PDA

View Full Version : Are We Lucky or What!

kenny1937
01-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

I'll pass; living in the here and now is tough enough. I don't think I wanna relive the past 18 years.

kenny1937
01-30-2007, 12:12 PM
My point exactly, Mr. Peterson would ressurect the pasts coaches, pasts offenses and defenses, he is satisfied in teasing the fans with teams almost good enough to make the playoffs, or comes close to make the playoffs, because like Tex Mars of the old Dallas Cowboy regime it makes money and fills the stands without spending what is needed to go to the next level, and if we do make the next level it will be because of lucky breaks and being on the right football field at the right time. It is a win win situation for him, but not so win win for us. Sigh, I guess I have said enough.

Chiefster
01-31-2007, 01:43 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
My point exactly, Mr. Peterson would ressurect the pasts coaches, pasts offenses and defenses, he is satisfied in teasing the fans with teams almost good enough to make the playoffs, or comes close to make the playoffs, because like Tex Mars of the old Dallas Cowboy regime it makes money and fills the stands without spending what is needed to go to the next level, and if we do make the next level it will be because of lucky breaks and being on the right football field at the right time. It is a win win situation for him, but not so win win for us. Sigh, I guess I have said enough.

Yep! It's all about the $$$

chief31
01-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, well, just for the heck of it.....

Vermiel - Head Coach
Cowher - Defensive Coordinator
Saunders - Offensive Coordinator

O-line - Roaf; Waters; Wiegmann; Shields; Tait (yes, the entire '04 line.) Nothing against guys like Alt and Grunhard, I think that the '04 group was the most talented group, ever assembled.

Trent Green is my quarterback. Since I wasn't watching in Dawsons day, and Rich Gannon didn't get the chance, here, in K.C.

Gimmee Priest and Marcus Allen at halfback.

T-Rich is the obvious fullback choice. Since Okoye was a halfback.

Tony Gonzales - DUHH!!!!

Let me have Stephone Paige; Andre Rison; and I'll need Dante Hall for the return game.

How 'bout this pair of DE's? Jared Allen and Neil Smith.

DT I loved the combo of Dan Saleaumua, with Bill Maas.

D.T. and D.J. are my OLB's.

Trcy Simien is the only choice for MLB.

My two CB's would be Albert Lewis and James Hasty. (honorable mention for Ty Law here.)

For safties I take Deron Cherry and Sammy Knight.

Again, I didn't see Stenerud play, so Nick Lowery kicks for me and I like Colquitt to punt.

This is the best that I can do, since I missed the earlier teams. But, I was bored and this is the result.

Chiefster
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
chief31 wrote:
Yeah, well, just for the heck of it.....

Vermiel - Head Coach
Cowher - Defensive Coordinator
Saunders - Offensive Coordinator

O-line - Roaf; Waters; Wiegmann; Shields; Tait (yes, the entire '04 line.) Nothing against guys like Alt and Grunhard, I think that the '04 group was the most talented group, ever assembled.

Trent Green is my quarterback. Since I wasn't watching in Dawsons day, and Rich Gannon didn't get the chance, here, in K.C.

Gimmee Priest and Marcus Allen at halfback.

T-Rich is the obvious fullback choice. Since Okoye was a halfback.

Tony Gonzales - DUHH!!!!

Let me have Stephone Paige; Andre Rison; and I'll need Dante Hall for the return game.

How 'bout this pair of DE's? Jared Allen and Neil Smith.

DT I loved the combo of Dan Saleaumua, with Bill Maas.

D.T. and D.J. are my OLB's.

Trcy Simien is the only choice for MLB.

My two CB's would be Albert Lewis and James Hasty. (honorable mention for Ty Law here.)

For safties I take Deron Cherry and Sammy Knight.

Again, I didn't see Stenerud play, so Nick Lowery kicks for me and I like Colquitt to punt.

This is the best that I can do, since I missed the earlier teams. But, I was bored and this is the result.

I like the way you think sir! That's a SB team right there! :-D

kenny1937
02-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Now see Mr. Peterson, we have given you the help you need, now go out and get players who can play like the team chief31 has gathered and coaches likewise, and you can go to the Super Bowl next season, or let it be the same old thing and we suffer through another season barely making the playoffs and leaving the stadium after the first game, packing up for next year. I wonder if he is listening chief31?

Chiefster
02-01-2007, 08:58 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Now see Mr. Peterson, we have given you the help you need, now go out and get players who can play like the team chief31 has gathered and coaches likewise, and you can go to the Super Bowl next season, or let it be the same old thing and we suffer through another season barely making the playoffs and leaving the stadium after the first game, packing up for next year. I wonder if he is listening chief31?

Wonder no more; he is NOT listening. Why in the world would he change an 18 year old habbit.

kenny1937
02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
(Sigh) I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, (or so ive heard) (grin)

Chiefster
02-01-2007, 02:35 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
(Sigh) I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, (or so ive heard) (grin)

If only Queen Carl was a dog.

chief31
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, even if he were listening, it's a tough job, trying to predict what kind of player certain young men will grow into. Combine that with other ingredients, such as, injuries, personalities, team chemistry, coaching philosophies, luck, and countless other tiny aspects of a team, and you can see the task we ask of C.P.

Every Chiefs site that I have visited, seems to have a very negative view on Peterson. I have never help in the C.P. bashing, because I don't have that view.

That entire list, that I made up, consists of alot of people who Carl brought here. The rest of them, at some point, or another, were re-signed/renegotiated with by him.

I may not agree with every move that he makes, but that doesn't mean that I think he should be fired. For example, I thought we should have drafted Winston Justice and Maurice Stovall, last season. And I was livid about it, when it didn't happen. Now, I love the two guys that we took, instead. Not to say, that I think it was the right move, but I can't complain about the players he took.

Evey team in the N.F.L. has drafted some "flops". We cannot expect to be different. Couple that with the fact that Carl, generally, allows his head coaches to choose who they feel is right for the team, and I can't see where Carl Peterson is to blame for so much of the organizations failures. In fact, the one draft selection that we know to have been his choice, alone, was Larry Johnson. Do we feel that he was a mistake? (well, I don't, particularly care for the guy, too much.) But, obviously the guy has alot of talent.

The one problem that I have with C.P., is that I would like to see him be a bit more aggressive in making trades, within the draft. I find that we usually have a shortage of draft picks, available. And I find that we seem to be "reaching" for some of the guys we draft. Most experts believed that we could have drafted both, Hali and Pollard, a round later than we did. If we would have traded down, we could have, then, replaced some picks, that we were missing, even added a pick, or two.

Overall, though, I am not one of the many, who seem dissatisfied with Carl Petersons work. There is only one Super Bowl, each year. That means that only one team can be the champion. I have been dissapointed, but I don't hold it against C.P.

kenny1937
02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
It is a common ailment chief31, it is officially known as fan frustration. The symptons are, GM bashing, Coach bashing, Player bashing, and of course Team bashing. There is no known cure for it, outside of winning, and every team in the NFL is afflicted with it. Fans are Fans, and I am sure that GM's and Coaches have thick skins and they probably pay little attention to the comments of frustrated fans. To me it is not personal, I just have fun posting, and unlike "Big Nate" (comic strip) I don't do any YO Mama Bashing, just tongue in cheek, coach and gm, and sometimes player "critique". (grin)

Chiefster
02-03-2007, 01:29 AM
chief31 wrote:
Well, even if he were listening, it's a tough job, trying to predict what kind of player certain young men will grow into. Combine that with other ingredients, such as, injuries, personalities, team chemistry, coaching philosophies, luck, and countless other tiny aspects of a team, and you can see the task we ask of C.P.

Every Chiefs site that I have visited, seems to have a very negative view on Peterson. I have never help in the C.P. bashing, because I don't have that view.

That entire list, that I made up, consists of alot of people who Carl brought here. The rest of them, at some point, or another, were re-signed/renegotiated with by him.

I may not agree with every move that he makes, but that doesn't mean that I think he should be fired. For example, I thought we should have drafted Winston Justice and Maurice Stovall, last season. And I was livid about it, when it didn't happen. Now, I love the two guys that we took, instead. Not to say, that I think it was the right move, but I can't complain about the players he took.

Evey team in the N.F.L. has drafted some "flops". We cannot expect to be different. Couple that with the fact that Carl, generally, allows his head coaches to choose who they feel is right for the team, and I can't see where Carl Peterson is to blame for so much of the organizations failures. In fact, the one draft selection that we know to have been his choice, alone, was Larry Johnson. Do we feel that he was a mistake? (well, I don't, particularly care for the guy, too much.) But, obviously the guy has alot of talent.

The one problem that I have with C.P., is that I would like to see him be a bit more aggressive in making trades, within the draft. I find that we usually have a shortage of draft picks, available. And I find that we seem to be "reaching" for some of the guys we draft. Most experts believed that we could have drafted both, Hali and Pollard, a round later than we did. If we would have traded down, we could have, then, replaced some picks, that we were missing, even added a pick, or two.

Overall, though, I am not one of the many, who seem dissatisfied with Carl Petersons work. There is only one Super Bowl, each year. That means that only one team can be the champion. I have been dissapointed, but I don't hold it against C.P.

All valid points; I hold a different view of the Queen because he is the one and ONLY common denominator, IMO, over the past 18 years of never getting us to the SB. We have had the talent and the coaching over the years that have come and gone; only he remains the one aspect of the organization, except ownership up to this year, that has not. No other team in the NFL, including those that have been to the SB those last 18 years, has had that kind of patience in a GM. I honestly do not understand the loyalty that the organization has to him. Just my 2 cents.

kenny1937
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately, it is the guy who does all the hiring, etc, that has to bear the responsibility to give the team a legitamate shot at the Super Bowl. Our GM hires people who He has been acquainted with, and who was once affiliated with the organization, or personal friend. These people with the exception of DV are all defensive minded, and usually in the draft you get defensive folks but the offense suffers. The GM's job is to improve the whole team, not just one segment that apparently goes along with his philosphy. It take a good offense and defense to make the big show, and a good all around coach, not someone who is focusing on one aspect of the team. this is MHO. Well, on to next season, may July hurry up and get here. (grin)

Chiefster
02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Unfortunately, it is the guy who does all the hiring, etc, that has to bear the responsibility to give the team a legitamate shot at the Super Bowl. Our GM hires people who He has been acquainted with, and who was once affiliated with the organization, or personal friend. These people with the exception of DV are all defensive minded, and usually in the draft you get defensive folks but the offense suffers. The GM's job is to improve the whole team, not just one segment that apparently goes along with his philosphy. It take a good offense and defense to make the big show, and a good all around coach, not someone who is focusing on one aspect of the team. this is MHO. Well, on to next season, may July hurry up and get here. (grin)

Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again; the Queen must go!

kenny1937
02-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Management is not always perfect, and decisions are made with all things considered, as much as can be.
Mr. Peterson's job is fraught with responsibilities, that the average fan knows nothing about. I am just as frustrated by the moves that is made as much as anybody. I am just saying that I have not walked in Mr. Petrson's shoes, and I don't know what affects his choices as far as drafting or hiring or being active in the free agent market, but the one thing I do know is results, because that is what is left after the smoke clears, and the fat lady sings. We can give our opinions and make suggestions as what we feel is the answer to the Chiefs offensive problems, but it is still managements job to make the needed improvements in team positions and coaches, and that Mr. Peterson falls squarely on your shoulders. The fruits of your labor is painfully or happily felt at season's end. The Fans are the ones who pay all the bills, so treat them care.

Chiefster
02-06-2007, 05:10 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Management is not always perfect, and decisions are made with all things considered, as much as can be.
Mr. Peterson's job is fraught with responsibilities, that the average fan knows nothing about. I am just as frustrated by the moves that is made as much as anybody. I am just saying that I have not walked in Mr. Petrson's shoes, and I don't know what affects his choices as far as drafting or hiring or being active in the free agent market, but the one thing I do know is results, because that is what is left after the smoke clears, and the fat lady sings. We can give our opinions and make suggestions as what we feel is the answer to the Chiefs offensive problems, but it is still managements job to make the needed improvements in team positions and coaches, and that Mr. Peterson falls squarely on your shoulders. The fruits of your labor is painfully or happily felt at season's end. The Fans are the ones who pay all the bills, so treat them care.

The Queen's responsibilities begin and end with the $$$; that is all he is concerned about regardless of how it may or may not affect us fans. The Queen must go.

kenny1937
02-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I wonder what draft round pick we can get for Mr. Peterson, (grin), we might even throw in a couple of Cheer Leaders!!

Chiefster
02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
I wonder what draft round pick we can get for Mr. Peterson, (grin), we might even throw in a couple of Cheer Leaders!!

Are you kidding; we'd have to pay another team to take him off our hands.

kenny1937
02-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Hmmmmm!! How close to retirement is he? Just want to know how long I can have fun posting about him (grin).

Cmon now be honest, what would we do if we didn't have Mr. Peterson to kick around!! (grin)

Or maybe we could get transferred to the NFL, where we could probably go 14-2, and make it into the Super Bowl, with the GM, Coaches, and Team we have right now, grin, just a thought.

Chiefster
02-08-2007, 03:08 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Hmmmmm!! How close to retirement is he? Just want to know how long I can have fun posting about him (grin).

Cmon now be honest, what would we do if we didn't have Mr. Peterson to kick around!! (grin)

Or maybe we could get transferred to the NFL, where we could probably go 14-2, and make it into the Super Bowl, with the GM, Coaches, and Team we have right now, grin, just a thought.

Ummmm, win more then one playoff game????

kenny1937
02-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Well we were one of the six teams that made the playoffs. that means that a lot of teams didn't, we must have done a little something right. We weren't the only team that didn't make the Super Bowl, four other teams had to go home also, so in my estimation the season was not a total bust, making the playoffs is a start, we have the chance of going deeper in the playoffs, and even making the big dance this season, we can always look forward to that, grin!!

Chiefster
02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Well we were one of the six teams that made the playoffs. that means that a lot of teams didn't, we must have done a little something right. We weren't the only team that didn't make the Super Bowl, four other teams had to go home also, so in my estimation the season was not a total bust, making the playoffs is a start, we have the chance of going deeper in the playoffs, and even making the big dance this season, we can always look forward to that, grin!!

…A long shot at best; we eeked in by the skin of the skin of our teeth having been fortunate enough to be the recipient of the corporation of three or four other teams. Herm correctly stated that "...someone else [was] doing our job for us". I said back in December that if we were lucky enough to get into the playoffs we would be one and done; I'm tired of the token playoff appearance.

kenny1937
02-10-2007, 12:54 AM
I prefer to look on the positive side, we made the playoffs, we made it playing in the toughest league, the AFL, we lost to the team that went on to win the Super Bowl, and we get the 23rd draft pick, grin, see how positive we can be. Bring on the 2007 season!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The AFL WEST!!

Chiefster
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
I prefer to look on the positive side, we made the playoffs, we made it playing in the toughest league, the AFL, we lost to the team that went on to win the Super Bowl, and we get the 23rd draft pick, grin, see how positive we can be. Bring on the 2007 season!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The AFL WEST!!

So you're saying that the empty glass is half full. I'll be optimistic when I see something to be optimistic about; it's simply not going to happen with Herm and the Queen.

kenny1937
02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Chiefster Quote:
So you're saying that the empty glass is half full. I'll be optimistic when I see something to be optimistic about; it's simply not going to happen with Herm and the Queen.

Grin, No an empty glass is not half full, it has nothing, we have something, a team with potential, playing in the tougher of the two leagues, a wait and see draft selections, what may come from free agency, the glass has something in it, how much will be determined opening day of the 2007 season, in the meantime I will remain hopeful that our glass may run over, grin, It could happen.

Chiefster
02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Chiefster Quote:

Grin, No an empty glass is not half full, it has nothing, we have something, a team with potential, playing in the tougher of the two leagues, a wait and see draft selections, what may come from free agency, the glass has something in it, how much will be determined opening day of the 2007 season, in the meantime I will remain hopeful that our glass may run over, grin, It could happen.

Quoting movie lines from Walt Disney shows doesn't help your case.
The point I'm making is that I, as well as all Chiefs Fans, have 18 years of disappointment in which to validate the point I made earlier about the Queen and there is no reason, IMO, to think that next year will be any different. The glass is, indeed, empty. IMO

...You and I may need to agree to disagree on this matter.
:-D

kenny1937
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Quoting lines from a Walt Disney Show?, It has been a while since I have seen one, which one was I quoting from, I thought that I was quoting a quote from your post.(grin) Anyway, I am not disagreeing, I am just trying to be positive about our future, when you hit bottom, the only way you can go is up. So I am believing that we are now on the upswing. Grin.

Chiefster
02-11-2007, 10:16 PM
kenny1937 wrote:

-Angels In the Outfield
:-D

kenny1937
02-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I guess we could use some angels on the offense espeacially on the line, some BIG angels, ones that will give our QB some operating room. I havn't seen that movie this century, I forgot that "it could happen" was a line from that movie. Oh well, we can have fun posting anyway, grin.

Chiefster
02-12-2007, 05:17 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
I guess we could use some angels on the offense espeacially on the line, some BIG angels, ones that will give our QB some operating room. I havn't seen that movie this century, I forgot that "it could happen" was a line from that movie. Oh well, we can have fun posting anyway, grin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it seems that you and I are the only one's doing so.

kenny1937
02-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Chiefster wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

Well, it sure beats talking to yourself, I don't know about you, but talking to myself is boring, I like to talk to some one interesting, like yourself for example (grin).

Chiefster
02-14-2007, 03:23 AM
kenny1937 wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

Well, it sure beats talking to yourself, I don't know about you, but talking to myself is boring, I like to talk to some one interesting, like yourself for example (grin).

:hammer: :hammer:

...Back at ya. ;-)

Guru
02-15-2007, 12:35 AM
This thread has lost its burst.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 01:43 AM
What? Some one else is out there posting, Hey Chiefster, we are not alone, sniff, almost makes a tear come to the eye! (grin)

Chiefster
02-15-2007, 03:33 AM
Guru wrote:
This thread has lost its burst.

Many times over.

Chiefster
02-15-2007, 03:34 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
What? Some one else is out there posting, Hey Chiefster, we are not alone, sniff, almost makes a tear come to the eye! (grin)

Yep; we are not alone in the Universe.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
This post started out looking at the hiring methods used by our GM as it reflects on the coaches that we have had in the time that our present GM has been around. He has not deviated from his comfort zone, so consequently we will have to be satisfied with reruns. After all these years, we still have the same old bunch running the ship, and unfortunately it has yet to pull into the Super Bowl port.
I think we are anchored off shore, with no real plans to lift anchor and proceed, so get used to the balmy breezes and rocking waters, because that unfortunately is what we have to look forward to.

Chiefster
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
This post started out looking at the hiring methods used by our GM as it reflects on the coaches that we have had in the time that our present GM has been around. He has not deviated from his comfort zone, so consequently we will have to be satisfied with reruns. After all these years, we still have the same old bunch running the ship, and unfortunately it has yet to pull into the Super Bowl port.
I think we are anchored off shore, with no real plans to lift anchor and proceed, so get used to the balmy breezes and rocking waters, because that unfortunately is what we have to look forward to.

Best post in this thread yet; hit the nail on the head.

kenny1937
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I just hope we can raise sail and get into port, tired of watching other ships sail into Super Bowl Port.

Chiefster
02-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I just hope we can raise sail and get into port, tired of watching other ships sail into Super Bowl Port.

Yeah, me too.

kenny1937
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Unless the problems with the Offense is addressed, as we have all stated in past posts, the discussions are all academic, we will win our fair share of games, just enough to give everybody hope for next season, and then a playoff game or two, maybe, and that will be it, there is no five year plan, just play good enough to keep the folks (you know, the ones P. T. Barnum says are borned every minute) laying down their hard earned cash to buy overpriced tickets. I don't see things changing with this bunch. IMHO.

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Unless the problems with the Offense is addressed, as we have all stated in past posts, the discussions are all academic, we will win our fair share of games, just enough to give everybody hope for next season, and then a playoff game or two, maybe, and that will be it, there is no five year plan, just play good enough to keep the folks (you know, the ones P. T. Barnum says are borned every minute) laying down their hard earned cash to buy overpriced tickets. I don't see things changing with this bunch. IMHO.

Those are true loyal fans that are begining to feel that way more and more every year, and it will eventually come back to bite the Hunts and Queen Carl in the backside.

kenny1937
02-21-2007, 03:22 AM
They will just move the franchise to another big city, get a new stadium out of the deal, the bottom line is we can't win, depending on where they move the franchise to, we will be stuck with the Rams, or the (gag) Cowboys!!
So I would rather have my Chiefs, and put up with the nonsense.

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
They will just move the franchise to another big city, get a new stadium out of the deal, the bottom line is we can't win, depending on where they move the franchise to, we will be stuck with the Rams, or the (gag) Cowboys!!
So I would rather have my Chiefs, and put up with the nonsense.

BLASPEMY!!! :sign0148:

chief31
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I think that there are some positives to take from this season. The glass isn't entirely empty.....yet. The Chiefs' organization has, definitely, noticed the need for a starting LT. The defense has made some big strides toward becoming a "top tier" group. The running game is still very strong, and a improved play-calling should make it even tougher. I'm not certain what percentage of the glass is filled, but I know that we have something in it. (Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I think that there are some positives to take from this season. The glass isn't entirely empty.....yet. The Chiefs' organization has, definitely, noticed the need for a starting LT. The defense has made some big strides toward becoming a "top tier" group. The running game is still very strong, and a improved play-calling should make it even tougher. I'm not certain what percentage of the glass is filled, but I know that we have something in it. (Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)

I fear that what we do have, until all the holes are filled, will equal another tough season ahead for Chiefs fans.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I fear that you are right Chiefster, sigh, where is that waterboy when you need him. (grin)

:1374: :character00249: :1374: :hyper:

kenny1937
03-06-2007, 03:06 PM

I agree with you chief31, sometimes when you are discouraged, you tend to forget the positives, and we have some, realistically you can't expect to address every need in a single season, and like you said, we do have something in the glass, more so than a lot of teams, so Mr. Peterson has done some good things, so yes, our glass has more than the faiders, and I think that they would like to have our glass rather than theirs, the only thing I wish we had, is their spot on the draft pick.

:mango: :band23: :pointlaugh: So pay attention Carl!! (grin)

Chiefster
03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
...(Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)

Normally I would say yes to this just to get the draft spot, but Carl wouldn't know what to do with it.

Coach
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM

I agree with you. I'd be willing to guess that if you checked the fan forums of 30 other NFL teams(not the colts), they'd be complaining about similar things.

I think the improvement of the D this season was a big bright spot. We have holes just like every team. I think our holes are line problems and WR related.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 05:23 AM
I agree with you. I'd be willing to guess that if you checked the fan forums of 30 other NFL teams(not the colts), they'd be complaining about similar things.

I think the improvement of the D this season was a big bright spot. We have holes just like every team. I think our holes are line problems and WR related.

Agreed; those are the two most glaring deficits.

chief31
03-07-2007, 01:49 PM

I'm gonna guess that the Patriots' sites are pretty happy with what's been going on, these past few days. I, myself, have been getting very jealous.

wolfpack
03-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm gonna guess that the Patriots' sites are pretty happy with what's been going on, these past few days. I, myself, have been getting very jealous.
the Pat`s always seem to do things right. Hmmmmm, could it be they have somebody that knows what their doing in upper mangment?

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
the Pat`s always seem to do things right. Hmmmmm, could it be they have somebody that knows what their doing in upper mangment?

Hard to aurgue with three Super Bowls.

kenny1937
03-08-2007, 03:33 AM

:character0079: Hey upper management, :character0079: Yeah You!! If you make the right moves, based on sound decisions like :smilies_sport04: upper management for the PAT's, we can have a Super Bowl team too. (grin)

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Hard to aurgue with three Super Bowls.

Yep, wish we had three Super Bowls, all we seem to be able to do is get to the first game of the play offs, and go home, sigh!

:sign0083: :welcome: :sign0153: :bananen_smilies098:

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Yep, wish we had three Super Bowls, all we seem to be able to do is get to the first game of the play offs, and go home, sigh!

:sign0083: :welcome: :sign0153:

...Or stay home. :(

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Yep, that is the other option, but maybe we get lucky, and come out of all this with our first Super Bowl team this century, like Angels in the Outfield. "It could Happen!!"

:character0008: :uacsmiley:

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Yep, that is the other option, but maybe we get lucky, and come out of all this with our first Super Bowl team this century, like Angels in the Outfield. "It could Happen!!"

Denial of the inevitable does not become you. LOL
j/k

Guru
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM

That reference is a BANNABLE offense.:hang:

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM

LOL! This could get ugly.

kenny1937
03-10-2007, 02:31 AM
I am not sure what either of you is talking about, I must have missed something some where, where is that shredding machine, I know it is here somewhere, when I am banned, I start shredding.

:shootingsoldier: :character0041: :character0074: :bananen_smilies066:

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I am not sure what either of you is talking about, I must have missed something some where, where is that shredding machine, I know it is here somewhere, when I am banned, I start shredding.

:shootingsoldier: :character0041: :character0074: :bananen_smilies066:

Eh, we're joking about your Angels in the Outfield reference.

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
The way I see it, we could use some angels on the O Line, and if not, at least with our QB, whoever he might be!!

:wavey:

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
The way I see it, we could use some angels on the O Line, and if not, at least with our QB, whoever he might be!!

:wavey:

Wouldn't hurt. :)

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Mr. Peterson, get ahold of that younster who see's angels, well it couldn't hurt! (grin)

:34: :character00293: :rock_dj:

kenny1937
03-22-2007, 02:42 AM
I have appealed to Judge Judy, she says she is smarter than anybody on any given day, see you in court,(grin)

:character0037: :armee_smilies113: :please:

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I think this thread has officially been train wrecked. LOL!

Canada
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
If you put 22 guys in Chiefs uniforms on the field they are gonna kick ***!!! Period.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Spoken like a true Chief's fan, the only thing left to say is GO CHIEFS!!

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :victory:

stlchief
03-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Canada seems like one of the STL "da bears" fans. :-)

"Ditka against the Holy Angels"
"full size ditka or miniature ditka?"
"miniature"
"ditka on a late field goal"

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Spoken like a true Chief's fan, the only thing left to say is GO CHIEFS!!

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :victory:

Yep, I think the guy bleeds red and gold.

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I heard that Montana is looking tan, rested and ready to play

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM

...Maybe 15 years ago; ya shouldn't tease us like that. :p

j/k

kenny1937
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
...Maybe 15 years ago; ya shouldn't tease us like that. :p

j/k

Yep, Joe was one of my all time favorite players.

:bananen_smilies068: :bananen_smilies068: :character00182:

jgunn1966
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I still hate Bruce Smith!

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Yep, Joe was one of my all time favorite players.

:bananen_smilies068: :bananen_smilies068: :character00182:

Same here.

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I still hate Bruce Smith!

"Hate" is such a strong word. :p

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Same here.

I still hear espn announcers, saying "Here comes Superman" on Elways touchdown that put the Donk's ahead, and Berman saying "No, here comes Superman" as they described Joe's last minute Touchdown that beat the Donk's. Good Stuff!!

:bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:

chief31
04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I still hear espn announcers, saying "Here comes Superman" on Elways touchdown that put the Donk's ahead, and Berman saying "No, here comes Superman" as they described Joe's last minute Touchdown that beat the Donk's. Good Stuff!!

Yeah, that was a nice moment.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that was a nice moment.

Yep, if there ever was a game that I would have like to been there, that was the game, I would have tried to tear the goal post down by myself! (grin)

:Sports Car 2: :bananen_smilies100: :sign0156:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 02:39 PM

That was sweet! ...And what made it even sweeter for us Chiefs fans was that Elway wanted that game bad! :D

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Yep, if there ever was a game that I would have like to been there, that was the game, I would have tried to tear the goal post down by myself! (grin)

:Sports Car 2: :bananen_smilies100: :sign0156:

That alone would have been worth the price of admission.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
That alone would have been worth the price of admission.

Well I would have brought my hacksaw with me, (grin)

:bananen_smilies099: :bananen_smilies054: :bananen_smilies054:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Well I would have brought my hacksaw with me, (grin)

:bananen_smilies099: :bananen_smilies054: :bananen_smilies054:

That would make it less entertaining.

kenny1937
04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
That would make it less entertaining.

True, but it would make it easier to pass out pieces of the goal post, line forms on your right. (grin):Sports Car:

Chiefster
04-07-2007, 02:54 PM
True, but it would make it easier to pass out pieces of the goal post, line forms on your right. (grin):Sports Car:

True! :D

kenny1937
04-09-2007, 03:55 AM

Don't do it Joe, our O line is still stinky, I would like to see you play again, you and the Chiefs have given me some happy moments. GO CHIEFS!!

:Hummer:

Chiefster
04-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Don't do it Joe, our O line is still stinky, I would like to see you play again, you and the Chiefs have given me some happy moments. GO CHIEFS!!

:Hummer:

I, somehow, don't see Joe leaving his plush retirement home in Sunny California and formal model wife to come back to KC only to be pounded on.

kenny1937
04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I, somehow, don't see Joe leaving his plush retirement home in Sunny California and formal model wife to come back to KC only to be pounded on.

(GRIN) It could happen, (GRIN)

:Sports Car: :armee_smilies108:

Chiefster
04-09-2007, 11:10 PM
(GRIN) It could happen, (GRIN)

:Sports Car: :armee_smilies108:

Only in Chiefs fans dreams.

kenny1937
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Only in Chiefs fans dreams.

Ha! I will take that up with my friend(hee hee you know who), we will see about that!!

:split: :character00257:

wolfpack
04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
this year we bought a new 42 inch plasma and have hdtv. if football games on sunday ticket via hdtv is as good as hockey or b-ball games it`ll be great. beer,bbq,my sons and daughter-in-laws coming home to watch the chiefs in hdtv and they win,,,, life willbe good.

Chiefster
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
this year we bought a new 42 inch plasma and have hdtv. if football games on sunday ticket via hdtv is as good as hockey or b-ball games it`ll be great. beer,bbq,my sons and daughter-in-laws coming home to watch the chiefs in hdtv and they win,,,, life willbe good.

I'll bring desert. LOL!

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Wow, I will bring the Popcorn!!

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
If you put 22 guys in Chiefs uniforms on the field they are gonna kick ***!!! Period.

You got that right my friend, and I hope that our 2007 Team does a lot of Kicking!! (grin)

Uh Oh! here comes pacman! :H2:

chief31
04-13-2007, 01:48 PM
:funnypost:

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
:funnypost:

You have a warped sense of humor. LOL!
j/k

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 03:38 AM
You have a warped sense of humor. LOL!
j/k

Hey leave chief31 alone, (grin) great post chief31, you could learn something Chiefster, (Grin)

:hilljack:

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Hey leave chief31 alone, (grin) great post chief31, you could learn something Chiefster, (Grin)

:hilljack:

Meh; can't teach an old dog new tricks.

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Meh; can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I don't see any old dogs around here, a few old Chief Fans maybe, but no dogs!! (grin)

:elec: :sterb043:

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't see any old dogs around here, a few old Chief Fans maybe, but no dogs!! (grin)

:elec: :sterb043:

You're right; let me qualify my previous statement by saying I, a Chiefs fan, am too old and set in my ways. :D
j/k

Coach
04-15-2007, 12:12 AM

I miss the Sunday Ticket. I moved to Comcast and only get local broadcasts. Living in Detroit, that doesn't included many Chiefs games. Any word on when DirecTV's exclusive runs out on the NFL?

chief31
04-15-2007, 03:32 AM
I miss the Sunday Ticket. I moved to Comcast and only get local broadcasts. Living in Detroit, that doesn't included many Chiefs games. Any word on when DirecTV's exclusive runs out on the NFL?

I am under the impression that it isn't an exclusive. As my cable company representative stated that it was, simply, too expensive for them to carry the Sunday Ticket package. I, therefore, have DirecTV.

Coach
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
I am under the impression that it isn't an exclusive. As my cable company representative stated that it was, simply, too expensive for them to carry the Sunday Ticket package. I, therefore, have DirecTV.
After doing a google search, I came up with this:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=641794&highlight=

Looks like 2010.

Canada
04-15-2007, 12:19 PM
In Canada all the Satellite companies have NFL network and it cost me $100 for the season..that's $100 Canadian so like 9 bucks for you guys. :)

chief31
04-15-2007, 04:32 PM
After doing a google search, I came up with this:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=641794&highlight=

Looks like 2010.

Well, looks like the gal I talked to at my cable company was clueless. It also looks like DirecTV is gonna grow, alot.

chief31
04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
In Canada all the Satellite companies have NFL network and it cost me $100 for the season..that's $100 Canadian so like 9 bucks for you guys. :)

That is insane!!!!! I wind up paying something to the effect of $300! (AMERICAN!)

Oh, well, I'll pay.

Canada
04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Gimme 300 bucks and u can come over every Sunday! :)

chief31
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Gimme 300 bucks and u can come over every Sunday! :)

Unfortunately, the travel expenses would be even more. I'll just have to keep paying DirecTV. However, living in Illinois, it would be great to watch a few more games with a Chiefs fan.

Canada
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Unfortunately, the travel expenses would be even more. I'll just have to keep paying DirecTV. However, living in Illinois, it would be great to watch a few more games with a Chiefs fan.
I hear that, I feel so alone up here.

Chiefster
04-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I hear that, I feel so alone up here.

Too bad we all couldn't get together at a central location for a game; say Kansas City. :D

kenny1937
04-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Too bad we all couldn't get together at a central location for a game; say Kansas City. :D

Great idea, I think it is your turn to buy the tickest, when do we leave?
Oh by the way chief31, you can't miss us, we will be wearing red. (grin)

:auto181:

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Great idea, I think it is your turn to buy the tickest, when do we leave?
Oh by the way chief31, you can't miss us, we will be wearing red. (grin)

:auto181:

You're right it is my turn, but I'll need your credit card number in order to confirm your itinerary reservation.

chief31
04-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm lookin' at the Vikings game.......

Canada
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I will be there for the Min game

chief31
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I will be there for the Min game

Hmm.... we'll have to get together, for some tailgating and trash-talkin'. I will be bringing a Vikings fan with me. He's a good guy, other than that factor.

Chiefster
04-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm lookin' at the Vikings game.......

I'm looking at all of them unfortunately I'll be viewing the game on my television.

kenny1937
04-18-2007, 03:40 AM
You're right it is my turn, but I'll need your credit card number in order to confirm your itinerary reservation.

You betcha, 1111-222-3333-1234, pen is abcd. Will be anxiously waiting your response. (Chinese Express Card)

:fighting0032: :sign0013:

wolfpack
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM
we are trying to get tics for the viking game also. its my youngest sons b-day and he wants to go to that game. trouble is we need 8 tics close ,and not on top row. been there done that on the top row and u can have it. i remember growing up in kc and getting tics up there and moving down to lower level 5 min. into the game. i`m to old to sit up there now.

Canada
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
we are trying to get tics for the viking game also. its my youngest sons b-day and he wants to go to that game. trouble is we need 8 tics close ,and not on top row. been there done that on the top row and u can have it. i remember growing up in kc and getting tics up there and moving down to lower level 5 min. into the game. i`m to old to sit up there now.

check out stubhub.com...tix are a little bit more expensive, but great seats

wolfpack
04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
looked there already. not much lower level together. its early we`ll keep looking. the prices are getting bad. some of these seats cost more than my sunday ticket. we been going to 2 to 4 home games everyyear for18 years now, everyone when we lived in kc, but its getting harder everyyear to cough up the big bucks they want for tics.

jgunn1966
04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
looked there already. not much lower level together. its early we`ll keep looking. the prices are getting bad. some of these seats cost more than my sunday ticket. we been going to 2 to 4 home games everyyear for18 years now, everyone when we lived in kc, but its getting harder everyyear to cough up the big bucks they want for tics.

Also might want to check out Ebay as well. Good luck with the search and keep us posted if you find out any new avenues to look for those hard to get Chief's tickets

wolfpack
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Also might want to check out Ebay as well. Good luck with the search and keep us posted if you find out any new avenues to look for those hard to get Chief's tickets

over the years i have bought some good tics off ebay and never had any trouble.

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:42 PM

I read ya; I went to a game one summer with my dad and sat mid way up the nose bleed section, and the view we had is one that ya get with a wide screen shot of the field on television. Of course it was the pre-season Gov'ners cup game. We found out something about the Gov'ners cup there in KC, and that was: not whole lot of people care about it.

kenny1937
04-19-2007, 03:59 AM
over the years i have bought some good tics off ebay and never had any trouble.

Yep wolfpack, that is one good source, with pre season just three months away, I am practicing my tomahawk chop and my GO CHIEFS!!

:6: :character00293: Hee, Hee, Missed again Carl!!

wolfpack
04-19-2007, 05:37 PM
with hdtv,surround asound,cheaper beer,tvo and not making the playoff run,its getting harder to justife paying the megabucks for tics. i still go when we can.

Canada
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I only get to go once a year so I figure I can bite the bullet on the ticket prices, but sleeping in ditches is getting uncomfortable.

Chiefster
04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I only get to go once a year so I figure I can bite the bullet on the ticket prices, but sleeping in ditches is getting uncomfortable.

Especially if it rains.

Coach
04-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Lucky for me, I travel nonstop. So I have enough hotel points to stay for free anytime I can make it out there. The last time, I stayed at the Downtown Marriot. The Colts were staying there as well. I waited til about 4:00am the night before the game, then tried calling all of the Colts rooms. The hotel didn't find that as funny as I did.

I couldn't stop laughing....until security helped me.

Chiefster
04-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Lucky for me, I travel nonstop. So I have enough hotel points to stay for free anytime I can make it out there. The last time, I stayed at the Downtown Marriot. The Colts were staying there as well. I waited til about 4:00am the night before the game, then tried calling all of the Colts rooms. The hotel didn't find that as funny as I did.

LOL!!!

You have an evil streak I didn't know existed within you; I like!!!

kenny1937
04-23-2007, 03:44 PM

ROFL, you have a great sense of humor yourself, coach, way to go!

:character00135: Grumble, So you are the one who called my room!!

Chiefster
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
ROFL, you have a great sense of humor yourself, coach, way to go!

I don't think I'll touch this. :p

kenny1937
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think I'll touch this. :p

I always wondered what a colt looked like with out his helmet, :character00135: , now I know!! (grin)

:smilies_sport15: :character00257:

stlchief
04-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Isn't that a caption for the pic contest?

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 04:56 AM
Isn't that a caption for the pic contest?

...Sounds as if; but I have no idea what he's talking about. LOL!

kenny1937
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM

Ok, here is the explanation: I was having fun with the coaches post, and this was suppose to be a disgruntled colt player, that he was calling in the Hotel.
Hopefully that clears up the mystery about this particular bit of posting, just having fun with my terrible sense of humor.
Anyway waiting for the next Chief Pick, see ya!!

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Ok, here is the explanation: I was having fun with the coaches post, and this was suppose to be a disgruntled colt player, that he was calling in the Hotel.
Hopefully that clears up the mystery about this particular bit of posting, just having fun with my terrible sense of humor.
Anyway waiting for the next Chief Pick, see ya!!

ROFL! LOL!

No explanation is necessary Ken; we're all just having fun here. :)

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 01:42 AM
ROFL! LOL!

No explanation is necessary Ken; we're all just having fun here. :)

Awww, I didn't know that we could have fun on this board, here all along I thought it was a very serious type discussion group, now that I know that we can have fun, WATCH OUT!! (grin)

2007 DRAFT :1455:

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Awww, I didn't know that we could have fun on this board, here all along I thought it was a very serious type discussion group, now that I know that we can have fun, WATCH OUT!! (grin)

2007 DRAFT :1455:

What have I done!

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
What have I done!

You have wakened Frankenstiens Monster, Hee, Hee!!

:mgrenadelaunchersmi

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
You have wakened Frankenstiens Monster, Hee, Hee!!

:mgrenadelaunchersmi

Please, go back to sleep!
j/k

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Please, go back to sleep!
j/k

Sorry, the lightning has struck, and my electrodes are Glowing! (grin)

:H2:

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Sorry, the lightning has struck, and my electrodes are Glowing! (grin)

:H2:

A jump in the lake might short circuit them. :D
j/k

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 12:22 PM
A jump in the lake might short circuit them. :D
j/k

:H2: Hee Hee there are no lakes in this city, Sorry, Hee hee!!

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
:H2: Hee Hee there are no lakes in this city, Sorry, Hee hee!!

Lake, pond, river, creek, stream....whatever.

kenny1937
05-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Lake, pond, river, creek, stream....whatever.

:wheelchair: I have been telling him to jump in the lake and leave me alone for the last year, I have 19 years of expierence as GM. and read my lips, "FIELD GOALS WIN GAMES!! Case dismissed!!

Chiefster
05-05-2007, 11:18 PM
:wheelchair: I have been telling him to jump in the lake and leave me alone for the last year, I have 19 years of expierence as GM. and read my lips, "FIELD GOALS WIN GAMES!! Case dismissed!!

I think I'll change your user name to "Carl wait-till-next-year Peterson". :p

kenny1937
05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I think I'll change your user name to "Carl wait-till-next-year Peterson". :p

:wheelchair: Yep, good idea, you kind of get the idea, how come it took you 19 years to realize it, Oh look I am getting a "wave"

:party43:

kenny1937
05-10-2007, 02:01 AM
LOL!!!

You have an evil streak I didn't know existed within you; I like!!!

Speaking of an evil streak, :wheelchair: has been vanquished by the Chief's Crowd, and has rolled his chair into oblivion, unfortunately the real thing is going to be around for a while, you know Mr. Wait Til Next Year. (grin)

Chiefster
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Speaking of an evil streak, :wheelchair: has been vanquished by the Chief's Crowd, and has rolled his chair into oblivion, unfortunately the real thing is going to be around for a while, you know Mr. Wait Til Next Year. (grin)

Yep; all we can do is gripe and moan or get used to it.

Guru
05-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Out of all of those, I only want Cowher. Yes, that means I want Peterson gone.

Chiefster
05-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Ditto! It is loooooooong overdue.

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Ditto! It is loooooooong overdue.

Yep, I can live with Cohere, Guru, the only thing that is hard to live with is the "Wait til next year" guy.

:6:

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Yep, I can live with Cohere, Guru, the only thing that is hard to live with is the "Wait til next year" guy.

:6:

Same here.

Coach
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
you know Mr. Wait Til Next Year. (grin)

Please don't compare my Chiefs to those god awful Chicago Cubs.

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM

LOL!!!! I hadn't even thought of that.

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Wow! does Carl manage them too!! (grin)

:character00148:

chief31
05-15-2007, 02:38 AM

Easy.....

kenny1937
05-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Easy.....

I get your drift! There is only one thing left to say, GO CHIEF'S BEAT_________!! (fill in the blank) (grin)

:rockon: :character0045:

Chiefster
05-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I get your drift! There is only one thing left to say, GO CHIEF'S BEAT_________!! (fill in the blank) (grin)

:rockon: :character0045:

I thought he already had. LOL!

kenny1937
05-21-2007, 02:52 AM
I thought he already had. LOL!

(grin) Quite right Chiefster, and I totally agree with the blank fill in, so to borrow chief31 blank fill (hee hee) GO CHIEF'S BEAT EVERYONE!!

:schlacht: :sign0085:

kenny1937
05-23-2007, 04:12 AM

:character00179: Forget it Guru, I'm not going anywhere, my nickname is Scrooge, and I don't care about you fans, or players either for that matter, just ask Mr. Green.

:character0072: Don't pay him any mind Guru, he has had his way for nineteen years, he thinks he is irreplaceable, I volunteered to help him clean out his office!!

kenny1937
07-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Sorry to have been away so long, we have had the worst weather that I have ever seen in my 70 years. Thunderstorms and torrential rains every day, and now we have had a record breaking flood. The storms, coupled with baby sitting my little great grand daughter, and taking care of my wife has left me little time to chat with my Chief family here. The east side of town is under water, 2500 people have had to evacuate their homes, and to make matter's worse, crude oil from the refinery (over 40,000 gallons worth) will probably cause many of the 300 homes to be destroyed, so it has not been pleasant around my town. The good news is that football season is almost here, hoping to get back in the saddle and start posting again.

chief31
07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry to have been away so long, we have had the worst weather that I have ever seen in my 70 years. Thunderstorms and torrential rains every day, and now we have had a record breaking flood. The storms, coupled with baby sitting my little great grand daughter, and taking care of my wife has left me little time to chat with my Chief family here. The east side of town is under water, 2500 people have had to evacuate their homes, and to make matter's worse, crude oil from the refinery (over 40,000 gallons worth) will probably cause many of the 300 homes to be destroyed, so it has not been pleasant around my town. The good news is that football season is almost here, hoping to get back in the saddle and start posting again.

ell, welcome back. I hope the weather is gonna give you all a break,now.

Chiefster
07-04-2007, 12:52 PM

Good tom see ya back on the net as well as in person! :)

Guru
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Good tom see ya back on the net as well as in person! :)

Scary thought.

Chiefster
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Scary thought.

LOL!!! I have that affect on many people.

chief31
07-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Primarily crackheads, though.

Coach
07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Kenny, How is the flooding coming?

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Kenny, How is the flooding coming?

I've heard from Kenny on another board that they have finally opened up the east end of town with a curfew (sp).

kenny1937
07-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for asking Coach, Many of our folks including good Chief's fans are without a home because of the flooding and the oil spill (71,000 gallons) and other chemicals in the waters from the local refinery. Most of the homes have been deemed unsafe and unlivable, and will probably be bulldozed. Most of the eastside of town is gone, displacing many of our folks. The loss of businesses and jobs and homes is going to make it tough on a lot of our people, and the full impact has not been realized when you factor in the loss of revenue due to utilities revenue from the east side, so the whole town is going to be affected by this devastation. In my 70 years here, this is the worst I have ever seen. The personal stories are heart wrenching, plus the fact that before the national guard and state police could secure the east side, many homes were looted by thieves, in boats, which sickens me, as if the flood didn't take enough of these people's lives. The city has been under a 8am to 8pm curfew on the east side, so that residences could be gotten into to rescue anything that was salvageable in their homes. We will know Sunday if the curfew will be lifted. Anyway that is kind of the long and short of it Coach, thainks again for asking.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your towns misfortune. What town is it if you don't mind me asking?

kenny1937
07-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your towns misfortune. What town is it if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.mahalo.com/Coffeyville_Flood

This will give you the information plus photo's DrunkHillbilly, have a great one today, kenny1937.

chief31
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Sounds horrible. Similar to New Orleans, only on a much smaller scale. I'm glad to hear that you are O.K. and will hope for the best, for those who have been affected by this.

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Sounds horrible. Similar to New Orleans, only on a much smaller scale. I'm glad to hear that you are O.K. and will hope for the best, for those who have been affected by this.

Thanks bud! :)

kenny1937
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Things are getting back to normal except for the folks whoes homes were inundated in oil, they lost everything, some of the lucky ones will have their property bought at "fair" market value, but the buy out will not include personal belongings, the rest will just lose everything.

Financially, it will take a while for the City to recoup what this flood has cost it, the Interstate Fair and Rodeo, which brought in big bucks to the community is cancelled, the fairgrounds andf buildings suffered huge dammage, to try to figure the intangible damage is a lost cause, it will take a long time to get things back to preflood normal.

jpkpohl
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Remember All In The Family did take place in Raytown. Arrowhead is very close Raytown. Carl has always been that way. It is the way he keeps his job.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Things are getting back to normal except for the folks whoes homes were inundated in oil, they lost everything, some of the lucky ones will have their property bought at "fair" market value, but the buy out will not include personal belongings, the rest will just lose everything.

Financially, it will take a while for the City to recoup what this flood has cost it, the Interstate Fair and Rodeo, which brought in big bucks to the community is cancelled, the fairgrounds andf buildings suffered huge dammage, to try to figure the intangible damage is a lost cause, it will take a long time to get things back to preflood normal.

The extent of this damage has yet to be fully realized; I know that should I have been among those who lost everything (and I'm so thankful that I wasn't) then there would be zero reason for me and my family to stay here.

kenny1937
07-28-2007, 02:20 AM
The last report I have heard is that the Refinery will buy out 300 homes at fair market value, Fema is helping by giving families two months rent, things look bleak for a lot of families over the long haul.

Chiefster
07-28-2007, 02:29 AM
The last report I have heard is that the Refinery will buy out 300 homes at fair market value, Fema is helping by giving families two months rent, things look bleak for a lot of families over the long haul.

I look for the over-all population to decrease even more then in recent years, thus making us a smaller school district.

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:22 PM
:lamende:

luv
07-29-2007, 06:23 PM
:lamende:
Is that the only smiley you know how to use?

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
It's the only one that fits. You guys have a lot of smiley's, but they suck too.

luv
07-29-2007, 06:34 PM
It's the only one that fits. You guys have a lot of smiley's, but they suck too.
You could try discussing why things are lame. Are you here to talk football or troll?

Sweets
07-29-2007, 06:40 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/07/19.jpghttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/07/20.jpg (http://gridironfans.com/forums/images/smilies/smack/WORD06.gif)

He's here to troll, it's obvious he has no knowledge of football.

Boltblazer
07-29-2007, 06:40 PM
You could try discussing why things are lame. Are you here to talk football or troll?

Your "smack" room, your team, your GM, your owner. Where do I start?

Canada
07-29-2007, 06:42 PM
your mama

luv
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
You don't like the site, why post here?

Will you still like the Chargers when they suck? Or are you yet another bandwagoner?

stlchief
07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
your mama

Classic. :sign0098:

Chiefster
07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/07/19.jpghttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/07/20.jpg (http://gridironfans.com/forums/images/smilies/smack/WORD06.gif)

Agreed.

Coach
07-29-2007, 11:56 PM

Thank you for speaking my mind!

Chiefster
07-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Thank you for speaking my mind!

Yeah he is definitly trolling trying to stir the pot.

for ever red
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I`m cheering for old #31 to get back and make a big inpact

kenny1937
07-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah he is definitly trolling trying to stir the pot.

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Why, I think it's for the Troll!

:fatlock: You heard it here first!!

Chiefster
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I`m cheering for old #31 to get back and make a big inpact

I think there are a number of Chiefs fans that share your sentiment.

sling58
08-04-2007, 08:30 AM
I think what we need to do is just get rid of CP. I mean if he doesn't want to win the SB with great players and pay them for that then what is he doing in the front office. He has been on the job for 18 years and brought no Rings back to the Truman Sports Complex yet. CP get out of your office go to Independence Mall and buy reality check with all that money you don't like to let go and get our great players signed again and bring back the Championship to Arrowhead.

chief31
08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
I think what we need to do is just get rid of CP. I mean if he doesn't want to win the SB with great players and pay them for that then what is he doing in the front office. He has been on the job for 18 years and brought no Rings back to the Truman Sports Complex yet. CP get out of your office go to Independence Mall and buy reality check with all that money you don't like to let go and get our great players signed again and bring back the Championship to Arrowhead.

He found a way to get Priest hi money. Larry thinks that he is the best there is and I don't. Pay him a fortune now, and watch him try to run behind a suspect O-line and you will not be able to pay anyone else, for awhile.

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 11:13 PM
He found a way to get Priest hi money. Larry thinks that he is the best there is and I don't. Pay him a fortune now, and watch him try to run behind a suspect O-line and you will not be able to pay anyone else, for awhile.

This is what I'm afraid of.

AkChief49
08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
You don't like the site, why post here?

Will you still like the Chargers when they suck? Or are you yet another bandwagoner?

I smell bandwagon jumper!! also 'eggo-head, your new coach,while a great off. coordinator....sucks as a head coach..people who live in glass houses....

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
your mama

:lol: :lol: :lol: :sign0098:

I missed this!

sling58
08-11-2007, 07:19 AM

You can't talk crap! You have a picture of the waterboy on your profile. Is that what you inspire to be? Go somewhere else!

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:00 PM
You can't talk crap! You have a picture of the waterboy on your profile. Is that what you inspire to be? Go somewhere else!

I'm pretty sure he isn't hangin around here anymore.

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Probably not now!

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Probably not now!

I think Guru or admin may have banned him; I was at work at the time and missed out on all the fun. :D

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Man, I miss all the fun also. Way to go though Admin and Guru!

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Man, I miss all the fun also. Way to go though Admin and Guru!

Remember I said I think they did; don't know for certain, but now that my curiosity is peaked I shall have to find out.

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:15 PM
well IMO I think anyone that just comes to a site to start stuff should be blacklisted.

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:18 PM
well IMO I think anyone that just comes to a site to start stuff should be blacklisted.

Well technically he really didn't break any rules; it was someone else that I was thinking of so he has not been banned, but he hasn't been back either.

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Well technically he really didn't break any rules; it was someone else that I was thinking of so he has not been banned, but he hasn't been back either.

If he was a Raider fan then he broke the run of humanity! Being a Raider fan is cruel and unusual punishment.

:rock_dj:

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
If he was a Raider fan then he broke the run of humanity! Being a Raider fan is cruel and unusual punishment.

:rock_dj:

Pretty sure he was a Sandy Eggo fan. :D

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure he was a Sandy Eggo fan. :D

Well that's just as bad, they don't have an Arrowhead on their helmets either!

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Well that's just as bad, they don't have an Arrowhead on their helmets either!

Only one NFL team does!:yahoo:

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Only one NFL team does!:yahoo:

And like my signature says, they are.........................(see sig)

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
And like my signature says, they are.........................(see sig)

:lol::sign0098: