PDA

View Full Version : One Question?

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I think we can all say that we have been through thick and thing with these Chiefs and no one wants to give up on them. However, how can you expect a team to win championships when your head coach is not a championship coach. When you hire a coach that has 50 percent winning percentage you can expect your team to end up 50-50 as well. Sure we'll have some 10-6 seasons and maybe even a 11-5 season he had them in New York, he also had a lot of bad seasons there too. His resume doesn't warrent Championships it warrants mediocrity. So I ask is Herm going to take us to the promise land?

anaeelbackwards
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I think we can all say that we have been through thick and thing with these Chiefs and no one wants to give up on them. However, how can you expect a team to win championships when your head coach is not a championship coach. When you hire a coach that has 50 percent winning percentage you can expect your team to end up 50-50 as well. Sure we'll have some 10-6 seasons and maybe even a 11-5 season he had them in New York, he also had a lot of bad seasons there too. His resume doesn't warrent Championships it warrants mediocrity. So I ask is Herm going to take us to the promise land?

this season no.... and if we still have the same mentality as we do now, then no way.... he needs to change some of his coachin ways and needs a better playbook.

greg3564
11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
So I ask is Herm going to take us to the promise land?

In one word, No.

tammietailgator
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Can't say I wouldn't do a little victory dance or sing a song if he does.... but think I will just start working on next years dance

McLovin
11-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Can't say I wouldn't do a little victory dance or sing a song if he does.... but think I will just start working on next years dance

If that dance involves a table or pole, caint we jest pertend that he did. Ohh and don't ferget da webcam.

LOL j/k

Missin Gardner, next time in town I am gonna have to head back to the Tumbleweed. :P

Guru
11-29-2007, 12:23 AM

What did Marty's winning percentage get us? No Superbowls.

hermhater
11-29-2007, 12:26 AM

God, if only Dicky had shown up in the 90's while we the the D, we would have had 2 or 3 Super Bowls at least.

Sigh...

kcchiefsfan
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Well obviously not this year... he overall is 39-41 which is a 0.4875 winning record.

Hope better plays are called next season!!

nigeriannightmare
11-29-2007, 05:20 PM
He may not have won superbowls, but we won games and a lot of them, had a long streak of playoff apperances under him and playing ball at Arrowhead meant something. Marty also isn't a championship caliber coach, but BILL COWHER is!

DrunkHillbilly
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Playoffs are better than this crap everyday of the week!!

Canada
11-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Playoffs are better than this crap everyday of the week!!

Weren't you one of the ones against mediocre football. Just making the playoffs is mediocre football is it not??

DrunkHillbilly
11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Weren't you one of the ones against mediocre football. Just making the playoffs is mediocre football is it not??
Not at all. If you make the playoffs, you are one of the top teams in the league. Are you going to tell me that you would rather finish with 4-6 wins which is where we will be at the end of the year, rather than make the playoffs?

Canada
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Not at all. If you make the playoffs, you are one of the top teams in the league. Are you going to tell me that you would rather finish with 4-6 wins which is where we will be at the end of the year, rather than make the playoffs?

I am not saying that at all, I heard a lot of argument here earlier that we would be better off stinkin up the season so that we could draft and become a great team instead of a mediocre team that makes the playoffs and gets bounced. Thought it might have been you involved since it was a controvesial topic. I know texaschief was one of them and he is an *** so I figured you would be the other!! :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I am not saying that at all, I heard a lot of argument here earlier that we would be better off stinkin up the season so that we could draft and become a great team instead of a mediocre team that makes the playoffs and gets bounced. Thought it might have been you involved since it was a controvesial topic. I know texaschief was one of them and he is an *** so I figured you would be the other!! :lol:

No, I wasn't on board with that theory! I just had a discussion with Guru I believe about this. I will take the playoffs all day long over not making them. Even if we get bounced early.

Coach
11-29-2007, 10:02 PM

I've heard a lot of this as well.

hermhater
11-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I've heard a lot of this as well.

Makes me sick.

McLovin
11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Nope I was the other. Surprised you missed that.

Canada
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Nope I was the other. Surprised you missed that.

Why do you talk to me? smilie giving finger

Chiefster
11-29-2007, 11:21 PM

For the first time ever my "8" ball has said "No"; it is indeed a sad, sad day in the history of all humanity, Captain Obvious! :D

hermhater
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
For the first time ever my "8" ball has said "No"; it is indeed a sad, sad day in the history of all humanity, Captain Obvious! :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/212.jpg

Chiefster
11-29-2007, 11:27 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/212.jpg

Heh! :lol::lol:

Scaled down, that would make a great sig!

Chiefster
11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Here it is for anyone who wants it! :D

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5648/captobviousbannerkindabha3.jpg

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 01:57 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

You need to past Herm's face into the graphic...

Guru
11-30-2007, 02:10 AM

I can live with a few crappy seasons followed up by a superbowl win. making the playoffs every year and losing the first game every year is not cutting it.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Heh! I'm not that puter savvy.

I can live with a few crappy seasons followed up by a superbowl win. making the playoffs every year and losing the first game every year is not cutting it.

Absolutely agree!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
He may not have won superbowls, but we won games and a lot of them, had a long streak of playoff apperances under him and playing ball at Arrowhead meant something. Marty also isn't a championship caliber coach, but BILL COWHER is!
SEE SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME>>>:lol:

hermhater
12-01-2007, 12:24 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Here ya go!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/1.jpg

:lol: