PDA

View Full Version : I am a hypocrite.

McLovin
12-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I decided to sit and write up on why I am so conflicted and feel like a hypocrite right now.

I have been a die hard Chiefs fan for quite some time, I have never let that waiver even during the years of missing the playoffs, yet this year I have been questioning why continue to root for the team, I have called for people to quit going to games, I have hoped for a blackout locally, because I thought that it would change things.
There in lies all the problems, I will elaborate.

1. In the beginning of the year, I wanted Brodie, I called and called for Huard to be benched, I said that I didn't mind if the Chiefs didn't win I wanted Brodie in the game. Now that this has happened I (we?) have started to boycott the organization for making this happen.
a. My reasoning for being upset about and wanting a change though I feel is because it took far too long to get to the point of having Brodie in and also that even after the switch when I was ok with losing games for learning sake but the game against Indy and Oakland we should have won had it not been for Herm Edwards.

2. I have always been a Chiefs fan through thick and thin. The year I was talking about trying to find another team to cheer for.
a. Even though I have talked about trying to find another team, I feel that the reason for me finding this other team was not to replace the Chiefs, as I will always first and foremost root for the Chiefs, but mainly find some team to hope for a Super Bowl team that will give me a reason to watch the Super Bowl this year, If it is that Patriots and Cowboys I will have a hard time watching (although I do like Romo (he is a product of Eastern Illinois which isn't too far from here. ))

I would like to hear some other thoughts on this from some others who are having the same thoughts on boycotting games, and starting to let the enthusiasm for the Chiefs dim this year. Or from those who haven't lost their focus.

Canada
12-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I will never root for a team that is not the Chiefs EVER!!! Call it being a homer, or putting on my magic rosy glasses or whatever the f@#k people call optimistic fans on here. I am all of those things, but first and formost I am a diehard Chiefs fan. I can watch other games and be interested and enjoy watching other teams play but I bleed RED and GOLD and regardless of a bad season, poor coaching, ****ty management or whatever anyone else wants to complain about, I am going to be a CHIEFS fan. That is why they came up with the saying through thick and thin. Welcome to the thin. If you want to watch other teams play then great. You are a football fan like everyone else here. If you want to become a fan of another team and stop liking the Chiefs until they start winning games then you are a bandwagon fan. Fans like that are the reason the term "bandwagon" exists!! I am not judging others fandom as I do not care how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I consider myself a pretty big fan. Before you consider yourself die hard you need to evaluate what you thin a die hard fan is, and whether you are one or not. Die hards don't abandon their team. No matter what!!

tammietailgator
12-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I for one have not lost my focus.... I will always be a die hard Chiefs fan. I could care less if they went 4-11 - That last game, I would be there rooting for my Chiefs - I cant stand it when people leave the game early, I cant even stand it when people aren't yelling at the games. I do love to offer my brightest smile at the idiots glaring at me for yelling all throughout the game :)

I will be a true fan till the end - I will go through football withdraw during the off season and I will wear my red every red friday and on Sunday. I will continue with all of my weird superstitions that helped us win one in my mind. To you all I pledge this. I do not want to see a blackout in KC - These guys still need the fans. I wont be responsible for taking it away from these guys giving it their all... Thats what we should be doing for them! If you question if you should or should not root for the Chiefs, your probably are not a true fan. It should come naturally ;)

hermhater
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
The poor decision making can get a guy down, but that is part of the game.

Sometimes competence shows its face, and other times blatant disregard for the game of Football rears it's ugly head (funny how similar that looks to Herm's ugly mug).

I get down too, but I will never abandon the Chiefs.

I guess I just don't have it in me.

Pro_Angler
12-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I Still Would Rather Have Brodie In There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And To Get Rid Of Printers Was Retarded He Could Have Been The Next Warren Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach
12-02-2007, 10:08 AM
I will never root for a team that is not the Chiefs EVER!!! Call it being a homer, or putting on my magic rosy glasses or whatever the f@#k people call optimistic fans on here. I am all of those things, but first and formost I am a diehard Chiefs fan. I can watch other games and be interested and enjoy watching other teams play but I bleed RED and GOLD and regardless of a bad season, poor coaching, ****ty management or whatever anyone else wants to complain about, I am going to be a CHIEFS fan. That is why they came up with the saying through thick and thin. Welcome to the thin. If you want to watch other teams play then great. You are a football fan like everyone else here. If you want to become a fan of another team and stop liking the Chiefs until they start winning games then you are a bandwagon fan. Fans like that are the reason the term "bandwagon" exists!! I am not judging others fandom as I do not care how you feel about the Chiefs. I know how I feel about the Chiefs and I consider myself a pretty big fan. Before you consider yourself die hard you need to evaluate what you thin a die hard fan is, and whether you are one or not. Die hards don't abandon their team. No matter what!!

I run a Chiefs website and was member #1 here, does that make me a DieHard fan?

DrunkHillbilly
12-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Not necessarily according to some!!

Canada
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM

It's all how you feel about it man. Don't matter what I think of one's fandom!! Although I would say Yes! But only because you run the BEST Chiefs site!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I Still Would Rather Have Brodie In There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And To Get Rid Of Printers Was Retarded He Could Have Been The Next Warren Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Printers is just down the street from me, maybe I could see if he is doing anything today!!

McLovin
12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I bleed RED and GOLD

I bleed red but if your bleeding gold you might wanna have that looked at, unless somehow as a paramedic you know of a condition that has that and is not serious.

:lol::lol::lol:

Personally I try to avoid bleeding as much as possible.

wolfpack
12-02-2007, 11:42 AM
i also have been a die-hard chief fan since they moved to K.C. seen good years and few bad years and alot of average years. this years ticks me off probably more than 90% of the years because of just plain stupid.gutless coaching.the thinking your defense can win games without much of an offense and the brainless thinking games shouldbe under 10 points.Peterson let the offense get old,hermmie`s stupid,gutless mind finshed it off. now are players are either to young or to old with no idea where they are heading. i do stay for the whole game,mainly because i live 5 hrs away and what i had to buy the tickets for i want my money`s worth`s. i wont even get into a owner who wants seats filled and not championships. this is my 2 cents worth in a nutshell. BUT I HAVE ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS ROOT FOR THE CHIEFS!

Canada
12-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I bleed red but if your bleeding gold you might wanna have that looked at, unless somehow as a paramedic you know of a condition that has that and is not serious.

:lol::lol::lol:

Personally I try to avoid bleeding as much as possible.

Its called Chiefs kickassititis. It is serious.

McLovin
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Its called Chiefs kickassititis. It is serious.

Well then in that case hope it is not curable.

chief31
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM
I expected this to be a poor season, so I am not losing my mind over it.

But, as I have stated before, I am a Chiefs fan, and an NFL fan. Therefore, I like to root for other teams, just to a lesser degree.

Those teams may vary, from season to season. They may vary from week to week. Right now, I am liking the Browns and the Vikings. I think these two teams could easily become power-houses, in the next season or two, if not this year. Also, I always tend to like the Steelers, Jaguars and Lions, for a variety of reasons.

But, there are some teams that can not win my favor. The Broncos, Raiders and Cowboys are teams that I do not believe that I could ever seriously support.

Regardless of any of that, the Chiefs come first. If the Steelers need to win against the Broncos, but for some crazy reason, the Chiefs need the Broncos to win, for a playoff berth, then "Go Broncos!!!" Certainly not for the Brocos' sake, and who cares about the Steelers? I need the Chiefs to have success, at any cost to any other team.

But, if the Steelers are playing the Bengals, and the game has no bearing on the Chiefs' season, then "Go Steelers!!!"

I am not trying to tell anyone that it is the "right" way to be. Just that that's how I am. And that I will only have friendly criticm of those who choose to hope for good things from the Cowboys, while the Chiefs are down.

sling58
12-03-2007, 07:23 AM
I will never root for another team. The Chiefs are the only team that matters and I will follow them all the way to a 0-16 season if I have too. I wouldn't be able to call myself a true fan if I didn't root for them even if they are losing. Win or Lose the Chiefs get me as a fan.

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 12:05 AM

this is true. if you wait for the chiefs to start winning you are bandwagon.

HOWEVER, if you wait until Herm is fired to start watching or caring about the chiefs again....

....and they start a new season with a new coach and you are BACK with the Chiefs before they play those games....then the chiefs win under this new coach...you ARE NOT a bandwagon fan. You chose to support the new coach and new system. THEN after you chose to support them, they win.

that is where i stand. right now ill watch the cowboys and farve and even a little of payton and cheer those peeps on while we are stuck with OUR current administration.

Once Herm is gone, i will care about the chiefs again.

but right now, i am not going to watch Herm's style of play. no one can tell me i have to. that is what i love about this free country, i dont have to watch boring football. Chiefs (not becuase of the players, but because of the coach) are VERY VERY VERY VERY BORING. The games are absolutely entirely boring as hell.

luv
12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
this is true. if you wait for the chiefs to start winning you are bandwagon.

HOWEVER, if you wait until Herm is fired to start watching or caring about the chiefs again....

....and they start a new season with a new coach and you are BACK with the Chiefs before they play those games....then the chiefs win under this new coach...you ARE NOT a bandwagon fan. You chose to support the new coach and new system. THEN after you chose to support them, they win.

that is where i stand. right now ill watch the cowboys and farve and even a little of payton and cheer those peeps on while we are stuck with OUR current administration.

Once Herm is gone, i will care about the chiefs again.

but right now, i am not going to watch Herm's style of play. no one can tell me i have to. that is what i love about this free country, i dont have to watch boring football. Chiefs (not becuase of the players, but because of the coach) are VERY VERY VERY VERY BORING. The games are absolutely entirely boring as hell.
Canada's point is still valid. If you wait for a new coach, you are a fan of the coach, not the team.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Canada's point is still valid. If you wait for a new coach, you are a fan of the coach, not the team.
I agree.... and if you ask the team I am sure they would agree.

McLovin
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Right now it appears that the team is playing but kinda waiting for a new coach as well. Sure seems like Tony G would be glad to see it. I am miserable about how the season is going, but I am still getting ready to buy my first ever tickets and go to a game. Just would like to know what Arrowhead is really like, because I know that my first game wont be an indication of the Real Arrowhead.

luv
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
It's really weird. Some of the people who criticize people for criticizing players have been the first to jump off the "bandwagon".

To me, it's like family. My parents always let me know what I had done wrong (still do...lol), but they never gave up on me. They were always in my corner and wanted me to succeed. They didn't stop going to skating meets if I did poorly, not go to plays at school if I forgot a line, etc.

That's how I view fandom. I can express what I feel is going wrong, but I will never stop going to games when I get the chance or stop purchasing merchandise.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Right now it appears that the team is playing but kinda waiting for a new coach as well. Sure seems like Tony G would be glad to see it. I am miserable about how the season is going, but I am still getting ready to buy my first ever tickets and go to a game. Just would like to know what Arrowhead is really like, because I know that my first game wont be an indication of the Real Arrowhead.
After party at the tumbleweed bryonc, right here in Gardner!

McLovin
12-04-2007, 12:47 AM
After party at the tumbleweed bryonc, right here in Gardner!
How bout the night before, after the game don't know that I will up for partying and I will have to drive back to Illinois about an 8 hour drive because I will have to be at my new job early Monday AM.

luv
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't think a lot of fans know how imprtant we are to a team. There's a reason it's considered "home field advantage". Whenever the stands are full and fans are into the games, that emotion and motivation seeps onto the field. The players feel it. IMO, they're feeling our disappointment, on top of their own, which makes it even worse for them. Yes, I know they're making millions and I'm not supposed to feel for them due to that. I don't work that way. I think fans just have more of an impact on a team than we realize.

Last year's Thanksgiving night game was the best game I have ever gone to at Arrowhead. This year is definitely different. Arrowhead has lost it's luster. Why? Because the fans are not there. We say the coaching staff and front office are to blame, but they're not the ones not buying tickets or not going to games.

End rant..lol.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes, but there are others on this site that feel, just because I don't go to games or can't - I am not a fan. Which is really funny, because I have been a fan always, I dont care if they are winning or losing. I may be mad at some of the play calls - but I am a fan. I hate the booing at the stadium, worse than the drunken language - LOL

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:51 AM
How bout the night before, after the game don't know that I will up for partying and I will have to drive back to Illinois about an 8 hour drive because I will have to be at my new job early Monday AM.
ok..... twas the night before bryonc first game and all through the bar.... not a opposing team was stirring... not even a mouse.... LOL

McLovin
12-04-2007, 12:51 AM
BTW all can let the flaming start, but I may (if he can) bring a Donks fan with me to the game, my nephew (who is older then me) lives between me and KC and I haven't spent near enough time with him in the past 10 years, so I may see if he can come to the game with me, plus since we are back and forth on this it will be sweet to rub his nose in it that we beat the broken down donks even though at the moment we suck.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/2.jpg

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
:lol:I have to save that one!!!

McLovin
12-04-2007, 01:05 AM
http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/smilies/densux.gif

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/95.jpg

Hey Donks
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/3.jpg

http://raiderslinks.com/images/gif/ds.gif

And on that note I am off to bed, have a nice nite all.

prough91
12-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I will always root for the Chiefs. However, if or when they don't make the playoffs I root for the AFC team in the Super Bowl. In the book Bushido, it says we are only as good as our enemies and I tend to believe that. If a team beats us in the playoffs I want them to win the Super Bowl because that just makes us look better. I will never, however, root for the Raiders.

luv
12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I will always root for the Chiefs. However, if or when they don't make the playoffs I root for the AFC team in the Super Bowl. In the book Bushido, it says we are only as good as our enemies and I tend to believe that. If a team beats us in the playoffs I want them to win the Super Bowl because that just makes us look better. I will never, however, root for the Raiders.
I don't think you'll have to worry about that for a while longer.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 04:11 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/95.jpg

Hey Donks
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/3.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

And on that note I am off to bed, have a nice nite all.

You suck and that is sad.

I hate the Donks!!!!

:lol:

chief31
12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
It's really weird. Some of the people who criticize people for criticizing players have been the first to jump off the "bandwagon".

To me, it's like family. My parents always let me know what I had done wrong (still do...lol), but they never gave up on me. They were always in my corner and wanted me to succeed. They didn't stop going to skating meets if I did poorly, not go to plays at school if I forgot a line, etc.

That's how I view fandom. I can express what I feel is going wrong, but I will never stop going to games when I get the chance or stop purchasing merchandise.

Is it kinda like someone complaining about others saying that someone is not a "true fan", then challenging everyones fandome? :D

Guru
12-04-2007, 06:32 AM
I decided to sit and write up on why I am so conflicted and feel like a hypocrite right now.

I have been a die hard Chiefs fan for quite some time, I have never let that waiver even during the years of missing the playoffs, yet this year I have been questioning why continue to root for the team, I have called for people to quit going to games, I have hoped for a blackout locally, because I thought that it would change things.
There in lies all the problems, I will elaborate.

1. In the beginning of the year, I wanted Brodie, I called and called for Huard to be benched, I said that I didn't mind if the Chiefs didn't win I wanted Brodie in the game. Now that this has happened I (we?) have started to boycott the organization for making this happen.
a. My reasoning for being upset about and wanting a change though I feel is because it took far too long to get to the point of having Brodie in and also that even after the switch when I was ok with losing games for learning sake but the game against Indy and Oakland we should have won had it not been for Herm Edwards.

2. I have always been a Chiefs fan through thick and thin. The year I was talking about trying to find another team to cheer for.
a. Even though I have talked about trying to find another team, I feel that the reason for me finding this other team was not to replace the Chiefs, as I will always first and foremost root for the Chiefs, but mainly find some team to hope for a Super Bowl team that will give me a reason to watch the Super Bowl this year, If it is that Patriots and Cowboys I will have a hard time watching (although I do like Romo (he is a product of Eastern Illinois which isn't too far from here. ))

I would like to hear some other thoughts on this from some others who are having the same thoughts on boycotting games, and starting to let the enthusiasm for the Chiefs dim this year. Or from those who haven't lost their focus.

Boycott? Seriously?

I would never boycott my team. They may upset me week-in and week-out but I will be tuned in to every game from start to finish.

wolfpack
12-04-2007, 09:28 AM
my form of boycott is i`m paying for 2 kids colleges so i cant afford to go to all the chiefs home games. but then again what they charge for tic`s its about the same.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Absolutely agree! I once tossed in the towel in a heat of the moment fit of discouragement; never felt more like a loser in my life, and will never do it again. FWIW

It's all how you feel about it man. Don't matter what I think of one's fandom!! Although I would say Yes! But only because you run the BEST Chiefs site!! :bananen_smilies046:

HERE, HERE!!!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Freakin' parrotts man..

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

:bananen_smilies046: