PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Vs Dolphins AFC WEST WON!

matthewschiefs
12-13-2020, 04:35 PM
For the 5th year in a row the Chiefs have won the AFC west

Another game that wasn't really as close as the score at the end will show. In some ways I think that it's just this team getting board. They have made a few games look like a blowout only to have to hold on at the end. They clearly have a switch that they can turn off and on. They have to learn not to turn that switch off. It's going to cost them.

Mahomes in some ways was his outstanding self. In others this was the worst game that he has played. You don't see him throw very many INTs. Having 3 in one game isn't going to happen often and he's going to have somethings to learn from watching the tape of this game. The worst play was IMO the sack where he lost 30 yards. I get it he has made so many plays extending plays. But a little better judgement of sometimes it's just not going to happen and that was one of those plays. Some things for him to learn from today. But always better to learn from a W then a L

Man as a Chiefs fan I never thought I would see anything Close to Tony. But man Kelce might be even better. He is just doing amazing things. We have been a little spoiled in watching TE play over the years haven't we?

The defense yet another week where at times they are great. Then at other times they are about 2018 defense. They were a big reason why we got up 30-10 they were shutting down the Dolphins. Got the big safety got some sacks. Then after they get the lead they start playing soft time and time again we have seen this. At this point I have to put some of the blame on the coaching. You can't let up and next week they are playing the Saints who might have a fresh Drew Brees back. That's going to be a major challenge.

Next weeks game is the biggest challenge left. Still that 1 seed to play for. Lets get the job done. And for the rest of the night GO BILLS! GO CHIEFS

Eydugstr
12-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Congrats to the 2020 Chiefs for repeating as AFC WEST CHAMPIONS !!!!

Definitely agree about the "switch". There's too many teams right now that's in Miami's shoes - wanting to make the playoffs, in a tight division, trying to give their fanbase some hope for a title - to even think of letting off the pedal right now will make for a very cold playoffs.

Overall thought the D did really well for a majority of the game. We were able to keep Miami in check and give the offense time to score 28 unanswered points, and add a safety on top of that. During Mathieu's postgame interview, he expressed a little disappointment that the D let them get back as many points as they did. Miami did a good job of extending plays with their ground game. We need to do a better job of getting RB's down quicker, getting into better positions to make stops instead of watching them stretch it out three or four more yards. This being said, we've got two LB's (Danna and Gay) that have been really improving and this game shows it.

Offensively think that Kelce has really been unstoppable by other teams. As was Hill. Our ground game needs some work but Bell is getting a lot better with Reid's offense, and CEH did a lot with the opportunities he had. Watkins had some really good catches as well. How I wish Sherman had caught that pass...

Mahomes had an "off" game, but look at it this way...an "off" game for Mahomes is 33 points, 393 yards. The interceptions are a concern from the standpoint of, did Miami's D uncover something that could be used by other teams? Yes the 30 yard sack was painful to watch, but I'm not sure anybody could coach Mahomes into giving up on a play. It's just not in his nature. Yeah, Miami got an NFL record sack, but they had to chase the man 30 yards to do it, and still lost the game.

Looking forward to the Saints.

matthewschiefs
12-15-2020, 05:42 PM
Congrats to the 2020 Chiefs for repeating as AFC WEST CHAMPIONS !!!!

Definitely agree about the "switch". There's too many teams right now that's in Miami's shoes - wanting to make the playoffs, in a tight division, trying to give their fanbase some hope for a title - to even think of letting off the pedal right now will make for a very cold playoffs.

Overall thought the D did really well for a majority of the game. We were able to keep Miami in check and give the offense time to score 28 unanswered points, and add a safety on top of that. During Mathieu's postgame interview, he expressed a little disappointment that the D let them get back as many points as they did. Miami did a good job of extending plays with their ground game. We need to do a better job of getting RB's down quicker, getting into better positions to make stops instead of watching them stretch it out three or four more yards. This being said, we've got two LB's (Danna and Gay) that have been really improving and this game shows it.

Offensively think that Kelce has really been unstoppable by other teams. As was Hill. Our ground game needs some work but Bell is getting a lot better with Reid's offense, and CEH did a lot with the opportunities he had. Watkins had some really good catches as well. How I wish Sherman had caught that pass...

Mahomes had an "off" game, but look at it this way...an "off" game for Mahomes is 33 points, 393 yards. The interceptions are a concern from the standpoint of, did Miami's D uncover something that could be used by other teams? Yes the 30 yard sack was painful to watch, but I'm not sure anybody could coach Mahomes into giving up on a play. It's just not in his nature. Yeah, Miami got an NFL record sack, but they had to chase the man 30 yards to do it, and still lost the game.

Looking forward to the Saints.

That's part of it to.

Simply put we have faced a number of teams that simply have had more to play for. It happens in sports sometimes. That along with being the Champs you get everyone's best shot are part of the reason. But they have to figure out how to stop having these dips in the middle of games.

Chiefs4life24
12-15-2020, 10:30 PM
They play like they are bored at times, But magically they have another gear that they can activate at anytime that makes them unstoppable. I just wish they would use that gear for the full 4 quarters of the game every game on all three sides of the ball. If they did we would be blowing teams out in the 50's every game.

Eydugstr
12-15-2020, 11:00 PM
They play like they are bored at times, But magically they have another gear that they can activate at anytime that makes them unstoppable. I just wish they would use that gear for the full 4 quarters of the game every game on all three sides of the ball. If they did we would be blowing teams out in the 50's every game.

THIS. We can't always count on a magic gear to get it done.

Eydugstr
12-16-2020, 10:06 AM
That's part of it to.

Simply put we have faced a number of teams that simply have had more to play for. It happens in sports sometimes. That along with being the Champs you get everyone's best shot are part of the reason. But they have to figure out how to stop having these dips in the middle of games.

Agreed. We're in a really good position right now, and we can't let being inconsistent ruin a three game stretch to cap off a really oddball season. It's astounding to think we're 12-1 right now and STILL have a shot at losing the #1 seed.

Chiefs4life24
12-17-2020, 10:23 PM
Agreed. We're in a really good position right now, and we can't let being inconsistent ruin a three game stretch to cap off a really oddball season. It's astounding to think we're 12-1 right now and STILL have a shot at losing the #1 seed.

Actually according to an article I read on KCKingdom.com it states that the Chiefs can still win the #1 seed even by going 2 - 1 in the final 3 games as long as that 1 lose isn't the the Chargers in the Final game of the Season. If the Playoffs started today the Chiefs would have the Number #1 seed and the Match ups would be.

Steelers Vs. Dolphins

Bills Vs. Colts

Titans Vs. Browns

https://kckingdom.com/2020/12/15/afc-worst-nightmare-comes-true-kc-chiefs-vault-no-1-seed/

Eydugstr
12-18-2020, 08:22 PM
Actually according to an article I read on KCKingdom.com it states that the Chiefs can still win the #1 seed even by going 2 - 1 in the final 3 games as long as that 1 lose isn't the the Chargers in the Final game of the Season. If the Playoffs started today the Chiefs would have the Number #1 seed and the Match ups would be.

Steelers Vs. Dolphins

Bills Vs. Colts

Titans Vs. Browns

https://kckingdom.com/2020/12/15/afc-worst-nightmare-comes-true-kc-chiefs-vault-no-1-seed/

TY for posting this C4L. Haven't checked the Steeler's scorecard but I'm assuming that the reason why we need to beat the Chargers is because we'd have the edge of AFC opponent wins if we do.