PDA

View Full Version : Hey luv and Canada

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Is it ok for the rest of us to blast Edwards, the rest of his staff and Peterson yet????? After the display put on yesterday, I hope you are with us now!!

luv
11-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Is it ok for the rest of us to blast Edwards, the rest of his staff and Peterson yet????? After the display put on yesterday, I hope you are with us now!!
I've never NOT been with that. My only complaints are:

1. When I'm talking about Kolby Smith, and someone comes out of left field with a Herm bashing comment. It had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

2. I don't like being "able" to criticize Herm and Carl, but not any of the players that are part of the same organization.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 11:54 AM

1. When I'm talking about Kolby Smith, and someone comes out of left field with a Herm bashing comment. It had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

2. I don't like being "able" to criticize Herm and Carl, but not any of the players that are part of the same organization.
I'm good with that. I just saw your post along with Canada's about not bashing our players or organization. Maybe I misunderstood your premise. Can you believe the crap that we are putting on the field right now??? Play calling, time management and basically overall decision making throughout!!!!

luv
11-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm good with that. I just saw your post along with Canada's about not bashing our players or organization. Maybe I misunderstood your premise. Can you believe the crap that we are putting on the field right now??? Play calling, time management and basically overall decision making throughout!!!!
I agree. I think time management has gotten a little better, which may be part of the reason for running so much. Not a big part though. We were 3rd and 15 yesterday and ran the ball??? You'd better believe the crowd booed. I was completely shocked when Herm went for it on the 4th and 1. Shocked. Play calling and decision making are definitely two of Herm's weaknesses. I wonder if Carl has figured out that having a mediocre team year after year is not, in fact, selling merchandise or tickets.

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM

The players are as much fair game as the rest of the organization. My comment about Herm was just a personal observation that I inserted as to why it is not difficult to prepare against us. I didn't mean to start a controversy over an ill placed comment. My apologies.

luv
11-26-2007, 12:27 PM
The players are as much fair game as the rest of the organization. My comment about Herm was just a personal observation that I inserted as to why it is not difficult to prepare against us. I didn't mean to start a controversy over an ill placed comment. My apologies.
I agreed with it, but I was just trying to talk around that part of it. It seems like, once one person says something, then everyone piles on. It just bugged me last night when I was trying to be positive (for once). :D

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I agreed with it, but I was just trying to talk around that part of it. It seems like, once one person says something, then everyone piles on. It just bugged me last night when I was trying to be positive (for once). :D

That's cool kiddo! I used to be a very positive person, perhaps I should try being so again. :D

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 02:30 PM
That's cool kiddo! I used to be a very positive person, perhaps I should try being so again. :D
Tough to do so when watchin this crap week after week, month after month and year after year!!!!

Canada
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Constructive criticism.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
The only problem I have is bashing players.

The amount of athletes that actually make it to the NFL is minuscule.

It is hard enough to play at that level, let alone excel. It is often the fault of coaches (as in our situation) not using the talent that the team has, that makes them look like poor athletes.

After watching Herm play to our weaknesses all year, I still try to refrain from bashing players, although it is becoming increasingly difficult to do (Ty Law sucks)!!!

luv
11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

It is hard enough to play at that level, let alone excel. It is often the fault of coaches (as in our situation) not using the talent that the team has, that makes them look like poor athletes.

After watching Herm play to our weaknesses all year, I still try to refrain from bashing players, although it is becoming increasingly difficult to do (Ty Law sucks)!!!
There were a couple of occasions when Law's man was either wide open or he would just run right by someone without tackling them.

Kolby Smith couldn't seem to catch.

We had false start penalties.

There are lots of things that are on the players. I do agree that bad decision making and play calling plays a huge part. I just don't think that players should be exempt. After all, there are fewer coaches than players, and you can always find more good players each year. :p

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Just like the ole cliche goes, at the end of the day, the players have to make plays. Most all teams have the same playbooks with a tweek here or there but the coaches can only do so much. Now, our coaches seem to be on another planet sometimes but I would still think our players could get through a game without false starts, delay of game penalties ect....

Coach
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I do agree that bad decision making and play calling plays a huge part. I just don't think that players should be exempt. After all, there are fewer coaches than players, and you can always find more good players each year. :p

I agree for the most part. Why should players be above contructive criticism? They are superior athletes, nobody questions that. That is why they are being paid the way they are. But it is our right as fans, the people who pay their paychecks, to question their decision making process among other things. For example, Bernard Pollard's stupid penalty yesterday.

I call em as I see em. Kolby deserves a pat on the back. He stepped in and did a good job in his first game at RB. He dropped passes, but so does LJ and Priest.

There are other players that need to decide if they want to continue to be a part of this organization IMO.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Just like the ole cliche goes, at the end of the day, the players have to make plays. Most all teams have the same playbooks with a tweek here or there but the coaches can only do so much. Now, our coaches seem to be on another planet sometimes but I would still think our players could get through a game without false starts, delay of game penalties ect....

All of those mistakes are mental. That is what happens when coaches don't prepare their players mentally.

What the hell kind of comment was that by Herm saying he didn't want to kick the field goal because he "didn't want to put that kind of pressure" on the kicker??

Kickers are a different story. Bash them all you want. They have one job to do, and it doesn't change at any level.

Rayner is killing us almost as bad as Herm at this point.

Sure wish we would have picked the guy from Green Bay, since we had the chance to do it before Medlock in the draft.

Yet another crappy decision by the administration!

:mob:

luv
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
All of those mistakes are mental. That is what happens when coaches don't prepare their players mentally.

What the hell kind of comment was that by Herm saying he didn't want to kick the field goal because he "didn't want to put that kind of pressure" on the kicker??

Kickers are a different story. Bash them all you want. They have one job to do, and it doesn't change at any level.

Sure wish we would have picked the guy from Green Bay, since we had the chance to do it before Medlock in the draft.

Hind sight is always 20/20.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 03:11 PM

If you ask me, that is a cop out! If a PRO athlete is counting on the coach for motivation and preparedness, he needs to check himself!!! These guys are paid millions and all they talk about is winning the whole shabang!!! If you can't find it in yourself to get prepared on your own and motivate yourself, you should be on the bench or selling insurance!!! How much motivation and preparedness do you think the Indy or New England coaching staffs have to do?

Coach
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
If you ask me, that is a cop out! If a PRO athlete is counting on the coach for motivation and preparedness, he needs to check himself!!! These guys are paid millions and all they talk about is winning the whole shabang!!! If you can't find it in yourself to get prepared on your own and motivate yourself, you should be on the bench or selling insurance!!! How much motivation and preparedness do you think the Indy or New England coaching staffs have to do?

I agree partially. Athletes are paid extraordinary amounts of money to be extraordinary, not average.

It is the coach's job to have his team prepared, it is a player's job to execute the game plan. The mental mistakes being made by some players are ridiculous as are some of the mistakes being made by the coaching staff.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM

They don't have to do it. They do it because they like winning games, and not having all of those mistakes.

Fundamentals need to be practiced EVERY SINGLE DAY of practice!!!

I think we went over this some time back, and I stand by my opinion. Fundamentals are just that: Fundamental!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
They don't have to do it. They do it because they like winning games, and not having all of those mistakes.

Fundamentals need to be practiced EVERY SINGLE DAY of practice!!!

I think we went over this some time back, and I stand by my opinion. Fundamentals are just that: Fundamental!!!!
Mental mistakes aren't fundamental. Their stupid! The coach can't prepare you to not jump before the balls is snapped, The coach can't motivate you to not grab a guys facemask ect....

My point about those other teams was that the players are committed to being prepared and motivated every single game on their own!!! The coaches don't need to babysit these guys! They are grown men that have been playing this sport they love so much and are handsomly paid to do for 20 years!!!! Do you need your boss to prepare you to do your job to the best of your ability every single day? I hope not and doubt it.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Mental mistakes aren't fundamental. Their stupid! The coach can't prepare you to not jump before the balls is snapped, The coach can't motivate you to not grab a guys facemask ect....

My point about those other teams was that the players are committed to being prepared and motivated every single game on their own!!! The coaches don't need to babysit these guys! They are grown men that have been playing this sport they love so much and are handsomly paid to do for 20 years!!!! Do you need your boss to prepare you to do your job to the best of your ability every single day? I hope not and doubt it.

A coach is supposed to be more than just a boss. They are more of a parent in my opinion.

And I do drill the fundamentals to my son every time I see him.

When he screws up, I sit him down and explain to him why what he did was bad. I then punish him in a way that will ensure he doesn't forget why he is being punished.

A coach has the same ability with their players.

Those guys that are making those mistakes need to run drill, after drill, after drill if that is what it takes.

These guys are earning millions, and it isn't because they are the brightest among us, just the most athletically gifted.

Do you not get that, or what???

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
A coach is supposed to be more than just a boss. They are more of a parent in my opinion.

And I do drill the fundamentals to my son every time I see him.

When he screws up, I sit him down and explain to him why what he did was bad. I then punish him in a way that will ensure he doesn't forget why he is being punished.

A coach has the same ability with their players.

Those guys that are making those mistakes need to run drill, after drill, after drill if that is what it takes.

These guys are earning millions, and it isn't because they are the brightest among us, just the most athletically gifted.

Do you not get that, or what???
Really???? How many drills do you think these guys have ran in the last 20 or so years???? They still make stupid penalties and that is one of the biggest things that make you lose games! 20 years of drills and still makin mistakes! Illegal blocks in the back??? How smart do you need to be to know that if you can see the guys name, DON'T HIT HIM!!!! Field position is choice, especially when your offense is as inept as ours. Penalties kill!

hermhater
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Well it looks to me like they haven't been doing the drills enough in the last 20 years.

It must be time for them to do them now, if they still can't get it right.

I totally agree that was you say is happening, is happening, but I put the burden solely on the coaches shoulders!

Canada
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Really???? How many drills do you think these guys have ran in the last 20 or so years???? They still make stupid penalties and that is one of the biggest things that make you lose games! 20 years of drills and still makin mistakes! Illegal blocks in the back??? How smart do you need to be to know that if you can see the guys name, DON'T HIT HIM!!!! Field position is choice, especially when your offense is as inept as ours. Penalties kill!

Apparently as smart as you sittin there on the couch with all the answers. Have you ever made a block?? You would then realize that if the returner reverses his field the guy trying to tackle him may turn and chase....leaving his name, number and back to you....making it now an illegal block in the back.
But you are right, there are too many stupid penalties, but don't act like they are easy to avoid or there would be no penalties in the NFL. There may be a little more to the job of an NFL player than you realize.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Apparently as smart as you sittin there on the couch with all the answers. Have you ever made a block?? You would then realize that if the returner reverses his field the guy trying to tackle him may turn and chase....leaving his name, number and back to you....making it now an illegal block in the back.
But you are right, there are too many stupid penalties, but don't act like they are easy to avoid or there would be no penalties in the NFL. There may be a little more to the job of an NFL player than you realize.
You just can't have a discussion without insulting someone can you? I do my best work from the couch I'll have you! I'll make sure I come to you for the in and outs of the game from now on know it all.

Your analogy is sometimes correct but not most of the time. Explain false starts or offsides or holding or or or...

hermhater
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
You just can't have a discussion without insulting someone can you? I do my best work from the couch I'll have you! I'll make sure I come to you for the in and outs of the game from now on know it all.

Your analogy is sometimes correct but not most of the time. Explain false starts or offsides or holding or or or...

Hey that was pretty tame in my opinion, guy!

Canada likes me, and calls me names all the time!!!

:lol:

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 05:40 PM

I know this which is why I haven't said anything to him about calling you names. :)

Chiefster
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Tough to do so when watchin this crap week after week, month after month and year after year!!!!

Oh so true man!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 05:44 PM

No I know it's no big deal but he and I have a history and since he knows more about everything he likes to jab at me. It's cool. Trust me, I wish it were allowed but it's not so we abide.

Canada
11-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Where did I call you a name?? U asked how dumb you have to be to hit a guy in the back. I explained it...now you have to go off that I called you names?? :sign0098:

Canada
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
No I know it's no big deal but he and I have a history and since he knows more about everything he likes to jab at me. It's cool. Trust me, I wish it were allowed but it's not so we abide.

Jab....like starting a thread talkin about you?? Or do I just sarcastically "know everything" because I don't agree with you?

hermhater
11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Where did I call you a name?? U asked how dumb you have to be to hit a guy in the back. I explained it...now you have to go off that I called you names?? :sign0098:

Actually, it was me that brought up calling names.

He said you insulted him.

Semantics I guess!

:D

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 05:49 PM
The post says nothing about calling names. I was referring to your comment about sittin on the couch. I was half joking dude. Chill!:sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Jab....like starting a thread talkin about you?? Or do I just sarcastically "know everything" because I don't agree with you?
That thread wasn't an insult to you or luv. Just something I read about you guys not liking people bashing players or coaches. Luv seemed to understand. I was trying to get one of you to be critical or find fault with something on our dismal team.

Canada
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM

That thread wasn't an insult to you or luv. Just something I read about you guys not liking people bashing players or coaches. Luv seemed to understand. I was trying to get one of you to be critical or find fault with something on our dismal team.

I have never had a problem with "constructive Criticism" of players coaches management or anything else. It is the "bashing" that gets old. If I wanted to hear players on the Chiefs getting bashed I would go to a faders site. Anyways....I still don't see what you are all wound up about!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I have never had a problem with "constructive Criticism" of players coaches management or anything else. It is the "bashing" that gets old. If I wanted to hear players on the Chiefs getting bashed I would go to a faders site. Anyways....I still don't see what you are all wound up about!
Uhhhh, because we suck!!! Isn't that enough? Oh yea....WE LOST TO THE RAIDERS!!!!!

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Uhhhh, because we suck!!! Isn't that enough? Oh yea....WE LOST TO THE RAIDERS!!!!!

Well, it is great to have you here to constantly remind us that the team sucks!! Great to have you aboard!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, it is great to have you here to constantly remind us that the team sucks!! Great to have you aboard!! :bananen_smilies046:
Your right, I'm the only one! LMAO!!! The truth hurts I know! Reality is my middle name.

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Your right, I'm the only one! LMAO!!! The truth hurts I know! Reality is my middle name.

....again....great to have you here to remind us!! I don't remember saying you were the only one. Can you quote what I say instead of making it up next time?!?

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Never misquoted ya bud. Can you please put a positive spin on our 4-7 season? Wait Wait....Smith looked good yesterday right. D Bowe was a good pick up. Croyle didn't lose the game for us. Priest came back for a couple games. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Our TEAM is in shambles right now and I'm suppose to be happy???? We help pay these people's salaries and I'll ***** till they fix it!

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Never misquoted ya bud. Can you please put a positive spin on our 4-7 season? Wait Wait....Smith looked good yesterday right. D Bowe was a good pick up. Croyle didn't lose the game for us. Priest came back for a couple games. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Our TEAM is in shambles right now and I'm suppose to be happy???? We help pay these people's salaries and I'll ***** till they fix it!

If wins are the only thing that keep you as a fan year in and year out then how can you be unhappy with one of the winningest franchises in NFL history?? Iknow I know, not enough playoffs not enough Super Bowls blah blah blah...go be a Colts fan or a Pats fan if you want wins, and when that slows down you can come back and be a Chiefs fan when we start winning again. I hear you saying you pay these peoples salaries...what percentage do you pay?? How about keeping your complaining on par with that cause from the sh!t I hear you spew you must be paying millions a year to the team!!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
If wins are the only thing that keep you as a fan year in and year out then how can you be unhappy with one of the winningest franchises in NFL history?? Iknow I know, not enough playoffs not enough Super Bowls blah blah blah...go be a Colts fan or a Pats fan if you want wins, and when that slows down you can come back and be a Chiefs fan when we start winning again. I hear you saying you pay these peoples salaries...what percentage do you pay?? How about keeping your complaining on par with that cause from the sh!t I hear you spew you must be paying millions a year to the team!!
You pay them too with all that stuff in your house, I mean garage.

I'm a fan because I'm a fan. Grew up that way. In the blood. That's why I get pissed! You keep being satisfied bud. It's your right. I will not. I don't wear the rosie glasses like some and some don't like the reality I speak but it's the truth! I'm not going to sugar coat things.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I missed the positive spin.

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
You pay them too with all that stuff in your house, I mean garage.

I'm a fan because I'm a fan. Grew up that way. In the blood. That's why I get pissed! You keep being satisfied bud. It's your right. I will not. I don't wear the rosie glasses like some and some don't like the reality I speak but it's the truth! I'm not going to sugar coat things.

Call it what you will. We have a good rookie WR, we have a good tight end we have good RBs our defense is getting better than it has been in years. Why is it so wrong to look at something positive? Do you think I am happy that we are 4-7?? Do you think I am happy that we losr to the raiders?? The only people who seem happy about that sh!t are the ones who can sit here and say I told ya so. That gets real old real fast man. I am down to five Chiefs games left this year. Why would I try to spend the next five weeks convincing myself that we have no chance. That sounds like a ****ty way to support your team. But to each his own. Do your thing man :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
You know what else gets old. When fans don't come to reality and speak up about their team not doing enough to win. You never heard me say I told you so but you know I was saying this was going to happen from the get go. I get sick of people that root for the same team I do try and convince me that we are going to be soooooo good when I know damn good and well we are not.

I still cheer every Sunday but am never surprised when we snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory! Geezes dude!!!! IMO, positivity ALL THE DAMN TIME isn't a good thing! And I'm a pretty positive person in everyday life. I have no worries in life but when it comes to the Chiefs, I get absolutely pissed to the point that it ruins my week! They are the only stress I have!

We don't have a chance man! Our division is sooooo bad and we are 3 games out with five to go and the wild card sure as hell ain't comin from our division! At this point I try and spend my time watchin the games and while still cheering for a win, look to see what we need to improve. Not that mine or any of our opinions matter but.....

hermhater
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
You know what else gets old. When fans don't come to reality and speak up about their team not doing enough to win. You never heard me say I told you so but you know I was saying this was going to happen from the get go. I get sick of people that root for the same team I do try and convince me that we are going to be soooooo good when I know damn good and well we are not.

I still cheer every Sunday but am never surprised when we snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory! Geezes dude!!!! IMO, positivity ALL THE DAMN TIME isn't a good thing! And I'm a pretty positive person in everyday life. I have no worries in life but when it comes to the Chiefs, I get absolutely pissed to the point that it ruins my week! They are the only stress I have!

We don't have a chance man! Our division is sooooo bad and we are 3 games out with five to go and the wild card sure as hell ain't comin from our division! At this point I try and spend my time watchin the games and while still cheering for a win, look to see what we need to improve. Not that mine or any of our opinions matter but.....

The team is not the problem. It is the head coach, and GM.

By the way we are only 2 games out of first!

How's that for a positive spin?

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:52 PM

Someone has to do it to offset all the negativity. Just doin my part. and we are 2 games out with the division leader in our house next week. I have no problem with people pointing out the things wrong with the team, but you start takin shots at me (and others) who are not negative about the team. Just because I don't ***** and complain every week dosen't mean i don't think we need to make improvements.

By the way...your whole first paragraph wreaks of "I told ya so"

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Someone has to do it to offset all the negativity. Just doin my part. and we are 2 games out with the division leader in our house next week. I have no problem with people pointing out the things wrong with the team, but you start takin shots at me (and others) who are not negative about the team. Just because I don't ***** and complain every week dosen't mean i don't think we need to make improvements.

And all of yours wreak of "We're the best team in the league"

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:55 PM

We are!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
11-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Personally I think we are the best team in the league, if you get rid of the no scoring mentality of Herm.

I think the guy is actually coming around though, the past few weeks he has been saying we need to score points.

7 years as head coach in the league and he is just now figuring this out.

He still has to implement it though, and get points early, instead of trying to play catch up.

Air the ball out HERM!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

My bad, two games out and 3-5 in the conference. Bottom line is we have to overcome 2 teams at this point instead of just one as it has been for most of the season.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
We are!! :bananen_smilies046:
Exactly my point!

Canada
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
My bad, two games out and 3-5 in the conference. Bottom line is we have to overcome 2 teams at this point instead of just one as it has been for most of the season.

It is not the ideal situation, but I am not losing hope yet.

hermhater
11-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Well luckily Shanahan is making the same mistakes as Herm this year, so as long as Turner reverts to his old ways we still got a shot at this thing!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

By the way, I am disgusted with this record, we should be 7-4 if it wasn't for Herm.

Maybe even 9-2 if Jared hadn't been out the first two games.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
It is not the ideal situation, but I am not losing hope yet.
What do you mean yet???? Dude we could be Miami and you would still have hope! "Keep hope alive"

hermhater
11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
What do you mean yet???? Dude we could be Miami and you would still have hope! "Keep hope alive"

With 5 games left in the season, two division games against leaders, you still think we are in as bad a spot as the Dolphins?

You lost me there bud.

The Chiefs still have hope, even if you don't.

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 07:08 PM
With 5 games left in the season, two division games against leaders, you still think we are in as bad a spot as the Dolphins?

You lost me there bud.

The Chiefs still have hope, even if you don't.
NO NO. I was just saying it wouldn't matter how far back we were, Canada would still think we could pull it out. Easy Herm, don't get all defensive on me now!!!:D

hermhater
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
NO NO. I was just saying it wouldn't matter how far back we were, Canada would still think we could pull it out. Easy Herm, don't get all defensive on me now!!!:D

You were doing so good, and then you had to go and call me the worst name out there!!!

:mob: :lol:

Canada
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM

I still don't get why you think that is a bad thing?? How dare I hope for a team that is not in first!!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I still don't get why you think that is a bad thing?? How dare I hope for a team that is not in first!!
Ohhhh Canada, our homer native land..... LOL!:D :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Ohhhh Canada, our homer native land..... LOL!:D :bananen_smilies046:

Your new Patriots jersey is in the mail!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Your new Patriots jersey is in the mail!! :bananen_smilies046:
Why? I don't cheer for the Patriots! I just picked them.:sign0098:

Coach
11-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Just because I don't ***** and complain every week dosen't mean i don't think we need to make improvements.

AMEN! Unfortunately for some the glass will always be half empty!

DrunkHillbilly
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
AMEN! Unfortunately for some the glass will always be half empty!
I call it like I see it! Mediocrity is not an option!

hermhater
11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I call it like I see it! Mediocrity is not an option!

Shut your hole and go play poker!

Guru
11-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Have I mentioned that I HATE HERMAN EDWARDS?

hermhater
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Have I mentioned that I HATE HERMAN EDWARDS?

I hate him more guy!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

Guru
11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I hate him more guy!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

You might outweigh me on the Herm hate but I outrank you on the Carl HATE for certain.:D:mob::mob::mob:

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 12:21 AM
You might outweigh me on the Herm hate but I outrank you on the Carl HATE for certain.:D:mob::mob::mob:

I outweigh you both in the Herm and Carl HATE! :p :D

hermhater
11-27-2007, 12:24 AM

I have had disdain for Carl for many years.

This passionate hate for Herm started slightly less longer so you win.

But I really hate Herm.

The way he played off losing Trent last year solidified it for me.

I watched him ruin the Jet's QB's his last year in New York, and that got me burning. Last year made me explode!!!

He either doesn't see, or doesn't care that he is ruining offensive players careers, and it makes my blood boil!!!!

:mob::mob::mob:

Guru
11-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I have had disdain for Carl for many years.

This passionate hate for Herm started slightly less longer so you win.

But I really hate Herm.

The way he played off losing Trent last year solidified it for me.

I watched him ruin the Jet's QB's his last year in New York, and that got me burning. Last year made me explode!!!

He either doesn't see, or doesn't care that he is ruining offensive players careers, and it makes my blood boil!!!!

:mob::mob::mob:

Don't forget the spin he does after every loss. He will probably run for office and lose too.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Don't forget the spin he does after every loss. He will probably run for office and lose too.

...Wonder who he threw under the bus this time.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 12:43 AM

...Wonder who he threw under the bus this time.

This week it was unbelievably the best player on the field.

He blamed the O line and Kolby Smith.

He said he wanted to put the pressure on the O line, and the running back.

He wasn't gonna put that pressure on Rayner.

And then stated the obvious once again.

If you can't make 1 yard in this league blah, blah, blah...

I didn't lose this game it was the players, and the kicker, and the officials (he's right about that one though)...

Guru
11-27-2007, 12:44 AM

I didn't lose this game it was the players, and the kicker, and the officials (he's right about that one though)...

Herm doesn't watch the NFL much does he. I have seen tons of teams NOT make 4th and ONE.

It helps if you don't call the play that every team out there KNOWS you are going to call Herm!!!!!:mob:

hermhater
11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
I wish I could get access to his in game microphone.

Man that would be sweet to post online...

This is getting ridiculous.

I'm with DrunkHillbilly on the fact that the Chiefs are stinkin' it up, but I disagree that it is the players (minus the dropped passes, they are completely at fault for that), and put the blame squarely on the front office, and the coaches!!!

Especially CARL and HERM!!!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Herm doesn't watch the NFL much does he. I have seen tons of teams NOT make 4th and ONE.

It helps if you don't call the play that every team out there KNOWS you are going to call Herm!!!!!:mob:

Exactly!

Oh, what are we talking about Herm isn't responsible for anything but the four games we won. :rolleyes:

luv
11-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Personally I think we are the best team in the league, if you get rid of the no scoring mentality of Herm.

I think the guy is actually coming around though, the past few weeks he has been saying we need to score points.

7 years as head coach in the league and he is just now figuring this out.

He still has to implement it though, and get points early, instead of trying to play catch up.

Air the ball out HERM!!!!

We had the points early on Sunday. We actually scored a TD in the first quarter.

anaeelbackwards
11-27-2007, 02:09 AM
We had the points early on Sunday. We actually scored a TD in the first quarter.

haha the day the offense shows up and provide some points, the defense decides they want to slack off, and give up major yardage to fargas.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:10 AM
And we were lucky to get those points.

This was a breakdown on both teams defense.

Ours was slightly worse in the 4th quarter.

luv
11-27-2007, 02:13 AM
We don't suck.

1. We have been playing conservatively. Mostly due to Herm's inexperience dealing with offense.

2. We have a lot of young players getting their first starts and making typical rookie mistakes (that cannot be "blamed" on Herm).

I think the team has potential. I don't wear rose-colored glasses. I'm not afraid to point out faults when I see them in either players or coaches. I do also try to praise when I see something I like as well, though.

chief31
11-27-2007, 02:15 AM

Few people bother to avoid bashing Damon Huard, despite the fact that his replacement is looking identical, so far. When you bash one player, there could easily be someone who is willing to stick-up for them.

Well, the coaches do get some of the blame for mentally unprepared players. Rather it would be because the coach needs to be more active in sharpening players' awareness, or because he is putting players on the field, who aren't capable of doing their job without those mistakes.

Not to disagree, entirely, the player is the one who lost his concentration between the huddle and the snap, causing an off-sides penalty.

They had already made 250+ yards, hadn't they?

luv
11-27-2007, 02:16 AM
And we were lucky to get those points.

This was a breakdown on both teams defense.

Ours was slightly worse in the 4th quarter.
I don't think we were lucky to get the first TD. I do believe we were lucky to get the second. We started off really well, and I felt good about the game. Towards the end of the first half, I could see our defense steadily go downhill. Our offense followed suit in the second half.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:17 AM
We don't suck.

1. We have been playing conservatively. Mostly due to Herm's inexperience dealing with offense.

2. We have a lot of young players getting their first starts and making typical rookie mistakes (that cannot be "blamed" on Herm).

I think the team has potential. I don't wear rose-colored glasses. I'm not afraid to point out faults when I see them in either players or coaches. I do also try to praise when I see something I like as well, though.

Thank you for putting it mildly, and you are exactly right.

With the defense we have, we should be able to score 20 points in the first half and not worry.

Let your young guys play football Herm.

Herm does have offensive experience because he has talked to a lot of QB's!

luv
11-27-2007, 02:18 AM
They had already made 250+ yards, hadn't they?
Yes. We completely dominated offensively for most of the game.

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:20 AM
haha the day the offense shows up and provide some points, the defense decides they want to slack off, and give up major yardage to fargas.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that we actually scored seventeen points.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't think we were lucky to get the first TD. I do believe we were lucky to get the second. We started off really well, and I felt good about the game. Towards the end of the first half, I could see our defense steadily go downhill. Our offense followed suit in the second half.

Kolby ran for about 2/3's of his yards in the first half, if not more.

I guess your right though, neither of the TD's were easy.

luv
11-27-2007, 02:23 AM
Let your young guys play football Herm.

There's an argument to be made there too.

Side A: We are prety much out of contention, so we need to let these young 'uns have their chance. Let's see what they've got.

(I've actually liked what I've seen out of most of our young ones, so I tend to be for this side, myself).

Side B: We are still in contention, so we need to play things safe. Let's focus on trying not to lose. You do that by putting in your more experienced vets.

luv
11-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Kolby ran for about 2/3's of his yards in the first half, if not more.

I guess your right though, neither of the TD's were easy.
The first one was on the goal line that I can see well from our seats. That was so neat to watch him stretch like that before going down. So nice!

anaeelbackwards
11-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see that we actually scored seventeen points.

i guess all phases of our team can never be on the same page. it either has to be one or the other.

i really did not think we'd be 4-7 at this point of time. but yet we are still only down a game or two.

:beer:

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:25 AM

Side A: We are prety much out of contention, so we need to let these young 'uns have their chance. Let's see what they've got.

(I've actually liked what I've seen out of most of our young ones, so I tend to be for this side, myself).

Side B: We are still in contention, so we need to play things safe. Let's focus on trying not to lose. You do that by putting in your more experienced vets.

The only vets we have left are super stars.

Play the starters Herm, quit making excuses!!!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:27 AM

Playing not to lose rather then playing to win is the problem.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:29 AM

Who will post the video of LJ mocking Herm first?

anaeelbackwards
11-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Who will post the video of LJ mocking Herm first?

i think that video has made its way on here a couple of times.

hermhater
11-27-2007, 02:35 AM

i think that video has made its way on here a couple of times.

Yeah but Herm hasn't seen it yet I guess....

YouTube - LJ Mocks Herm

Herm hates to play to win the game!!!

Chiefster
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah but Herm hasn't seen it yet I guess....

YouTube - LJ Mocks Herm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imFAR8ypw2c)

Herm hates to play to win the game!!!

Heh!:lol:

Yep, he plays to not lose.