PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

sues70
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi guys,
I have visited this site many times, but this is my first post. I'm going to my first game on Sunday. I can't wait!!!!! Is there any tips I need to know? I have a parking pass in Lot Red. I'm only hoping we'll break this losing streak Sunday. If not I'm just going to drink a lot of beer :toast2: Oh wait, I'll probably do that anyway! Go Chiefs!!!!

luv
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi guys,
I have visited this site many times, but this is my first post. I'm going to my first game on Sunday. I can't wait!!!!! Is there any tips I need to know? I have a parking pass in Lot Red. I'm only hoping we'll break this losing streak Sunday. If not I'm just going to drink a lot of beer :toast2: Oh wait, I'll probably do that anyway! Go Chiefs!!!!
Bring something nice and hot to eat! Yell like there's no tomorrow when the defense is on the field.

hermhater
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Sounds like you've got it all figured out already!

Are a local? Where are you coming from? Take the Blue Ridge cut off to get to the stadium! It will save time!

sues70
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm coming from Springfield, MO. We are staying at hotel off of Noland Rd. Thanks for the tip of Blue Rdge Cut Off.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Bring something nice and hot to eat! Yell like there's no tomorrow when the defense is on the field.

This truly is the two most important things you need to know. If you have a voice after the game then you have not done your part. :D

tornadospotter
11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
:bash: Stir up a RED and Gold Tornado of the Chief's stomping the dolts!

tammietailgator
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
You are the 12th player... you have a job to do and that is make as much noise as possible. Beat on the seats in front of you (even if somebody is sitting in them, they will move), and yell at the sametime. DO NOT yell when the Chiefs have the ball. They stop serving beer at the end of the 3rd quarter.... so plan ahead and watch the clock. Come back to this site after the game. We wanna hear about your experience. Oh also, check out the post of super chiefs fans, and keep your eyes out for them. Very cool people.

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 08:40 PM
This truly is the two most important things you need to know. If you have a voice after the game then you have not done your part. :D

Thats funny cause I finally just got my voice back completely from last sundays game!!!!

luv
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm coming from Springfield, MO. We are staying at hotel off of Noland Rd. Thanks for the tip of Blue Rdge Cut Off.
Best way in from Springfield is to take 435N to the Stadium Dr exit and stay right. It exits again off of that and takes you right into Gate 5. Of course, I don't know where Noland road is in comparison. We've been leaving Springfield at 4:30am to caravan up.

YZILLA
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I stay at the Redroof Inn off of Noland . Take Noland South to 40 highway and hang a right it will take you to Sports Nutz . If you go about a block west of Sports Nutz and hang a left at the Flea market it will take you straight to the stadium to parking lot G . get there early like 8 am and wait in line till the gates open . go into lot G and look for a spot up front by the handicap parking . Boomer Grigsby's family tailgates there ( you will see a sign ). Boomer comes out after the game and takes pictures, signs autographs and just hangs out with the crowd ! Hes a super nice guy ! To find Boomers family look for a Big White Ford van . they will have a spot right up front ( about even with the Arrowhead sign on the stadium ). Also they always park right by the Porta-potties which is a huge plus when tailgating when its cold .

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 11:34 PM
I stay at the Redroof Inn off of Noland . Take Noland South to 40 highway and hang a right it will take you to Sports Nutz . If you go about a block west of Sports Nutz and hang a left at the Flea market it will take you straight to the stadium to parking lot G . get there early like 8 am and wait in line till the gates open . go into lot G and look for a spot up front by the handicap parking . Boomer Grigsby's family tailgates there ( you will see a sign ). Boomer comes out after the game and takes pictures, signs autographs and just hangs out with the crowd ! Hes a super nice guy ! To find Boomers family look for a Big White Ford van . they will have a spot right up front ( about even with the Arrowhead sign on the stadium ). Also they always park right by the Porta-potties which is a huge plus when tailgating when its cold .
Hey Y did you eventually get rid of those tickets?

hermhater
11-30-2007, 11:36 PM

Take this guys advice! He knows how to friggin' tailgate!

:sign0098:

YZILLA
11-30-2007, 11:36 PM
nope, now they are souvenir from a game I didn't go to !

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Take this guys advice! He knows how to friggin' tailgate!

:sign0098:
This is true!

I would have liked to go but we are forcast to get 1/2 to 1 inch of ice heresat-sun.

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 11:40 PM
nope, now they are souvenir from a game I didn't go to !
Thats too bad, I cant believe nobody took you up on that offer!!

YZILLA
11-30-2007, 11:43 PM
yeah 15 bucks below face value and a red parking pass included and not one person ! I should have given them to Hermhater rather than let them go to waste .

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah 15 bucks below face value and a red parking pass included and not one person ! I should have given them to Hermhater rather than let them go to waste .
Didnt you offer them for free to anyone? I thought I read that?

YZILLA
11-30-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah I offered them for the cost of the shipping !

Polleo Pit Man
11-30-2007, 11:50 PM
yeah I offered them for the cost of the shipping !
Ya know I guess that is about what the fans not all but obviously there are people so disappointed in our chiefs the wont take free tickets. WOW.

McLovin
12-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I would have loved to take the tickets myself, but I am 7 hours away and cant even afford the gas at the moment to drive their. Plus they are forecasting an ice storm here over the weekend.

Hayvern
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
HAHAHA We were in that Hotel just this last weekend. The Red Roof Inn just off Noland road. I hate Herm Edwards. Flew in all the way from Los Angeles to watch the Chiefs lose... I hate Herm Edwards.

I might have seen you in the hotel, I saw some trucks all ready for tailgating outside. Did I say I hate Herm Edwards?

hermhater
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
HAHAHA We were in that Hotel just this last weekend. The Red Roof Inn just off Noland road. I hate Herm Edwards. Flew in all the way from Los Angeles to watch the Chiefs lose... I hate Herm Edwards.

I might have seen you in the hotel, I saw some trucks all ready for tailgating outside. Did I say I hate Herm Edwards?

Not even nearly enough!!!

:mob:

:lol:

sues70
12-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the info YZILLA, I was wondering if I could go 40 hwy. Ok, now someone has to tell me is the 1/2 to 1 inch ice for KC.

I'm with Luv, I don't care if they are winning or losing, I'm still excited about the game and can't wait. By the way, hey Luv, nice the see a fellow Springfieldian Chiefs fan who also has all that WOMAN POWER!

luv
12-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info YZILLA, I was wondering if I could go 40 hwy. Ok, now someone has to tell me is the 1/2 to 1 inch ice for KC.

I'm with Luv, I don't care if they are winning or losing, I'm still excited about the game and can't wait. By the way, hey Luv, nice the see a fellow Springfieldian Chiefs fan who also has all that WOMAN POWER!
Great to see another Springfieldian on here!

Ice? I thought it was just supposed to rain up there today? What say ye, KC people?