PDA

View Full Version : The Official FIRE Herm Edwards Petition

FireHermNOW
11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a new user to the forum, but long time Chiefs fan. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!! :)

With that said...

I have started a petition online to let the Chiefs organization know that we are mad, and we want change! We want Herm Edwards to go, now!

This is a brand new petition, and I am hoping that we can get thousands of signatures quickly, to send to Mr. Hunt and Mr. Peterson to let them know that enough is enough, we are tired of mediocrity and we want Herm gone now!

Please visit the below petition at the following link, and PLEASE spread the word to everyone you know. Let's speak up! Thanks everyone for your support!!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/fireherm/petition.html

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello everyone! I'm a new user to the forum, but long time Chiefs fan. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!! :)

With that said...

I have started a petition online to let the Chiefs organization know that we are mad, and we want change! We want Herm Edwards to go, now!

This is a brand new petition, and I am hoping that we can get thousands of signatures quickly, to send to Mr. Hunt and Mr. Peterson to let them know that enough is enough, we are tired of mediocrity and we want Herm gone now!

Please visit the below petition at the following link, and PLEASE spread the word to everyone you know. Let's speak up! Thanks everyone for your support!!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/fireherm/petition.html

You can count on me to sign the petition - for all the good it will do. :)

FireHermNOW
11-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks, Chiefster. I know it's just an online petition - but you know what, it's something - and I feel that something must be done to dropkick Herm out of KC!!

greg3564
11-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm the 7th to sign. If it weren't for the fact Carl Peterson is having a torrid love affair with Herm Edwards, this might work.(Was that an out loud thought? My bad!)

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm the 7th to sign. If it weren't for the fact Carl Peterson is having a torrid love affair with Herm Edwards, this might work.(Was that an out loud thought? My bad!)

Sooooooooooooooo true!

I'm number 8.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks, Chiefster. I know it's just an online petition - but you know what, it's something - and I feel that something must be done to dropkick Herm out of KC!!

My pleasure!

FireHermNOW
11-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Haha, so true...but maybe we can get lucky and get Carl gone too. What a present that would be this year, huh?
:lol:
Oh well, one can dream.... thanks for your help guys.

luv
11-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Haha, so true...but maybe we can get lucky and get Carl gone too. What a present that would be this year, huh?
Oh well, one can dream.... thanks for your help guys.
Will you be sticking around after this thread?

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Will you be sticking around after this thread?
Good question luv!

FireHermNOW
11-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Haha - you betcha, yeah I definitely will! I stumbled across the forum, but it looks like a really cool site - so for sure. :)

Well, let me take that back....tonight, no - because I just now realized it's 12am, and I gotta be up at 6am. Oops. hah.

I do look forward to getting to know everyone here, and talking some football for sure! Nite everyone.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Well, welcome to the site I guess.

We all seem to want Herm gone so you have come to the right place.

If you come back and post, then I will go and sign your petition.

Doubt that it will do any good, but if you're a regular I will support your cause.

McLovin
11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Sig#9 right here.

luv
11-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, welcome to the site I guess.

We all seem to want Herm gone so you have come to the right place.

If you come back and post, then I will go and sign your petition.

Doubt that it will do any good, but if you're a regular I will support your cause.
Exactly what I was thinking.

cf2112
11-26-2007, 07:44 AM
#20 we need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swmochiefsfan
11-26-2007, 09:52 AM
# 29, worth every second

rbedgood
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
You guys are welcome to take Mike "What's Offense" Nolan off of our hands...since he likely wouldn't accept a demotion to Def Coordinator...

springchief
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I am one who WON'T be signing the petition...

Yes, I am ticked by the decisions that the coaching STAFF has been making recently, but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE - who in the world will replace him?

Let's think about the San Diego issue last year - they fire Marty and then end up with IN MY OPINION is one of the WORST coaches: Norv Turner.

There is NO ONE to replace Herm and way too many crappy coaches out there. College coaches haven't really proven themselves in the NFL arena and the good coaches will stay put where they are.

Firing Herm isn't the answer. We need an new offensive coordinator who will stand up to Herm and show him that running the ball and eating up clock isn't the answer. We need Al Saunders back!

The person who gave Herm the idea to challenge the spot needs to be fired! Yes, I know that Herm made the final decision - but it had to have been someone from the booth that send down the dumb idea. Fire him.

Go ahead - flame me, I don't care! After the pissy weekend of watching the Jayhawks fall apart, then driving 3 hours to watch the Chiefs throw away the game while watching stooopid drunk fans all around us fight and then get hauled out by the cops (or one heroic beer guy) I'm sick of it!!!! I will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan, but I don't always have to be happy with the way they are playing.

One bright spot - Kolby Smith!!! I hope that having Priest around taught Kolby some class and that he wasn't learning any bad habits from LJ.

Alright, I'm ready - fire away!

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Yes, I am ticked by the decisions that the coaching STAFF has been making recently, but LOOK AROUND PEOPLE - who in the world will replace him?

Let's think about the San Diego issue last year - they fire Marty and then end up with IN MY OPINION is one of the WORST coaches: Norv Turner...

Who incidentally has a better record then we do this year. I'd settle for anyone who wont strap our offense down.

springchief
11-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Right... but WHO would you choose to replace Herm?

Any ideas??

hermhater
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM

I would take Cam Cameron at this point!

:mob:

Let's think about the San Diego issue last year - they fire Marty and then end up with IN MY OPINION is one of the WORST coaches: Norv Turner.

There is NO ONE to replace Herm and way too many crappy coaches out there. College coaches haven't really proven themselves in the NFL arena and the good coaches will stay put where they are.

Again I would take anyone (even Cameron) over Herm. He is worse than just a bad coach, the guy is a moron who embarrasses us every time he opens his mouth!!!

Firing Herm isn't the answer. We need an new offensive coordinator who will stand up to Herm and show him that running the ball and eating up clock isn't the answer. We need Al Saunders back!

The person who gave Herm the idea to challenge the spot needs to be fired! Yes, I know that Herm made the final decision - but it had to have been someone from the booth that send down the dumb idea. Fire him.

Did that guy also tell Herm to take a time out to "think about whether to challenge or not"???

That is idiotic! You just throw the Challenge flag and hope you get the spot of the ball changed.

Wasting 2 timeouts is asinine!!

Go ahead - flame me, I don't care! After the pissy weekend of watching the Jayhawks fall apart, then driving 3 hours to watch the Chiefs throw away the game while watching stooopid drunk fans all around us fight and then get hauled out by the cops (or one heroic beer guy) I'm sick of it!!!! I will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan, but I don't always have to be happy with the way they are playing.

That's your fault for being a KU fan!

GO Tigers!

:yahoo:

One bright spot - Kolby Smith!!! I hope that having Priest around taught Kolby some class and that he wasn't learning any bad habits from LJ.

Alright, I'm ready - fire away!

Other than that, pretty good post!

:D

Three7s
11-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Actually, I heard Herm took the first time out to see whether or not he should go for it, then some guy said to challenge the spot.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Actually, I heard Herm took the first time out to see whether or not he should go for it, then some guy said to challenge the spot.

Well he doesn't mention that in the post game interview.

He actually says he wanted to put the pressure on the running back and the O line, not the kicker, so he was going for it no matter what.

Where did you hear this from?

YouTube - Herm Edwards is a moron.

Three7s
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I think it was from some radio station on post game. Not 101 the Fox, but the A.M station.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I think it was from some radio station on post game. Not 101 the Fox, but the A.M station.

Regardless, as long as we all realize how much of a moron Herm is, it's all good!

:yahoo: :D

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Regardless, as long as we all realize how much of a moron Herm is, it's all good!

:yahoo: :D

Well, It isn't rocket science. :D

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
what about bill cowler...just a suggestion!! :character0029: ... i figured taz is a good fit they both tend to slobber

hermhater
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
what about bill cowler...just a suggestion!! :character0029: ... i figured taz is a good fit they both tend to slobber

I would love to have the Chin coaching the Chiefs!!!

He would be awesome!!!

:sign0098:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-26-2007, 08:43 PM
i seen a post the other day that said they would like to see a coach that would not be afraid to cram it down there throat ...BILL would be the guy!!!!!

hermhater
11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Yep! I just don't think he is ready to come back yet.

He has daughters in school and wants to spend time with them, and watch them in sports, and graduate.

A guy can still dream though!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
A guy can still dream though![/quote]
TRUE!!!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Cower at all. At this point I'd tale Bob Uecker over Herm Edwards.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Cower at all. At this point I'd tale Bob Uecker over Herm Edwards.

Jussst a bit outside...

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Jussst a bit outside...

Just listen to that crowd!...

chief31
11-27-2007, 01:33 AM
I was, appearently, number 97.

Welcome aboard, also.

Guru
11-27-2007, 01:41 AM

I am sure Mitch and Lenny would like to pop a bottle of whiskey in the booth too.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I am sure Mitch and Lenny would like to pop a bottle of whiskey in the booth too.

It almost sounds like they do now!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:48 AM

I'm certain of that. :lol:

rbedgood
11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Right... but WHO would you choose to replace Herm?

Any ideas??

Bill Cowher if he'd come back (as mentioned)...if not as much as it would piss me off as a 49er fan, someone should be chasing down Mike Singletary.

greg3564
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Bill Cowher has said he will not entertain any future coaching possibilities until his daughter graduates from high school in 2009. So at the soonest he won't be availible until the 2009-2010 season. Speculation is that if he does return it will be as a college head coach, not the NFL.

Chiefster
11-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Bill Cowher has said he will not entertain any future coaching possibilities until his daughter graduates from high school in 2009. So at the soonest he won't be availible until the 2009-2010 season. Speculation is that if he does return it will be as a college head coach, not the NFL.

Well who needs him then...err, wait...

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Hmmm...think we could get him to go to the Cal Bears...Cowher could kick some Carroll A$$

Pro_Angler
12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm not signing crap like that unless it say's fire Carl first then let's see what Herm can do.

OTR Chiefs fan
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Cowher would be great! The only problem is the Chiefs won't pay what he would ask for. Shout out to Chiefster, hey I'd been out of the loop for a while. I love the video of the dancing Yoda! :lol: Where'd you find it?

McLovin
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Cowher would be great! The only problem is the Chiefs won't pay what he would ask for. Shout out to Chiefster, hey I'd been out of the loop for a while. I love the video of the dancing Yoda! :lol: Where'd you find it?

Remember though Cowher got his start as a Chief, having heard him talk after he retired it appears he is still a Chiefs fan.

Pro_Angler
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Cower would be a nice fit, but I am thinking he'd stay east coast.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Cowher is the only fit at this time.

Get rid of Carl and hire Cowher to run the whole damn thing.

I will wait.

rbedgood
12-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Ummmm just a thought, but there are a couple other fits...

1) Tom Moore---not sure if he'd leave, but he is the long time off coordinator for Indy

2) Jim Mora Jr.---he got a raw deal trying to run his scheme with Michael Vick. Not a good fit, and Vick never developed.

3) Tom Coughlin---his act has worn out in NY, but frankly if he could come in with the attitude he has this year of trying to work with his veterans, then he could be a good fit.

4) Andy Reid---things have gone south in Philly, he's a good coach, but may need a fresh start. Would do his kids good also to get a fresh start in a new town.

5) Norm Chow---no head coaching experience, but offensive genius, he'll get a chance somewhere

There's 5 others...sure Cowher would be great, but I'm not sure he has a price tag until his girls are out of school in 2009. I think Chow would be the best choice in this crowd...of course as a 49er fan I won't suggest Mike Singletary.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 05:05 AM

1) Tom Moore---not sure if he'd leave, but he is the long time off coordinator for Indy

2) Jim Mora Jr.---he got a raw deal trying to run his scheme with Michael Vick. Not a good fit, and Vick never developed.

3) Tom Coughlin---his act has worn out in NY, but frankly if he could come in with the attitude he has this year of trying to work with his veterans, then he could be a good fit.

4) Andy Reid---things have gone south in Philly, he's a good coach, but may need a fresh start. Would do his kids good also to get a fresh start in a new town.

5) Norm Chow---no head coaching experience, but offensive genius, he'll get a chance somewhere

There's 5 others...sure Cowher would be great, but I'm not sure he has a price tag until his girls are out of school in 2009. I think Chow would be the best choice in this crowd...of course as a 49er fan I won't suggest Mike Singletary.

Any one of those guys would be head and shoulders above what we have now.

chief31
12-05-2007, 05:26 AM

Moore, if he were to leave, would likely get a head coaching job, and I don't think that we will be giving up on Herm too soon.

Coughlin is an interesting prospect. I like what he does.

Mora Jr. isn't a real big offensive line guy. I'd rather not.

I really like Reid and Chow though. If we were able to get one of those guys as OC, I'd be thrilled.

nigeriannightmare
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Herm isn't going anywhere. We do have to endure for at least one more season. Which in theory should work to our advantage becaus Superbowl Champion Bill Cowher could join the ranks.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm not signing crap like that unless it say's fire Carl first then let's see what Herm can do.

Herm would be the same old Herm he was in New York.

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Moore, if he were to leave, would likely get a head coaching job, and I don't think that we will be giving up on Herm too soon.

Coughlin is an interesting prospect. I like what he does.

Mora Jr. isn't a real big offensive line guy. I'd rather not.

I really like Reid and Chow though. If we were able to get one of those guys as OC, I'd be thrilled.

Are you kidding me?

Coughlin is a joke.

Though I have heard he has lightened up in the locker room and is respected slightly more this year by the players.

I don't see that in our organization either.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Are you kidding me?

Coughlin is a joke.

Though I have heard he has lightened up in the locker room and is respected slightly more this year by the players.

I agree. I'm not sure we need a dictator in our locker room.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Kinda like???

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Kinda like???
Eggsactly!!!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Eggsactly!!!

Yep!

McLovin
12-06-2007, 12:41 AM

It seems he has done a good job in Indy I guess although I don't know enough of what he has done to comment.

Again don't have enough knowledge to comment.

He would immediately lose the team, he is a worse locker room cancer then a displeased TO.

He has no class, no brains, and he isn't a good coach, he demands respect but doesn't try to earn it. This is the worst case scenario for me. I would rather sign Herm to a 10 year contract rather then sign this low life for 1 year.

I feel he would be a great head coach, just from what I have seen of him, the only problem with taking someone from O-Coordinator to head coach is the reverse of the problem we have with Herm, we might well go back to not having a D, It would be interesting to know how he was at delegating responsibility.

Lol Singletary, sounds like a good choice to me. I think with what we have had to endure for the last 20 years, ups and downs and neither up or down, just very average, I believe that if Cowher were going to wait a year before he came back it might not be a bad idea to keep Herm another year and patiently wait for Cowher. Also another year with Herm is going to make princess Carl look all that much worse.

chief31
12-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Are you kidding me?

Coughlin is a joke.

I was thinking more along the lines of an offensive coordinators spot for any of them, eventhough I doubt any of them would want anything less than a head coaching job. Herm isn't going anywhere yet.

m0ef0e
12-07-2007, 12:19 PM
There needs to be some people added to the who-to-fire list for me to sign it:

1. Queen Carl
2. Herm
3. Solari
4. Dick Curl

IlovetheChiefs
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Are there any previous Chiefs players that might make a good Chiefs head coach? I know that no matter how much a person excelled as a player that it doesn't necessarily mean they will be an effective coach. But it's interesting that we never had a player for a coach before (Paul Wiggin and Herm Edwards were players, but never for Kansas City).
Len Dawson for coach! (But he's in his 70's now!).

prough91
12-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Are there any previous Chiefs players that might make a good Chiefs head coach? I know that no matter how much a person excelled as a player that it doesn't necessarily mean they will be an effective coach. But it's interesting that we never had a player for a coach before (Paul Wiggin and Herm Edwards were players, but never for Kansas City).
Len Dawson for coach! (But he's in his 70's now!).

That's an interesting question. How about Grunny?

hermhater
12-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Grunny seems pretty solid.

I like your style.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

prough91
12-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Grunny seems pretty solid.

I like your style.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

To me, it seems like a good offensive line player would make a good coach. I would like to see Grunny for three reasons.

1. He was one of the best ever, IMO. He understood both sides of the ball.

2. He would bring back an ever declining fan base.

3. We would have Grunny and Gunny. How cool is that?

Get rid of the parrot.

spiman
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
#403 for me. The Raider game did it for me!

IlovetheChiefs
12-13-2007, 03:19 PM
How about Emmitt Thomas! One of our all time best cornerbacks is now the interim coach of the Atlanta Falcons. If the Falcons hire someone else after this year as their permanent coach, that'd be cool if the Chiefs interview Emmitt. Won't happen, but it'd be cool. :)

rbedgood
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Emmitt was at one point considered a prospect to be the first African-American head coach. But his time has passed and age has made it unlikely that he'll get the opportunity. At 64 it would be unlikely for him to land his first head coaching position. I think that Arthur Blank will likely target Mike Singletary from my 49ers. Ugh...that's gonna suck...