PDA

View Full Version : How do you get over this loss? If we lose at Denver it is over.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 03:57 AM
What do you do personally to not go insane wondering whether we will make the playoffs this year..

Please help.

Guru
12-04-2007, 04:01 AM
HH, Yesterday was the beginning of our playoffs. We are already done.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Remember how f@rked up last year was, and Herm yelled to the press "I just want to make this clear! WE DID NOT BACK INTO THE PLAYOFFSS!"

This year would only be one or two wins at the end of the season, with division rivals losing all their games like they did last year!

Guru
12-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Remember how f@rked up last year was, and Herm yelled to the press "I just want to make this clear! WE DID NOT BACK INTO THE PLAYOFFSS!"

This year would only be one or two wins at the end of the season, with division rivals losing all their games like they did last year!

Sorry bud. IT IS OVER!!!!

The sooner you can accept that the sooner you can move on to next year.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 04:14 AM
But there are so few games left...

I want to believe...

Guru
12-04-2007, 04:16 AM
But there are so few games left...

I want to believe...

Well, if you need something to hold on to, 2nd place is still an option.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we were actually able to come in second in the entire NFL?

I would love it!

First place looks like the Pats.

Seems like it is the Steelers that are gonna take it to me though.

prough91
12-04-2007, 04:24 AM
I think the Pats are a team of destiny after tonight.

Guru
12-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we were actually able to come in second in the entire NFL?

I would love it!

I was saying 2nd in the AFC Worst.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 04:46 AM
I was saying 2nd in the AFC Worst.

Squeakkk....

:D

greg3564
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
It will be a fricking miracle if we don't finish last! The Raiders are right behind us and quite honestly playing better football right now. How humiliating would it be to finish last? I can't even stomach the thought. But, I don't really know if we'll win anymore games, even against the Jets. This season can't be over soon enough.:mob:

Chiefsfan27
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM

I would love it!

wtf? do you not realize that we are 4-8?
the odds are completely against us we have no shot. Cant wit for the draft.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
...If we lose to Denver it's over.

I hate to be the one to break this to ya, but...

nigeriannightmare
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
This season is a wash. I'll be wearing red every sunday and cheering them on for the rest of the season, but if we finish 4-12 something will have to be done...have to.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
This season is a wash. I'll be wearing red every sunday and cheering them on for the rest of the season, but if we finish 4-12 something will have to be done...have to.

We are on track to do just that.

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
if we go 4 and 12...that could lead to MANY GOOD THINGS!!

Great draft pick. (for o line players)
larry johnson trade for some good ol linemen
herm fired.

now sorry im not trying to get on the larry johnson fans nerves.

i am saying that some teams will be willing to give up A LOT for LJ. so we could get some great players for him and have smith to run for us under a new coaching staff and have the blockers for him. We are so close to being an offensive powerhouse.

T.Gonzalez + Bowe + Brody + smith + new GOOD o LINE= HOLY SHlT!!!

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM

herm fired.

i am saying that some teams will be willing to give up A LOT for LJ. so we could get some great players for him and have smith to run for us under a new coaching staff and have the blockers for him. We are so close to being an offensive powerhouse.

Dreamin's free!! LJ isn't going anywhere.

Coach
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
What do you do personally to not go insane wondering whether we will make the playoffs this year..

Please help.
What? Are you now doing stand up rountines?

herm fired.

The draft will definitely help this team's O-Line.

LJ isn't getting traded. Even if Carl decided to float him out there, he would have very little trade value due to the size of his contract.

Herm isn't going anywhere for at least another year.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
What? Are you now doing stand up rountines?

He tries. :rolleyes:

The draft will definitely help this team's O-Line.

LJ isn't getting traded. Even if Carl decided to float him out there, he would have very little trade value due to the size of his contract.

Herm isn't going anywhere for at least another year.

...And eggsactly!

greg3564
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Dreamin's free!! LJ isn't going anywhere.

Don't count on it. He has become very expendable in light of the fact Kolby Smith is running better than LJ could even dream of. Kolby is under a cheap contract. It's well known that the Chiefs were attempting to shop LJ last summer. My prediction is LJ gets picked up by another team for a 2nd and 4th round draft pick not to mention the salary cap room that will be cleared by LJ and Priest.

