PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Vs Packers

matthewschiefs
11-07-2021, 07:43 PM
Well I really don't know what to say. I don't think the Chiefs would have won that game if they had Aaron Rodgers going against them.

Defense It wasn't against Rodgers so you have to take that in account. But a really good effort. Got a couple of Sacks and turnovers which were not happening against anyone at the start of the season. So that is progress. But that being said It would have been far more convincing if they had done that against Aaron Rodgers and not against a guy making his first NFL start.

Let me ask again WHY IN THE WORLD was Sorenson getting time again? They got the one score they got against him. At this point I can't even be mad at Sorenson anymore. He is trying. You have to be mad at Andy and Spaggs for keeping him on the field. There is 0 defense for it. He just isn't getting the job done. And we don't have to play him.

Offense more of the same that we have seen all year. It wasn't good. Playcalling is still a major issue. And it's not just me calling this out. Troy Aikman did on multiple times. And https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1457488783180509185 so was someone who has played the game. They have to change the offense. What we are seeing just isn't working and it's not going to start. DO SOMETHING for crying out loud.

Man did ST play a major role in that game. Getting that block FG was big and they got a turnover on ST as well. ST can be a big part of why you win or lose and they were today. The Chiefs ST unit was the biggest plus for the Chiefs today. Hats off to them,

Today was the first game that we did not turn the ball over. So even in a lackluster offensive effort there is something that they can take away from this game on the plus side. Hopefully they can build on that and preform better next week.

It's on the Vegas and back in the division. With how things have played out this year the AFC is still very open for the Chiefs. Lets hope they get the job done. GO CHIEFS

Eydugstr
11-08-2021, 07:07 PM
Welp we won again...by the skin of our arses, but we won. If Rodgers had been playing don't think we'd be enjoying a team victory, though.

ST really picked it up this game. Really great play both by the return and kicking teams. Butker seemed unaffected by the windy conditions.

Defense did better this game. Spags looked like he showed up with a game plan, but why were we struggling so much at times, if we're a SB bound team? Next offseason the front office really needs to focus on getting Spags some help. We can complain about Sorenson all we want to but there's a reason that we're seeing him week after week after week. It's the coaching staff's way of saying we don't have anyone on the roster that's clearly better. Getting Melvin Ingram is nice but there's little the front office can do right now, so that's why I'm not expecting stellar improvement from this D.

Offensively...we really look horrible. But unlike the defense, think it's a case of a great offense going through a self-induced slump. Commentators have been saying this year the coaching staff set out to be more conservative, but running a Joe Pendry-ish offense with a QB like Mahomes simply isn't working out as advertised. It wasn't until we made that last first down that we saw anything that resembled the offense we had in 2020. Fortunately, the things that we are getting killed by (bad playcalling, dropped passes, and false starts) are things we can recover from but it's a question of the coaches and players making up their minds to do so. And we really need to dig deep because in the next eight games, seven are against AFC opponents.