:sign0153: :mob:

texaschief
11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
for the first time, i have to agree. The coaches lost this game...along with Dave Rayner.

good thing we're in a horrible division.

wolfpack
11-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Rayne missed 2,so did they. Croyle did look good.but this play calling su@ks,period! edwards lost this game and it makes me sick.

greg3564
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
for the first time, i have to agree. The coaches lost this game...along with Dave Rayner.

Rayner has some of the blame. Probably 10%. But the other 90% lies solely on the Herm and Company. He needs to goe. The players are performing and his play calling blows. That is why his career record is now 52-54. Not even .500!!!!

+--------------+----------+
| Reg. Season | Playoffs |
+----------+--------------+----------+
| Year TM | W L T | W L |
| 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2001.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2002.htm) | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |
| 2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2003.htm) | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2004.htm) | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
| 2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2005.htm) | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
| 2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2006.htm) | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2007.htm) | 4 6 0 | 0 0 |
| TOTALS | 52 54 0 | 2 4 |

texaschief
11-18-2007, 04:51 PM
THIS DEFENSE IS GETTING REALLY GOOD!!! Let's just get a different coordinator before we fire the head coach.

Three7s
11-18-2007, 04:54 PM
THIS DEFENSE IS GETTING REALLY GOOD!!! Let's just get a different coordinator before we fire the head coach.
I agree with you, I haven't been to high on Herm's philosophies, but I think I'd rather see if things would go better if Solari was out of here. If things don't improve, then we know why!

hermhater
11-18-2007, 05:00 PM

How do you feel about wasting those 3 timeouts now guy?

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 05:06 PM

umm....it was still the right thing to do in that situation. We were well on our side of the field. that didnt have too much to do with the outcome of this game.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 05:08 PM
That is BS. I knew we weren't gonna be able to hold the Colts for the entire second half.

1:15 is a lot of time in the NFL. We could have scored with a break away by DBo, or gotten downfield and tried yet another FG.

greg3564
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with you, I haven't been to high on Herm's philosophies, but I think I'd rather see if things would go better if Solari was out of here. If things don't improve, then we know why!

Solari just does what Herm wants him to do. Herm has always been a very conservative coach. But in the fourth quarter and in a tied game on the road, you can't play call like that. You have to throw it down field. Running a draw for a couple or an imcomplete throw? Pretty much the same result. But at least if you try to throw and pick up a first down, you control the clock and the game. But to kick it away to Manning at home with little time left? Stupid! Herm has no one to blame and I hope and expect that he takes the blame on this one.

texaschief
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
That is BS. I knew we weren't gonna be able to hold the Colts for the entire second half.

1:15 is a lot of time in the NFL. We could have scored with a break away by DBo, or gotten downfield and tried yet another FG.

or, the kid could've been sacked, fumbled and there goes 6 the other way....or he could've thrown a pick/leads to a score the other way. btw...how many times have we seen this offense march 60+ yds to score in less than 90 seconds this season?...especially with a new QB...get real.

lmao...you'd be a worse coach than Herm.

texaschief
11-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Solari just does what Herm wants him to do. Herm has always been a very conservative coach. But in the fourth quarter and in a tied game on the road, you can't play call like that. You have to throw it down field. Running a draw for a couple or an imcomplete throw? Pretty much the same result. But at least if you try to throw and pick up a first down, you control the clock and the game. But to kick it away to Manning at home with little time left? Stupid! Herm has no one to blame and I hope and expect that he takes the blame on this one.

agreed.

Canada
11-18-2007, 06:31 PM
or, the kid could've been sacked, fumbled and there goes 6 the other way....or he could've thrown a pick/leads to a score the other way. btw...how many times have we seen this offense march 60+ yds to score in less than 90 seconds this season?...especially with a new QB...get real.

At least maybe then Herm woulda tried scoring. He only throws when we are behind.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Well what DID happen is we didn't score any points at the end of the second quarter, that we ended up needing in the second half. Thank you for proving my point for me.

I can't remember if we have ever done that this year.

But now we were playing against Indy, on the road.

You ALWAYS try to score points. You sound exactly like Herm, so I'm pretty damn sure I would make a better coach than you.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Well what DID happen is we didn't score any points at the end of the second quarter, that we ended up needing in the second half. Thank you for proving my point for me.

You ALWAYS try to score points. You sound exactly like Herm, so I'm pretty damn sure I would make a better coach than you.

we should have won it in the second half with good play-calling.

we are tied and had a whole nother half to play to win. we lost in the 2nd half. we cant be a good team with these coaches. it is sad. I mean we have a good offense. they are not bad.

they are ranked worse in the nfl...but that is because the coaches did that to them, not because they really are 31st worse in the nfl.

Herman has to go. The fans need to start booign HERM any chance they can get and hold up signs saying he needs to go. Fans need to speak out at the games.

McLovin
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
umm....it was still the right thing to do in that situation. We were well on our side of the field. that didnt have too much to do with the outcome of this game.
I so totally disagree on this, if they would have let time run out and not called the time outs there, I think that it may have helped, I don't know because obviously the Colts were able to run out the clock although if we would have had the time outs they might not have chose to run out the time and kick the field goal. Oh well never know and it was a lot closer game then any of the so called experts would have ever dreamed. Although to hear it will be the Colts aren't playing to potential, or they are hurt, not that the Chiefs D played a good game.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:46 PM

we should have won it in the second half with good play-calling.

we are tied and had a whole nother half to play to win. we lost in the 2nd half. we cant be a good team with these coaches. it is sad. I mean we have a good offense. they are not bad.

they are ranked worse in the nfl...but that is because the coaches did that to them, not because they really are 31st worse in the nfl.

Herman has to go. The fans need to start booign HERM any chance they can get and hold up signs saying he needs to go. Fans need to speak out at the games.

I so totally disagree on this, if they would have let time run out and not called the time outs there, I think that it may have helped, I don't know because obviously the Colts were able to run out the clock although if we would have had the time outs they might not have chose to run out the time and kick the field goal. Oh well never know and it was a lot closer game then any of the so called experts would have ever dreamed. Although to hear it will be the Colts aren't playing to potential, or they are hurt, not that the Chiefs D played a good game.

We weren't disagreeing with stopping the clock in the second half.

I was arguing about not trying to score with 1:15 left in the 1st half, 3 times outs, on the road in Indy, with a 3-3 score.

Herm is an idiot.

stlchief
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I do think we should not lose fact that these are not the SuperBowl Colts. They were missing an offensive lineman, all receivers but one (Thorpe started, right?), and the defense is banged up.

Regardless, Herm played to tie or for a scrore by his defense, rather than let Croyle go.

This is what the fans have wanted - some for a few weeks, some all season -- Croyle to prove why he should start. He played respectable while hand-cuffed.

Take out the cuffs, let him win a game we're supposed to lose rather than protect him from shouldering a loss everyone expected anyway? So much for getting the youngsters out there and letting them learn on the field.

All Croyle learned today is he can throw one TD a game and then watch the last 7 minutes with the best seat in the house.

If you wanted a spark, you have to open the tinderbox.....

If you are really coaching to avoid sparks, it doesn't matter if it's Huard or Croyle in there on the last drive.

Polleo Pit Man
11-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I do think we should not lose fact that these are not the SuperBowl Colts. They were missing an offensive lineman, all receivers but one (Thorpe started, right?), and the defense is banged up.

Regardless, Herm played to tie or for a scrore by his defense, rather than let Croyle go.

This is what the fans have wanted - some for a few weeks, some all season -- Croyle to prove why he should start. He played respectable while hand-cuffed.

Take out the cuffs, let him win a game we're supposed to lose rather than protect him from shouldering a loss everyone expected anyway? So much for getting the youngsters out there and letting them learn on the field.

All Croyle learned today is he can throw one TD a game and then watch the last 7 minutes with the best seat in the house.

If you are really coaching to avoid sparks, it doesn't matter if it's Huard or Croyle in there on the last drive.
I think Solari needs a spark under his a**! No forget the spark he needs to be burnt at the stake!

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:05 AM

And for most of the end of the game Huard and Croyle were equal, both on the bench watching the Colts, because Herm is too conservative. As you said throwing a 5 yard dump on the last play Huard could have done that also.

I would like to see Solari go back to O-Line Coordinator, Get a new O- Coordinator, and have Herm take off the handcuffs. Wow how good could we be if the handcuffs were taken off of Croyle and had a O-Coordinator with some imagination and vision. I think Herm could make a decent Coach if he didn't micromanage.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:10 AM
At least there were a few play action roll outs today.

I was completely surprised to see them, but did you notice how much harder to tell whether it was gonna be a run, or pass on the play action?

Broyle gets to the RB so fast, and performs the fakes so much better that I was noticing the camera men have difficulty following alot of the plays.

That is a definite improvement over Huard (still like ya guy) and will help us out over this division freakin' marathon we have coming up.

Just think if we beat all of them in a row we will be 7-6 and sitting pretty!

The division is tougher than you think guys, we have all been put up against some pretty good teams.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:13 AM
And for most of the end of the game Huard and Croyle were equal, both on the bench watching the Colts, because Herm is too conservative. As you said throwing a 5 yard dump on the last play Huard could have done that also.

I would like to see Solari go back to O-Line Coordinator, Get a new O- Coordinator, and have Herm take off the handcuffs. Wow how good could we be if the handcuffs were taken off of Croyle and had a O-Coordinator with some imagination and vision. I think Herm could make a decent Coach if he didn't micromanage.

Herm might make a good assistant D coach, but he will never be a decent/good Head coach in the NFL.

And if he does I will be dead by then and noone can talk smack to me anyways!

It's hard to eat Crow when your six feet under!!!

:lol:

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 12:14 AM
love the faith HH - I'm with ya on this... this was a good game..... poor peyton will probably not be allowed to carve the turkey on thursday lol

greg3564
11-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Maybe Dick Vermeil would come back for O Coord. Not as many hours or stress. We'd have to convince his wife first.

McLovin
11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Maybe Dick Vermeil would come back for O Coord. Not as many hours or stress. We'd have to convince his wife first.
This would be great, because with this Herm would have to listen to Dicky V and we could get Dicky V a Super Bowl that I wanted to get him while he was here the first time. Also he wouldn't have anything to do with the D. Ohhh well just wishful thinking, wonder if we have a chance at Cowher.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:52 AM

Once a Head Coach always a Head Coach.

Do you really think Dick would work under Herm?

I am assuming this is a joke, so will refrain from any derogatory remarks.:D

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:54 AM
This would be great, because with this Herm would have to listen to Dicky V and we could get Dicky V a Super Bowl that I wanted to get him while he was here the first time. Also he wouldn't have anything to do with the D. Ohhh well just wishful thinking, wonder if we have a chance at Cowher.

That would be awesome, and I honestly think we do.

Since it is not a postable quote, I will just mention I have heard that he has actually been interested.

I am not going to say where I heard this, but let the rumors begin.

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 12:55 AM
If you really look at the plays guys, our O should be able to do it even with the coordinator callin it... fact of the matter is.... they are not doing it! I have to disagree with most everyone that its all on our O coach. These guys are just lazy. How much freakin coaching does it take to block anyway. mind you, I am but a girl and have never played football, but think about what I am saying.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:58 AM
If you really look at the plays guys, our O should be able to do it even with the coordinator callin it... fact of the matter is.... they are not doing it! I have to disagree with most everyone that its all on our O coach. These guys are just lazy. How much freakin coaching does it take to block anyway. mind you, I am but a girl and have never played football, but think about what I am saying.

Play calling is about outfoxing your opponent.

We have consistently played to our weaknesses.

It takes a lot of coaching to put your offense in a scheme that they can block against, and call the right play for it.

Without the ability of a QB to call an audible the offense is crippled in my opinion.

I am not yet calling for Brodie to call audibles, but if the QB gets a crappy call to run, how can he do anything about it except not fumble the ball?

Although I must mention I saw Brodie talking about how he and DBo think alike. The 14 yard pass for a first down he said "He wasn't really supposed to be there, but we both saw the window and went for it." This was in the post game show that I did not record so I will have to find it and post it later.

tammietailgator
11-19-2007, 01:02 AM
I know, but isnt there a lot of whining over who we have lost on the O line??? They just need to step up and do it..... or did the plays change since the lineup change?

greg3564
11-19-2007, 01:04 AM
That would be awesome, and I honestly think we do.

Since it is not a postable quote, I will just mention I have heard that he has actually been interested.

I am not going to say where I heard this, but let the rumors begin.

I don't know. But Cowher left on HIS terms after a superbowl. If he wasn't willing to come back to the Steelers after that, then I think he's really retired. But, Dick Vermeil came back, so anythings possible.

Sadly, Carl Peterson is madly in love with Herm. God, I've never seen a GM drool all over himself like when they brough Herm to KC. It will take another 3 or 4 .500 or worse seasons before Carl is forced to send Herm packing. And by looking at Herms record, that is a distict possibility.

hermhater
11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I know, but isnt there a lot of whining over who we have lost on the O line??? They just need to step up and do it..... or did the plays change since the lineup change?

We lost hall of famers on the O line.

The O plays have changed more than can be imagined. We used to throw the ball deep and score 30 or 40 points a game.

Good times...