PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else besides me happy that LJ is on the sidelines?

springchief
11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Welll...here goes my first post... wonder if it will stir up anything...

OK - sorry - first post was a dud... my five year old bumped me and it sent.

Go figure.... great way to start my very first post.... sorta felt like the Chiefs.... all the tools, poor execution.

Sorry, I'll try again...

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
we already had this convo..

firs off, welcome to the boards.

i am the only one here on this board that is glad LJ is not playing anymore.

everyone else wishes he was still starting.

LJ has been ineffective all year. You could put any nfl runningback back there for the chiefs and they couldnt do anything worse than LJ.

greg3564
11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
we already had this convo..

firs off, welcome to the boards.

i am the only one here on this board that is glad LJ is not playing anymore.

everyone else wishes he was still starting.

LJ has been ineffective all year. You could put any nfl runningback back there for the chiefs and they couldnt do anything worse than LJ.

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. I'm not happy an injury took him out. He had become totally ineffective this season and was most likely looking at decreased playing time anyways. I think that they would have started more of a rotation as the season wore on. We had just started to see that before he got hurt.

springchief
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
OK, reasons I don't like Larry Johnson:

1 - Held out at camp for more money. How about playing for the LOVE of the game!?! As I was sitting watching the game today, I said to my husband, "Man, wouldn't it be GREAT to get paid for playing a game that you absolutely love? What a dream job!" OK, OK, I know that is awfully "Polly-Annish" but wouldn't we all like to go to a job that pays us to play a sport we really loved? Better then sitting in some cubicle, wasting away...

2 - He lacks class. If I see him stomp his feet and throw his helmet when he isn't happy one more time, I'm gonna tell him to sit in the corner for a time-out, like I do when my FIVE YEAR OLD acts like that.

3 - His talent for breaking tackles and running UP FIELD seemed to have been lost in the salary negotiations. Aren't we paying him to RUN?! Then run and quit whining, danggit!!

4 - He is a locker room cancer. The rap song that "wasn't him", the whining and complaining and finger pointing. Enough already.

5 - We are a better, CLASSIER, team without him. I almost peed my pants when I heard that LJ was out and Priest was in!!! Priest exudes class and will actually fight for yardage. Gotta love having a guy like that in the backfield.

OK, I am sure there are plenty more reasons why I don't like LJ, but I'll sign off for now.

I guess with the messed up first post, that officially makes this my 2nd post.

...rock on...

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 08:25 PM

1 - Held out at camp for more money. How about playing for the LOVE of the game!?! As I was sitting watching the game today, I said to my husband, "Man, wouldn't it be GREAT to get paid for playing a game that you absolutely love? What a dream job!" OK, OK, I know that is awfully "Polly-Annish" but wouldn't we all like to go to a job that pays us to play a sport we really loved? Better then sitting in some cubicle, wasting away...

2 - He lacks class. If I see him stomp his feet and throw his helmet when he isn't happy one more time, I'm gonna tell him to sit in the corner for a time-out, like I do when my FIVE YEAR OLD acts like that.

3 - His talent for breaking tackles and running UP FIELD seemed to have been lost in the salary negotiations. Aren't we paying him to RUN?! Then run and quit whining, danggit!!

4 - He is a locker room cancer. The rap song that "wasn't him", the whining and complaining and finger pointing. Enough already.

5 - We are a better, CLASSIER, team without him. I almost peed my pants when I heard that LJ was out and Priest was in!!! Priest exudes class and will actually fight for yardage. Gotta love having a guy like that in the backfield.

OK, I am sure there are plenty more reasons why I don't like LJ, but I'll sign off for now.

...rock on...

yes, finally someone i can relate to. I have shared all these things, but there are some hardcore LJ fans here, i sure dont understand why, but there are...and they keep backing him up after i say these exact same things.

I always have said that LJ plays for TEAM LJ not for the actual Chiefs team.

as far as him holding out for more money...i dont have a problem with that.....the nfl is a business. supply and demand. he brings in a lot of revenue for the owners. That wasnt wrong. it was wrong of the owners to go ahead and give him that money.

everything else you mentioned i agree with and LJ sucks.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Priest has been doing a better job than LJ the last few games.

I think a lot of it today was being patient with his blocks (and actually getting some, something LJ got very few of them).

It has never bothered me that Priest is in the game, just that some people were happy that it took an injury for it to happen.

I think with Brodie in the line looked so much better, partly because our QB was mobile and the D was a little wary of him.

That is until they realized Herm wasn't gonna use his talent. Then they swarmed us.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. I'm not happy an injury took him out. He had become totally ineffective this season and was most likely looking at decreased playing time anyways. I think that they would have started more of a rotation as the season wore on. We had just started to see that before he got hurt.

i disagree. i think CP has too much pride to not play LJ on the majority of plays. it would make him look bad if we signed LJ for all that money, then priest was getting more attempts or close to as many attempts as LJ.

had lj NOT gotten hurt, priest would continue to see very limited action, unfortunately.

greg3564
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM

...rock on...

Well I've said these same things here before. I have great respect for Dick Vermeil and admired how his players respected and loved him. You would be hard pressed to find any player to speak badly of Vermeil. He did not like LJ. I felt then, like I still do now, that Vermeil was a good judge of character and that there was a good reason Vermeil did not like LJ. Now we are starting to see why.

Honestly, the Chiefs should seek a trade in the offseason and bite the money he will take on the cap. Either develop Smith or draft a high RB and let Priest help to develop him. Unless the O line makes a dramatic turn for the best, LJ is not a good match and will be severely limited. Not to mention his on field and locker room behavior sucks.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Well I've said these same things here before. I have great respect for Dick Vermeil and admired how his players respected and loved him. You would be hard pressed to find any player to speak badly of Vermeil. He did not like LJ. I felt then, like I still do now, that Vermeil was a good judge of character and that there was a good reason Vermeil did not like LJ. Now we are starting to see why.

Honestly, the Chiefs should seek a trade in the offseason and bite the money he will take on the cap. Either develop Smith or draft a high RB and let Priest help to develop him. Unless the O line makes a dramatic turn for the best, LJ is not a good match and will be severely limited. Not to mention his on field and locker room behavior sucks.

if we could get something good for an LJ trade that would be worth it...i would LOVE to see it!!!! smith can do what lj does, run it up the gut. we dont need lj.

springchief
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
yes, finally someone i can relate to. I have shared all these things, but there are some hardcore LJ fans here, i sure dont understand why, but there are...and they keep backing him up after i say these exact same things.

I always have said that LJ plays for TEAM LJ not for the actual Chiefs team.

as far as him holding out for more money...i dont have a problem with that.....the nfl is a business. supply and demand. he brings in a lot of revenue for the owners. That wasnt wrong. it was wrong of the owners to go ahead and give him that money.

everything else you mentioned i agree with and LJ sucks.

First of all, sorry if I am rehashing points made previously. I just joined today... and I didn't go back through to read all the other posts because I wanted to jump right in on the discussions. So, please be kind to me! :smile:
OK, back to dishin' about the Chiefs...
I have NEVER liked LJ... I always had a bad feeling about him. He seems more RAIDER material, if you ask me.
On another note...
I am seriously starting to wonder if all of these games are thrown. It seems that the WACKIEST and STOOOPIDIST things are happening recently.
Vinatieri has missed HOW many field goals recently? Seriously? I know he has a bum leg, but it just seems a little crazy.
I gotta run and fix dinner for my family and my son is asking about Pilgrims and Indians, so better things are calling...
I will rejoin the discussion on another day.
This seems like a fun place to play!

hermhater
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Glad to have you, even though I don't agree with all of your opinions.

But that is what this site is about, respecting others for being a fan.

Good job, you get your first rep!

Guru
11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Do I think we are a better team right now with him out? Yes

Do I think Priest is the best RB on the team? No

LJ is the better back for overall talent. Our Oline can't make the holes he needs to succeed. Simple as that.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Do I think we are a better team right now with him out? Yes

Do I think Priest is the best RB on the team? No

LJ is the better back for overall talent. Our Oline can't make the holes he needs to succeed. Simple as that.

just not sure what you see in LJ to think he has more talent than Priest.

if our offensive line was making holes, priest would be going the distance, while LJ maybe would get the 10 yards. Priest, next to ADDUI (sp?) is one of the best backs at making great cuts to make the defenders look stupid and gain extra yards. priest is still amazing.

LJ is not quick and not mobile.

tornadospotter
11-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I think that Priest is the best RB on the team, for what the O line can provide. I also believe that a Priest style of running back is what we need for the future. However, LJ is a heck of a talent. Yes he is a one dimensional RB. He is allot like the Nigerian Nightmare in his running, and if we can get a O line to open the type of holes that he needs, he will tear up defenses. Just my humble opinion. To anwser the topic, no I am not happy that we have a talented running back hurt.

YZILLA
11-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Use him effectively and he would be all over the field . See what little dump passes give us . he opens the field up and scores . They dont use him the way they should he isnt effective coming out of the back field because the are stacling the box to stop him. So when they drop a short pass over the line he gains yards . I like em both but Priest didnt do anything for us either so the point is mute . Neither one is pulling numbers like they should be . So now we must ask why ? the O line sucks for both of their running styles . Hate LJ or love him, We just spent alot of money and invested time ino him. What team is gonna give us anything for a back that might not make 1,000 yards this season. He needs to be putting up bigger numbers to make him worth anything .We might have to make a little section in Ventrilo called LJ haters club so you can have a weekly support group meeting . Tim will bring the sugar cookies and you can make coffee. JK guys dont take offense ! :lol:

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 10:11 PM
I think that Priest is the best RB on the team, for what the O line can provide. I also believe that a Priest style of running back is what we need for the future. However, LJ is a heck of a talent. Yes he is a one dimensional RB. He is allot like the Nigerian Nightmare in his running, and if we can get a O line to open the type of holes that he needs, he will tear up defenses. Just my humble opinion. To anwser the topic, no I am not happy that we have a talented running back hurt.
I agree... That could have made all the difference today

McLovin
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I normally dont do this, but I love how people can call themselves fans and root for a player to be injured. Especially one of the stars on the team. Everyone (except new posters) knows my feelings on LJ, I think we seriously miss LJ.

I love that Priest was able to come back, but Priest isn't putting up the numbers either. It is funny, LJ doesn't put up numbers and automatically to some he sucks. Then when Priest doesn't get the numbers the O-Line sucks. Ya cant have it both ways.

I think today we would have had a much better chance with LJ in, the D was banged up and I would have at worst loved to have LJ when Priest was out hurt.

I also think that at this point in his career Priest needs to be a change of pace back. He showed today he can still play and he is still a good RB he is however not what he once was, and if he is taking the majority of plays he is going to end up on IR again and end his career injured.

They were talking during the game that he didn't want to finish his career injured and if he has to keep taking the majority of the snaps then he will end up doing just that.

Before this game with Indy I felt that the season was over, but with SD losing, and Raiders losing (not that it mattered) and Croyle looking good although handcuffed by the Herminator (that is trying to kill OUR team) that we still have a chance in taking this division. I feel that with Huard in today we may have had a similar game but I think at this point in time that Croyle gives us the best chance to win.

Also wondering if Rayner is looking at being waived now. He hasn't looked much better lately then Medlock did. We really need a kicker, I hear that Vanderjagt is still available, and I am sure he would foam at the mouth at the chance to beat the Colts in a playoff game.

Did anyone notice that Sammy Knight helped the Chiefs today by intercepting a pass that kept the Eggos from coming back. Loved it helped more today then he ever did when he played for us lol.

LJ hurry back, but make sure your 95 percent, we don't need you coming back and going out for the season because you weren't healed. Until your healthy then Priest will fill in nicely and we can get some time to Smith.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
I normally dont do this, but I love how people can call themselves fans and root for a player to be injured. Especially one of the stars on the team. Everyone (except new posters) knows my feelings on LJ, I think we seriously miss LJ.

I love that Priest was able to come back, but Priest isn't putting up the numbers either. It is funny, LJ doesn't put up numbers and automatically to some he sucks. Then when Priest doesn't get the numbers the O-Line sucks. Ya cant have it both ways.

I think today we would have had a much better chance with LJ in, the D was banged up and I would have at worst loved to have LJ when Priest was out hurt.

I also think that at this point in his career Priest needs to be a change of pace back. He showed today he can still play and he is still a good RB he is however not what he once was, and if he is taking the majority of plays he is going to end up on IR again and end his career injured.

They were talking during the game that he didn't want to finish his career injured and if he has to keep taking the majority of the snaps then he will end up doing just that.

Before this game with Indy I felt that the season was over, but with SD losing, and Raiders losing (not that it mattered) and Croyle looking good although handcuffed by the Herminator (that is trying to kill OUR team) that we still have a chance in taking this division. I feel that with Huard in today we may have had a similar game but I think at this point in time that Croyle gives us the best chance to win.

Also wondering if Rayner is looking at being waived now. He hasn't looked much better lately then Medlock did. We really need a kicker, I hear that Vanderjagt is still available, and I am sure he would foam at the mouth at the chance to beat the Colts in a playoff game.

Did anyone notice that Sammy Knight helped the Chiefs today by intercepting a pass that kept the Eggos from coming back. Loved it helped more today then he ever did when he played for us lol.

