PDA

View Full Version : Postgame vs Ravens D players should talk more

matthewschiefs
09-19-2021, 11:53 PM
This one hurts

I am going to try to control my anger. I have heard members of this teams D talk and talk. Then they play like that. You can hope that tonight lets them know that they are not nearly as good as they think they are. But I can't say I have faith that is going to happen.

Turnovers are a killer. Both Mahomes and Clyde learned that lesson tonight. Mahomes finally paid the price for one of those showing off throws and that was a huge reason in why the Ravens won. He has been lucky so far tonight that luck ran out.

The O line showed some of their youth tonight. The poor snap killed a drive and any points that we might have had from that drive. And we needed those points. You had to know they would pop up at times this year. But damn it doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

The Chiefs are 1-1 and that's what they should be. But the results should have been different in the games. We were outplayed for most of last weeks game and turnovers saved us. We outplayed the Ravens for a lot of the game tonight but turnovers made us pay the price.

The Chiefs have to wash this one quick. I can't say I have high hopes right now frustrating loss for sure. But our Defense right now seems like it's going to once again be what cost us in the end. Hopefully they get things figured out but they are going to have to prove it to me. ON to the next one

Eydugstr
09-20-2021, 10:13 AM
Fun game to watch...up until the part where we lost. Having Mathieu back was great, and Kelce's long TD was awesome to watch.

A lot of people are going to point fingers at the interception, or at CEH's fumble, and while neither are something that we want to see again, it's going to happen. How many picks did Lamar Jackson throw last night? They fumbled at bad times as well but were lucky enough to recover.

What concerns me the most is what's going on with our D's (lack of) game planning and our D line roster shuffle. At times we acted like we were surprised Lamar Jackson was going to run the ball. Really?!? Not sure that moving Chris Jones to DE has worked out, and beginning to wonder if it's a situation where moving him actually turned a strength into a weakness. All of this falls on the coaches. A fumble or INT is one thing, but to go into game like that thinking "We'll just react to what they do as the game goes along..." Good teams will win against that, and great teams will shred it.

Seek
09-20-2021, 11:30 AM
the stacking the box and man to man was horrific. To many times did our guys crash the line to be blocked out of the play.

TopekaRoy
09-24-2021, 07:01 AM
the stacking the box and man to man was horrific. To many times did our guys crash the line to be blocked out of the play.

I saw this a lot, last Sunday. Many times the Chiefs would be on the Ravens side of the Line of scrimmage and the ball carrier would be 8-10 yards down field right after the snap. It seemed like the Chiefs were TOO aggressive and there was no gap discipline. To run the ball effectively, you don't have to block everyone. You just have to block the 2 or 3 guys who are closest to the ball carrier. The Ravens did that effectively. And the tackling sucked!