PDA

View Full Version : Postgame @ Raiders MUCH NEEDED WIN

matthewschiefs
11-14-2021, 11:37 PM
Well well well as poorly as the Chiefs have looked at times this year they are now in 1st place.

Offense. Looked like the Kansas City Chiefs offense. Kelce and Hill were both on something that we haven't seen in a while. Something of note The O line was pretty damn good tonight. Only 1 flag on them tonight and that was very early. Just an overall great night. Mahomes did force a couple but if you are up more than 2 scores I am ok with a risk or 2.

Defense. Pretty solid game. It's real nice to see them getting some pressure on QBs. As I said in the game thread I don't think that we have seen them get that much pressure on a QB in a long time. And even when they did have a big play go against them they didn't quit on the play and were able to force a fumble. That's not something that we have seen them do this year. They shut down a pretty solid running game. All of these are huge things. And hopefully they are a sign of things to come.

You know what good for Daniel Sorensen on getting the pick. Lets be real he has had a horrible season and lost his job and didn't get a lot of playing time until late in the game. Good for something to go right for him. He needed that. Still don't want to see him back in the normal lineups the way the D played tonight but good for him.

The only gripe I have with the game is ball security is still an issue it seems. They lost a fumble on a return and Hill fumbled but was able to get it back. They have got to get that figured out. We have seen that way to much this season.

Coaching. I have been very willing to blast my frustrations with the coaching staff this week. Tonight I have nothing to gripe about. This is the team we expect to see they didn't have a ton of flags and they didn't look lost. Props to Andy and his staff. Hope to see more of that.

It's on to the Cowboys. Hopefully they are able to build on this week. Back in 1st place all of the goals they have are still right in front of them. As poor as they have looked they are still very much in the running to go back to the super bowl. Tonight was a major step in that direction. GO CHIEFS

TopekaRoy
11-15-2021, 12:39 AM
This looked much more like the team that went to the last 2 Super Bowls. They are not there, yet, but they are getting closer. The defense is showing improvement every week over the last 3 weeks. The offense has struggled lately until tonight but they started the season well and I wasn't worried about them coming back up to an elite level. Getting Clyde back should help and if Gordon ever gets worked in, it can only make our offense better. This is what I expected to see the last 2 weeks. Our offense struggled in those games but we were able to come out with wins.

Offensively, Mahomes was his old self. He passed for 406 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT's and had a passer rating of 127.6. Outstanding. The Chiefs passed the ball 51 times and ran it 25 times. That 2-1 ratio is just about right for this team. They might run it a little more or pass it a little more depending on the strengths and weaknesses of opposing defenses, but I wouldn't stray too much from that. Even though they struggled to run the ball (3.8 YPC), they need to stay committed to the run, because it makes it harder to defend the pass and that's were we make our bread and butter.

Defensively, we are seeing the Chiefs slowly return to their Super Bowl form. They still have a ways to go but they are moving in the right direction. Getting Ingram allowed Jones to move back inside where he shines and I think that is going to pay off big time down the road. The defense only forced 2 turnovers and had 2 sacks, but they were very effective at killing drives and that is the most important thing for a defense. With our offense clicking they don't have to be the '85 Bears D. They just have to not throw the game away.

Looking ahead, the Chiefs are 6-4 and in 1st place with 4 division games left. Take care of the division and they will be fine. Two years ago, the Chiefs were 6-4 and won their next 9 straight games including the Super Bowl. I don't see that happening this year, but if they win the division, at least, who knows how far they can go in the postseason? Things look a lot rosier now than they did when the Chiefs were 3-4 and third in the division. I still think they can have a really good season, but there's is more work to do. The good news is the Chiefs have a great coaching staff, they have been here before and they know what it takes to get the job done. All that matters now is the Cowboys game. Take it one week at a time.

Chiefster
11-15-2021, 08:43 AM
Solid analysis Matt! The only thing I question is being poised to go back to the super bowl. They had a great game last night but they are going to have to put together a string of those in order for me to feel comfortable saying that. Let's concentrate on getting to the playoffs first.
I'll get to you Roy when I have time. 🤔😊

Seek
11-15-2021, 09:02 AM
I'm not giving Sorensen credit.. that throw should have been picked by everyone and he actually stole it from Thornhill. From what I saw of Armani watts... Not sure Sorensen should see the field again.

Chiefster
11-16-2021, 12:12 AM
This looked much more like the team that went to the last 2 Super Bowls. They are not there, yet, but they are getting closer. The defense is showing improvement every week over the last 3 weeks. The offense has struggled lately until tonight but they started the season well and I wasn't worried about them coming back up to an elite level. Getting Clyde back should help and if Gordon ever gets worked in, it can only make our offense better. This is what I expected to see the last 2 weeks. Our offense struggled in those games but we were able to come out with wins.

Offensively, Mahomes was his old self. He passed for 406 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT's and had a passer rating of 127.6. Outstanding. The Chiefs passed the ball 51 times and ran it 25 times. That 2-1 ratio is just about right for this team. They might run it a little more or pass it a little more depending on the strengths and weaknesses of opposing defenses, but I wouldn't stray too much from that. Even though they struggled to run the ball (3.8 YPC), they need to stay committed to the run, because it makes it harder to defend the pass and that's were we make our bread and butter.

Defensively, we are seeing the Chiefs slowly return to their Super Bowl form. They still have a ways to go but they are moving in the right direction. Getting Ingram allowed Jones to move back inside where he shines and I think that is going to pay off big time down the road. The defense only forced 2 turnovers and had 2 sacks, but they were very effective at killing drives and that is the most important thing for a defense. With our offense clicking they don't have to be the '85 Bears D. They just have to not throw the game away.

Looking ahead, the Chiefs are 6-4 and in 1st place with 4 division games left. Take care of the division and they will be fine. Two years ago, the Chiefs were 6-4 and won their next 9 straight games including the Super Bowl. I don't see that happening this year, but if they win the division, at least, who knows how far they can go in the postseason? Things look a lot rosier now than they did when the Chiefs were 3-4 and third in the division. I still think they can have a really good season, but there's is more work to do. The good news is the Chiefs have a great coaching staff, they have been here before and they know what it takes to get the job done. All that matters now is the Cowboys game. Take it one week at a time.

Absolutely agree with 100% of this, stay healthy, stay out of trouble and we still have time for success. What that success will look like and how far we go still remains to be seen. We need to build on our most recent success!

matthewschiefs
11-16-2021, 02:47 AM
Solid analysis Matt! The only thing I question is being poised to go back to the super bowl. They had a great game last night but they are going to have to put together a string of those in order for me to feel comfortable saying that. Let's concentrate on getting to the playoffs first.
I'll get to you Roy when I have time. 樂

I don't think I would say we are poised to be back in the Super Bowl. But we did take a step in that direction still have many steps to go. We have the talent to get there IMO. If you look at our season we should have only 2 losses. If we don't fumble at the end of the Ravens game we win. If we only have half the turnovers we had in the Chargers game we win. Buffalo was far more prepared for us than we were for them ( still peeved I sat in the rain for 5 hours for that) And the Titians was just a clunker that hey every team has. The Titians lost to the Jets and the Bills lost to the Jags. The Chiefs still have a road to get there at the end. Sunday night was a step in that direction now it's simply up to them from the coaches to the players if they keep taking the steps needed to get there. We will find out starting Sunday at Arrowhead

Chiefster
11-16-2021, 08:37 AM
I don't think I would say we are poised to be back in the Super Bowl. But we did take a step in that direction still have many steps to go. We have the talent to get there IMO. If you look at our season we should have only 2 losses. If we don't fumble at the end of the Ravens game we win. If we only have half the turnovers we had in the Chargers game we win. Buffalo was far more prepared for us than we were for them ( still peeved I sat in the rain for 5 hours for that) And the Titians was just a clunker that hey every team has. The Titians lost to the Jets and the Bills lost to the Jags. The Chiefs still have a road to get there at the end. Sunday night was a step in that direction now it's simply up to them from the coaches to the players if they keep taking the steps needed to get there. We will find out starting Sunday at Arrowhead
I believe that anything is possible and very much believe that there is still time for this team to turn things around. I just think that, based on what I have seen out of this team that the probability of Super bowl talk is a bit premature. However, you are right; any win for us at this point is a step in the right direction. I wonder if we would have six wins and own first place in the division had Aaron Rogers not come down with COVID-19. I agree; many more steps to go.