PDA

View Full Version : I like to watch the Cowboys play

timsatt1
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I admit it. I always have been a Chiefs fan. If I would describe who the Chiefs are....I would say the actual "chiefs" are more the community aka fans that haev always supported the Chiefs. I would say it is less the current coaching staff. yes it is the players, but i dont have any problem with the current chiefs players.

but do i love to watch the chiefs play right now? NO! why? because they are losing? NO! because their games end in scores like 9-3 or 13-10? YES!!! and i am no longer going to lie to myself that I enjoy watching the Chiefs under this coaching administration more than I like watching a Cowboys game, and I'll even add Packers to that. I enjoy watching both of those teams play. They provide lots of entertainment.

So, YES, I am saying this, until the end of the Herm era, I am going to look forward to Sunday not to see the Chiefs beat or lose to somebody 6-3....but instead watch the packers or cowboys play some exciting offense.

,,,,until the end of herm. cheers.

i am more of a fan of the game and good football than I am a team.

i am not going to pretend anymore to enjoy watching bad football. and if you dont know what bad football is...you havent been watching the Chiefs play this year.

again...i put all the blame on this moron of a coach. not the players. maybe i am too honest for this board. but at least i am honest.

hermhater
11-24-2007, 02:28 AM
I admit it. I always have been a Chiefs fan. If I would describe who the Chiefs are....I would say the actual "chiefs" are more the community aka fans that haev always supported the Chiefs. I would say it is less the current coaching staff. yes it is the players, but i dont have any problem with the current chiefs players.

I have always been a Chiefs fan too.

If it is the players, and less the coaching staff, why do you then say you don't have any problem with current chiefs players?

but do i love to watch the chiefs play right now? NO! why? because they are losing? NO! because their games end in scores like 9-3 or 13-10? YES!!! and i am no longer going to lie to myself that I enjoy watching the Chiefs under this coaching administration more than I like watching a Cowboys game, and I'll even add Packers to that. I enjoy watching both of those teams play. They provide lots of entertainment.

I like the Packers and hate the Cowboys.

I like watching their games too. I think an impressive offensive team is MUCH more entertaining than an impressive defensive team.

Attack at will.

So, YES, I am saying this, until the end of the Herm era, I am going to look forward to Sunday not to see the Chiefs beat or lose to somebody 6-3....but instead watch the packers or cowboys play some exciting offense.

,,,,until the end of herm. cheers.

Cheers to you! The end of HERM!!! :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

i am more of a fan of the game and good football than I am a team.

Really? I never would have realized that from your posts? :lol:

i am not going to pretend anymore to enjoy watching bad football. and if you dont know what bad football is...you havent been watching the Chiefs play this year.

I have never seen you pretend to enjoy watching bad football.

I do know that we are all watching bad football play calling by our coaches.

again...i put all the blame on this moron of a coach. not the players. maybe i am too honest for this board. but at least i am honest.

Moran of a coach!!!!

:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
11-24-2007, 10:17 AM
you misunderstood what i was saying...

...i wasnt saying the PLAYERS were the problem with the team.

i was saying...when i think of who the chiefs actually are....their identity will always be who played on the team...and their hardcore fans.

their identity is moreso derrick thomas and neil smith and jared allen...

...and not so much marty shottenhimer and herman edwards.

i dont think im explaining this right...oh well...i know what i mean :)

Canada
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not misunderstanding what you are saying. I bleed RED and Gold. I don't care what the final score of a game is. You know what made me watch last weened agains the Colts....the Chiefs had a chance to win, who cares about the final score. I am a fan of football, defensive and offensive. There will be another game at 4 and another one at 8 and one Monday night and then again on Thurs, so I will get my fill of football but the best game of the week EVERY week in the Chiefs and if you feel like watching someone else then by all means hop on that bandwagon. Don't forget the Pats are 10-0, but I will tell you that I will stand by my team all season every season until the day I die and when we win the Super Bowl, I might get a little more enjoyment out of it than you.

timsatt1
11-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not misunderstanding what you are saying. I bleed RED and Gold. I don't care what the final score of a game is. You know what made me watch last weened agains the Colts....the Chiefs had a chance to win, who cares about the final score. I am a fan of football, defensive and offensive. There will be another game at 4 and another one at 8 and one Monday night and then again on Thurs, so I will get my fill of football but the best game of the week EVERY week in the Chiefs and if you feel like watching someone else then by all means hop on that bandwagon. Don't forget the Pats are 10-0, but I will tell you that I will stand by my team all season every season until the day I die and when we win the Super Bowl, I might get a little more enjoyment out of it than you.

true. exactly. dont get me wrong. im not leavin the chiefs.

it is cool if you can withstand this terrible coaching and still get excited about a chiefs game coming up that is being coached by herman edwards!!!!

i was just saying that I CANT. I was lying to myself that I could and i quit lying to myself and i was actually happier BEFORE watching a chiefs game than AFTER THE GAME. so i figured...why is this? if i love the chiefs. then why was i better off BEFORE the game even started? then i realized...wow, i am lying to myself that I actually like watching this team while being coached under a man named Herman "it is wrong to entertain the fans" Edwards.

again, it is cool that you can be such a hardcore fan.

i am more of a business man and plan on bringing the demand for this herman coached team down in order to get this moron out of my city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
11-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I would love to see Herm out, but I only get to see 16 Chiefs games a year and for those three hours every Sunday there is nothin else going on. Sometimes it is frustrating, sometimes it is great but either way, I will be watching until the last second ticks off the clock.

hermhater
11-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I would love to see Herm out, but I only get to see 16 Chiefs games a year and for those three hours every Sunday there is nothin else going on. Sometimes it is frustrating, sometimes it is great but either way, I will be watching until the last second ticks off the clock.

You just summed it all up for me brother!

:sign0098:

tornadospotter
11-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Good post. I am not going to lie and say I like the low scoring games. But I will say that during the DV era, I missed the dominate defense, that the Chiefs have always been know for. So I am stoked about the return and rebuilding of our defense. Yes I would like the offense to score more and I liked the excitement of a high scoring game. My favorites are the Chiefs 30 plus, opponents 10 or less.

tornadospotter
11-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Now as to the title of this thread. I also like to see the cowbells play. I really like it when they get stomped, big time! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol: :lol:

IlovetheChiefs
11-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, I also like to watch the Cowboys LOSE. And I still well remember in 1975, when I first started following football and became a Chiefs fan, when KC came to Dallas on Monday Night Football and beat them 34-31 (with Ed Podolak having a great night!). {We also beat the 11-3 John Madden coached Raiders 42-10 at Arrowhead that year!}

And Dallas may have a good offense, but what a boring game to watch against the Jets on Thanksgiving. I think the Chiefs-Colts, despite the low 13-10 score, was a much more exciting game than the 34-3 Cowboys-Jets in which the Jets even handed off on 3rd and longs (as if to say, "We're not good enough to even try to throw for a first down against you guys.")

Of course in any case, I'd still much rather watch a Chiefs game (no matter what their record or quality of play) than any other team.

By the way, anyone else here own a Chiefs watch? :)

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-24-2007, 05:51 PM
THATS FUNNY CAUSE I SAY MY SECOND FAV TEAM IS WHO EVER PLAYS THE DALLAS COWGIRLS.:yahoo:

chief31
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
YUCK!!! Cowboys.

I am a football fan, as well as a Chiefs fan. I enjoy watching other teams play alot. I hold nothing against a Chiefs fan, for enjoying another team play. Even if that team is the Cowboys. :D (Clearly, some biased exists in my opinions of certain other teams.)

Anyway, I don't have a big problem watching the Chiefs play poorly on offense, if they win. Rather it is 3-0, or 6-3, I do have some problems with it, but I prefer to win small, than to lose big.

Having said that, I agree that the Chiefs (as a team) are playing poorly, and are not very entertaining. But, I am still gonna watch, and be happy if they win.

And, I will watch other teams play too. But, Cowboys? YUCK!!! :D

wolfpack
11-25-2007, 11:20 AM
cowboys? isnt that the sister of the faiders? oh well,enjoy your cowgirls. the do have sexy cheerleaders.

McLovin
11-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I personally am not a cowgirls fan, (although I was a little torn wanting to root for them during the Aikman years, but with all the jail time couldnt) I am however a Romo fan, I like this kid. I think he plays with the enthusiasm that all NFL players should have. This is a business blah blah blah I know but it should be fun.

I was a TO supporter when he got to the cowgirls, and in return cant stand Andy Reid, I think he handled the situation very poorly, but now that I have watched TO some think he isn't of the caliber he was suppose to be. He drops far too many balls. He is an average to slightly above average player who is outspoken and therefore highly visible making him look like one of the greats, IMO. He has made some great plays and catches but he has far far to many drops.

I am a Brett Favre fan for the same reason I am a Romo fan. And this year Jared Allen seems to be going that direction. They just love to play the game.

timsatt1
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I personally am not a cowgirls fan, (although I was a little torn wanting to root for them during the Aikman years, but with all the jail time couldnt) I am however a Romo fan, I like this kid. I think he plays with the enthusiasm that all NFL players should have. This is a business blah blah blah I know but it should be fun.

I was a TO supporter when he got to the cowgirls, and in return cant stand Andy Reid, I think he handled the situation very poorly, but now that I have watched TO some think he isn't of the caliber he was suppose to be. He drops far too many balls. He is an average to slightly above average player who is outspoken and therefore highly visible making him look like one of the greats, IMO. He has made some great plays and catches but he has far far to many drops.

I am a Brett Favre fan for the same reason I am a Romo fan. And this year Jared Allen seems to be going that direction. They just love to play the game.

i am a TO fan as well. He is fun to watch. Extremely athletic and tall. I like to see his passion and even some of his off the field antics...as long as he isnt truly bad mouthing teammates.

greg3564
11-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Cowboys..."America's Team." Blah!!!! Do you know how fricken hard it is to be a diehard Chiefs fan living in Austin, Texas? Pretty damn hard! If I didn't have Directv Sunday Ticket, I think I'd kill myself from a overdose of Cowboys football. All you ever hear about is Cowboys this and Cowboys that. It's enough to make me want to vomit. :mob:

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:35 AM
...Can't stand Dallas!

hermhater
11-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Cowboys..."America's Team." Blah!!!! Do you know how fricken hard it is to be a diehard Chiefs fan living in Austin, Texas? Pretty damn hard! If I didn't have Directv Sunday Ticket, I think I'd kill myself from a overdose of Cowboys football. All you ever hear about is Cowboys this and Cowboys that. It's enough to make me want to vomit. :mob:.

I feel for you bud!

Living in Texas has to be hard enough, and then to go and throw the Cowboys in the mix?

BOOOOO!!!!

:lol:

rbedgood
11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
THATS FUNNY CAUSE I SAY MY SECOND FAV TEAM IS WHO EVER PLAYS THE DALLAS COWGIRLS.:yahoo:

Ah yes...and on this we completely AGREE

oh...and rep added.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 01:49 PM
YUCK!!! Cowboys.

I am a football fan, as well as a Chiefs fan. I enjoy watching other teams play alot. I hold nothing against a Chiefs fan, for enjoying another team play. Even if that team is the Cowboys. :D (Clearly, some biased exists in my opinions of certain other teams.)

Anyway, I don't have a big problem watching the Chiefs play poorly on offense, if they win. Rather it is 3-0, or 6-3, I do have some problems with it, but I prefer to win small, than to lose big.

Having said that, I agree that the Chiefs (as a team) are playing poorly, and are not very entertaining. But, I am still gonna watch, and be happy if they win.

And, I will watch other teams play too. But, Cowboys? YUCK!!! :D

Agree whole heartedly, Yoda does! :D

Canada
11-26-2007, 04:31 PM
i am a TO fan as well. He is fun to watch. Extremely athletic and tall. I like to see his passion and even some of his off the field antics...as long as he isnt truly bad mouthing teammates.

That dosen't start until they start losing...or winning in spite of him. TO is a cancer and will eventually be the downfall of whatever team he plays for. San Francisco, Philly, Dallas will only be a matter of time.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:21 AM
That dosen't start until they start losing...or winning in spite of him. TO is a cancer and will eventually be the downfall of whatever team he plays for. San Francisco, Philly, Dallas will only be a matter of time.

Agreed; I'm glad the Chiefs don't have him; we have enough problems.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:38 AM

You are wrong!!!

Agreed; I'm glad the Chiefs don't have him; we have enough problems.

And you are wrong!!!

TO is a phenomenal athlete that actually has a brain.

He might use it for something other than football quite often, but you always want T.O. on your team.

That is alll.

anaeelbackwards
11-27-2007, 02:50 AM
T.O makes the game interesting.

i like him.

Guru
11-27-2007, 02:57 AM
I like to watch good football too. I still watch the Chiefs though. That will never change.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:15 PM
You are wrong!!!

And you are wrong!!!

TO is a phenomenal athlete that actually has a brain.

He might use it for something other than football quite often, but you always want T.O. on your team.

That is alll.

You are way wrong. We don't need anyone who brings down any further the moral of the team. TO has done that with every single organization he has ever been affiliated with. Besides whe have DeBo! :D

Oh, that is all.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
T.O makes the game interesting.

i like him.

He makes the game interesting while bringing down the team he is supposed to be playing for.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
You are way wrong. We don't need anyone who brings down any further the moral of the team. TO has done that with every single organization he has ever been affiliated with. Besides whe have DeBo! :D

Oh, that is all.

But he has been right every time! He finally got a coach and QB that listens to him, and now look how he acts?

You're right though, we got DBo and I would much rather have him!

:yahoo:

Canada
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
But he has been right every time! He finally got a coach and QB that listens to him, and now look how he acts?

He was not right in SF and he was not right in PHI. There are 11 guys on a team, not 10+TO

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
He was not right in SF and he was not right in PHI. There are 11 guys on a team, not 10+TO

How was he not right?

After he left, how have those teams done?

I guess he was wrong about Garcia being gay. He married a Playboy Playmate!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Agreed on both accounts!

Less filling! :D

Canada
11-27-2007, 01:22 PM
How was he not right?

After he left, how have those teams done?

How were they before he showed up?? SF actually won some Super Bowls, PHI went to 3 straight SB's before he showed up. Where is his major impact??

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
How were they before he showed up?? SF actually won some Super Bowls, PHI went to 3 straight SB's before he showed up. Where is his major impact??

In 2000, the 49ers only managed to win six games. However, Owens had a record-breaking day on December 17 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_17), 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000) with 20 catches for 283 yards versus the Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bears). This single-game reception total surpassed the 50-year-old mark held by Tom Fears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Fears).

That is a pretty big impact I would say!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
That is a pretty big impact I would say!

That is the one good thing that you found. That is the big draw of having TO, he had a good day 7 years ago??

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
That is the one good thing that you found. That is the big draw of having TO, he had a good day 7 years ago??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Owens

Here is the entire article from Wikipedia. I know they are not the most reliable source, but I will wager that the stuff on that page is true.

Don't feel like researching it all.

The guy is one of the best receivers of all time.

When you have one of those you use them.

I sure hope DBo gets on Herm next year if the offense continues like this.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Heh! He didn't help the Raiders any.

Canada
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Here is the entire article from Wikipedia. I know they are not the most reliable source, but I will wager that the stuff on that page is true.

HA!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

Heinz Ward
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss
Wes Welker
D Bowe

just to name a few avtive players I would take over TO. The guy is more hassel than he is worth. Remember how rosey everything was in Philly when they were winning. then the wheels come off brother. It will happen in Dallass too.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Heh! He didn't help the Raiders any.

:sign0153:

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
:sign0153:

:lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking of Moss. Ooops! Showing my ignorance is one of the few things I do best.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
HA!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

Heinz Ward - Career TDs 62 (in 150 games)
Marvin Harrison - Career TDs 123 (in 178 games)
Randy Moss - Career TDs 117 (in 149 games)
Wes Welker - Career TDs 8 (in 56 games)
D Bowe - Career TDs 4 (in 11 games)

just to name a few avtive players I would take over TO. The guy is more hassel than he is worth. Remember how rosey everything was in Philly when they were winning. then the wheels come off brother. It will happen in Dallass too.

Terrell Owens - 127 Career TDs (in 169 games)

I'd say that puts him right up there with the best! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:05 PM

I was thinking of Moss. Ooops! Showing my ignorance is one of the few things I do best.

You can't really blame Moss for not trying in Oakland can you?

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:07 PM

No, not really; in fact I'm quite glad he didn't. :lol:

Canada
11-27-2007, 02:08 PM

It's a good this isn't a sport where team chemistry is an issue. How many of those TD's have won his team a superbowl?? Too bad you don't have a stat for downfield blocks. I am not saying the guy is not a good player, but he is a cancer to a football team and his downside far outweighs his upside.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:10 PM
It's a good this isn't a sport where team chemistry is an issue. How many of those TD's have won his team a superbowl?? Too bad you don't have a stat for downfield blocks. I am not saying the guy is not a good player, but he is a cancer to a football team and his downside far outweighs his upside.

Again, I find myself in total agreement.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:12 PM

His chemistry is working out pretty good in Dallas since they are throwing him the ball.

I think he was right about everything he has said to the media about his fellow players (except the insinuation that Garcia is gay).

Those teams treated him like crap, and he was nice enough to call them out on it.

When you have one of the top 10 players in the league and don't use him enough, that is just plain stupid.

Herm is doing the same thing with DBo and TG. I wish one of them would call Herm out about it.

Herm is getting away with murder!!!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Again, I find myself in total agreement.

So would you have DBo and TG just sit idly by as the team goes down the drain?

You don't think they need to call out the Coach?

I think they might have called out Huard in the Locker room because something changed Herm's mind.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
His chemistry is working out pretty good in Dallas since they are throwing him the ball.

I think he was right about everything he has said to the media about his fellow players (except the insinuation that Garcia is gay).

Those teams treated him like crap, and he was nice enough to call them out on it.

When you have one of the top 10 players in the league and don't use him enough, that is just plain stupid.

Herm is doing the same thing with DBo and TG. I wish one of them would call Herm out about it.

Herm is getting away with murder!!!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

...Now it is, but soon the "honeymoon" will be over and he will be the same old TO.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
...Now it is, but soon the "honeymoon" will be over and he will be the same old TO.

Well if they stop throwing the ball to him (I doubt they will, Wade Phillips seems to know how to use the guy) I would expect him to complain.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Well if they stop throwing the ball to him (I doubt they will, Wade Phillips seems to know how to use the guy) I would expect him to complain.

He's a ball hog. :lol:
j/k

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
He's a ball hog. :lol:
j/k

So is DBo!

Just ask TG!

DBo stole a TD from him in the endzone.

What game was that?

I thought it was the Chargers, but can't find the picture...

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:28 PM
So is DBo!

Just ask TG!

What game was that?

...But, but, but DeBo is a Chief!!! :lol:

Good point. :D

Canada
11-27-2007, 03:23 PM

I think they might have called out Huard in the Locker room because something changed Herm's mind.

In front of a noational audience?? Absolutely not. I think that is absolutely assinine. You have a problem, keep it in house. Why do you think that there is a media circus around TO all the time...cause he is bound to say something stupid sooner or later!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
11-27-2007, 03:27 PM

In front of a noational audience?? Absolutely not. I think that is absolutely assinine. You have a problem, keep it in house. Why do you think that there is a media circus around TO all the time...cause he is bound to say something stupid sooner or later!! :bananen_smilies046:

TG did it a few weeks ago. This week when asked the same question he said he feels the same as he did last week.

So now you think TG is as bad as TO?

YouTube - Tony Gonzales holds his temper discussing Chiefs coaching.

I always think players should tell it like it is, as well as coaches.

Canada
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
TG did it a few weeks ago. This week when asked the same question he said he feels the same as he did last week.

YouTube - Tony Gonzales holds his temper discussing Chiefs coaching. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgU6oHMkNU)

Are you comparing this to TO losing his mind on the offensive coordinator on the sidelines during a game, or repeatedly getting in his QB's face when it was completely obvious to everyone that it was not the right time. Big difference man.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Are you comparing this to TO losing his mind on the offensive coordinator on the sidelines during a game, or repeatedly getting in his QB's face when it was completely obvious to everyone that it was not the right time. Big difference man.

I agree with you there bud. During the game is not the time.

:sign0098:

Rep!

chief31
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM

Great. Just what the Chiefs need. An extra "cancer" to deal with.

Yes. He is supposed to be a professional. He gets paid very well to put fourth an astronomical effort each game.

I'm glad he didn't do it, but I can definitely blame him.

Rather he should have been getting the ball more, or not, you do not throw your teammates "under the bus" in front of the whole world. T.O is not as good as he believes.

And those teams treated him like crap...after he took a **** on them.

Not to the media. And I believe that they are smart enough to realize that Huard wasn't the problem. Hence the remarks about play-calling from T.G.

So is DBo!

Just ask TG!

What game was that?

It was thrown to Bowe, and Bowe caught it. :D

Real close comparison. Lol.

So, in his twelvth season, he is finally performing the way he should have been for his entire career, and suddenly he is a god?

He is an extremely talented guy, but he has been more trouble then he is worth, for the majority of his career.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Unless he got all those TD's since he got to Dallas I would say he has done well throughout his career!

:beer:

Canada
12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Unless he got all those TD's since he got to Dallas I would say he has done well throughout his career!

...again no one said he wasn't good. Sure he caught 127 td passes. Name 5 memorable ones that made a significant change in the outcome of any particular season and I will give you at least 5 times where he was so concerned with himself that it made a significant change in the outcome of his TEAMS season. I guess you have to decide, what is more important...keeping your team happy or keeping TO happy.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
...again no one said he wasn't good. Sure he caught 127 td passes. Name 5 memorable ones that made a significant change in the outcome of any particular season and I will give you at least 5 times where he was so concerned with himself that it made a significant change in the outcome of his TEAMS season. I guess you have to decide, what is more important...keeping your team happy or keeping TO happy.

Why haven't you heard TO is the team! :rolleyes:

hermhater
12-04-2007, 09:52 PM

I can't name any significant catches he made in any games.

I do know that he dropped more passes than any other receiver last year!

The guy is a stud, and a menace.

I don't always agree with his attitude, but he is fun to watch on the field!

rbedgood
12-04-2007, 11:59 PM

I'll start by saying...I HATE TO...

However he is a very talented, skilled wide receiver, who does play very well on the field. He has had well more than 5 TDs that have changed games/seasons for his teams. I remember specifically a catch with the 49ers at the end of the Green Bay game, he had some big catches in the Super Bowl that gave Philly a chance to win at the end, he had some amazing TD catch and runs during that season to help Philly get into the playoffs, and he has done more of the same in Dallas.

The reason I wouldn't want him on my team is that he is unstable. When things are going good, he's a great teammate...he blocks for your runningbacks, he runs hard, and he tries hard, he wants to work with his QB, and he is a great big target when the QB needs one. He does drop a lot of balls, but his upside on the field outweighs his downside, when things are going good. However when things are bad, they're REALLY BAD...he's had issues with Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe and I'm sure others. He's had issues, with Steve Marriuci (dumba$$ coach anyhow), Andy Reid, and Bill Parcells. Not to mention most of his position coaches.

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 01:40 AM

However he is a very talented, skilled wide receiver, who does play very well on the field. He has had well more than 5 TDs that have changed games/seasons for his teams. I remember specifically a catch with the 49ers at the end of the Green Bay game, he had some big catches in the Super Bowl that gave Philly a chance to win at the end, he had some amazing TD catch and runs during that season to help Philly get into the playoffs, and he has done more of the same in Dallas.

The reason I wouldn't want him on my team is that he is unstable. When things are going good, he's a great teammate...he blocks for your runningbacks, he runs hard, and he tries hard, he wants to work with his QB, and he is a great big target when the QB needs one. He does drop a lot of balls, but his upside on the field outweighs his downside, when things are going good. However when things are bad, they're REALLY BAD...he's had issues with Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe and I'm sure others. He's had issues, with Steve Marriuci (dumba$$ coach anyhow), Andy Reid, and Bill Parcells. Not to mention most of his position coaches.

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF .

Eggsactly!

hermhater
12-08-2007, 03:49 AM

He will outstay his welcome in Dallas just as he did in Philly and SF.

YouTube - to speaks

hermhater
12-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Eggsactly!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg (http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee302/libranoelrose/Chiefs%20Crowd%20thread%20posting/mccaw.jpg)

prough91
12-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Even though I grudgingly, kind of, a little bit like to watch Romo play, I will never, ever root for the Cowboys for the simple fact that they're my brother-in-law's favorite team. At least it gives me one more good reason to root against them.

Guru
12-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Even though I grudgingly, kind of, a little bit like to watch Romo play, I will never, ever root for the Cowboys for the simple fact that they're my brother-in-law's favorite team. At least it gives me one more good reason to root against them.

My BIL is a Iowa fan. Hence why I root for Iowa State once a year. :D

Canada
12-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Heh...my brother in law is Australian and he is a Collingwood magpies fan so I obviously root for the Sydney Swans once a year!!

prough91
12-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Heh...my brother in law is Australian and he is a Collingwood magpies fan so I obviously root for the Sydney Swans once a year!!

That was total french to me!

McLovin
12-08-2007, 09:56 AM
My BIL is a Iowa fan. Hence why I root for Iowa State once a year. :D

And to think I actually liked you Guru, Gawd anyone but Iowa State, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

GO HAWKEYES

Guru
12-08-2007, 05:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Iowa St wins.

hermhater
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Where the hell do you get your material from man?

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Where the hell do you get your material from man?

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

That was the truth. He is an Aussie Rules football fan and those are actual team names!!

IlovetheChiefs
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Last week my upset pick of the week came true (Oakland beat Denver). This week my upset pick is The Lions over Dallas. Dallas is overdue for a loss and Detroit is over due for a win.
I like to watch the Cowboys LOSE! I like to watch the Chiefs WIN! And I like to watch the Chiefs PERIOD! Go Chiefs! You guys are the BEST football team past, present, and forever!

hermhater
12-08-2007, 06:26 PM
That was the truth. He is an Aussie Rules football fan and those are actual team names!!

Then it is even friggin' funnier!

:lol: :funnypost:

Chiefster
12-08-2007, 08:44 PM

Not unlike the Toledo Mud Hens. :D