PDA

View Full Version : I lied.

m0ef0e
12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I said in another post that I wasn't going to buy tickets for any more Chiefs' games until after we got a playoff win...

I went to the game yesterday. It was cold. We lost... Enough said.

No matter how disappointed I get, I can't seem to make myself stay away. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

I really hope we make some noise next year and go deep in the playoffs. It really sucks that we are going to be required to wait until next year for another shot at it.

luv
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I said in another post that I wasn't going to buy tickets for any more Chiefs' games until after we got a playoff win...

No matter how disappointed I get, I can't seem to make myself stay away. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

I really hope we make some noise next year and go deep in the playoffs. It really sucks that we are going to be required to wait until next year for another shot at it.
You got to see Tony get 140 yards receiving. You got to see Jared Allen get two more sacks AND an offensive TD!!!

We may have lost, but sometimes there's more to the game than the score.

Chiefster
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
You got to see Tony get 140 yards receiving. You got to see Jared Allen get two more sacks AND an offensive TD!!!

...Like watching Huard get sacked seven times, turning the ball over and watching LT do to our defense what Priest used to do to theirs. ...But, Colquitt did boom a couple of punts.

hermhater
12-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Good for you man!

I doubt that empty seats will fix anything for a couple of years anyways.

No reason we can't keep subjecting ourselves to this emotional pain!

:lol:

luv
12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
...Like watching Huard get sacked seven times, turning the ball over and watching LT do to our defense what Priest used to do to theirs. ...But, Colquitt did boom a couple of punts.
Are you okay?

Guru
12-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Are you okay?

:lol::lol::lol:

McLovin
12-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you okay?
Are any of us really ok right now?

prough91
12-04-2007, 02:12 AM
I hate it that we suck this year, but I got to see Jared Allen make an amazing catch last weekend. I saw TG make Antonio Gates look like a *****. Yeah, they lost, but shouldn't we be patient and accept they fact that maybe the Chiefs need a season or two to rebuild?

hermhater
12-04-2007, 02:17 AM
I hate it that we suck this year, but I got to see Jared Allen make an amazing catch last weekend. I saw TG make Antonio Gates look like a *****. Yeah, they lost, but shouldn't we be patient and accept they fact that maybe the Chiefs need a season or two to rebuild?

We have the ability to do that every week.

The Chiefs talent (minus the less than mediocre O line) is the best in the NFL!

If only there was creative play callling...

I think we proved we have the talent to make big plays, but we don't have the leadership to utilize it.

:mob:

prough91
12-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Have you heard of rebuilding? Vermeil left the Chiefs with an older than hell offense. They've got to replace the pieces man.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Have you heard of rebuilding? Vermeil left the Chiefs with an older than hell offense. They've got to replace the pieces man.

So you inherit an old offense and draft no one to replace them?

I don't see your point.

How is that rebuilding?

:sign0153:

Edit: DBo is a stud. Glad we got him, but still we need an O line.

luv
12-04-2007, 03:22 AM
So you inherit an old offense and draft no one to replace them?

I don't see your point.

How is that rebuilding?

:sign0153:

Edit: DBo is a stud. Glad we got him, but still we need an O line.
He's focused on the defense thus far, and look at the improvement. You can't address every single need in two seasons. He's got a five year contract. I'm not saying I agree with Herm's play calling, but I say give him another year of drafting before judging that aspect.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:37 AM
He's focused on the defense thus far, and look at the improvement. You can't address every single need in two seasons. He's got a five year contract. I'm not saying I agree with Herm's play calling, but I say give him another year of drafting before judging that aspect.

I haven't looked at all the stats but I'm pretty sure our D's stats have gone down this season, just like our win record.

Sigh...

prough91
12-04-2007, 03:41 AM
I haven't looked at all the stats but I'm pretty sure our D's stats have gone down this season, just like our win record.

Sigh...

Our defense is a top ten defense. Could you say that 2 years ago?

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Our defense is a top ten defense. Could you say that 2 years ago?

No I couldn't, and I'm worried it won't be that way after the end of the season either.

Dick was wrong for getting rid of Edwards (sorry he is hurt, he is awesome), but Herm didn't draft Jared.

How is Turk or Tank doing?

Hali is slower than hell, and Surtain takes baby steps.

Guru
12-04-2007, 03:47 AM
No I couldn't, and I'm worried it won't be that way after the end of the season either.

Dick was wrong for getting rid of Edwards (sorry he is hurt, he is awesome), but Herm didn't draft Jared.

How is Turk or Tank doing?

Hali is slower than hell, and Surtain takes baby steps.

Surtain was brought here by DV as well.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Surtain was brought here by DV as well.

He still takes baby steps though.

I don't know who to trust any more.

Who is telling the truth?

Is it Carl?

Is it Herm?

Is it the Players?

Why don't we hear more from Clark?

Guru
12-04-2007, 03:51 AM
He still takes baby steps though.

I don't know who to trust any more.

Who is telling the truth?

Is it Carl?

Is it Herm?

Is it the Players?

Why don't we hear more from Clark?

1. NEVER

2. In his own way.

3. more likely

4. The BURNING question.

chief31
12-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Failing to replace Hall of Fame O-linemen is a failure. If you are going to rebuild, then shouldn't you do that?

We have no choice but to give him another year. But, unfortunately, it generally takes a season of playing together, for an offensive line to show what they can do. So, that will mean another year of "Give him another year.". And the offensive line could have been addressed, better than it has, by now.

Herm has a seven year history of ignoring the offensive line. Hopefully, CP will force the issue this offseason. Although, LJ will be eating-up a big chunk of salary cap space for a long time.

Guru
12-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Failing to replace Hall of Fame O-linemen is a failure. If you are going to rebuild, then shouldn't you do that?

We have no choice but to give him another year. But, unfortunately, it generally takes a season of playing together, for an offensive line to show what they can do. So, that will mean another year of "Give him another year.". And the offensive line could have been addressed, better than it has, by now.

Herm has a seven year history of ignoring the offensive line. Hopefully, CLARK will force the issue this offseason. Although, LJ will be eating-up a big chunk of salary cap space for a long time.

Made one slight change.

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 10:47 AM

Really???? Even when we lose???

chief31
12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, for me, losing takes a great deal away from my enjoyment of a game. :D

luv
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Really???? Even when we lose???
Go cry in your beer. I will always enjoy watching the Chiefs play and GOING TO GAMES. That's right, I would NEVER pass on the opportunity to go to a game. I love watching live football, at any level.

Yes, we lost. Yes Huard got sacked 8 times. Yes, we were unable to get the job done in the second half. I wonder what the game would have been like if Edwards would have been in for the second half.

I am disappointed with the loss, but I enjoyed seeing what I got to see. Sue me, call me an idiot, I really couldn't care less what you think.

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Go cry in your beer. I will always enjoy watching the Chiefs play and GOING TO GAMES. That's right, I would NEVER pass on the opportunity to go to a game. I love watching live football, at any level.

Yes, we lost. Yes Huard got sacked 8 times. Yes, we were unable to get the job done in the second half. I wonder what the game would have been like if Edwards would have been in for the second half.

I am disappointed with the loss, but I enjoyed seeing what I got to see. Sue me, call me an idiot, I really couldn't care less what you think.
That time again already????? I just asked a question! You seem to get all butt hurt quite easily and often! There have been several posts from several members that seem to enrage you as of late.

I never said anything about not watching or going to the games or passing on the oppurtunity. I simply asked a question. The only one crying here is you! You need to check yourself before you fly off the handle! Different people have different feelings about the team right now and that is ok.

Get off the whole "nobody can tell me how to be a fan" thing you've got going! Once or twice I'm ok with but you have posted repeatedly about this and it's gettin old. Everyone knows your a fanatic about the Chiefs and your going to marry Jared Allen one day and BLAH BLAH BLAH, that's great but all the whining about what everyone else should be or how they feel is beginning to get a bit stale.

sues70
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Thanks Luv. I was really feeling guilty about loving the game so much. I wish everybody could have the same feeling again of going to their very first game. Have you all been to so many that you can't even get excited about it anymore. Even though I was about the only one still in my section at the end of the game, I loved every second. You can't get that excitement sitting at home.

luv
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
That time again already????? I just asked a question! You seem to get all butt hurt quite easily and often! There have been several posts from several members that seem to enrage you as of late.

I never said anything about not watching or going to the games or passing on the oppurtunity. I simply asked a question. The only one crying here is you! You need to check yourself before you fly off the handle! Different people have different feelings about the team right now and that is ok.

Get off the whole "nobody can tell me how to be a fan" thing you've got going! Once or twice I'm ok with but you have posted repeatedly about this and it's gettin old. Everyone knows your a fanatic about the Chiefs and your going to marry Jared Allen one day and BLAH BLAH BLAH, that's great but all the whining about what everyone else should be or how they feel is beginning to get a bit stale.
I'm trying to be positive. Every thread is filled with fire Herm, I hate Herm, Herm sucks. Same with Carl. Everyone is so focused on the negative. I try to focus on the positive, and people think I'm arguing with them. You replied to my about by asking about the loss. That's what everyone is focusing on. There's more to the game. No, we're not winning, but I enjoy watching individual players, and how they're developing.

Also, you should never ask a woman if it's "that time".

luv
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
PS. Yes, I know I'm moody. I tend to overreact. It's part of who I am. Take it with a grain of salt. If you can't do that, there's an ignore feature around here somewhere. While I go overboard in expressing an opinion, I really don't feel like arguing as of late. Sorry if that's what you are trying to get me to do.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm trying to be positive. Every thread is filled with fire Herm, I hate Herm, Herm sucks. Same with Carl. Everyone is so focused on the negative. I try to focus on the positive, and people think I'm arguing with them. You replied to my about by asking about the loss. That's what everyone is focusing on. There's more to the game. No, we're not winning, but I enjoy watching individual players, and how they're developing.

True, an overload of negativity may seem to bring the board down some, I'm as guilty as the next member of that. Posting right after a miserable loss seems to facilitate it. You bring up some very good points luv, and I appreciate your positive attitude. :)

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
PS. Yes, I know I'm moody. I tend to overreact. It's part of who I am. Take it with a grain of salt. If you can't do that, there's an ignore feature around here somewhere. While I go overboard in expressing an opinion, I really don't feel like arguing as of late. Sorry if that's what you are trying to get me to do.

Outstanding advice luv! We mods have been tryin to get that message a crossed to people for months now! :sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM

Why not? You seem to bring it up when it is.

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Not trying to get you to argue at all. I am one who gets sick of all of the positivity when there is almost nothing to be positive about!!! Yea, Allen is having a great year. Smith looks pretty good. Bowe seems to be the real deal. Outside of those, I'm not sure anything else can be spoke of in a positive manner reguarding this team!!

So, to reply to an earlier post, yes, I guess some of us have been to so many games and seen so much of this **** that they are fielding as of late, that we are fed up and are tired of it!

We are damn near last in points per game, total yds per game, passing yds per gam and rushing yds per game!! Not much to be positive about there!! We have only been TO the playoff 3 times in the last 10 years and last year was a gift. I'll take it but a gift none the less.

I don't want to ignore anyone because everyone has some good posts but damn, I know the glass in your world is half full but at some point, the water will evaporate!!

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Are you okay?

:lol:

I'm fine now; I just have to remember to not post right after a miserable loss. :)

m0ef0e
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks Luv. I was really feeling guilty about loving the game so much. I wish everybody could have the same feeling again of going to their very first game. Have you all been to so many that you can't even get excited about it anymore. Even though I was about the only one still in my section at the end of the game, I loved every second. You can't get that excitement sitting at home.

I still yelled myself hoarse Sunday but in answer to your question:

YES, I have become quite jaded in regards to the Chiefs for the following reasons:

We haven't won a playoff game since 1994.

Peterson can be tied to an endless stream of draft-day mistakes yet he has the longest current tenure of any GM with any NFL team.

Until Brodie Croyle, the Chiefs seemed to be scouting their QB talent in retirement homes.

Prices have steadily increased.

Jackson county taxpayers are helping to rennovate a stadium that hosts a team that has left much to be desired for more than a decade.

Canada
12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
We are damn near last in points per game, total yds per game, passing yds per gam and rushing yds per game!! Not much to be positive about there!! We have only been TO the playoff 3 times in the last 10 years and last year was a gift. I'll take it but a gift none the less.

I don't want to ignore anyone because everyone has some good posts but damn, I know the glass in your world is half full but at some point, the water will evaporate!!

We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me. If we can't score it sure is fun watching the defense knock some people around. I don't honestly care if you don;t like my glass is half full attitude. But I guess there are things that I like to watch on Sundays. We are 4-8, am I supposed to stop watching them and ***** and complain all season and talk about what is wrong. There will be plenty of time gor that in the offseason. Right now I have a team to cheer for!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me. If we can't score it sure is fun watching the defense knock some people around. I don't honestly care if you don;t like my glass is half full attitude. But I guess there are things that I like to watch on Sundays. We are 4-8, am I supposed to stop watching them and ***** and complain all season and talk about what is wrong. There will be plenty of time gor that in the offseason. Right now I have a team to cheer for!! :bananen_smilies046:
Kind of I guess. We have given up almost 250 points! Probably only 11 or 12 teams that have given up more.

I know where your comin from but we aren't as good as we were earlier this year.

Like I said before, I'm not as disappointed as some becuase I expected this season to go this way.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me...

...Coors or Bud???

rbedgood
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Just to put another perspective on this (read my signature)...at least you guys are getting to watch Tony Gonzalez continue to excel and hopefully finish his career in KC. I on the other hand enjoyed the glory years of my team, but then had to watch most of the best players finish their careers in other uniforms (Montana, Craig, Rice, Lott, and Watters come to mind off the top of my head) The only real star who didn't get run off was Steve Young, and he likely would've if his career hadn't been shortened by injury.

rbedgood
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
...Coors or Bud???

I thought your glass was always Diet Coke...

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Just to put another perspective on this (read my signature)...at least you guys are getting to watch Tony Gonzalez continue to excel and hopefully finish his career in KC. I on the other hand enjoyed the glory years of my team, but then had to watch most of the best players finish their careers in other uniforms (Montana, Craig, Rice, Lott, and Watters come to mind off the top of my head) The only real star who didn't get run off was Steve Young, and he likely would've if his career hadn't been shortened by injury.

Good point.

I thought your glass was always Diet Coke...

It is, but Canada's is always beer. :D

hermhater
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Exactly!!!

:sign0098:

hermhater
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
...Coors or Bud???

Canadian Bud.

One in a glass, one in a sleeve!

:D :bananen_smilies046: :lol:

luv
12-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Not trying to get you to argue at all. I am one who gets sick of all of the positivity when there is almost nothing to be positive about!!! Yea, Allen is having a great year. Smith looks pretty good. Bowe seems to be the real deal. Outside of those, I'm not sure anything else can be spoke of in a positive manner reguarding this team!!

So, to reply to an earlier post, yes, I guess some of us have been to so many games and seen so much of this **** that they are fielding as of late, that we are fed up and are tired of it!

I'm weird. I'm more critical of the team when we're doing good. It's like I don't want the floor to drop out from under us. Whenever it does, I try to find things to focus on that help encourage in order to build back up. I'm just a little backwards.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm weird. I'm more critical of the team when we're doing good. It's like I don't want the floor to drop out from under us. Whenever it does, I try to find things to focus on that help encourage in order to build back up. I'm just a little backwards.

Your fine luv, nothing wrong with trying to be positive, and look for the good in things - such as they are.

prough91
12-05-2007, 03:17 AM

Here's what I am hoping. The Chiefs addressed some issues with the defense this offseason. I'm hoping they will address the offense this offseason. The team was getting old before Herm took over and it will take more than one or two years to change that.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Canadian Bud.

One in a glass, one in a sleeve!

:D :bananen_smilies046: :lol:

YouTube - Bud Light Commercial. Opera. Broken Bottles

m0ef0e
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's what I am hoping. The Chiefs addressed some issues with the defense this offseason. I'm hoping they will address the offense this offseason. The team was getting old before Herm took over and it will take more than one or two years to change that.

If we get good help on the o-line for next season and keep the defense up (need another young corner or two), it will all pretty much fall on Brodie's shoulders.

DrunkHillbilly
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
If we get good help on the o-line for next season and keep the defense up (need another young corner or two), it will all pretty much fall on Brodie's shoulders.
This would create a another problem. We need to address that position as well IMO.

prough91
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
This would create a another problem. We need to address that position as well IMO.

I would really like to see Croyle succeed and I hate to judge him after only a few games with a crappy o-line, but I can't help remembering against Denver when they had those six penalties in a row and he had six shots to get it into the endzone and he couldn't do it. Hell, give me six shots I could get it into the endzone.

DrunkHillbilly
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I would really like to see Croyle succeed and I hate to judge him after only a few games with a crappy o-line, but I can't help remembering against Denver when they had those six penalties in a row and he had six shots to get it into the endzone and he couldn't do it. Hell, give me six shots I could get it into the endzone.
He's destined to be a career backup. I watched him a ton in college and he wasn't that good at Alabama. Since we addressed the WR position that I so badly thought we needed to do, this is my new position of interest. It goes without saying our O line needs to be addressed and though I would like to see another WR, I think a QB, whether it be through free agency or the draft, is a necessity that we have to be aware of.

timsatt1
12-07-2007, 05:27 PM

with a forearm like beauwolf, how is he not going to be the next joe montana?

prough91
12-08-2007, 09:04 AM
with a forearm like beauwolf, how is he not going to be the next joe montana?

He has a big forearm so he'll be the next Joe Montana? Forearm? You're judging his playing ability by his forearm? It is better to be thought stupid than to open your mouth (or type) and remove all doubt.

timsatt1
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
He has a big forearm so he'll be the next Joe Montana? Forearm? You're judging his playing ability by his forearm? It is better to be thought stupid than to open your mouth (or type) and remove all doubt.

ummm...first off welcome to the boards..

believe it or not, before you came back or whatever, there were thousands of posts posted and you missed out on a lot.

now some people know me a little better than you.

they also know that we had a sarcastic post about an announcer compairing brody to beauwolf. and we always joked about it....this post by me was that joke....but feel free to keep commenting on all my posts. i am getting a kick out of it.

McLovin
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM

YouTube - A Conversation Between Allen Iverson and Jim Mora

prough91
12-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Lol that was good!

Chiefster
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Lol that was good!

Yup hilarious!:lol::lol::lol:

chief31
12-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Very funny. Rep, most definitely, added.