PDA

View Full Version : Post game Vs Panthers

matthewschiefs
11-08-2020, 04:29 PM
A win is a win. But the Chiefs will have things to work on during the week off.

The offense was what we know them to be. Pretty good considering that for a very good chunk of the game Mahomes and Hill just were a tad off. But when it was go time they were able to get it all together and get a couple of TDs that were much much needed. Kelce continues to have another great season. He was the one player on offense that I think was damn good from start to finish.

The Defense continues the trend of playing down to struggling teams. They are going to have to get that fixed. You just can't expect it not to come back and bite you in the rear.

On a good note on that side of the ball I am becoming more and more of a Willie Gay fan. Dude just keeps showing up during games. And did on a couple of plays today.

I have to give a tip of the hat to Teddy Bridgwater. The 3rd and 14 play is what sports are all about. WILL. He willed his way to getting that first down. It was kind of annoying in the moment but man things like that are really really fun to watch.

If I am going to be giving QBs props time for me to give Mahomes some as well. He is playing at a 2018 level again. That is a great sign

Next week they have off. Then another game against the Raiders. The first match up was their super bowl. Andy Reid coming off a bye is pretty good. Yet alone all the smack they talked after the first game. I think this game will be a much different game. These guys are going to have a little extra in 2 weeks. Until then GO CHIEFS

Eydugstr
11-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Sorry this posting is late...Finally got to watch the full recording...Glad we won, but hat's off to Carolina for showing up ready to play a game. Chiefs are 8-1 going into a bye week but man do we have some things to work out and get some depth problems taken care of.

Offensively thought the main weapon we had that they didn't have an answer for was Travis Kelce. Mahomes continues to be fantastic but imagine how the game would've turned had he done a better job of connecting with Tyreek Hill. D-rob's TD was great. CEH is doing great right now, what's this kid going to look like after a full offseason program? Would like to see Laveon Bell have a little bit more success in this offense but it seems like opposing teams are very determined to stop him quick.

Defensively Chris Jones is the main consistent threat that we have. It's a shame that Taco Charlton went down because it seemed to me that he was on the verge of getting more accomplished with KC. We didn't seem to account much for Christian McCaffrey in the D-'s game plan other than stick Mathieu on him. We also didn't do a great job of putting consistent pressure on Teddy Bridgewater, and he took advantage of that. McCaffrey is their main threat, the focus should've been on shutting him down outright.

We did rally back and put them in a situation where they were a long, windy field goal from winning it, and it worked.