PDA

View Full Version : Is Arrowhead Dying?

McLovin
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Part 2 of 2

SYMPTOMS OF THE ILLNESS

Bob, a season-ticket holder for 17 years now, lives in the suburbs of Kansas City. He’s been a Chiefs fan for longer than most of the current players have been alive. He admits, Arrowhead has lost the magic. But why?

It boils down to one word.

“The fans have no confidence and you can sense that,” he says. “It may be loud at times, but the fans are easily taken out of it by lackluster play. There’s booing, empty seats, people leaving early, season-ticket holders selling their seat to opposing fans - Green Bay especially. It was embarrassing the way their fans took over our stadium.”

Of course, there’s the usual list of suspects, too. A boring, predictable offense, a defense that’s good, but not dominant enough to inspire anyone, and too many quiet fans complaining about their rowdy brethren (the preferred moniker for this brand of football fan is “wine and cheese,” in case you’re not up on the lingo). But Brandon, a Des Moines, Iowa resident who’s cheered on the red and gold since their arrival in Missouri, saw something particularly disturbing this year.

“At one game there was obviously many new attendees in the stadium because the entire crowd started the wave while our offense was on the field trying to score,” he laments. “That, to me, showed that many regulars were not in attendance.”

But sometimes it’s about more than the decibel level, a silly stadium tradition or a particular brand of fan. When a stadium begins to die, there’s something else taking place, and we’re not talking about the swing of the wrecking ball that will surely pulverize Arrowhead to the ground in a few decades.

This symptom isn’t tangible. You can’t see it or touch it. Doug has definitely felt it, though.

“Ultimately, it’s about hope for the direction of the team,” he says. “The fan base has lost hope, thus the lethargic stadium.

“No one has any hope that the situation will get better,” says Mike, whose family has held season tickets for 21 years. “Basically, the fans have just completed a 20-year arc with no discernible progress. We started out with Marty with almost no fans, near the bottom of the league, and we are back.”

No hope? Who is crushing your dreams, Chiefs fans?

THE DIAGNOSIS

Russ, who’s been sitting in season-ticket seats for 14 years now, travels three hours each way from Glenwood, Iowa to attend Chiefs games. He was hurt this year when Packers fan exited Arrowhead Stadium chanting “Go, Pack, Go!” and likens hearing the ever-present rhythms of Tony DiPardo’s TD Pack Band to “Groundhog Day.” He’s tired of watching “boring football.”

Clearly, Russ is a disgruntled season-ticket holder of the highest magnitude. Who does he blame for his Arrowhead depression?

“Carl Peterson,” says Russ. “He's in charge. He's the ultimate person to blame from coaching choices, personnel, rising ticket prices, changing parking lot policy and not having premium seating available on a 'standard' seat upgrade.”

Yes, Peterson is a target for many Chiefs fans. In fact, season-ticket holders across the board mentioned Peterson above all others as the source of their disappointment. But it’s fair to say he’s not alone.

“The easy answer is Carl, he should shoulder much of the blame, but I also blame Edwards,” says Jason. “Herm doesn't interact with the crowd and try to get them riled up. When Dick Vermeil used to come onto the field he would smile and wave his hands at the crowd. That showed how much he appreciated us. But I also blame Vermeil to some extent. He turned the Chiefs into an old ball club with little left in reserve for the future. He had five years to win, and didn't much care about the roster once his five years were up.”

It’s not just the men in charge of on-the-field matters, however. Two season-ticket holders singled out the Hunt family for not taking appropriate action, and offensive coordinator Mike Solari took his share of the blame. Clearly, Chiefs fans aren’t happy with a wide variety of high-profile faces that run the Chiefs.

But here’s the good news – Arrowhead may not be dying. Even if it is, there’s a surefire cure.

CHICKEN SOUP FOR SECTION 110

OK, we exaggerated. If Arrowhead was really dying, the lower bowl wouldn’t have been nearly packed to the brim for the Raiders game last weekend. Despite that encouraging scene, everything is far from perfect. Brandon calls Arrowhead’s current state a “coma,” and most of his fellow season-ticket holders agree, at least in spirit.

“It’s not dead yet,” says Rob, “but fans are beginning to lapse into apathy, due to lack of vision and real progress.”

“No,” says Bob, refuting the notion of a dying Arrowhead. “The game day experience is not the same that it once was, though.”

“No, it's just on a hiatus like any other team that looks horrible right now,” says a season-ticket holder who declined to identify himself. “As soon as the Chiefs field a competitive team that’s playoff worthy, the stands will fill back up and Carl can once again raise prices.”

That’s right – season-ticket holders have no problem opening their wallets for a winner. Winning is the pill that can restore Arrowhead to its former vitality. Forget about the coming renovations. They’re nice, say season-ticket holders, but won’t mean squat without a balanced team within.

“Renovations? I don't know,” says Brandon. “It depends on whether personal seat licenses are instituted. If so, the regular fan base of die-hards may not be able to afford to continue to be season-ticket holders. If this happens, wine and cheese crowds will take over for good.”

“Only one thing will help,” says Bob. “Put a competitive team on the field, one that is capable of winning a playoff game or two, and the magic will come back.”

THE INVOICE OF FRUSTRATION

OK, I think the point has been made. Chiefs fans - and we’re talking about the “real fans,” mind you, not the “teachers” who will exchange the quarters and dimes they found in their couch cushions for upper-deck seats this weekend – are fed up. Arrowhead looks green around the gills (even without Packer fans inside) these days, and it might just honestly be better if it puked everything up and got it over with.

Stupid medical analogies aside, just how much happiness CAN money buy? Say, the money that Bob, Rob, Jason, Mike, Shane, Russ and all the other dedicated fans poured into the Arrowhead Stadium coffers over the last 5, 10, 15 and yes, even 23 years?

Well, we’re not going to name dollar amounts. Let’s just say if you put all the money our veteran band of season-ticket holders spent on the Chiefs in 2007 into one big pile, it wouldn’t pay for a used Maybach 62, but it might pay for the retractable electro-transparent partition screen upgrade (and as Dave Barry might say, we are not making this up).

What did that money buy them? Did the scattered, dozen or so fans that we’ve just profiled get their money’s worth this year?

“No,” says Doug.

“Not even close,” says Brandon.

“Not when I must pay full price for pre-season tickets and can't even give them away,” says Dave. “The greed of the Chiefs is getting significantly worse in every aspect of fan appreciation.”

“No,” says Shane, “because the Chiefs are losing.”

“No,” say Mike, Bob, Rob, Darrin, and Jason.

“Ah, no,” says Russ (who, by the way, really hates those parking lot attendants, not to mention the Wolfpack Club). “I'll continue to spend though. I've got a certain group of friends that I only get to see on gameday.”

“That's what makes it worth it - friendships with other fans.”

http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=706800

McLovin
12-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Part 1 of 2

Is Arrowhead Dying?

But in the case of a dozen or so Chiefs season-ticket holders, money also doesn’t buy entertainment, or at least the kind they’ve come to expect in return for their years of loyalty to Kansas City’s pro football franchise.

These aren’t the kind of fans who hopped on the bandwagon and lucked into some seats in 2003, when the Chiefs were exciting and inspired hope throughout the Midwest. No, these are time-tested, weary fans like Dave (no last names in this column, but the people are real), a Liberty, Missouri resident who’s held his seats for 23 years.

Dave almost gave up his season tickets after 1988 - likely due to the “lean years” the Chiefs suffered through thanks to former head coaches John Mackovic and Frank Gansz – but decided to “give it one more shot” when Carl Peterson took over as General Manager and brought Marty Schottenheimer on board.

Almost 20 years later, Dave is getting a little frustrated.

A SICK STADIUM

Arrowhead Stadium used to be feared around the NFL. You’ve probably heard the story about how Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith almost jumped out of his skin the first time he heard 80,000 fans yell “CHIEFS” at the end of the national anthem. Only problem is, Smith is now all but retired, and in a way, so is the magic of Arrowhead.

Doug, a season-ticket holder since the mid-90s, remembers what those days were like.

“Dynamic and fun,” says the Lee's Summit resident. “All 80,000 fans united in a common bond of fandom against a visiting team.”

Other fans – all of them longtime season-ticket holders – use words like “tingling,” “deafening,” and “goosebumps” to describe Arrowhead’s glory at the height of its power. You get the sense that these raw-throated fans are as much a part of the Chiefs as the names that circle the field on the Ring of Fame.

“The atmosphere just pulling into the parking lot with thousands of others that really cared about the game, was electric,” says one fan. “Once inside the stadium it was loud and crazy.”

And nowadays? Well, the Chiefs are 2-4 at home this season. That’s the worst home record posted by a Kansas City team since Dick Vermeil’s first season, and before that you have to go all the way back to the 80s to find a Chiefs team that was worse at home. The Chiefs have been desperately trying to sell tickets all season long, are now offering discounted upper-reserve seats to teachers, and the threat of the first blackout in over a decade looms.

Yeah, it’s getting bad out there. Just ask those old battlewagons in the stands. Like Jason, an Emporia, Kansas, resident and Chiefs season-ticket holder for 14 years.

“It’s lost its burst,” he says. “It can get loud, but I think the ****iness went away. Before, I had no doubt we were going to win the game at Arrowhead no matter what year it was. Now, I have no idea what to expect.”

But it’s worse. Some fans (like Mike, a Belton, Missouri resident and a season-ticket holder for two years) have even begun to compare the atmosphere at the “new” Arrowhead to that experienced at Royals games, and wait until you hear what Rob, who drives all the way from San Diego to watch his Chiefs, has to say.

“It’s depressing, dead, and pathetic,” says the 17-year season-ticket holder. “It reminds me of visits to Rams home games I've made. Fans are losing hope.”

Chiefs fans comparing Arrowhead Stadium to the pride of St. Louis?

What is going on?

hermhater
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I just went to the gas station for beer and talked to a season ticket holder from St. Louis and he felt the same way.

I told him about the Crowd and he said he is gonna check it out when he gets home.

The guy is a firefighter too, or at least he had a firefighters license plate.

This administration is killing the Chiefs.

I hope Carl is feeling the pressure.

wolfpack
12-02-2007, 06:58 PM
i went to the faiders game and arrowhead didnt even seem the same for the hated faiders. thank you carl and hermmie.

greg3564
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Good thread. Judging by the massive amount of empty seats that they kept showing on TV, I think that there are a lot of disenfranchised fans that are not going to games.

luv
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I just went to the gas station for beer and talked to a season ticket holder from St. Louis and he felt the same way.

I told him about the Crowd and he said he is gonna check it out when he gets home.

The guy is a firefighter too, or at least he had a firefighters license plate.

This administration is killing the Chiefs.

I hope Carl is feeling the pressure.
From the sound of it, Herm is considering part of rebuilding. He said it wasn't pleasant to the team or it's fans. Also that it would be worth it if we could just endure it. Little late. Most people have already given up.

Polleo Pit Man
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Arrowhead is dying because our team is dead! Sorry nuthin but the facts. People get tired of going to a funneral every Sunday! RIP

springchief
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years and I have to say that I agree with much of this article.

People at the game are either:
1 - bored
2 - cheering for the other team
3 - too drunk to care

I admit that I am #1.
So bored, in fact, that I donated all 4 of my tickets for today to a silent auction last week and they went for only $125 TOTAL - for FOUR tickets. So much for trying to help a good cause.

We are seriously considering giving up our tickets next year, or at least splitting them with someone.

It is crazy to spend that much when 20% of the cost of the season tickets goes to PRE-SEASON games.

Thankfully we can donate them now and at least get a tax break! Otherwise, it is like every 5 years paying for a whole season we don't even go to! (do the math - its true)

Are we considering giving them up because the Chiefs are struggling? Yes, that is part of it, but a BIG part of it is that is isn't a very "family-friendly" place to go anymore. My son, who is 5, wants to go to a game and there is NO WAY I'll take him out there to learn a barrage of 4 letter words and to watch drunk fan after drunk fan get carried out by cops.

I get so pissed each week when I look around and see everyone looking away from the field to watch some drunk idiot fighting with another drunk idiot. Seriously, people, if you can't hold your liquor, don't drink! We are there to watch a GAME not WWF in the stands. grrrrrrrrrr

We drive 3 hours each way to come watch the Chiefs... besides the 6 hours in the car and making arrangements for a baby sitter and coordinating where to stay and making sure that SOMEONE wants to go and sit in our extra 2 seats (oh and its a bonus if they actually want to PAY for their seats!) when we finally get there, it is BORING!

It just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Yeah, Arrowhead needs a shot to the heart because, if I am feeling this way and I consider myself to be a very loyal fan, I can only imagine how the bandwagon fans are feeling right now.

tornadospotter
12-02-2007, 11:46 PM
I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years and I have to say that I agree with much of this article.

1 - bored
3 - too drunk to care

I admit that I am #1.
So bored, in fact, that I donated all 4 of my tickets for today to a silent auction last week and they went for only $125 TOTAL - for FOUR tickets. So much for trying to help a good cause.

We are seriously considering giving up our tickets next year, or at least splitting them with someone.

It is crazy to spend that much when 20% of the cost of the season tickets goes to PRE-SEASON games.

Thankfully we can donate them now and at least get a tax break! Otherwise, it is like every 5 years paying for a whole season we don't even go to! (do the math - its true)

Are we considering giving them up because the Chiefs are struggling? Yes, that is part of it, but a BIG part of it is that is isn't a very "family-friendly" place to go anymore. My son, who is 5, wants to go to a game and there is NO WAY I'll take him out there to learn a barrage of 4 letter words and to watch drunk fan after drunk fan get carried out by cops.

I get so pissed each week when I look around and see everyone looking away from the field to watch some drunk idiot fighting with another drunk idiot. Seriously, people, if you can't hold your liquor, don't drink! We are there to watch a GAME not WWF in the stands. grrrrrrrrrr

We drive 3 hours each way to come watch the Chiefs... besides the 6 hours in the car and making arrangements for a baby sitter and coordinating where to stay and making sure that SOMEONE wants to go and sit in our extra 2 seats (oh and its a bonus if they actually want to PAY for their seats!) when we finally get there, it is BORING!

Yeah, Arrowhead needs a shot to the heart because, if I am feeling this way and I consider myself to be a very loyal fan, I can only imagine how the bandwagon fans are feeling right now.
I am willing to be a tax break for you! Just send me your tickets, I am a willing person of need. :D

luv
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM

1 - bored
3 - too drunk to care

I admit that I am #1.

I'm none of the above. I enjoy the games. We drive 2.5 hours each way, and we leave at 4:30 in the morning as to save on the hotel expense.

Arrowhead needs a lot more heart. That's why you're willng to give up your season tickets?

What section were you in? We saw a Charger fan getting drug out across the field from us today. We're in 122.

tammietailgator
12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I am willing to be a tax break for you! Just send me your tickets, I am a willing person of need. :D
I understand that... I took my daughter to her first game against the bengals...she is 7 though and I told her, she may hear things that she normally doesnt, but once we got in there... it was cool and so was everyone around us. I do not want to make other people change however, just because I want to take my kids. I do not think arrowhead is a place for kids all the time, they wanted to see a game - I let them, I let them know what to expect, now they need to wait till they are older.

tammietailgator
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Go ahead, jump ship.... I will be there to take your tickets... I will always be a fan, not a bored fan either- if you are all so freakin bored with the Chiefs then... why are you here posting and not out doing something less boring>???? Don't get me wrong, I know its over, but I still love my team.

luv
12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
I understand that... I took my daughter to her first game against the bengals...she is 7 though and I told her, she may hear things that she normally doesnt, but once we got in there... it was cool and so was everyone around us. I do not want to make other people change however, just because I want to take my kids. I do not think arrowhead is a place for kids all the time, they wanted to see a game - I let them, I let them know what to expect, now they need to wait till they are older.
A guy two rows in front of us was letting some f-bombs fly today. The guy sitting in front of us let two go while alking to the other guy. He turned aound and saw the family with two small children that were sitting next to me and apologized. I thought that was realy cool. There are a couple of yiunger guys who have season tickets that are on the other side of where that family was at. If they stick to drinking beer, they're pretty cool. If they start drinking harder stuff, that's when you have to watch out. It really is iffy for smaller children. I think that, if they're old enough to understand that they are going to be exposed to that type of language but that it's not acceptable for them, then they'll be okay for the most part.

luv
12-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Go ahead, jump ship.... I will be there to take your tickets... I will always be a fan, not a bored fan either- if you are all so freakin bored with the Chiefs then... why are you here posting and not out doing something less boring>???? Don't get me wrong, I know its over, but I still love my team.
I'm with ya! I've been lucky enough to only miss going to two games so far this season. I love the road trip, the tailgating, getting to watch some live football, having a team to cheer for, etc. Absolutely love it.

If someone sees it as an inconvenience, I just think that it's 8 days out of 365.

tammietailgator
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
true.... I just told my daughter what she might hear is not what mommy and daddy would say. She knew what to expect and that there are smarter ways to voice your opinion, but all in all, she will hear it and I have no right to tell someone with a ticket to watch their mouths... even though I would like to

tammietailgator
12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
right on... if you bring your family - then I will let you know when I am going with mine.... we can have some family friendly tailgating!!

luv
12-03-2007, 12:27 AM
true.... I just told my daughter what she might hear is not what mommy and daddy would say. She knew what to expect and that there are smarter ways to voice your opinion, but all in all, she will hear it and I have no right to tell someone with a ticket to watch their mouths... even though I would like to
I came very close to saying something to the two younger guys once, and the children I knew were hearing it weren't even mine! They usually get mouthy when their upset at Herm, the refs, players, etc though, and I didn't want to cause problems with angry drunk people.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM

1 - bored
3 - too drunk to care

I admit that I am #1.

Those fans are only able to get their tickets because Arrowhead is losing it's fan base.

The whole organization is going down the drain.

This is starting to look like the Philly fans.

McLovin
12-03-2007, 02:23 AM

This is really sad, I know football is different then Baseball, but I took my daughter to a St Louis Cardinals game and I had no worries at all. I didn't have to shield her from fights, I didn't have to worry about what she would hear, but then again I was in the upper area of the stands.

I did however take her to a Cubs/Cardinals game in St Louis and with that big rivalry if there was going to be problems I feel it would have been during that game.

I am really sorry to hear that Arrowhead is that kind of place that you have to worry about taking kids. Even though it is football it should be a good place to take a family.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 02:26 AM
This is really sad, I know football is different then Baseball, but I took my daughter to a St Louis Cardinals game and I had no worries at all. I didn't have to shield her from fights, I didn't have to worry about what she would hear, but then again I was in the upper area of the stands.

I did however take her to a Cubs/Cardinals game in St Louis and with that big rivalry if there was going to be problems I feel it would have been during that game.

I am really sorry to hear that Arrowhead is that kind of place that you have to worry about taking kids. Even though it is football it should be a good place to take a family.

If you get your tickets randomly don't take your kids.

Buy tickets from season ticket holders that can't make it to the game.

Otherwise opposing teams fans will get the tickets (Green Bay).

If you can't do that, then buy your tickets from a Chiefs fan.

Buying tickets from the outlets will get you screwed.

:beer:

hermhater
12-03-2007, 02:28 AM

You should be yelling so loud your daughter can't hear the fans cursing!

