PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Vs Cowboys DEFENDED ARROWHEAD

matthewschiefs
11-21-2021, 07:37 PM
It's really amazing how things have changed from the start of the year to now.

On offense we saw a lot of what we have seen to much this year. Drops leading to a pick Fumbles and so on. It was nice to see Clyde back and he popped some nice runs. Once he really gets going it will only be a huge help to the offense. There was also a Josh Gordon sighting or two even if he did drop one of the passes. Hopefully the bye week they can really get him worked into the offense.

The big change was even making the same mistakes the offense has made all year the defense did not allow the Cowboys to do much with them. I got to give a major tip of the cap to Spaggs as bad as they looked at the start of the year was as good as they looked today. Frank Clark and Chris Jones are both starting to show up in games. And Sneed is becoming a really good CB. The win may not have been the biggest and may not have been pretty at times but man the way that game went was a major step for the defense.

The refs were very flag happy. They have been cracking down on taunting all year but come on man you can't be that soft. The NFL needs to get a grip it's really effecting the games being so flag happy in that regard. But that's just my opinion.

The bye week is here and the Chiefs will head into the bye in 1st place. The way the AFC is playing out the Chiefs are still very much in the hunt for the 1 seed. Now hopefully they get a good weeks rest and come back and pound Denver. Giving Denver a beatdown is never a bad thing if you ask me. If there is a good week to have a bye for the players Thanksgiving week is that. Hopefully they can enjoy it and come out of the bye being the team that we know they can be. Happy Thanksgiving and as always GO CHIEFS. Now I got to go watch a Bulls game as I am sure Roy will to :)

TopekaRoy
11-22-2021, 04:34 AM
The Bulls made me very happy and I needed that after the Bears made me very sad! But what really made me happy was the Chiefs defense today. Dallas came into this game with the highest scoring offense in the NFL and the Chiefs held them to 3 measly field goals. The performance was even more impressive given the fact that our offense couldn't stay on the field in the 2nd half. 5 sacks, 5 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery. It was the defense's most complete and dominating performance of the season. There were question marks about this defense after playing weak (or weakened) offenses the last few games. If those question marks weren't erased last week, they certainly were erased today.

The offense continues to frustrate outside of last week. Dropped passes, fumbles and dumb penalties are hurting them more than the defenses they face. While Coach Reed has done a better job of mixing in the run lately, he still inexplicably abandons it at crucial times. The offense has to play better if we are going to make a deep run in the post-season.

Make no mistake. The Cowboys are a good football team. While I do think they have benefitted from a somewhat soft schedule, there is a reason why they were 8-2. This was a big test for the Chiefs and they passed it, even if it wasn't as "pretty" as we would have liked.

What troubled me most today was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The NFL has taken enforcement of the "taunting" rules to ridiculous levels. It's like when a school gives a student a week's suspension for bringing a plastic squirt gun to school. Nevertheless, the players know that taunting is a "point of emphasis" this year and they have to do a better job of keeping their emotions in check. We're the Chiefs, not the Raiders. There's no excuse for unsportsmanlike conduct.

As it stands now, the Chiefs are the 4th seed in the AFC, but they are only 1 game behind the 1 seed TN Titans (8-3). Remarcable, considering the way the season started. 4 of our remaining 6 games are against division opponents. We play DEN twice, Host the Raiders and @ the Chargers. As I said last week, take care of your division and the Chiefs will be fine. The bye comes at the perfect time. Time to heal and time to be thankful for some good fortune. The Chiefs are in a great position right now. It's time to sprint to the finish line and win the race.

Eydugstr
11-23-2021, 12:41 AM
Great win. Think my favorite part was the look on the Cowboy's faces just before the first half ended. They looked overwhelmed by being at Arrowhead (we usually play them in Dallas) and were stunned by our D.

We got to see a rare thing in the Reid-era Chiefs...a defensively dominated victory. Chris Jones really showed up big, but IMO Sneed and Ward were the ones that stole the show. Both were constantly looking for the ball and making great solo tackles.

Our offense is still misfiring but there were some great plays. Kelce is still a monster threat other teams don't have an answer for. My favorite offensive play was the deep pass to Pringle. Thought it was a great example of making use of another target when Kelce and Hill get blanketed.