PDA

View Full Version : What is Next?



kenny1937
01-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Well with our Sad season behind us, and the prospects of the same management for the next couple of years, along with the Lady Wrestler to keep us "Fat Slobs" in our place, the next thing we look forward to is the Drafts, and one can always hope in a miracle at the drafts with the Chiefs coming away with some actual help to fill our gaps, along with some off season player pickups.
All in all it has been an interesting year, and one thing we can count on is there is never a dull moment on this great Chiefs Board, you are a great bunch to post with.
See I resisted the U Rs (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
We're gonna have to do some wheelin and dealin in the draft to get the players we need to fill the holes in the offense we currently have.

wolfpack
01-08-2007, 04:38 PM
there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.

kenny1937
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
wolfpack wrote:
there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.

this is a good assessment, and I really hope Tony G resigns, I still would like to see him break the record as a Chief. Hes one of the great tight end in the game and to use him primarily as blocking back is a great misuse of talent.

8-) :lol: :pint:

chief31
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
wolfpack wrote:
there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.

I would like to see Tony re-sign, and allow us to earn a draft pick, or two by trading him. What I mean, is that If he wants to go somewhere else, fine. Let's get together and work out a deal with the team he wants to go to. We sign him to a deal that they like, and they send us a draft pick, in a trade. Occaisionally, a player will do this, out of respect for the franchise that he is leaving.

Chiefster
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
chief31 wrote:


wolfpack wrote:
there `s a signing peroid before the draft. maybe we can pick up afew good players,a dt,ot,or even a wideout. see if we can resign some of our own players. and cut dead beats,,,hicks,wesly,hall,simms,and about 25 others. i think gonzo is 50/50 on resigning.

I would like to see Tony re-sign, and allow us to earn a draft pick, or two by trading him. What I mean, is that If he wants to go somewhere else, fine. Let's get together and work out a deal with the team he wants to go to. We sign him to a deal that they like, and they send us a draft pick, in a trade. Occaisionally, a player will do this, out of respect for the franchise that he is leaving.

Well it may be a way to go. As much as I would love to see Tony end his career a Chief; he may want to sign with a team that he feels gives him the best shot at a Super Bowl ring much like the way Niel Smith did.

Guru
01-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I fear if we franchise TG he will sit out. We either need to work out a deal now or let him go. I like the idea of working out a trade deal that works for everyboday but I don't see Tony going for that. Too many variables that can work against him in that.

kenny1937
01-10-2007, 02:25 AM
I have to agree with that Guru, although, in this league, you can never tell what a player's mind set is, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Guru wrote:
I fear if we franchise TG he will sit out. We either need to work out a deal now or let him go. I like the idea of working out a trade deal that works for everyboday but I don't see Tony going for that. Too many variables that can work against him in that.

Well like every other player in the league, Tony G is going to what is in his best interest. Hasn't he been franchised once already?

kenny1937
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Seems like he was, it looks like player changes are inevitable, when the smoke clears, I'm not sure it is going to be pleasent unless we break the mold and really get some decent draft picks and really good off season aquisitions. My crystal ball is very cloudy, can't seem to get the blooming thing to clear up, Oh Well!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: 2007


8-) :lol: :pint:

m0ef0e
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
One thing I think might help is to get another good blocking fullback and move Wilson back to tight end. This would really allow the chiefs to come out in the more standard I and offset formations and confuse the defense with motion like they have in the past. It would also allow us to use both Gonzo and Wilson more in the passing game because we probably wouldn't have to keep them in to block nearly as much.

I don't know if we will have the trio we still do in the interior of the O-line but those three guys plus a monster blocker like T Rich or Lorenzo Neal in San Diego, is a good combination to get LJ into the second tier of the defense up the middle. I definately think it would open up more big-play possibilities for LJ and would also open up the play-action passing game (deep down the middle and to the outside). Also, our WR screens to Dante might get the D napping more like it used to.

kenny1937
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Exactly right, a few key personal in the right position, and we can do the thngs that will get the offense jump started, and give the defense a rest, they played well enough to win the playoff gsme. I agree with you m0ef0e
it doesn't take a budget breaker to make things better in KC, just some brain power in the right places. (grin, if you know what I mean)


GO CHIEFS :hammer: 2007!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

wolfpack
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
LJ has said many times he really dosent want a fullback. he likes to be byhimself in the back field. if you are looking to trade someone,trade LJ. why?, we can get more for him than a aging TE. yes gonzo till has some years but LJ is younger and is worth more. we need at least one LT and a good #1 wideout. there is alot of good RB`S out there. maybe not as good as LJ but good. to many holes to break the bank for gonzo or LJ.

kenny1937
01-11-2007, 07:54 PM
You got that right wolfpack, I just don't think that management cares, they have their own agenda, and, sigh, we just have to put up with it.

