PDA

View Full Version : Postgame @ Chargers Find a way to win

matthewschiefs
09-20-2020, 07:59 PM
I don't think it's any secret that the Chiefs did not show up with their A game today.

You can understand the defense struggle to a small extent. You game plan for one QB and then you end up facing someone you pretty much did little prep for. But Man they have to tackle better. You are not going to hang around next week with that tackling. They are banged up a bit but COME ON GUYS.

The offensive line had very little answer for the Chargers defense for a good amount of that game. But when you have #15 you always have a shot. Mahomes found a way to win. That 3rd and 20 run just showed his will to freaking win the game. How hard is it not to root for that guy.

Hill was shut down for a good part of the game. But one thing about great players even on a day that isn't their best they find a way to impact the game. Hill did that today on the long td catch.

Coaching. I don't think Andy was at his best. That being said. As ugly as the game started it was a game that very well could have been decided early with how sloppy they started. He has a great way of keeping things together and getting things right most the time and today was another example of that.

Spaggs if I were you I would be doing everything to work on tackling this week. Point blank if they tackle like that next Monday night then they will be Embarrassed on national tv next week.

It's on to the Ravens this time in their house. This is going to be a tough game to win. But like I said earlier when you have #15 you always have a chance to win. GO CHIEFS

TopekaRoy
09-20-2020, 08:10 PM
One of the marks of a champion is that even when they are not playing well, or when they have some unlucky bad breaks, they still find a way to win. Every Super Bowl winner has a game or two like this in their season. The Chiefs found a way to win. Learn from your mistakes and focus on the next game. The next game is always the most important game of the season.

Eydugstr
09-20-2020, 09:26 PM
At some point a win is a win. I'm hoping Coach Reid looks at this game as a wakeup call and starts focusing on getting the penalties and tackling issues cleaned up. But we did WIN it, and it was an earned win. LAC showed up ready to play a game.

Game ball goes to Butker, hands down. Never seen anyone kick three consecutive, OT, 58 yard field goals just to make one stick on the scoreboard.

Coaching-wise we went into the game like we had no idea what LAC could or couldn't do, then waited to see what it was and THEN react. Tackling was horrible throughout the game. Will say that as the game went on we did make the adjustments that mattered and that's what put us into a position to win the game. The penalties really, really made this one harder than it needed to be. That must be fixed as well.

Offensively we really need to focus on our O-line and getting better blocking established.

Defensively we've got to take a long look at our CB situation. Sneed did great but we've got way too many guys banged up and it's just the second game of the season.

Chiefs4life24
09-20-2020, 11:06 PM
If it wasn't for that Sneed INT we had no shot at winning that game, that was the turning point IMO. He is always around the ball My onl;y hope is after Breshaud Breeland comes back Sneed doesn't loose very much play time. Lets not forget we get back Pennel this week on the D line and Breeland week 5.. so that will help a little bit. It could be worse we could've been hit with the injury bug as bad as the 49ers were today. If I were Veach I would spend all of my picks in next years draft on LB's CB's and Oline.

Eydugstr
09-21-2020, 05:55 AM
If it wasn't for that Sneed INT we had no shot at winning that game, that was the turning point IMO. He is always around the ball My onl;y hope is after Breshaud Breeland comes back Sneed doesn't loose very much play time. Lets not forget we get back Pennel this week on the D line and Breeland week 5.. so that will help a little bit. It could be worse we could've been hit with the injury bug as bad as the 49ers were today. If I were Veach I would spend all of my picks in next years draft on LB's CB's and Oline.

That Sneed pick was important. His INT and Hill's big catch really got things ignited on the team.

Yes SF did get slammed with the injury bug (again). Beginning to wonder if Garropolo will ever play a full season with them!

Seek
09-21-2020, 08:26 AM
We abandoned the run game. It was working great with our neen first round talent at first and then penalties and poor blocking in the passing game kept us from moving the ball. Use 25 more. less of Williams and Thompson.