PDA

View Full Version : Post game @Donkeys

matthewschiefs
10-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Make that 10 straight wins against Denver. Man that feels good to type

This was a weird blow out. For much of that game it felt like the Chiefs should be up far more then what they were. Kind of frustrating at times yet they were pulling away.

Another weird thing about this game is how little the Chiefs had the ball. Yet their lead kept getting bigger and bigger. A pick 6 and a kick return will do that. When you can score with your D and ST if you get anything at all from the offense then chances are you are going to walk out happy.

Willie Gay was a impact in that game. Had a couple of passes batted down. Nice to see that from a young guy. Hopefully for the Chiefs that is a sign of things to come.

The offense was not at their best today. They had some protection problems and you have to give Denver some credit for their coverage. I don't think they hit more then 1 or 2 passes over 10 yards today. They really didn't have to be great. And this offense seems to at times play to how the game is going. When they need to step up they tend to be able to do so. When they don't they can kind of stumble they did that a bit today. Being down a few guys like Wakins was a part of it. But work to do even in a win.

The Defense let Denver move the ball. But they didn't break much outside of that garbage time TD. They forced turnovers and put points on the ball. A pretty solid effort and when they play like that then this team is really hard to beat. IF I were to point to one concern it's the run D yet again. Still work to do there.

Next week they play a winless Jets team. This should be a W. But you can not take any NFL team lightly. They gave the Bills a touch of trouble today. Got to take them as a threat. And I trust Andy to do that. Lets get it done. And might want to have the new #26 in the gameplan. He's going to have a little extra in the tank for his former team. GO CHIEFS

Eydugstr
10-26-2020, 09:21 PM
Sorry I missed the game here but was able to watch the DVR....

Fun game to watch from a defensive standpoint. Really enjoyed watching Sorensen get the pick six. The big positive that I took away from this game is that we have a bunch of players that are trying to make HUGE plays despite maybe having a smaller role on the team. Pringle's return was awesome. CEH continues to improve with every game. Can't wait to see what Laveon Bell will add once he becomes more familiar with the playbook and Reid & Bienemy get more familiar with him.

Our pass protection left a lot to be desired, but to be fair the big strength of the Broncos is their linebackers. Outside of that, thought the donkeys didn't really live up to their offseason hype. Yes, they did a great job of capitalizing on Keizer's fumble, but it was like after that series they were done. Spags pretty much had Fangio's number throughout the game.

Chiefs4life24
10-26-2020, 11:18 PM
I think Juedy and Hamler are gonna be wasted talent in that Denver offense, those 2 WR's are to darn good and too explosive to have a guy like Lock throwing them the ball. Same thing with there TE Fant he is a very good TE but he is gonna be wasted playing with Lock. I can foresee us letting Watkins and Robinson walk after this year and Pringle and Kemp taking a bigger role next year and us maybe drafting a guy, or they could elevate Fortson from the practice Squad. It been nice not having to relie on Patrick to carry the whole load the entire game. Andy is asking him to just be special 8 or 9 times a game and asking the defense and special teams to step up and help. Great QB's are like Salt too much and you ruin the taste of the food a little bit goes a long way.