GO CHIEFS Championship Eleven in 2007!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-11-2007, 11:35 PM
m0ef0e wrote:
One thing I think might help is to get another good blocking fullback and move Wilson back to tight end. This would really allow the chiefs to come out in the more standard I and offset formations and confuse the defense with motion like they have in the past. It would also allow us to use both Gonzo and Wilson more in the passing game because we probably wouldn't have to keep them in to block nearly as much.

I don't know if we will have the trio we still do in the interior of the O-line but those three guys plus a monster blocker like T Rich or Lorenzo Neal in San Diego, is a good combination to get LJ into the second tier of the defense up the middle. I definately think it would open up more big-play possibilities for LJ and would also open up the play-action passing game (deep down the middle and to the outside). Also, our WR screens to Dante might get the D napping more like it used to.

Rumor has it that Shields is retiring. Agreed with the rest, but I fear that we will have even more holes to fill come next season.

Good post.

kenny1937
01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Yep, the holes just keep coming, sigh!

GO CHIEFS Championship Eleven in 2007!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Yep, the holes just keep coming, sigh!

GO CHIEFS Championship Eleven in 2007!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

I hear there is a push to rename the Chiefs the Kansas City Swiss Cheese.

kenny1937
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
(Grin) Now that is a Cheesy Comment (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-12-2007, 02:57 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
(Grin) Now that is a Cheesy Comment (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:


http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/01/1.jpg

kenny1937
01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmmmmmm! :-D

kenny1937
01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
What's Next? The Super Bowl of course, with the Bears chasing little Peyton all over the field, breathing on him for penalties, and intercepting a few, causing him to fumble once or twice, with Tony putting bandaids on his little body where those nasty "Ole" Bears touched him, it ought to be an interesting day, if you like to see grown men cry. (grin) Just Kidding, old laser armed Peyton, by the way get a better looking mustache when you do your next cell phone commercial, the old one looked sick.

8-) :lol: :pint:

Guru
01-23-2007, 01:26 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
What's Next? The Super Bowl of course, with the Bears chasing little Peyton all over the field, breathing on him for penalties, and intercepting a few, causing him to fumble once or twice, with Tony putting bandaids on his little body where those nasty "Ole" Bears touched him, it ought to be an interesting day, if you like to see grown men cry. (grin) Just Kidding, old laser armed Peyton, by the way get a better looking mustache when you do your next cell phone commercial, the old one looked sick.

8-) :lol: :pint:

I thought it was a laser rocket arm.

kenny1937
01-23-2007, 03:29 AM
You are intirely right my friend, I was so overwhelmed by his acting skills that I got confused, (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

wolfpack
01-23-2007, 11:20 AM
payton willbe on his back alot this game. the bears pass rush will see to that.

Chiefster
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
wolfpack wrote:
payton willbe on his back alot this game. the bears pass rush will see to that.

That would be nice to see although they better be sure that he still has the ball when they hit him or it'll be roughing and the flags will fly.

Chiefster
01-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Guru wrote:

I thought it was a laser rocket arm.

Yep! :-D

kenny1937
01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
He will remind the Ref that he is Peyton, and he is to call roughing anytime the opposition gets within two feet of him. Anytime he falls down it is to be considered a slide, even if anyone is on top of him, and all contact is to be an immediate 15 yards and a First Down!! After all he is an Actor/Athlete and must be protected at all cost!!

"Sigh" It is almost more than a person can stand!




8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-23-2007, 03:32 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
He will remind the Ref that he is Peyton, and he is to call roughing anytime the opposition gets within two feet of him. Anytime he falls down it is to be considered a slide, even if anyone is on top of him, and all contact is to be an immediate 15 yards and a First Down!! After all he is an Actor/Athlete and must be protected at all cost!!

"Sigh" It is almost more than a person can stand!




8-) :lol: :pint:

Yeah, in all honesty I am sick to death of the league baby coddling him.

afchiefs
01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Does anyone else think mister laser rocket arm looks like Jeff Foxworthy in that commerical. :roll:

Chiefster
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
afchiefs wrote:
Does anyone else think mister laser rocket arm looks like Jeff Foxworthy in that commerical. :roll:

Eh, that's an insult to Jeff Foxworthy.

kenny1937
01-23-2007, 07:59 PM
afchiefs wrote:
Does anyone else think mister laser rocket arm looks like Jeff Foxworthy in that commerical. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You have made my day afchief, I am still chuckling, way to go my friend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-) :lol: :pint:

By the way, it is going to be Mr. Laser Rocket Arm in the Super Bowl. Wouldn't it be funny if by some Disney Magic old Peyton and Jeff Foxworthy switched places and Foxworthy was the Colt QB in the Super Bowl Game(grin)

:pint: :pint: :pint:

kenny1937
01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
wolfpack wrote:
payton willbe on his back alot this game. the bears pass rush will see to that.

I sure hope so, maybe he will use his Jeff Foxworthy disguise to confuse the defense, His fake mustache will have to be better than the one he used in the commercial though, Grin.

8-) :lol: :pint: