PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs final 2007 Win/Loss Record

Coach
11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
So after today the Chiefs have a record of 4-7.
They have the following games left:
San Diego
at Denver
Tennessee
at Detroit
at Jets

What do you think their final record will be? What draft pick do you think that will end up giving them?

I will say final record is 6-10.
2008 draft pick: 5th. Sam Baker, OT from USC

greg3564
11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
So after today the Chiefs have a record of 4-7.
They have the following games left:
San Diego Loss
at Denver Loss
Tennessee Loss
at Detroit Loss
at Jets Win

What do you think their final record will be? What draft pick do you think that will end up giving them?

I will say final record is 6-10.
2008 draft pick: 5th. Sam Baker, OT from USC

Final record will be 5-11. The way the rest of the league is with their records, I don't think we will get to pick until about 10th.

Never thought it would be so bad at the start of the season. Herm and the front office can use the "rebuilding" excuse all they like. But the bottom line is this team is mis-coached and had way more potential. There is no excuse for the pathetic record the Chiefs have. Losing against the 2 win Raiders in Arrowhead?! Sad. I think the Chiefs should cut their losses with Herm and move in a different direction with a new coach. Herm and his less than .500 career record can go somewhere else and screw up.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Final record will be 5-11. The way the rest of the league is with their records, I don't think we will get to pick until about 10th.

Never thought it would be so bad at the start of the season. Herm and the front office can use the "rebuilding" excuse all they like. But the bottom line is this team is mis-coached and had way more potential. There is no excuse for the pathetic record the Chiefs have. Losing against the 2 win Raiders in Arrowhead?! Sad. I think the Chiefs should cut their losses with Herm and move in a different direction with a new coach. Herm and his less than .500 career record can go somewhere else and screw up.

Now hold on here a cotton pickin' minute!!!

If every one starts agreeing with me we might as well just rename the site the Herm haters club!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

greg3564
11-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Now hold on here a cotton pickin' minute!!!

If every one starts agreeing with me we might as well just rename the site the Herm haters club!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

I'm in! :D

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 01:23 AM
4-12

luv
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
4-12
No way we lose to the Jets. Worst case scenario: 5-11. Right now, I'm thinking 6-10. My original prediction at the start of the year was 9-7. However, I don' believe we will win all of the rest of our games.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 01:37 AM
No way we lose to the Jets. Worst case scenario: 5-11. Right now, I'm thinking 6-10. My original prediction at the start of the year was 9-7. However, I don' believe we will win all of the rest of our games.

We just lost to the Raders. I think you continue to under estimate Herms idiocy.

McLovin
11-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Is it possible for the league to look at a couple of those wins and decide we really didn't deserve it, if so I say this team (with current anti-coach) will go 3-13. That is unless the Jets are so thankful to us for taking Herm and they let us win.
Ok breakdown of fight for draft spot as of this moment.

Jets 2-9
Miami 0-10
Raiders 3-8
Falcons 3-8
Niners 2-8
Rams 2-9

Schedule
Jets play
Miami, NE, Cleveland, Tenn, KC
They could win the Miami and KC games, and head to head goes to Jets lol

Miami, lost cause first pick of the draft.

actually they play,
Steelers, Jets, Buffalo, Baltimore, NE, Cincy.

they could win 4 but not likely.

Raiders play
Denver, GB, Indy, Jax, San Diego.

They may have won their last game today.

ATL plays

STL, NO, Tampa Bay, Ari, Seattle.

Could win one or more.

Niners play,
Car, Minn, Cincy, TB, Cleveland

Could win 2 more (Car, Cincy, TB, Minn? all possible)

and STL coming off of two straight wins play,

Sea, ATL, CIN, GB, PIT, ARI.

with being on a streak they could win the next 2 and ARI, not likely they will beat GB, could even beat Cincy, and Pit, just depends on the team that shows up.

So with that there is still a chance at a top 3 draft pick, that is if all the cards fall right. Heck they did last year, never know. Again though Herm might pull a rabbit out of his hat and win a couple of the remaining leaving us with a 10th or worse pick. Guess we will just have to see how the cards play out. (actually the Cards (ARI) arent too much of an issue in this lol.

luv
11-26-2007, 01:57 AM
We just lost to the Raders. I think you continue to under estimate Herms idiocy.
That's funny. Usually, I seem to be the pessimistic one. :p

McLovin
11-26-2007, 01:58 AM
That's funny. Usually, I seem to be the pessimistic one. :p
I believe I took that title when Priest retired lol.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 02:00 AM
I believe I took that title when Priest retired lol.

It's ok. You ate your crow and liked it.

You are absolved!!!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
11-26-2007, 02:02 AM
It's ok. You ate your crow and liked it.

You are absolved!!!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:
Depends on who you ask, 31 wouldn't absolve me if I saved his life.

:lol:

hermhater
11-26-2007, 02:39 AM

chief31 pretty much had to cool it when he became a mod I think.

Kind of like the network announcers not being able to say who they think will win a game!!!

Too bad, I miss his posts.

:sign0098:

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 02:43 AM
chief31 pretty much had to cool it when he became a mod I think.

Kind of like the network announcers not being able to say who they think will win a game!!!

Too bad, I miss his posts.

Chief31 can post as he wishes and is not strapped by his position here. Mods as well as all other members are bound by all the same rules and can post as they desire within the frame work of said rules.

chief31
11-26-2007, 02:56 AM

Having a helping of crow is a wise move, but I think that attacking a player for getting injured is still a pretty low place to have been. In my opinion, it is lower than applauding an opposing teams player for getting injuring one of our own.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Having a helping of crow is a wise move, but I think that attacking a player for getting injured is still a pretty low place to have been. In my opinion, it is lower than applauding an opposing teams player for getting injuring one of our own.

Absolutely agree!

McLovin
11-26-2007, 03:09 AM
On this one I will defend myself, I HAVE NEVER ATTACKED A PLAYER FOR GETTING INJURED. I did say that I wasn't sure that Priest was healed, and I felt he knew he wasn't miraculously cured but came back anyway and it cost the Chiefs. I still think the world of Priest, and I am glad he retired FOR HIS SAKE, for no other reason. I just feel he retired to late. Priest is still one of my favorite Chiefs players, quit trying to turn this into me being a Priest hater.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 03:14 AM
I was unaware that chief31 was referring to any one individual with that reply.

chief31
11-26-2007, 03:19 AM
On this one I will defend myself, I HAVE NEVER ATTACKED A PLAYER FOR GETTING INJURED. I did say that I wasn't sure that Priest was healed, and I felt he knew he wasn't miraculously cured but came back anyway and it cost the Chiefs. I still think the world of Priest, and I am glad he retired FOR HIS SAKE, for no other reason. I just feel he retired to late. Priest is still one of my favorite Chiefs players, quit trying to turn this into me being a Priest hater.

I am not trying to spin this in any direction. You said that Priest should be punished.

McLovin
11-26-2007, 03:25 AM
I am not trying to spin this in any direction. You said that Priest should be punished.

And I still feel this way, but that is MY opinion, if I was making the decision then I would have a much better background and have all the facts to make the decision.

In the end it all worked out for the good, with Bennett gone we got to see Smith, Priest retired while he can still walk and function, and we got draft picks for Bennett who never seemed like much until we had to go with an unproven rookie, I don't think this was about Priest character but more about his competitive nature, but somewhere along the line thinking with the heart got in the way of thinking with the head, it just so happens that Herm saw potential in a kid (Smith) that may or may not be the saving grace in the whole situation.

Now if Herm would just let them play, the talent on this team is amazing and he refuses to trust them to use it.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 03:29 AM
...Now if Herm would just let them play, the talent on this team is amazing and he refuses to trust them to use it.

Exactly!

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:31 AM
And I still feel this way, but that is MY opinion, if I was making the decision then I would have a much better background and have all the facts to make the decision.

In the end it all worked out for the good, with Bennett gone we got to see Smith, Priest retired while he can still walk and function, and we got draft picks for Bennett who never seemed like much until we had to go with an unproven rookie, I don't think this was about Priest character but more about his competitive nature, but somewhere along the line thinking with the heart got in the way of thinking with the head, it just so happens that Herm saw potential in a kid (Smith) that may or may not be the saving grace in the whole situation.

Now if Herm would just let them play, the talent on this team is amazing and he refuses to trust them to use it.

Huh.

I don't remember whether I got video of it after the game, but I seem to remember Carl taking credit for getting Kolby on the team.

Also I do remember Herm mentioning to the press that what he saw was a smart, talented running back.

Wonder if they forgot to get together and decide who was gonna take credit for this little bit of success for the Chiefs.

IlovetheChiefs
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Boy if we can only win these next two divisional games. Then we still have a shot at the playoffs. But have to win both. And then would have to win at least 2 of the last three or even all three (unless S.D would finish 8-8, for then we would win the tie break for having beaten them twice).

The thing is, I think the final three games are highly winable. Tennessee and Detroit have both lost 3 in a row. Tennesee has been held to 13 or fewer points five times this season and last week only scored 6 points against an awful Bengal defense. And Detroit hasn't beaten us since 1988. And the Jets, of course, are a hideous football team.

It's these next two games that I think are the most challenging. But hey, S.D. has lost like 9 of the last 11 at Arrowhead. The game at mile high scares me more, but Denver is only 5-6 and has played badly at times this year (losing 41-3 and 44-7). Their defense is ranked 31 out of 32 in the NFL. So ya never know!

But if I would get paid a million dollars for correctly guessing the Chiefs final record this year, my guess would be 7-9. I would say we lose to Denver and to either S.D. or Detroit. And beat the Titans and Jets.

I know a lot of you think Herm is costing us a lot of games but at least the same can be said for this week's opponent - Norv Turner has been messing up the season for a team that went 14-2 last year! He's a pretty awful coach (lifetime record of 64-87!).

Three7s
11-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I know the playoffs are still in reach, but the way we're playing right now, it's just silly to even imagine this team in the playoffs.
If we play at our absolute best, and that includes COACHING too, then yes, we can win all five, but that just won't happen. Someone will screw up. *cough* HERM *cough*
However, two teams I thought we would stand no chance against, even if we did play our best, being the Lions and Titans, at the beginning of the year, are beatable right now, they've both come down to earth. Maybe a miracle will happen, and we'll play like we did against the Chargers the first time we met for the rest of the way!

Canada
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I know the playoffs are still in reach, but the way we're playing right now, it's just silly to even imagine this team in the playoffs.
If we play at our absolute best, and that includes COACHING too, then yes, we can win all five, but that just won't happen. Someone will screw up. *cough* HERM *cough*
However, two teams I thought we would stand no chance against, even if we did play our best, being the Lions and Titans, at the beginning of the year, are beatable right now, they've both come down to earth. Maybe a miracle will happen, and we'll play like we did against the Chargers the first time we met for the rest of the way!

heh heh.....that is a great sig man!! :bananen_smilies046:

greg3564
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Boy if we can only win these next two divisional games. Then we still have a shot at the playoffs. But have to win both. And then would have to win at least 2 of the last three or even all three (unless S.D would finish 8-8, for then we would win the tie break for having beaten them twice).

The thing is, I think the final three games are highly winable. Tennessee and Detroit have both lost 3 in a row. Tennesee has been held to 13 or fewer points five times this season and last week only scored 6 points against an awful Bengal defense. And Detroit hasn't beaten us since 1988. And the Jets, of course, are a hideous football team.

It's these next two games that I think are the most challenging. But hey, S.D. has lost like 9 of the last 11 at Arrowhead. The game at mile high scares me more, but Denver is only 5-6 and has played badly at times this year (losing 41-3 and 44-7). Their defense is ranked 31 out of 32 in the NFL. So ya never know!

But if I would get paid a million dollars for correctly guessing the Chiefs final record this year, my guess would be 7-9. I would say we lose to Denver and to either S.D. or Detroit. And beat the Titans and Jets.

I know a lot of you think Herm is costing us a lot of games but at least the same can be said for this week's opponent - Norv Turner has been messing up the season for a team that went 14-2 last year! He's a pretty awful coach (lifetime record of 64-87!).

Come on man! We just lost at home against a 2 win team! Anyone who thinks this team is going to come within a 1000 miles of a wildcard berth needs to get their head checked. It's not happening this year. I hate to say it, but this team(mainly the coaches) does not deserve to go to the postseason. When you are ranked below 30 in total offense, we just are not going to win many games. We'll win one more game at the Jets to finish at 5-11. Sad.

wolfpack
11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
4-12 maybe ,,,we still have the jets long shot 5-11. thanks again peterson and hermmie!

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2007, 07:27 PM
At the beginning of the season I was hoping for a 10-6 record that obviously isn't going to happen. 4-12 is what I want now as that is the only way that anything will get done within the organization. When Lamont Winstead and Ray Farmer came down to the Lake and at my family's restaurant they were discussing how this was a transition year. So the season really has to go south in a bad way if there is any chance of getting herm out of here and getting a championship caliber coach like cowher in.

Chiefster
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Come on man! We just lost at home against a 2 win team! Anyone who thinks this team is going to come within a 1000 miles of a wildcard berth needs to get their head checked. It's not happening this year. I hate to say it, but this team(mainly the coaches) does not deserve to go to the postseason. When you are ranked below 30 in total offense, we just are not going to win many games. We'll win one more game at the Jets to finish at 5-11. Sad.

Eggsactly!

IlovetheChiefs
11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh I know after losing four in a row, including Oakland, that we could lose these upcoming divisional games as well. I was just saying that if we should win the next two we would still be in the race, since the AFC west doesn't have a dominant team this year.

And that the three games after that (Titans, Lions, Jets) are winable since they are all reeling too.

Also, Pittsburgh also lost to a 2 win team (Jets) but is still very likely to go to the playoffs.

But I said 7-9 would be our most likely final record anyway. So I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs. I just haven't totally despaired yet. But I can never do that till they are officially eliminated from post season play!

tornadospotter
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
9-7. We must defend Arrowhead!!!!! Time to drain down the charge in the dolts!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
VERY WELL PUT!!!!

Three7s
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
9-7. We must defend Arrowhead!!!!! Time to drain down the charge in the dolts!
I stopped being optimistic about our "Arrowhead advantage" after the loss to the Broncos. The loss to the Raiders was the icing on the cake. We suck at home this year, we're actually better on the road!

Guru
11-29-2007, 01:24 AM
All I know is that they have to win this week. I am going.

hermhater
11-29-2007, 01:30 AM

I hope you can reverse the YZILLA curse Guru!

Do it for the Chiefs man!

tornadospotter
11-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Defend Arrowhead! Get some 00 agents and replace Herms game plan with a blow them dang dolts out of our house plan! :D

hermhater
11-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Defend Arrowhead! Get some 00 agents and replace Herms game plan with a blow them dang dolts out of our house plan! :D

Also...

GO CHIEFS!!!

Friggin' donks...

They suck...

tammietailgator
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
You go and YELL!!! Do your job well, try not to boo except at the chargers.... Dress warm and waterproof.... oh yeah and YELL!!!

luv
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Let's hope so. This place needs a pick-me-up.

The players don't though. They have their millions to cry on. They only need to win to give fans a break.

kcchiefsfan
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
hmm.. I'll say 7-9 as the final record