LJ's crappy attitude and poor play has screwed his stay with the Chiefs. The Chiefs have never been a team to tolerate the likes of T.O.'s, Moss's and LJ's and they aren't trapped now that Kolby Smith has emerged as a real threat.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Don't count on it. He has become very expendable in light of the fact Kolby Smith is running better than LJ could even dream of. Kolby is under a cheap contract. It's well known that the Chiefs were attempting to shop LJ last summer. My prediction is LJ gets picked up by another team for a 2nd and 4th round draft pick not to mention the salary cap room that will be cleared by LJ and Priest.

LJ's crappy attitude and poor play has screwed his stay with the Chiefs. The Chiefs have never been a team to tolerate the likes of T.O.'s, Moss's and LJ's and they aren't trapped now that Kolby Smith has emerged as a real threat.

Possibly, but how many teams out there are going to be willing to pick up his 45 million dollar contract?

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 07:37 PM

This is one of the funnier posts I have read on the Crowd!!!

Smith plays 2 games and all of a sudden he's a better RB than LJ could ever dream about being?? WOW!!

I guess Kolby is on track to blow that 1800 yd season right out of the water!! Better yet, how bout the 9 games LJ played when Priest went down?

Like it or not, he's a Chief for a while! If we get a decent line in place, he will once again be one of the more dominant RB's in the league.

greg3564
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Smith plays 2 games and all of a sudden he's a better RB than LJ could ever dream about being?? WOW!!

I guess Kolby is on track to blow that 1800 yd season right out of the water!! Better yet, how bout the 9 games LJ played when Priest went down?

Like it or not, he's a Chief for a while! If we get a decent line in place, he will once again be one of the more dominant RB's in the league.

Hey, I have to admit, I hopped on the "O line is causing the RB woes" bandwagon. But, Kolby has dispelled that myth. Here's some stats, keeping in mind LJ has played in 9 games.

Carries-

LJ 158
KS 62

Yards-

LJ 559
KS 252

TD's-

LJ 3
KS 2

Average Yards per Rush

LJ 3.5
KS 4.1

Say what you want, but Kolby has half the yards in 2 games than LJ had in 9. He's well on his way to beating LJ if given 9 games to play. The O line is the same one LJ ran behind. Look no further than Huard falling all over the field this weekend to know that.

greg3564
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM

My remark was about this season, not LJ's entire career. Let's face it, LJ has hit a wall. Why? Who knows. But, I would rather see him traded for some great O line players and I feel that Kolby is more than capable of running up the yards and points. But, all this is a moot point as long as Herm is calling the shots.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Comparisons between the two are apples and oranges for both of them. ...Different games and defenses faced.

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Comparisons between the two are apples and oranges for both of them. ...Different games and defenses faced.
Eggsactly!

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Eggsactly!

:D :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
well, ill say this, under a bad offensive line, smith is entirely more effective than LJ. Unless we revamp our O line tremendously, LJ is worthless to the Chiefs and Smith is an asset.

all i have to say is LJs renegotiated contract is a mistake that will haunt the chiefs for the next few years. That contract had a huge impact on our options. Basically, in a nutshell, i am saying, WE ARE *******.

i dont see us as a good team for a long time. I am saying this now that i have taken off my Chiefs fan goggles. We are not in a good position as an organization. A bad team with not a lot of salary cap.

Can you say New York Knicks?

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
well, ill say this, under a bad offensive line, smith is entirely more effective than LJ. Unless we revamp our O line tremendously, LJ is worthless to the Chiefs and Smith is an asset.

all i have to say is LJs renegotiated contract is a mistake that will haunt the chiefs for the next few years. That contract had a huge impact on our options. Basically, in a nutshell, i am saying, WE ARE FHUCKED.

i dont see us as a good team for a long time. I am saying this now that i have taken off my Chiefs fan goggles. We are not in a good position as an organization. A bad team with not a lot of salary cap.

Can you say New York Knicks?
You are so confused.

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
You are so confused.

yes, because my mind thinks differently than yours. i must be! :yahoo:

DrunkHillbilly
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
yes, because my mind thinks differently than yours. i must be! :yahoo:
No. For comparing the Chiefs to the Knicks! They're salary cap situation is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse than ours it's unbelievable! The Chiefs will be about middle of the road when it comes to cap room.

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 11:16 PM
No. For comparing the Chiefs to the Knicks! They're salary cap situation is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse than ours it's unbelievable! The Chiefs will be about middle of the road when it comes to cap room.

ok true, i was totally exagerating.

didnt know if ppl in here actually knew anything about the knicks or the nba for that matter.

you are correct.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey, I have to admit, I hopped on the "O line is causing the RB woes" bandwagon. But, Kolby has dispelled that myth. Here's some stats, keeping in mind LJ has played in 9 games.

Carries-

LJ 158
KS 62

Yards-

LJ 559
KS 252

TD's-

LJ 3
KS 2

Average Yards per Rush

LJ 3.5
KS 4.1

Say what you want, but Kolby has half the yards in 2 games than LJ had in 9. He's well on his way to beating LJ if given 9 games to play. The O line is the same one LJ ran behind. Look no further than Huard falling all over the field this weekend to know that.

The play calling from Solari/Herm was completely different during the times that these two started.

We have been in desperation mode lately and been making progress because of the creativity.

Defenses don't know exactly what we are gonna call every down, so they are unprepared.

I think Kolby is awesome, but think it has less to do with the O line, than play calling.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
The play calling from Solari/Herm was completely different during the times that these two started.

We have been in desperation mode lately and been making progress because of the creativity.

Defenses don't know exactly what we are gonna call every down, so they are unprepared.

I think Kolby is awesome, but think it has less to do with the O line, than play calling.

...Agreed, and yet we still only managed ten points.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 12:01 AM
...Agreed, and yet we still only managed ten points.
Positively outstanding!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Positively outstanding!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
12-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I hope that I am wrong, but in just two games, there has already been a big decrease in Kolbys productivity. It is way too early for me to rest my hopes on Kolby. He has started two games. I honestly see Kolby coming back to Earth soon.

I would like to see the Chiefs actually get something in trade for LJ, but very seriously doubt that it will happen. I feel that RBs are a dime a dozen, so I wouldn't really miss LJ alot.

I just think that comparing Smiths numbers for two games, to LJs numbers, over nine games, is unfair. His numbers against the Chrgers weren't even that great. The one game makes him look alot better.

Three7s
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Kolby had a little over 80 yards against the Chargers, anyone know on how many carries?

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Kolby had a little over 80 yards against the Chargers, anyone know on how many carries?
21 or 22 carries.

chief31
12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
21 carries, 83 yards.

Guru
12-06-2007, 05:26 AM
21 carries, 83 yards.
About par for the course with our line.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 05:38 AM

I'm surprised it's that good.

DrunkHillbilly
12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
This is good with our line!! 4.0 per carry!!

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
This is good with our line!! 4.0 per carry!!

Yup!

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
i think, chiefs31, we are more impressed with what we actually see with our own eyes in smith, than merely looking at his stats. Did you see the game? He literally was making people miss and outrunning the defense. His cuts were Priest-like.

So if you did not see the game and just saw stats, you have no clue what this young man can do.

Yes, you are right that it is to early to KNOW how good he really is.

...but it isnt too early to start talking about what we have already seen and have hope for our future with him as our RB.

Three7s
12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
All I saw in Smith was a guy who rushed for 150 yards against a bad rush defense(no offense), and a guy who was on pace for 100 yards, if given a few more carries, against a solid rush defense. I think he's pretty good!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-06-2007, 11:40 PM

Please help.
Is that a serious question? This season has been over for 4 weeks or so and if we even got lucky to get to the playoffs we would get our *** handed to us. Flat out we suck and thats all there is to it! It will be years til we are good again...MAYBE! The chiefs will not come out of this very easy...The O line, secondary herm ,carl...THAT IS ALOT TO OVER COME NOT TO MENTION ARROWHEAD is a ghosttown compared to past years! Just my 2 cents

hermhater
12-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Is that a serious question? This season has been over for 4 weeks or so and if we even got lucky to get to the playoffs we would get our *** handed to us. Flat out we suck and thats all there is to it! It will be years til we are good again...MAYBE! The chiefs will not come out of this very easy...The O line, secondary herm ,carl...THAT IS ALOT TO OVER COME NOT TO MENTION ARROWHEAD is a ghosttown compared to past years! Just my 2 cents

4 weeks or so ago we were in first place, so you must have been against the Chiefs making the playoffs before the season even started.