LJ hurry back, but make sure your 95 percent, we don't need you coming back and going out for the season because you weren't healed. Until your healthy then Priest will fill in nicely and we can get some time to Smith.

Yeah I posted that same thing right after the game.

I was so stoked to see that he still wants the Chiefs to win the Division!

:lol:

tornadospotter
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM

HH I agree with this in todays game. We needed LJ today, Priest did ok today, the play calling still sucks. Sorry I have not been able to read all the post and discussions, did not even see much of the game. Just bits and pieces and trying to keep a radio tuned in to the game, had family funtions today. So not really caught up on all that has been talk about.

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
HH I agree with this in todays game. We needed LJ today, Priest did ok today, the play calling still sucks. Sorry I have not been able to read all the post and discussions, did not even see much of the game. Just bits and pieces and trying to keep a radio tuned in to the game, had family funtions today. So not really caught up on all that has been talk about.

someone please explain why we need lj THIS season? is he going to come back and do something different than what he has done all season? i am befuddled...i think...if that word means what i think it is. would look it up on dictionary.com if i wasnt lazy.

Coach
11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
LJ is not the problem. The offensive line is the problem. Ask Brodie, ask Damon, ask LJ, ask Priest. Until the o-line gets better, we will continue to see the offense struggle. With or without LJ.

McLovin
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Timsatt hope your day is going wonderful.

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah, but I like how croyle gets out of the pocket... I think that can create one of two things.... either some awsome plays or our O gets even more lazy... hope that doesnt happen!!

timsatt1
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
someone please explain why we need lj THIS season? is he going to come back and do something different than what he has done all season? i am befuddled...i think...if that word means what i think it is. would look it up on dictionary.com if i wasnt lazy.

..........ok again...i said why, with what we have as an o line, do we need him back this season? priest is getting more productivity than LJ was. little productivity. but more. more is better. LJ cant do anything with this line. so again...why do we need him back THIS SEASON?

my day is going ok, thanks for your concern ;)

tornadospotter
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Tim do not take me wrong, I am a big Priest fan, I am saying that we need LJ and Priest type Running back. I still would like to see PH and LJ in a two back offense, but we I think that if LJ was also playing today we would have a stronger run threat. Just my humble thoughts.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I am skeptical about bringing LJ back this season, because I still believe he is pulling a Shaun Alexander and wants to play injured.

I know that no one knows for sure, but I think the guy has a hairline fracture in one of his metatarsals. He doesn't want to sit any more this season because he held out (which I agree with), and is worried about Priest having a great season and that he will lose playing time (with or without how much we are paying him).

I don't agree with timsatt1 about why he shouldn't play this year, but I do agree with him that he should sit out until we make the playoffs.

Then we can exact our revenge upon the steaming pile that is the Indianapolis Colts.

tammietailgator
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I am skeptical about bringing LJ back this season, because I still believe he is pulling a Shaun Alexander and wants to play injured.

I know that no one knows for sure, but I think the guy has a hairline fracture one of his metatarsals. He doesn't want to sit any more this season because he held out (which I agree with), and is worried about Priest having a great season and that he will lose playing time (with, or without how much we are paying him).

I don't agree with timsatt1 about why he shouldn't play this year, but I do agree with him that he should sit out until we make the playoffs.

Then we can exact our revenge upon the steaming pile that is the Indianapolis Colts.
sweet post!!!

McLovin
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
..........ok again...i said why, with what we have as an o line, do we need him back this season? priest is getting more productivity than LJ was. little productivity. but more. more is better. LJ cant do anything with this line. so again...why do we need him back THIS SEASON?

my day is going ok, thanks for your concern ;)

Ok your gonna keep running your uninformed mouth till I hate Priest like I was starting to hate Huard.

Priest hasn't had nearly the number of carries so we can only talk about yards per carry.

LJ - 3.5 yards per attempt 3 TDs
Priest - 3 yards per attempt.

Also Priest went against the worst team in the league in Running Defense and got 65 yards on 20 carries. And LJ did all of his yards when teams knew he was going to run it most every play because Huard couldn't keep the other team honest. Priest this game had Croyle that was an unknown (granted Indy has a much better D but they are also injured, and aren't as good as they normally would be).

LJ had 4 games with over 20 Carries.

Minn 24 Carries for 42 Yards yes this is pathetic, this was early in the year and against the 3rd ranked running D in the league.

San Diego 25 - 123 yards.

Cincy 31 - 119

Oakland 24 - 112.

The 4 games that LJ had over 20 carries also are the 4 Wins for the Chiefs this year.

Priest has only 2 games but

Denver 20 - 65 Yards 32nd ranked Rushing D at the time, now 31st.

Indy 19 - 55 yards. 16th against the pass.

Priest isn't doing bad and at the peak of his Career there was not many better, but at this point after the injury Priest is NOT LJ. Again I love Priest and I am so glad that he is back in uniform but I really miss LJ.

hermhater
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Ok your gonna keep running your uninformed mouth till I hate Priest like I was starting to hate Huard.

Priest hasn't had nearly the number of carries so we can only talk about yards per carry.

LJ - 3.5 yards per attempt 3 TDs
Priest - 3 yards per attempt.

Also Priest went against the worst team in the league in Running Defense and got 65 yards on 20 carries. And LJ did all of his yards when teams knew he was going to run it most every play because Huard couldn't keep the other team honest. Priest this game had Croyle that was an unknown (granted Indy has a much better D but they are also injured, and aren't as good as they normally would be).

LJ had 4 games with over 20 Carries.

Minn 24 Carries for 42 Yards yes this is pathetic, this was early in the year and against the 3rd ranked running D in the league.

San Diego 25 - 123 yards.

Cincy 31 - 119

Oakland 24 - 112.

The 4 games that LJ had over 20 carries also are the 4 Wins for the Chiefs this year.

Priest has only 2 games but

Denver 20 - 65 Yards 32nd ranked Rushing D at the time, now 31st.

Indy 19 - 55 yards. 16th against the pass.

Priest isn't doing bad and at the peak of his Career there was not many better, but at this point after the injury Priest is NOT LJ. Again I love Priest and I am so glad that he is back in uniform but I really miss LJ.

Once I am able to give rep again, you get it.

LJ is not the problem.

It is partly the O line, but mostly the play calling.

I don't care who is calling the plays, it is Herm's job to pick someone to pick the plays well.

I love Priest, but was asking for LJ to be put in both years Priest got hurt because I saw so much more talent from him.

I think he learned alot from Priest, but would be at such a higher lever of footwork had he had 3 full seasons as a starter.

Start hatin' on me I don't care anymore.

Polleo Pit Man
11-19-2007, 12:07 AM

LJ is not the problem.

I don't care who is calling the plays, it is Herm's job to pick someone to pick the plays well.

I love Priest, but was asking for LJ to be put in both years Priest got hurt because I saw so much more talent from him.

I think he learned alot from Priest, but would be at such a higher lever of footwork had he had 3 full seasons as a starter.

Bottom line in my opinion is , we definately need LJ back. I dont believe he running behind Priest those years did anything but help LJ to what he is now.
When we run our offense the way we have been this season you cant really expect to be anywhere but where we are! Actually we are lucky for our D otherwise we would be hurting more. If somboday doesnt fire Solari and get someone in there with even half of a brain, we are gonna continue to lose over and over! We had this game, it WAS ours. But our coaching staff let it go.....very disappointing!

hermhater
11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Bottom line in my opinion is , we definately need LJ back. I dont believe he running behind Priest those years did anything but help LJ to what he is now.
When we run our offense the way we have been this season you cant really expect to be anywhere but where we are! Actually we are lucky for our D otherwise we would be hurting more. If somboday doesnt fire Solari and get someone in there with even half of a brain, we are gonna continue to lose over and over! We had this game, it WAS ours. But our coaching staff was more than happy to give it away.....very disappointing!

FYR! :mob:

anaeelbackwards
11-19-2007, 04:16 AM

LJ is not the problem.

AMEN!
i don't know how many times this has to be stated. im glad priest is getting to play again, but he is not who CP invested all that cash in. LJ is the future, so IDK we are just gonna have to live with the fact that LJ is and will be our RB man. He's not out for the whole season. He's injured, he's not playing for now, and we have a really good back up in PRIEST.

peekaboo224
11-19-2007, 05:06 AM
I am glad to see LJ on the bench, and I'm not glad. I've always thought Priest was a better back and glad that is has returned. Thank goodness for that. LJ just hasn't performed up to his initial standards from previous seasons. I don't think he is into it now after he got his money. I hope Priest shows us what he used to be before his major injury. If only we had Richardson back, then we would have the best running game. Richardson had a lot to do with Priest's and LJ's success when he was here. Go Priest - give us all u got.

DrunkHillbilly
11-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Look, I understand that a lot of people here like Priest. What is a bit confusing to me is all the ridiculous comments on how the team is better with him in the game!!! Did you people watch the same game I did yesterday? 19 carries for 55 yards against the Colts Run defense?????? I know a ton of it has to do with the O line but with that said, it doesn't matter who is in the backfield, they will not succeed! LJ is the better back at this point in both of their careers! NO QUESTION! Im glad he's getting a chance to play a little but be realistic. His career is on the down side as I said before the season started and he is clearly a backup at this point. From my view point, he doesn't have what he used to and who ( except a bunch on here ) would have expected him too???? He sat out for two years for gods sake!!! Not many do that at all let alone do it and be effective!!

swmochiefsfan
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Playoffs? And as for Indy that game was winable,But there are pansies calling all the plays and until their balls drop back to where they are supposed to be we have no chance at anything. However I really liked what I saw from Brodie, this guy could be great.

springchief
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
I normally dont do this, but I love how people can call themselves fans and root for a player to be injured. Especially one of the stars on the team.

I just typed a a biggg lonnnng post in response to this, and it was lost in cyber-land. ergh!!!! :mad: I'm havin' some trouble posting on this forum - ugh!

So - I'll try to recreate it... but it was really good... not sure I'll remember it all... :(

1 - I didn't say that I was happy that LJ was hurt.. .I am just happy that he is on the sideline. The coaches never would have benched him for being a BIG BABY, but I wasn't rooting for him to get hurt. Just wanted to clear that up.

2 - I am not a big stats person, like some of you are, but I am a season ticket holder who enjoys watching players who give 100% week in and week out without whining.

I am irked that I can't remember the rest of my points and now my computer is freaking out on me... so I guess that's it for now. ugh!

PS What's a "rep"?

tornadospotter
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Look, I understand that a lot of people here like Priest. What is a bit confusing to me is all the ridiculous comments on how the team is better with him in the game!!! Did you people watch the same game I did yesterday? 19 carries for 55 yards against the Colts Run defense?????? I know a ton of it has to do with the O line but with that said, it doesn't matter who is in the backfield, they will not succeed! LJ is the better back at this point in both of their careers! NO QUESTION! Im glad he's getting a chance to play a little but be realistic. His career is on the down side as I said before the season started and he is clearly a backup at this point. From my view point, he doesn't have what he used to and who ( except a bunch on here ) would have expected him too???? He sat out for two years for gods sake!!! Not many do that at all let alone do it and be effective!!
I am a fan of both LJ and PH, In this game LJ would have been a better back. With a weak run defense, LJ should be able to run over, and thru them. PH is a better back against a stronger run D, because of his style of running, and ablility in the passing game. LJ is smash mouth runner, he needs to hit the hole and bust thru,.

wolfpack
11-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Holmes didnt do so bad the first half. but holmes is only good for around 15 to20 carries now. he look tired in the 2nd half. plus it didnt help when you run the ball every first down so the defense knows whats coming. until the offense is opened up,the RB`S of this team right now is screwed. gutless playcalling.

tornadospotter
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Holmes didnt do so bad the first half. but holmes is only good for around 15 to20 carries now. he look tired in the 2nd half. plus it didnt help when you run the ball every first down so the defense knows whats coming. until the offense is opened up,the RB`S of this team right now is screwed. gutless playcalling.
Yes, but keep in mind that this is his 2 game, he is still getting game conditioned, if that make any sense at all, just my opinion.
Totally agree about the play calling, we have to open up the offense, that is the only way we will get any type of run game going. We are to predictable.

Coach
11-19-2007, 10:35 PM

Awesome post. My thoughts exactly!

chief31
11-20-2007, 06:04 AM

I do agree that noone is going to do real well in this offense right now. And the reason I like seeing Priest on the field, aside from the memories, is that he does more things well. He is better at everything except for hammering the middle.

DrunkHillbilly
11-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I do agree that noone is going to do real well in this offense right now. And the reason I like seeing Priest on the field, aside from the memories, is that he does more things well. He is better at everything except for hammering the middle.
Kinda tough to say he does everything better at this point in his career if you ask me.

wolfpack
11-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Holmes just has a better feel of the field. he isn`t affraid to bounce middle run outside and he`s always looking where the defense is in the 2nd level. LJ dosen`t bounce it outside,middle or else,and seems to worry about the 2nd level when he gets there.

chief31
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Kinda tough to say he does everything better at this point in his career if you ask me.

True, but he puts fourth alot more effort in everything else.

DrunkHillbilly
11-20-2007, 10:56 AM
True, but he puts fourth alot more effort in everything else.
I'm not questioning his heart or effort. However, I think it is funny to hear people say LJ is not trying! Gimme a break! It's basically his second year in the league for gods sake!! I know he doesn't have the best attitude but there are hundreds of guys with the same attitude in the league!!! Nobody here knows what Priest was like in his second year.

There is so much contradiction from people on this subject it's comical. Someone wil say "he doesn't even try", then in the next post they will say "well nobody could do anything behind this line". Then it's "he won't run to the outside", next post " he got a great block that's why he had that long run outside".

He's not Barry Sanders by any means but he waits for his blocks and when they are not there, there's nowhere to go! Damn, if all the fans in KC are on his *** like most here, I am not sure why he resigned!!! Did anyone see his numbers last year?????? I know I know. It was because of the O line Right?????

Does anyone think Tom Brady would be any good if he didn't have the best O line in football??? All playmakers count on help from the line, so for people to say this guys doesn't try and was only a good RB because of his line is pathetic!!! And for everyone who keeps saying look what Priest did.... he had that same awesome line remember.

chief31
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not questioning his heart or effort. However, I think it is funny to hear people say LJ is not trying! Gimme a break! It's basically his second year in the league for gods sake!! I know he doesn't have the best attitude but there are hundreds of guys with the same attitude in the league!!! Nobody here knows what Priest was like in his second year.

I say that I see a lack in effort from LJ because I see a lack in effort from LJ.

Also, nobody knows how Priest was in his second year, because he was quiet, humble. But to make the comparison fair, you would need to base the "second year" theory on either actaul experience, (Games played, or rushing attempts) or actual time in the league.

By either of those comparisons, Priest Holmes would be at, or near the end of his fifth season. Same as Larry Johnson. Priest had already displayed what kind of player he was, in regards to his effort. And Chiefs fans were quite familiar with his effort as well.

At that point in Priests career, he was enjoying his first season of running behind the Shields/Roaf/Waters bunch. He had already spent one season with the Waters/Shields tandem, and also did quite well.

I believe that Priest was just about to enter an offseason that included his contract negotiations with the Chiefs. (Winter of '03) In which, he did not hold-out. He made it to all of his mandatory practices, minicamps, training camp, and preseason games, while attempting to get a pay-raise.

There is so much contradiction from people on this subject it's comical. Someone wil say "he doesn't even try", then in the next post they will say "well nobody could do anything behind this line". Then it's "he won't run to the outside", next post " he got a great block that's why he had that long run outside".

That is the nature of the beast. Usually, it's the reverse angle of that that gets spread all over the place. Who gets the MVP award each season? Qb, rb, wr, right? When was the last time an offensive lineman recieved an MVP award?

If I make the case that he isn't trying, it's because he saw the sideline approaching, and never pushed forward. He has been copping an attitude about running to the outside, for his entire NFL career. I think he has been better about it this season though.

He's not Barry Sanders by any means but he waits for his blocks and when they are not there, there's nowhere to go! Damn, if all the fans in KC are on his *** like most here, I am not sure why he resigned!!! Did anyone see his numbers last year?????? I know I know. It was because of the O line Right?????

If you are gonna point out his numbers from last year, shouldn't you also take a look at his numbers from this year?

I know that you have read my opinions regarding this offensive line, and that I don't hold LJ to a very high standard behind them.

But, how can you blame the poor offensive line (almost exclusively) for LJs poor numbers, and downplay the great offensive line, in regards to LJs great numbers of past years?

Does anyone think Tom Brady would be any good if he didn't have the best O line in football??? All playmakers count on help from the line, so for people to say this guys doesn't try and was only a good RB because of his line is pathetic!!! And for everyone who keeps saying look what Priest did.... he had that same awesome line remember.

Yes, I think that Tom Brady would play pretty poorly behind our current offensive line.

And, I think Larry Johnson is a better runner, behind a great offensive line, than Priest is. (Notice I said runner?) But with a poor offensive line, LJ is a much lesser runner, and LJs lack of effort makes Priest a better runningback, behind any offensive line.

Granted, he is not a young guy now, but I still feel like he is the better football player.

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I am not happy that anyone gets sidelined due to injury, despite how I feel about them personally.

McLovin
11-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Are ya still happy?

chief31
11-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Are ya still happy?

Coming from a guy who was screaming for Croyle, I thought you might be happy to see Kolby getting more playing time. LJ was as ineffective as Huard, why not bring in the young guy?

