PDA

View Full Version : A cold day at Arrowhead....

nigeriannightmare
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Man was it windy, section 337 got a little chilly let me tell you. After reading comments about the future of the team and then listening to Herm talk about how he's excited for the direction this team is going, really confusing to me.
I just don't understand how a coach, who has left the Jets completely barrren of anything resembling a good team, is going to change this franchise around. A good coach Herm Edwards may be but a great coach he is not. It's absolute joke watching this offensed try and get down the field. Its 4th and Four and your running a three yard route, don't care if he dropped it or not it was a short route. Come on people we have been out coached in every game this year. So I really don't want to here about next year when this coach is famous for saying 'You play the game to win!'

McLovin
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Man was it windy, section 337 got a little chilly let me tell you. After reading comments about the future of the team and then listening to Herm talk about how he's excited for the direction this team is going, really confusing to me.
I just don't understand how a coach, who has left the Jets completely barrren of anything resembling a good team, is going to change this franchise around. A good coach Herm Edwards may be but a great coach he is not. It's absolute joke watching this offensed try and get down the field. Its 4th and Four and your running a three yard route, don't care if he dropped it or not it was a short route. Come on people we have been out coached in every game this year. So I really don't want to here about next year when this coach is famous for saying 'You play the game to win!'

Actually it is You Play to Win the Game. Hello, You Play to Win the Game.

YouTube - Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
lets keep gunther and get rid of the rest of the coaches

Guru
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, it was cold, but getting to see Carl booed off the field before the game made the whole day worth it for me.

tornadospotter
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
So why don't you play to win Herm, maybe it time to retire? You are not playing to win! I really wish Herm had internet!

luv
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, it was cold, but getting to see Carl booed off the field before the game made the whole day worth it for me.
Amen. I was looking forward to getting home just to post that. You beat me to it. Quite the chilly tailgate huh? I was going to call you during halftime to see if you wanted to come down to sit with us. I didn't want you to miss much of the game though. Loks like that end of the upperdeck cleared out rather quickly.

It was 66 when we left Springfield at 4:30 this morning. 65 whenever we were just past Clinton. We hit about a five minute rain shower just before Harrisonville. Within 20 minutes of that, the temp dropped 15 degrees outside. By the time we got to the gate, it was 33!

luv
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
So why don't you play to win Herm, maybe it time to retire? You are not playing to win! I really wish Herm had internet!
Herm's not going anywhere. I hope you realize that. Just going to have to endure.

It was just so good, and hilarious, to see Carl get booed! Other than JA getting a sack right off the bat AND scoring a TD, that was the most enjoyable moment.

Guru
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Amen. I was looking forward to getting home just to post that. You beat me to it. Quite the chilly tailgate huh? I was going to call you during halftime to see if you wanted to come down to sit with us. I didn't want you to miss much of the game though. Loks like that end of the upperdeck cleared out rather quickly.

It was 66 when we left Springfield at 4:30 this morning. 65 whenever we were just past Clinton. We hit about a five minute rain shower just before Harrisonville. Within 20 minutes of that, the temp dropped 15 degrees outside. By the time we got to the gate, it was 33!

Actually, as we were walking up the ramp toward the upper deck, a lady stopped us and just gave up 2 tickets in section 131 row 28. Perfect seats in the corner of the endzone. Right in the sun. Had we sat in 307 we would have frozen as the wind would have been right in our faces.

Had we not went in to the stadium at the exact moment we did, we would not have been so lucky.

someone was looking out for us today.

luv
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Actually, as we were walking up the ramp toward the upper deck, a lady stopped us and just gave up 2 tickets in section 131 row 28. Perfect seats in the corner of the endzone. Right in the sun. Had we sat in 307 we would have frozen as the wind would have been right in our faces.

Had we not went in to the stadium at the exact moment we did, we would not have been so lucky.

That is awesome! I kept thinking about you two during the second half. Good to hear.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 02:19 AM

Probably Carl..

:lol:

sues70
12-03-2007, 07:00 AM
That was a brutal day for my first game. I'm thinking tickets way earlier in the season next time. But I'm here to tell you, I didn't let it stop me. My man Jared definitely gave me something to cheer about. My throat is still killing me. I loved everything about it, even though I froze my butt off and the Chiefs lost.

Thanks for all your help. All the tips really paid off.

chief31
12-03-2007, 07:19 AM
My man Jared definitely gave me something .... My throat is still killing me. I loved everything about it

.................................................. ...:D

sues70
12-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Aren't you so funnnyyy!!! I can only dream.

wolfpack
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
by the looks of it,i think you were about the only ones in the upper level. you should have moved down a level, it was just as empty.

Guru
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Probably Carl..

:lol:

I wouldn't have accepted them in that scenario.

luv
12-03-2007, 10:52 AM
That was a brutal day for my first game. I'm thinking tickets way earlier in the season next time. But I'm here to tell you, I didn't let it stop me. My man Jared definitely gave me something to cheer about. My throat is still killing me. I loved everything about it, even though I froze my butt off and the Chiefs lost.

Thanks for all your help. All the tips really paid off.
The weather really sucked for tailgsting. It was perfect during the game though. That was true football weather.

I think our WR's need to work on catching the ball in cold weather. Their hands seemed to not be functioning correctly. Kennison dropped at least two perfectly catchable passes. Bowe missed several too. His were more difficult, but he can usually pull them in.

I'm going to marry Jared Allen someday. He doesn't know it yet, though.

Chiefster
12-03-2007, 08:44 PM

It figures that with a noffensive line and four whole wins, count 'em FOUR, that Herm would be excited about the direction of the team. :rolleyes:

hermhater
12-09-2007, 02:08 AM
This is Herm.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg