PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Josh Gordon plans to sign with Chiefs

Coach
09-27-2021, 04:38 PM
By Josh Alper (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/27/josh-gordon-plans-to-sign-with-chiefs/)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/09/GettyImages-1187432211-e1632773410930.jpg?w=832&h=468&crop=1
Wide receiver Josh Gordon‘s next comeback bid will take place with the Chiefs. Gordon’s agents said, via Adam Schefter of ESPN, that their client is headed to Kansas City and plans to sign with the Chiefs. The NFL told Gordon last week that he is being reinstated from his latest suspension. Gordon’s lates suspension went [more] Read more… (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/27/josh-gordon-plans-to-sign-with-chiefs/)

Seek
09-27-2021, 10:37 PM
Not a fan of this move unless they cut Kemp or D rob to make the roster spot

Seek
09-28-2021, 10:03 AM
so he is signed to the practice squad. I am sure to get up and running and learn the play book etc... He may never make it off the practice squad.

Chiefs4life24
09-28-2021, 03:10 PM
Not a fan of this move cause you never know when he might be suspended again. It seems light putting fuel on a fire. Seems like Veach is focusing on the wrong side of the ball.

Eydugstr
09-29-2021, 12:10 PM
Think it's a move on Veach's part to fire up the locker room at the WR position. Just don't see Josh Gordon getting Reid's playbook down anytime soon, so it'll be a few plays then we'll see Kemp or D-Rob rotated right back in.

My hope is that Veach invests more in the defensive side of the ball in next year's draft. Spags needs some help.

Chiefs4life24
10-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Think it's a move on Veach's part to fire up the locker room at the WR position. Just don't see Josh Gordon getting Reid's playbook down anytime soon, so it'll be a few plays then we'll see Kemp or D-Rob rotated right back in.

My hope is that Veach invests more in the defensive side of the ball in next year's draft. Spags needs some help.

This is the last year we'll see Frank Clark in a Chiefs uniform, And I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Jones slide back inside by the bye if he hasn't adjusted by then.

Look for us to draft an Edge with the 1st pick in the draft next year, at this point we need a couple edge players in the draft.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they let Ward and Fenton Both Walk, Plus Baker and Hughes deales are up next year too. So we need a multitude of CB's either from the draft or Free Agency.

Eydugstr
10-02-2021, 08:43 PM
This is the last year we'll see Frank Clark in a Chiefs uniform, And I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Jones slide back inside by the bye if he hasn't adjusted by then.

Look for us to draft an Edge with the 1st pick in the draft next year, at this point we need a couple edge players in the draft.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they let Ward and Fenton Both Walk, Plus Baker and Hughes deales are up next year too. So we need a multitude of CB's either from the draft or Free Agency.

Would definitely agree on a lot of that. Clark didn't do himself any favors. While I think it's great we fixed the Oline it put us back in the same boat we were in before, no real pass rush and a very up/down secondary. CJ not sure about yet, but so far moving him to edge hasn't panned out.

About the only thing I'd disagree with is Ward, mainly because he's turned into a good cb, and this front office tends to stick with what they have at cb or wr, rather than risk a pick.