:lol:

springchief
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM

I didn't say that I was "freakin' bored with the Chiefs" I said that I was bored AT the game and then I listed several reasons.
I thoroughly enjoy watching the Chiefs when I can actually WATCH THEM PLAY and not have to deal with all the other crap going on around me with ridiculous fans.
And as for the cussing and the posts almost condoning it - sorry, I don't agree. I think that shows a TOTAL lack of class when people feel the need to drop "f-bombs" because of a FOOTBALL GAME! Gimme a break! I get excited (my husband actually asked me yesterday if I thought I might ever have a heart attack because of the Chiefs... to which I answered, "possibly" :D !!) but I never stoop so low that I have to use profanity. Just my opinion, of course, but I wish people would show some more class and respect others enough to watch their mouths.
Ever since we got the season tickets when our son was just 2, I have dreamed about all the memories we will make as a family going to Chiefs games. Now I wonder what is the right age to start taking them with us?
I don't want to have to explain to my son what those words mean... or that he shouldn't say them - that will just make him WANT to say those things. What ever happened to letting kids be innocent??
Anyway... I just wanted to defend myself because I AM a Chiefs fan and I DON'T plan on turning my back on MY team or "jumping ship". Just because I don't want to spend my hard-earned money to sit with a bunch of cussing drunks while I watch a low-scoring game, doesn't mean that I am no longer a fan.
Also - I am not sure how you drew the conclusion between posting here and needing to do something less boring. I was watching TV and I decided to come here and see everyone's reaction to the game. How does that relate to my feelings about the game?
I could say that if you were a "real fan" you'd be at the game and you wouldn't need my tickets.
I have only posted on here for a few weeks, but I continue to notice the attacks against each other when people don't agree with someone else's post.
Sorry, I don't play like that.

springchief
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
If you get your tickets randomly don't take your kids.

Buy tickets from season ticket holders that can't make it to the game.

Otherwise opposing teams fans will get the tickets (Green Bay).

If you can't do that, then buy your tickets from a Chiefs fan.

Buying tickets from the outlets will get you screwed.

:beer:

I don't get your post.... we have season tickets and there are still PLENTY of drunk people around us.
Can you please explain it to me? Thanks! :D

luv
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyway... I just wanted to defend myself because I AM a Chiefs fan and I DON'T plan on turning my back on MY team or "jumping ship". Just because I don't want to spend my hard-earned money to sit with a bunch of cussing drunks while I watch a low-scoring game, doesn't mean that I am no longer a fan.
Not questioning your fandom, but you mentioned low scoring games. Would you be willing to overlook the drunk cussing fans if they were high scoring games? Are you giving up your tickets due to low scoring games or drunk fans? There will always be drunk cussing fans, win or lose. It makes more sense to me if that's your reasoning.

anaeelbackwards
12-03-2007, 03:54 PM
It was sad. At the game I was thinking man there is not a lot of ppl here. Even during the gaame there was a mass amount of ppl out in the parking lot still. Then when I came back home to watch the replays I saw a lot of empty seats. I was disappointed. The mood out at arrowhead was pretty bad. Who could blame us tho? Yesterday we had a good shot to beat the eggos and still be in the hunt, now it just seems like a very far far away thought.

Ps, who else thought when luv's man jared allen went into the game, immediately knew that the play was designed for him? I did. Probably only the real good highlight of the game

springchief
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Not questioning your fandom, but you mentioned low scoring games. Would you be willing to overlook the drunk cussing fans if they were high scoring games? Are you giving up your tickets due to low scoring games or drunk fans? There will always be drunk cussing fans, win or lose. It makes more sense to me if that's your reasoning.

First of all, we haven't decided to give up our tickets yet.
Second, from my observations, when people have something to watch, it distracts them enough so that they aren't cussing, fighting, or drinking themselves into a stupor. It seems there is an indirect correlation between the pace of the game and the number of people doing obnoxious things.
Back in 2004, when they were playing well and scoring lots of points, I hardly EVER saw the fighting or heard the amount of cussing that I have heard this year.
I am a FAN - in the truest sense of the word - and I want to cheer on my team, win or lose. But when the so-called "fans" around me seem to be there just looking for a fight, it makes me dread the long drive and makes me wonder if it would be better to watch and cheer from home.

luv
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
It was sad. At the game I was thinking man there is not a lot of ppl here. Even during the gaame there was a mass amount of ppl out in the parking lot still. Then when I came back home to watch the replays I saw a lot of empty seats. I was disappointed. The mood out at arrowhead was pretty bad. Who could blame us tho? Yesterday we had a good shot to beat the eggos and still be in the hunt, now it just seems like a very far far away thought.

Ps, who else thought when luv's man jared allen went into the game, immediately knew that the play was designed for him? I did. Probably only the real good highlight of the game
I am so glad I can say I was there to see it in person!

kcchiefsfan
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
I believe that the empty seats have to do with our losing streak... and people are just tired of seeing the Chiefs lose.

Chiefster
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Is Arrowhead dying?

In a word: "Yes".

Carl Peterson has been slowly poisoning it.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
I didn't say that I was "freakin' bored with the Chiefs" I said that I was bored AT the game and then I listed several reasons.
I thoroughly enjoy watching the Chiefs when I can actually WATCH THEM PLAY and not have to deal with all the other crap going on around me with ridiculous fans.
And as for the cussing and the posts almost condoning it - sorry, I don't agree. I think that shows a TOTAL lack of class when people feel the need to drop "f-bombs" because of a FOOTBALL GAME! Gimme a break! I get excited (my husband actually asked me yesterday if I thought I might ever have a heart attack because of the Chiefs... to which I answered, "possibly" :D !!) but I never stoop so low that I have to use profanity. Just my opinion, of course, but I wish people would show some more class and respect others enough to watch their mouths.
Ever since we got the season tickets when our son was just 2, I have dreamed about all the memories we will make as a family going to Chiefs games. Now I wonder what is the right age to start taking them with us?
I don't want to have to explain to my son what those words mean... or that he shouldn't say them - that will just make him WANT to say those things. What ever happened to letting kids be innocent??
Also - I am not sure how you drew the conclusion between posting here and needing to do something less boring. I was watching TV and I decided to come here and see everyone's reaction to the game. How does that relate to my feelings about the game?
I could say that if you were a "real fan" you'd be at the game and you wouldn't need my tickets.
I have only posted on here for a few weeks, but I continue to notice the attacks against each other when people don't agree with someone else's post.
Sorry, I don't play like that.

Seems to me you DO play like that, I have never been lashed like this on this site. You want to talk about me not having tickets???? Well for one, I have two kids and a husband that has been sick for the last 2 weeks. I could not go to the game. I am a true fan and if you want to research all of my posts just to come up with one good bash... then you must be bored. I never said that I like or even respect people that use foul language at the stadium, but give me a break annie oakley... what are you really going to do about it? Maybe teach your kids that they are idiots that cannot think of something better to say? Thats the best choice! they are paying the same price for tickets as you are they are not celebrating with kids. It's, therefore, is not my place to tell them how to act.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Good point luv!!

:sign0098:

prough91
12-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Part 2 of 2
Chiefs fans - and we’re talking about the “real fans,” mind you, not the “teachers” who will exchange the quarters and dimes they found in their couch cushions for upper-deck seats this weekend – are fed up.

Am I not a real fan because I can't afford season tickets? So only people that can fork out $800 plus is a real fan? That is asinine. I would absolutely love to be able to go to a Chiefs game, but, alas, I can't afford it. I didn't know that how much money we had measured how good a fan we were.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm lost.

Who the hell is arguing here?

prough91
12-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Can you read?

Guru
12-04-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm none of the above. I enjoy the games. We drive 2.5 hours each way, and we leave at 4:30 in the morning as to save on the hotel expense.

Arrowhead needs a lot more heart. That's why you're willng to give up your season tickets?

What section were you in? We saw a Charger fan getting drug out across the field from us today. We're in 122.

That was my section. That guy was a friggin idiot. Just kept going back for more. I hate it when fans have to make everything personal.

Guru
12-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Am I not a real fan because I can't afford season tickets? So only people that can fork out $800 plus is a real fan? That is asinine. I would absolutely love to be able to go to a Chiefs game, but, alas, I can't afford it. I didn't know that how much money we had measured how good a fan we were.

According to Carl? Yes.

and NO, I don't agree with Carl.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Can you read?

Not very well.

prough91
12-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Not very well.

The more I read your posts, the more obvious that becomes. lol

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:35 AM
The more I read your posts, the more obvious that becomes. lol

I have a monacle, but sometimes is slips.

:11: :wheelchair:

Guru
12-04-2007, 03:45 AM
I have a monacle, but sometimes is slips.

:11: :wheelchair:
It helps if you actually put it over your EYE.:D

springchief
12-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Seems to me you DO play like that, I have never been lashed like this on this site. You want to talk about me not having tickets???? Well for one, I have two kids and a husband that has been sick for the last 2 weeks. I could not go to the game. I am a true fan and if you want to research all of my posts just to come up with one good bash... then you must be bored. I never said that I like or even respect people that use foul language at the stadium, but give me a break annie oakley... what are you really going to do about it? Maybe teach your kids that they are idiots that cannot think of something better to say? Thats the best choice! they are paying the same price for tickets as you are they are not celebrating with kids. It's, therefore, is not my place to tell them how to act.
[/b]

Again, you misread my post... I said I COULD say that... but I didn't. That was kinda my point and I guessed you missed it. I DIDN'T lash out at you... I was defending myself. If you didn't read that correctly, I am sorry.

And all the comments about me being bored - I just don't get that. I said I was bored AT GAMES... not in life. I haven't researched all your posts, nor do I ever plan to. It would take a HUGE case of boredom to do that.

I don't know why you decided to pick on me and my post... but whatever. I don't have time to get in an online argument with someone I don't even know. But I do have to say that you are proving my theory quite well. Thank you.

By the way - Annie Oakley was known as a sharpshooter.... so I guess I will take that as a compliment!

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Less filling.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Again, you misread my post... I said I COULD say that... but I didn't. That was kinda my point and I guessed you missed it. I DIDN'T lash out at you... I was defending myself. If you didn't read that correctly, I am sorry.

And all the comments about me being bored - I just don't get that. I said I was bored AT GAMES... not in life. I haven't researched all your posts, nor do I ever plan to. It would take a HUGE case of boredom to do that.

I don't know why you decided to pick on me and my post... but whatever. I don't have time to get in an online argument with someone I don't even know. But I do have to say that you are proving my theory quite well. Thank you.

By the way - Annie Oakley was known as a sharpshooter.... so I guess I will take that as a compliment!

Okay, again... you say that you have only posted here for a few weeks and notice attacks against each other when people don't agree with somebody else's posts...And you don't play like that. You are very combative - Do you realize that you are in Chiefs Hardcore Discussions??? - Timid need not apply? If you stick around you will notice that a lot of people here welcome the attacks as a good thread starter! Its fun! Guys do it all the time - as for you making sure that I read your post correctly! Give me a break!!!!!

stlchief
12-04-2007, 10:57 PM
To sum:

1) You don't need season tickets to be a fan.
2) Drunks cussing around kids are bad.

If we all agree, let's get back to the main point- Herm has killed the team. Arrowhead is NOT just another stadium and we have to get it back....

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Okay, again... you say that you have only posted here for a few weeks and notice attacks against each other when people don't agree with somebody else's posts...And you don't play like that. You are very combative - Do you realize that you are in Chiefs Hardcore Discussions??? - Timid need not apply? If you stick around you will notice that a lot of people here welcome the attacks as a good thread starter! Its fun! Guys do it all the time - as for you making sure that I read your post correctly! Give me a break!!!!!

As long as it's done respectfully, and "personal" attacks are still not allowed.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 11:04 PM
As long as it's done respectfully, and "personal" attacks are still not allowed.
Exactly... I think she should stick around and get to know some of the personalities here. The posting is great! As for the point of the thread.... I love arrowhead and cannot wait to get back and enjoy some games. The tailgating is awesome, the fans are spunky and the fly overs always give me chills. We will get it back!

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Exactly... I think she should stick around and get to know some of the personalities here. The posting is great! As for the point of the thread.... I love arrowhead and cannot wait to get back and enjoy some games. The tailgating is awesome, the fans are spunky and the fly overs always give me chills. We will get it back!

I long for the day.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
The sad part will be all of the fair weather fans that have season tickets, selling their tickets to opposing fans the rest of the season.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
The sad part will be all of the fair weather fans that have season tickets, selling their tickets to opposing fans the rest of the season.

A symptom of the problem IMO.

chief31
12-05-2007, 05:48 AM
To sum:

If I am sober is that OK? It is impossible for me to articulate during such an emotional event. Shelter your kids from the world all you like, but taking them in public, where there will be alot of emotional and drunk people, may be a failure to properly shelter them. If I take my kids to a game, knowing that there will be plenty of drunk, emotional adults, they will know the situation before we get there.

Those damn psychopaths!!!! :lol:

luv
12-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Got in this morning at 4 AM
Your as mad as you can be
Well I was drinking and talking
And you know how that goes
Time just slipped away from me
By the time I knew what time it was
It was to late to call home
Stop carrying on and acting like a child
I wasn't doing anything wrong

Guys do it all the time
And you expect us to understand
When the shoe's on the other foot
You know that's when it hits the fan
Get over it honey life's a two way street
Or you won't be a man of mine
So I had some beers with the girls last night
Guys do it all the time

I know I left my clothes all over the place
And I took your twenty bucks
No I didn't get the front yard cut
Cause I had to wash my truck
Will you bring me a cold one baby
Turn on the TV
We'll talk about this later
There's a ballgame I wanna see

Guys do it all the time
Guys do it all the time

You look like you just took
A long look in the mirror
Tell me baby if things don't look
A whole lot clearer, ooh

Guys do it all the time
Yeah guys do it
Yeah guys do it
All the time, all the time
Yeah guys do it
Yeah guys do it
All the time

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Is it poetry hour and I missed it?

luv
12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Is it poetry hour and I missed it?
Guys Do It All The Time
By Mindy McCready

It's a song. You don't like poetry, I take it? Or are you just in the mood to mock me? :p

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Guys Do It All The Time
By Mindy McCready

It's a song. You don't like poetry, I take it? Or are you just in the mood to mock me? :p
I'm always in the mood for a little mocking!!!

Now that you mention it, I have heard that song before.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm always in the mood for a little mocking!!!

Now that you mention it, I have heard that song before.

I haven't, and am glad. :D

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
To sum:

If we all agree, let's get back to the main point- Herm has killed the team. Arrowhead is NOT just another stadium and we have to get it back....

I don't know what brings out the swearing in me more...

Drinking beer, or poor play calling by Herm but put them both together and you're gonna hear me cuss from across the street.

I believe I have stated it before, but growing up around the father I had, and hearing the sh!t they yell at you in basic it kind of sticks.

I do my best to not to swear around children, but have actually noticed the more civil a person appears, they have a greater tendency to swear in times of stress. And it is generally their parent doing the swearing.

rbedgood
12-06-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm lost.

Who the hell is arguing here?

Can you read?

Prough...you'll get used to HH. He can read, but generally forgets that part of the communication process. (s)he likes cats, parrots and long walks.....

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Prough...you'll get used to HH. He can read, but generally forgets that part of the communication process. (s)he likes cats, parrots and long walks.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

That was funny. I think HH is a (h)e. :D

chief31
12-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Got in this morning at 4 AM
Your as mad as you can be
Well I was drinking and talking
And you know how that goes
Time just slipped away from me
By the time I knew what time it was
It was to late to call home
Stop carrying on and acting like a child
I wasn't doing anything wrong

Guys do it all the time
Guys do it all the time

I know I left my clothes all over the place
And I took your twenty bucks
No I didn't get the front yard cut
Cause I had to wash my truck
Will you bring me a cold one baby
Turn on the TV
We'll talk about this later
There's a ballgame I wanna see

Guys do it all the time
Guys do it all the time

You look like you just took
A long look in the mirror
Tell me baby if things don't look
A whole lot clearer, ooh

Guys do it all the time
Yeah guys do it
Yeah guys do it
All the time, all the time
Yeah guys do it
Yeah guys do it
All the time

Hey Toots. I don't date guys, nor do I care what they do. I have never wanted a woman to behave more like men either.

That song irritates the he77 out of me. She stays out all night then expects no grief because some other guy did that to her once? Fine. How did she react to that, when he did it? She can expect a similar reaction from her guy.

Her guy should have dumped her. Cute butt, or not, because, "That don't impress me much."

luv
12-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey Toots. I don't date guys, nor do I care what they do. I have never wanted a woman to behave more like men either.

That song irritates the he77 out of me. She stays out all night then expects no grief because some other guy did that to her once? Fine. How did she react to that, when he did it? She can expect a similar reaction from her guy.

Her guy should have dumped her. Cute butt, or not, because, "That don't impress me much."

Mindy McCready and Shania Twain are not the same person. And she's basically throwing those things back in a guy's face seeing how we would react if she were to do the same things to him that he does to her. Not some guy in the past.

Nice try. :p

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Mindy McCready and Shania Twain are not the same person. And she's basically throwing those things back in a guy's face seeing how we would react if she were to do the same things to him that he does to her. Not some guy in the past.

So, do ya think you would marry my kid??? :lol:

luv
12-06-2007, 02:37 AM
So, do ya think you would marry my kid??? :lol:
1. He's 22.
2. I've never met him.

I think I'm gonna have to pass. :p

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:38 AM
1. He's 22.
2. I've never met him.

Oh come on; he's less trouble then a doggie!!! :D

rbedgood
12-06-2007, 02:38 AM
1. He's 22.
2. I've never met him.

Hmmm...getting picky now?!

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:40 AM

:lol::lol:

A girl's gotta have her standards.

luv
12-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Think the mirror test is too much?

chief31
12-06-2007, 02:52 AM

Then shouldn't it be "YOU do it all the time"?

And I was just adding another women-strength song that irritates me.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Think the mirror test is too much?

"mirror test"???

hermhater
12-06-2007, 02:59 AM
"mirror test"???

What's the mirror test?

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:00 AM
What's the mirror test?

I think that's my question.

rbedgood
12-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Hmmm...Mirror, mirror on the wall...whose the craziest personality of them all...

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Hmmm...Mirror, mirror on the wall...whose the craziest personality of them all...

HA! :lol:

luv
12-06-2007, 03:17 AM
"mirror test"???
Hold a mirror to their face. If they fog it, they're qualified.

In other words, they just have to be breathing.

rbedgood
12-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I think I found Luv's "Mirror" test

Magic Mirror
There was a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead and they were at a spa. They were about to leave when they noticed the most magnicent mirror near the door, trimed in gold.
"Thats a beautiful mirror!" The redhead exclaimed. The manager walked up behind them and said, "Thats not any mirror ladies. Thats a truth mirror. If you stand in front of it and say anything that is true you will get anything you want. But if you lye you get sucked into the mirror for all eternity."
The brunette went first. She stood in front of the mirror and said, "I think I'm the prettiest of us three." And she had keys to a new car in her hands.
The redhead went next. She stood in front of the mirror and said, "I think I'm the smartest of us three." And she had bags of money all around her. The blonde went last.
She said, "I think...." And was immediatly sucked into the mirror.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Hold a mirror to their face. If they fog it, they're qualified.

In other words, they just have to be breathing.

Good news; he passed!!!!:yahoo:

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:23 AM
I think I found Luv's "Mirror" test

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

There went my diet coke!

rbedgood
12-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Dangit, is it bad if I can't pass that mirror test?! They keep breaking as soon as I look in them...

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Dangit, is it bad if I can't pass that mirror test?! They keep breaking as soon as I look in them...

Happens to you too eh?

Guru
12-06-2007, 04:42 AM

Spunky?

tammietailgator
12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
LOL, I was feeling pretty spunky at the time of that post... spunky is a good word, we should bring it back.:lol:

hermhater
12-07-2007, 01:34 AM
LOL, I was feeling pretty spunky at the time of that post... spunky is a good word, we should bring it back.:lol:

YouTube - Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back (Live)

:lol: :D :beer:

McLovin
12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
YouTube - Super Bowl Shuffle
Great reinvent of the superbowl shuffle, too bad they lost.