I don't get that statement from a Chiefs fan.

:sign0153:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
4 weeks or so ago we were in first place, so you must have been against the Chiefs making the playoffs before the season even started.

I don't get that statement from a Chiefs fan.

:sign0153:
Im just saying from the football is seen this year from the chiefs has been BAD and the only thing that looked good was the D and thats it. BELIVE ME I AM A DIE HARD CHIEFS FAN THERE IS NO DOUBTING THAT!! But i have seen one good game from them this year the SD game thats it! I watch every game i can regardless of the score til the end and cheer all the way. Thats just my thoughts of what i seen.

Mile_High_Chiefs_Fan
12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
We won't lose to Denver....I am in Denver, and the Chiefs are going to kick some serious *** this week...It will be a breakout game for the entire team. And, I'll be seating in the fourth row behind the chiefs bench to watch this game...I'll be wearing my L.J. away jersey and sportin' the RED Herm Edwards sideline cap...I will be on T.V., and this will be a great win for our CHIEFS!!! It will be more impressive than the 9-6 loss hear in Denver last year, and I will enjoy every chillin' minute and every cold Coars Light thrown on me on Sunday....It'll be great!!!

Go Chiefs!!!
-a Mile High Chiefs Fan

P.S. The only other team I chear for are the ones that show up to play Denver...

It's our week! Go Chiefs!!!

Guru
12-07-2007, 01:06 AM
i think, chiefs31, we are more impressed with what we actually see with our own eyes in smith, than merely looking at his stats. Did you see the game? He literally was making people miss and outrunning the defense. His cuts were Priest-like.

So if you did not see the game and just saw stats, you have no clue what this young man can do.

...but it isnt too early to start talking about what we have already seen and have hope for our future with him as our RB.

Hope? Hope!?

We are Chiefs fans. There will be none of that around these here parts.

hermhater
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
We won't lose to Denver....I am in Denver, and the Chiefs are going to kick some serious *** this week...It will be a breakout game for the entire team. And, I'll be seating in the fourth row behind the chiefs bench to watch this game...I'll be wearing my L.J. away jersey and sportin' the RED Herm Edwards sideline cap...I will be on T.V., and this will be a great win for our CHIEFS!!! It will be more impressive than the 9-6 loss hear in Denver last year, and I will enjoy every chillin' minute and every cold Coars Light thrown on me on Sunday....It'll be great!!!

Go Chiefs!!!
-a Mile High Chiefs Fan

P.S. The only other team I chear for are the ones that show up to play Denver...

Dude if you are on TV I will post it!

Way to go man!

This is our playoff game right here!

Chiefs win the rest of the regular season and sweep the playoffs!!!!

:D :bananen_smilies046::welcome:

chief31
12-07-2007, 02:55 AM

I have watched. I like what I have seen from him too. All I am saying is that two games is not ample time to say that he has proven he can carry the load.

Hope? He77 yeah. But there is no proof yet.

IlovetheChiefs
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM

Go Chiefs!!!
-a Mile High Chiefs Fan

And likewise for me, the Chiefs are my #1 team and my #2 team is whoever the dumb Philadelphia Eagles team is playing! (Unless they are playing Denver, S.D. or the (yuck!) Raiders).

Have a great time watching us BONK the DONKS! As
I said before:

S.D. at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at S.D. --> We WIN
Oakland at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at Oakland --> We WIN
Denver at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at Denver --> And so according to the pattern, we WIN!!!!!!!!!!

GO KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

prough91
12-07-2007, 11:06 AM
And likewise for me, the Chiefs are my #1 team and my #2 team is whoever the dumb Philadelphia Eagles team is playing! (Unless they are playing Denver, S.D. or the (yuck!) Raiders).

Have a great time watching us BONK the DONKS! As
I said before:

S.D. at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at S.D. --> We WIN
Oakland at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at Oakland --> We WIN
Denver at Chiefs --> We LOSE
Chiefs at Denver --> And so according to the pattern, we WIN!!!!!!!!!!

GO KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

That is very scientific!:D