PDA

View Full Version : so....Croyle!!!

texaschief
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
If this is what we can expect from Brodie as a starter, i'm good with that!! He seemed mobile, had a rocket arm showed good leadership on the field.

His touch passes and accuracy will get better. But if things go up from here, we should be in good shape at the QB position and we shouldn't have to consider any QBs in the draft. YESSSS!!!!

I wonder how good he would be at this point in the season. I'm curious how he reacts when teams get a look at him and begin to game plan for him and his style of passing. There WILL be bumps.

Hopefully if he loses a couple games next year some of the people on here won't be calling for his head half way thru his 2ND SEASON.

but i doubt it.

KCKat
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Croye looked good. Now maybe we can concentrate on getting an offensive line to protect him a little better. Check out his stats, he did better than Peyton!

greg3564
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I think Croyle is the franchise QB for the future. But the coaches need to use his abilities and stop this crappy play calling.

Canada
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Croye looked good. Now maybe we can concentrate on getting an offensive line to protect him a little better. Check out his stats, he did better than Peyton!

O line looked like they gave Brodie quite a while to throw today, but I know what you are saying!! :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
O line looked like they gave Brodie quite a while to throw today, but I know what you are saying!! :bananen_smilies046:

i agree. o line has easier job now that the defense doesnt know if we are going to the outside or up the middle running on first down (when lj was rb...

...although the defense STILL knows we are going to run.

...also, they are pass blocking for a qb that can get out of the pocket. He isnt fast by any means...but Huard was such a liability for the O line.

The two factors, priest and croyle, is why the o line doesnt now look "horrible."

it really was a combination of things that made the o line look worse than they are all year...

#1 immobile qb...and when i say immobile i mean he stepped in concrete and it dried on him and he couldnt move

#2 lj is not fast enough to beat anyone around the outside nor can he create yards on his own (making cuts) yes if he makes it to secondary he can plow over smaller players.

#3 ....and this is STILL the problem that makes the o line look worse than they are....playcalling predictability. there is no guessing for the defense. our coaches are #$# complete morons...we have been saying this since week 1...and now the announcers are saying this....MIX IT UP ON FIRST AND SECOND DOWNS!!!!!

we cannot be a good team with this coaches philosophy....only mediocre. simple as that.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Dear Herm,

You have a QB now.

Use his arm.

Hatefully,
hermhater

YouTube - Brodie to DBo!

(Apparently if YouTube is gonna do this to my clips, I will have to use a higher resolution and just take longer to upload and edit them. Sorry guys.)

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
good post. i have yet to figure out how to give rep, if i knew i would give you good rep.

Dear Herm,

You have a QB now.

Use his arm.

Hatefully,
hermhater

YouTube - Brodie to DBo! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVn2D9pjfyQ)

(Apparently if YouTube is gonna do this to my clips, I will have to use a higher resolution and just take longer to upload and edit them. Sorry guys.)

stlchief
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Croyle looked great! No bad decisions that I saw, but I missed the first half.

Why are we not using the legs of this mobile QB? In the 2nd half, I saw no designed roll-outs and definitely no designed runs (or even scrambles for positive yards).

At 4-6, and still just a game out of first, he made a great start and if he can win a couple of games (and Oakland @ home coming up), he might get some confidence and give us a run at the play-offs.

GO CHIEFS!

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
He used those legs to get out of the pocket more than huard did.... I supported huard, but loved seeing croyle in, he will get more mobile

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Croyle looked great! No bad decisions that I saw, but I missed the first half.

Why are we not using the legs of this mobile QB? In the 2nd half, I saw no designed roll-outs and definitely no designed runs (or even scrambles for positive yards).

At 4-6, and still just a game out of first, he made a great start and if he can win a couple of games (and Oakland @ home coming up), he might get some confidence and give us a run at the play-offs.

GO CHIEFS!

Broyle played great but was hampered buy the inept play calling by Herm.

I know everyone is saying it is Solari, but Solari is Herms fault too, so it falls on Herms shoulders ultimately.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
He used those legs to get out of the pocket more than huard did.... I supported huard, but loved seeing croyle in, he will get more mobile

Yeah Brodie looked like Michael Vick compared to Huard today.

I know the Colts D is hurt with injuries but we looked pretty dang good when Herm actually allowed us to open it up on first down.

Polleo Pit Man
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
the brode has got a rocket! we should have won this game.

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 11:55 PM
yewwhhh .... michael vick is a bad word!!! remember, my dog growls at that name mentioned. I think he looked more like a young montana!!

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah Brodie looked like Michael Vick compared to Huard today.

I know the Colts D is hurt with injuries but we looked pretty dang good when Herm actually allowed us to open it up on first down.

yewwhhh .... michael vick is a bad word!!! remember, my dog growls at that name mentioned. I think he looked more like a young montana!!

I was just saying that compared to Huard, Brodie was able to run like a running back.

I don't like Vick either, just using him to compare a non-mobile QB to a mobile QB with an arm. :D

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 02:31 AM
great performance considering it was against a real good colts d, and they just happened to catch them at the right time. not taking anything away from croyle at all. this is way overdue. who knows if they woulda started him earlier, we probably woulda won this game.

our defense looked awesome today considering we lost...

DERRICK JOHNSON WAS A MAD MAN TODAY! HE LOOKED SOLID! AND HOW BOUT THEM TACKLES HE MADE TODAY? THATS HOW THEY SHOULD TACKLE!

hermhater
11-19-2007, 02:48 AM
great performance considering it was against a real good colts d, and they just happened to catch them at the right time. not taking anything away from croyle at all. this is way overdue. who knows if they woulda started him earlier, we probably woulda won this game.

our defense looked awesome today considering we lost...

DERRICK JOHNSON WAS A MAD MAN TODAY! HE LOOKED SOLID! AND HOW BOUT THEM TACKLES HE MADE TODAY? THATS HOW THEY SHOULD TACKLE!

This was not against a real good Colts D. They are missing Dwight Freeney. He is a HUGE part of their D.

I KNOW that if we would have started him earlier we would have a better record, and beat them today.

Herm is trying do to everything he can to cripple this offense.

The guy went and drafted some good picks, and then puts them in chains.

I want to post that video of Croyle to DBo for 14 through the tightest of windows.

And they just got up like it was any other play. Which is what they should act like, because they can do it often.

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 02:58 AM
that td pass to bowe was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

and how bowe keep both feet in bounds? even swweeeeeeeeeeter. :yahoo:

even though we lost, i feel good knowing croyle started and is the starting QB. he had a a decent game. for sure i thought he was gonna get licked bad, but he did so much better than i thought i he was gonna do!

hermhater
11-19-2007, 03:08 AM
that td pass to bowe was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

and how bowe keep both feet in bounds? even swweeeeeeeeeeter. :yahoo:

even though we lost, i feel good knowing croyle started and is the starting QB. he had a a decent game. for sure i thought he was gonna get licked bad, but he did so much better than i thought i he was gonna do!

I posted a video of it somewhere on here!

Broyle exceeded my expectations, and kind of blew away a lot of others expectations.

I really think he was so successful today because of his link with DBo, and how they see the field alike (the importance of that is incalculable in the QB/WR relationship), so I give credit to DBo as well.