PDA

View Full Version : Five things Chiefs fans can be thankful for

hermhater
11-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Halfway through the NFL season, and with the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, it's fitting to focus on what Kansas City Chiefs fans have to be thankful for this year. But no matter which team you support, here's hoping that all the readers of RealFootball365.com have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.
One final glimpse of Priest Holmes
His improbable comeback only lasted a month, but just seeing No. 31 back on the field was both a treat and an inspiration for fans. While he didn't have the same breakaway speed he once had in his prime, many of Holmes' other traits - the vision, the elusiveness - showed no ill-effects from his two years away from football.
Although he never got the opportunity to display his signature arms-extended touchdown glide, Holmes did score a two-point conversion against the Green Bay Packers, leaping over the pile and into the end zone in classic "Air Priest" fashion.
Dwayne Bowe
Just 10 games into his first NFL season, it's become clear that the wide receiver from LSU is the sort of game-changing, big-play threat Kansas City has lacked for many years. Bowe is not only on pace for a 1,000-yard season as a rookie, he's well on his way to shattering every franchise record for first-year receivers.
With 11 more catches, two more touchdowns and just over 120 more yards, he'll put his name in the books as the best rookie pass catcher in Chiefs history - a list that includes names like Otis Taylor, Tony Gonzalez and Joe Horn, among others.
Jared Allen
Still disrupting opposing offenses, Kansas City's defensive end entered Week 12 tied for the league lead in sacks despite his two-game suspension to open the season. Even though he didn't register a sack on Peyton Manning in the Chiefs' 13-10 loss to the Indianapolis Colts a week ago, Allen played one of the best games of his career and was a primary reason that Manning only completed 50 percent of his passes for a mere 163 yards.
Allen, who will be a free agent when the season ends, has cleaned up his act off the field and is sure to receive the long-term contract with the Chiefs he's been looking for.
Brodie Croyle
Kansas City's first homegrown starter in 20 years, Croyle nearly did the unthinkable by engineering a road win over the Super Bowl champions in his first NFL start. Ultimately, the Colts pulled out the win with a last-second field goal, but Croyle's numbers on the day - 169 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions - gave him a passer rating over 45 points higher than Manning's.
"Niiiine times"
In a well-known scene from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," high school principal Ed Rooney delivers that classic phrase as he informs Ferris' mother of how much school her son has missed. Today, the phrase could also apply to Kansas City's streak of victories over its rival in Oakland, which stretched to nine with a win in Week 7.
On Sunday, the Chiefs can reach an unprecedented double-digit winning streak over the Raiders with a victory at home in Arrowhead. But it won't come easy - with a rookie starting at running back and a QB making just his second start, this will unquestionably be the most difficult game in this series for Kansas City since 2002.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20310.html

Chiefster
11-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Five things Chiefs fans can be thankful for

...The fact that there's only six more weeks left in the season???

hermhater
11-24-2007, 02:58 AM
...The fact that there's only six more weeks left in the season???

Surely ylou mock me?

You want the season to be over?

:sign0153:

McLovin
11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Surely ylou mock me?

In many ways I want this nightmare to end, but I also am not ready to see the superbowl, because that means another off season to miss football, I don't like watching the Chiefs struggle, but I don't like not being able to watch them. I am so conflicted.

Canada
11-24-2007, 01:00 PM
In many ways I want this nightmare to end, but I also am not ready to see the superbowl, because that means another off season to miss football, I don't like watching the Chiefs struggle, but I don't like not being able to watch them. I am so conflicted.

You could watch the cowgirls with Timsatt1??

rbedgood
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
You could watch the cowgirls with Other jacka$$??

FYP...

Chiefster
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Surely ylou mock me?

...And I want Herm gone!

greg3564
11-29-2007, 11:58 PM
...And I want Herm gone!

The only way that will happen is if Peterson is fired with Herm because we all know how in love Carl is with Herm. I would not have a problem with both of them being sent somewhere else. This team needs a leadership change from the top down. The only coaches that should be spared are the Defense coaches.

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey, you guys can be thankful that your franchised didn't blow chunks 8 friggin' games in a ROW....

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 12:26 AM
The only way that will happen is if Peterson is fired with Herm because we all know how in love Carl is with Herm. I would not have a problem with both of them being sent somewhere else. This team needs a leadership change from the top down. The only coaches that should be spared are the Defense coaches.

Hey, you guys can be thankful that your franchised didn't blow chunks 8 friggin' games in a ROW....

Agreed on both accounts!

McLovin
11-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Yet, you underestimate Hermie.

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Yet, you underestimate Hermie.

Hopefully for your sake I'll be able to make that statement again at the end of the season. Although it sounds like a few here would like to see an 8 gamer as they think that'll get Herm and/or Carl canned.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Hopefully for your sake I'll be able to make that statement again at the end of the season. Although it sounds like a few here would like to see an 8 gamer as they think that'll get Herm and/or Carl canned.

Only if it results in a significant drop in ticket sales.

hermhater
11-30-2007, 03:59 AM

You think that will make a difference in SF?

It wouldn't here.

We stick with losers for about 20 years or so.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
You think that will make a difference in SF?

It wouldn't here.

We stick with losers for about 20 years or so.

With all due respect to the late, great Lamar Hunt, I fear that his son, Clark, is following a little too nicely in his fathers footsteps in this regard.

hermhater
12-01-2007, 03:42 AM
With all due respect to the late, great Lamar Hunt, I fear that his son, Clark, is following a little too nicely in his fathers footsteps in this regard.

Translation: Chiefster doesn't want to hurt anyones feelings, but Clark needs to sever ties...

wolfpack
12-01-2007, 08:10 AM
this season reminds ,me of the mid 80`s. finally Lamar booted Steadman out of gm and hired carl. who hired marty. at the time it seemed great,and it was. the trouble now is carl is like a mother-in-law that came for a visit and hasn`t left.