(Not an insenuation that you would be happy about LJs injury)

McLovin
11-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I dont even know what to root for right now. It feels like someone I know died. I am ready to cry, I am angry, I want to give up (on the season). I am happy that we can find out about Smith, I am losing hope, I am frustrated. I am scared. you name it other then being happy, if it is a bad thing I am prolly feeling it.

I am usually a very positive person (glass half full) but I am noticing that with this season there is only a sip left the glass is far below half full, I would even doubt it is a quarter full. So far the only redeeming quality I can see is Brodie starting and D-Bo getting some time. I am even ready to bench all of the starters over 30 if there is a younger player behind them, if we are going to go 4-12 then why not do it in style. I would say what else could go wrong but with that King Karl would sign Hermie to a lifetime contract or something stupid. And at this point my fragile little psyche cant take it. Even signing Sperm to anything more then this year would make it close to impossible to keep my lunch down.

chief31
11-21-2007, 02:05 AM
I dont even know what to root for right now. It feels like someone I know died. I am ready to cry, I am angry, I want to give up (on the season). I am happy that we can find out about Smith, I am losing hope, I am frustrated. I am scared. you name it other then being happy, if it is a bad thing I am prolly feeling it.

I am usually a very positive person (glass half full) but I am noticing that with this season there is only a sip left the glass is far below half full, I would even doubt it is a quarter full. So far the only redeeming quality I can see is Brodie starting and D-Bo getting some time. I am even ready to bench all of the starters over 30 if there is a younger player behind them, if we are going to go 4-12 then why not do it in style. I would say what else could go wrong but with that King Karl would sign Hermie to a lifetime contract or something stupid. And at this point my fragile little psyche cant take it. Even signing Sperm to anything more then this year would make it close to impossible to keep my lunch down.

But it's gonna be "O.K."

Seriously, without a running game, our season is in the toilet? So then it was already in the toilet, right?

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM

I thought your replies read like you were in kind of a bad space. I know I say this a lot dude but it is what it is, and this season will eventually pass like all the rest. Don't let it get ya down.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 02:09 AM
But it's gonna be "O.K."

Seriously, without a running game, our season is in the toilet? So then it was already in the toilet, right?

Heh! :lol:

hermhater
11-21-2007, 02:15 AM

But it's gonna be "O.K."

It was never OK.

While Hermie is in charge of the offensive game plan it will NEVER be OK.

I wait for the day when Herm lets his talent perform, and quits trying to keep his job to the detriment of the team.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
It was never OK.

While Hermie is in charge of the offensive game plan it will NEVER be OK.

I wait for the day when Herm lets his talent perform, and quits trying to keep his job to the detriment of the team.]

Same here dude!

Nite Crowd!

Canada
11-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Our D is still gonna bust some heads!! Nite Chiefster

hermhater
11-21-2007, 02:22 AM

Nite Chiefster!

And Canada I am gonna bust yours now.

Get in poker.

McLovin
11-21-2007, 02:24 AM
nite chiefster, im out also. need to sleep this nightmare off.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM

Agreed, but our "O" is going to give the game away.

timsatt1
11-21-2007, 01:49 PM

well look at it this way, if we DID win our sucky division this year and went out in the first round of the playoffs, herm would have another year of security.

not saying he isnt still secure in his job...but you never know, this will be helpful in driving herm out of kansas city.

oh guess what, i was on the radio today. 1410 AM in Wichita, KS...7:30am today this station was talking about who is the turkey this year (i guess the biggest screw up or idiot of the year) and they were taking nominations. Well some ppl got in and talked about our old wichita state coach tergeon and a few other coaches got mentioned, so i call in and to my surprise, i got through!! well i mentioned Herm edwards for my nomination of biggest turkey of the year and the radio host agreed with me!! it was pretty cool.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
well look at it this way, if we DID win our sucky division this year and went out in the first round of the playoffs, herm would have another year of security.

not saying he isnt still secure in his job...but you never know, this will be helpful in driving herm out of kansas city.

oh guess what, i was on the radio today. 1410 AM in Wichita, KS...7:30am today this station was talking about who is the turkey this year (i guess the biggest screw up or idiot of the year) and they were taking nominations. Well some ppl got in and talked about our old wichita state coach tergeon and a few other coaches got mentioned, so i call in and to my surprise, i got through!! well i mentioned Herm edwards for my nomination of biggest turkey of the year and the radio host agreed with me!! it was pretty cool.

I agree with you as well.

hermhater
11-22-2007, 11:47 PM

Double rep guy. Post something else so I can give it to you twice!

:sign0098: