PDA

View Full Version : How long before you think we are playoff contenders?

nigeriannightmare
12-04-2007, 08:54 PM
When are we going to be contenders again?

First off I bought those Indy tickets last year as soon as the field goal beat those Donkeys. Last year was a fluke. Seven (count them seven) things had to happen over a three week period for us to get in and they did. Yes, they play the game to win but a blind man can see that we got lucky. I just don't see this wheel turning the way Herm says it is. I know a lot of you are optmistic so please enlighten me so that I can join in the optimism. That is if I agree with you....

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM

First off I bought those Indy tickets last year as soon as the field goal beat those Donkeys. Last year was a fluke. Seven (count them seven) things had to happen over a three week period for us to get in and they did. Yes, they play the game to win but a blind man can see that we got lucky. I just don't see this wheel turning the way Herm says it is. I know a lot of you are optmistic so please enlighten me so that I can join in the optimism. That is if I agree with you....

When does Haley's Comet come back around? Is Hades due to freeze over?

timsatt1
12-04-2007, 10:15 PM
When does Haley's Comment come back around? Is Hades due to freeze over?

when does payton manning retire? when does carl peterson get run out of town?

these are all great questions. keep them coming.

hermhater
12-04-2007, 10:17 PM
When does Haley's Comment come back around? Is Hades due to freeze over?

I'm not sure when Haley's Comment comes around, but his comet is every 76 years!

:lol:

Besides that we will not be playoff contenders until we have a new O line, and Herm is gone.

I have given up on asking for Carls head on a platter.

It is a waste of energy.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure when Haley's Comment comes around, but his comet is every 76 years!

Besides that we will not be playoff contenders until we have a new O line, and Herm is gone.

It is a waste of energy.

Heh! :lol::lol:

That was a stupid Comment indeed!

stlchief
12-04-2007, 10:47 PM
2 yrs and we're back. .500 next year on the way up.

You can bet on it.

Chiefster
12-04-2007, 10:55 PM

You can bet on it.

I like your optimism. :)

rbedgood
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Questions to answer...

Well lets start with the easy one. Halley's comet is due back next in 2062, but there is some variance plus/minus a couple years (http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/halley.html)

As for Carl's head on a platter...it could happen (see below)

Finally, the return to the playoffs could be in a year if the management could pull their proverbial head out of their a$$. Your team has most of the pieces needed to be succesful. Frankly if you could install 2 really good O-linemen (1 free agent and 1 in the draft) the rest of your line would improve quickly. The next biggest need is at cornerback. Samuel would be nice, but likely will re-sign or be tagged by New England. The only other real hole is on the interior D-line (a run stuffing DT would make a big difference.) All of those issues could be resolved in one offseason. Croyle/Huard would look a lot better going into next season with a healthy LJ, a revamped O-line and a more experienced Bowe/Parker/Webb at WR.

tammietailgator
12-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Shouldn't he have an apple sticking out of his mouth?

McLovin
12-04-2007, 11:43 PM

You can bet on it.

So we get half a win, essentially a tie, I can believe that.

chief31
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM

It is a waste of energy.

Haleys comet makes its way near here, twice per Cubs World Series championship.

You can bet on it.

I agree, for the most part. I will have to see what we do during this offseason, but if things go well, we could be in the playoffs next season, and a contender the next.

Questions to answer...

Well lets start with the easy one. Halley's comet is due back next in 2062, but there is some variance plus/minus a couple years (http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/halley.html)

Finally, the return to the playoffs could be in a year if the management could pull their proverbial head out of their a$$. Your team has most of the pieces needed to be succesful. Frankly if you could install 2 really good O-linemen (1 free agent and 1 in the draft) the rest of your line would improve quickly. The next biggest need is at cornerback. Samuel would be nice, but likely will re-sign or be tagged by New England. The only other real hole is on the interior D-line (a run stuffing DT would make a big difference.) All of those issues could be resolved in one offseason. Croyle/Huard would look a lot better going into next season with a healthy LJ, a revamped O-line and a more experienced Bowe/Parker/Webb at WR.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!! :yahoo:

That's a terrific assesment. The only thing that I would add is that Donnie Edwards will be needing replaced before long. Though that could probably wait 'til next year.

So we get half a win, essentially a tie, I can believe that.

Or...8-8?

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Questions to answer...

Ahhhhhhhh, If only management would do such a thing.

prough91
12-05-2007, 01:39 AM
If they make the right FA signings and have a decent draft, I'll have to go with two years also.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 01:48 AM
If they make the right FA signings and have a decent draft, I'll have to go with two years also.

...A mighty if.

Canada
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM

First of all, the whole backing into the playoffs is a load of crap. Did anyone say the Steelers "back into the playoffs" the year that they won the Super Bowl, because they had a similar situation and we went 10-6 and did not make the playoffs. How come no on eever says we should have been in that spot, but when we do something good it was a fluke. If last seasons week 16 schedule was week 1, and everything worked out the way it did, then we would not be having this conversation. This is the type of underlying negativity about our team that I am constantly talking about. We don't make the playoffs, everyone *****es....we make the playoffs....everyone *****es. I hope we score enough points in our Super Bowl win to keep everyone happy. As far as being contenders...when this year is over we will be contenders....AGAIN.

McLovin
12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
First of all, the whole backing into the playoffs is a load of crap. Did anyone say the Steelers "back into the playoffs" the year that they won the Super Bowl, because they had a similar situation and we went 10-6 and did not make the playoffs. How come no on eever says we should have been in that spot, but when we do something good it was a fluke. If last seasons week 16 schedule was week 1, and everything worked out the way it did, then we would not be having this conversation. This is the type of underlying negativity about our team that I am constantly talking about. We don't make the playoffs, everyone *****es....we make the playoffs....everyone *****es. I hope we score enough points in our Super Bowl win to keep everyone happy. As far as being contenders...when this year is over we will be contenders....AGAIN.

Ok I will be the first to say it (Not likely but I will) I think that 10-6 season we should have been in the playoffs. I wouldn't say that last year we backed in, if we were there by rules (Which we were) then we made the playoffs, did it take a little luck, absolutely but did we back in, Nope we did what we had to do to get in.

Now on last years playoffs again, did we deserve to be there, this is an entirely different question, and I feel we proved against Indy that last year we did not deserve to be there. I think the coach did not effectively get his team up to the task, that being said we did lose to the eventual Super Bowl champs.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Playoffs are the playoffs!! When we're in, I'm happy. However, "backing in" to me is when you don't keep control of your own destiny! Last year, we had EVERY oppurtunity to control our own destiny and failed to do so. Therefore, we needed to depend on someone else losing to help us "back in" to the playoffs. That is how I define the matter.

Canada
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Playoffs are the playoffs!! When we're in, I'm happy. However, "backing in" to me is when you don't keep control of your own destiny! Last year, we had EVERY oppurtunity to control our own destiny and failed to do so. Therefore, we needed to depend on someone else losing to help us "back in" to the playoffs. That is how I define the matter.

We need 31 other teams to lose every season or go 16-0. We won the games we had to win. Made the playoffs. I just don't get how one time we "back in" and the season before the Steelers were a team of destiny. They won when it counted and any other football cliche you would like to use. Do you think that if Jacksonville, Denver, Tennesee or (I forget the other team that could have made it) would be teams that "backed in" if one of them had made it. I doubt it. I guess sometimes the lack of respect for the Chiefs dosen't come from just the Talking Heads.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 01:45 PM
We need 31 other teams to lose every season or go 16-0. We won the games we had to win. Made the playoffs. I just don't get how one time we "back in" and the season before the Steelers were a team of destiny. They won when it counted and any other football cliche you would like to use. Do you think that if Jacksonville, Denver, Tennesee or (I forget the other team that could have made it) would be teams that "backed in" if one of them had made it. I doubt it. I guess sometimes the lack of respect for the Chiefs dosen't come from just the Talking Heads.
I think ANY team thats needs help from another team that late in the season is backing in! ANY team!

Your right about the lack of respect. It also comes from people who care about the team and get pissed when they only win 4 games and field an absolutely pathetic team each and every week! When they can't hire the right management to hire the right people to get the job done! When they keep a GM that has been around for 19 years and has a few playoff 1st round losses to show for it!! On and On an On....remember, you were telling me how ridiculous I was for thinking the way I was before the season started?

Three7s
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
We backed in imo. We needed to win and have three other teams to lose, when you need to have all of that to happen, you don't deserve to make the play offs, we just got lucky. 2005, although a better year, I also would see as backing in. We had the opportunity to seal up a play off spot against the Cowboys or Giants, or whoever, and we couldn't beat them.
When it comes time for the Chiefs to control their destiny, they always blow it, they always need help. That's why everyone thinks the Chiefs suck.

Canada
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
As per the two previous posts...if week 16 had been week 1 and all we had to do was win our last game of the season to get in....would it still be backing in?? Exact same schedule just put week 16 as week 1 and we are the team that has the win and in mentality. I just think it is sad that people ***** and complain when we are 4-8 (not that I blame them) and not in playoff contention, then ***** and complain when we make the playoffs cause the record or situation in which they did it was not right. If I could never see the good in the Chiefs then I would question myself as to why I am a fan. Yes, I would love to see a SuperBowl, YES it would be great to be 14-2 and march through the playoffs. Yes, it would be fun to watch the Chiefs kick *** EVERY Sunday. But it is days like today that I will remember vividly when we hoist the Lombardi trophy once again...and for some people I think it will feel a little better than for others.

Canada
12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
We backed in imo. We needed to win and have three other teams to lose, when you need to have all of that to happen, you don't deserve to make the play offs, we just got lucky. 2005, although a better year, I also would see as backing in. We had the opportunity to seal up a play off spot against the Cowboys or Giants, or whoever, and we couldn't beat them.
When it comes time for the Chiefs to control their destiny, they always blow it, they always need help. That's why everyone thinks the Chiefs suck.

I don't give a F#$K what other people think about the Chiefs....it does concern me that this seems to be the opinion of a lot of "fans" And people wonder why their fandom gets called into question. :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't give a F# what other people think about the Chiefs....it does concern me that this seems to be the opinion of a lot of "fans" And people wonder why their fandom gets called into question. :bananen_smilies046:
NOBODY wants to hear others talking about how bad their team is! I know you say you don't care what other people think but you are proving right here to everyone that you do! We are fans but the truth is the truth!

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
As per the two previous posts...if week 16 had been week 1 and all we had to do was win our last game of the season to get in....would it still be backing in?? Exact same schedule just put week 16 as week 1 and we are the team that has the win and in mentality. I just think it is sad that people ***** and complain when we are 4-8 (not that I blame them) and not in playoff contention, then ***** and complain when we make the playoffs cause the record or situation in which they did it was not right. If I could never see the good in the Chiefs then I would question myself as to why I am a fan. Yes, I would love to see a SuperBowl, YES it would be great to be 14-2 and march through the playoffs. Yes, it would be fun to watch the Chiefs kick *** EVERY Sunday. But it is days like today that I will remember vividly when we hoist the Lombardi trophy once again...and for some people I think it will feel a little better than for others.
Week 16 is not week 1!

You think it's sad when people ***** but you can't blame them??? A bit contradictory don't ya think?

I don't think you will remember anything about this day by the time we win a Super Bowl!

IlovetheChiefs
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
For me, as a long time Chiefs fan living in Philadelphia, I don't care what Eagle fans think about the Chiefs because Eagles fans say the Chiefs suck regardless of their record. When the Chiefs were 9-0 in 2003 Eagle fans would still tell me, "They suck". The Eagles are like a religion to the fans here, so who cares what these non objective, obnoxious people say about my Chiefs? They put down every team that's not Philly so it's nothing personal anyway.

By the way, the next time an Eagle fan tells me the Chiefs suck I'm gonna say, "Yeah, they suck the life out of the Eagles when they play them! They show Philadelphia what a real football team is!"

nigeriannightmare
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I really don't think the Steelers had to have Cincinnati lose two consecutive games one of which to Denver, then have Denver lose the following week playing the lowly 49ers at home in late December. I just don't see the comparison. We were all but eliminated and SEVEN things had to happen over three weeks, how is that anything but backing in!!!!!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I really don't think the Steelers had to have Cincinnati lose two consecutive games one of which to Denver, then have Denver lose the following week playing the lowly 49ers at home in late December. I just don't see the comparison. We were all but eliminated and SEVEN things had to happen over three weeks, how is that anything but backing in!!!!!

Exactly what I thought; we were LUCKY last year.

Three7s
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Some people will say we didn't because we won, but it is in all honesty. Oh, and the 49ers weren't great, but they did go 7-9 last year! Better than the Chiefs will probably be this year.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Some people will say we didn't because we won, but it is in all honesty. Oh, and the 49ers weren't great, but they did go 7-9 last year! Better than the Chiefs will probably be this year.

I agree.

Canada
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Week 16 is not week 1!

You think it's sad when people ***** but you can't blame them??? A bit contradictory don't ya think?

I don't think you will remember anything about this day by the time we win a Super Bowl!

Why is that contradictory?? I learned a loooooong time ago that most people in the world are whiners. Nothing is ever good enough....i think that is sad....but I understand why they do it. They are Whiners!! :bananen_smilies046: And I may not remember this particular day, but I will remember this season.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Why is that contradictory?? I learned a loooooong time ago that most people in the world are whiners. Nothing is ever good enough....i think that is sad....but I understand why they do it. They are Whiners!! :bananen_smilies046: And I may not remember this particular day, but I will remember this season.
You say you get tired of people being negative about the Chiefs. So, if you understand why they are *****ing about the team yet get mad at them for doing it, those same thoughts must have crept into your mind at one point or another for you to understand it.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Tastes great!

anaeelbackwards
12-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Agreed good reply

hermhater
12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
You say you get tired of people being negative about the Chiefs. So, if you understand why they are *****ing about the team yet get mad at them for doing it, those same thoughts must have crept into your mind at one point or another for you to understand it.

If I'm correct I think Canada said he understood why they did it, and it is because they are whiners.

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM

yes, i am on canadas side on this issue. one thing i respect about canada, even though i dont feel or think the same way he does about the chiefs, is that he is positive about the team.

chiefs games is where i get all my whining out. outside of my fantasy football world, i am not a whiner, and i cannot stand whiners either. if they whine to me, i put them in their place.

our media (liberal media) and politicians (again liberal politicians) teach us how to whine. Nothing is going right, we are all going to die, we need the government to save us from all our problems.

i love rush limbaugh because anytime someone calls in and whines, he chews them out.

there is nothing to whine about. NOTHING! if you think there is, ill send you some pictures of some U.S. Soliders who were severely burnt and you cant even recognize their face....then try and tell me that you have something to whine about.

ok wow i got way off topic. AWESOME!!!

hermhater
12-05-2007, 10:40 PM
yes, i am on canadas side on this issue. one thing i respect about canada, even though i dont feel or think the same way he does about the chiefs, is that he is positive about the team.

chiefs games is where i get all my whining out. outside of my fantasy football world, i am not a whiner, and i cannot stand whiners either. if they whine to me, i put them in their place.

our media (liberal media) and politicians (again liberal politicians) teach us how to whine. Nothing is going right, we are all going to die, we need the government to save us from all our problems.

i love rush limbaugh because anytime someone calls in and whines, he chews them out.

there is nothing to whine about. NOTHING! if you think there is, ill send you some pictures of some U.S. Soliders who were severely burnt and you cant even recognize their face....then try and tell me that you have something to whine about.

ok wow i got way off topic. AWESOME!!!

That is a laugh! The conservative a$$holes are the ones telling us we are all gonna die.

Wow, I knew you were ignorant but I didn't know you were a coward too.

Why don't you join the military and then talk about the soldiers?

I haven't heard you say or do one thing about the issues you constantly whine about.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
If I'm correct I think Canada said he understood why they did it, and it is because they are whiners.
Are you one of the ones he is referring to?

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Are you one of the ones he is referring to?

Funny I never thought of myself as a whiner, but now that you mention it I think I am.

Not about the Chiefs per se, but when I see that something is gonna suck, I say "That sucks."

Others have told me that is whining.

If Canada was calling me a whiner I will get a bar stool, stand on it, and slap him across the face with a pair of gloves...

And then run like hell!!!!!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
That is a laugh! The conservative a$ are the ones telling us we are all gonna die.

Wow, I knew you were ignorant but I didn't know you were a coward too.

Why don't you join the military and then talk about the soldiers?

I haven't heard you say or do one thing about the issues you constantly whine about.

Ok, let's remember that part of being respectful is refraining from childish name calling.

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Ok, let's remember that part of being respectful is refraining from childish name calling.

I apologize.

Chiefster please remove the line from the other post where I called timsatt ignorant, and a coward!

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Funny I never thought of myself as a whiner, but now that you mention it I think I am.

Not about the Chiefs per se, but when I see that something is gonna suck, I say "That sucks."

Others have told me that is whining.

If Canada was calling me a whiner I will get a bar stool, stand on it, and slap him across the face with a pair of gloves...

And then run like hell!!!!!

From what I gather, it includes all of us that have and continue to critcize the team. Constructive or not!

It's hard for most people to stand by and say nothing when it gets to the point the Chiefs are at right now! A historically above average team and we might get our asses handed to us by LSU! I'm kind of joking when I say that but then again, who the hell knows!! The stands are not empty because people are happy about what is going on. I guess the ones that have stopped going to games should be added to his list of whiners as well. Obviously I'm on it and I will stay on it until we atleast make an effort to improve not only the team but the franchise as well.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
How sad is it when the question is: "How long before you think we are playoff contenders?" rather then: "How long before we are Super Bowl contenders?"

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't know the stats, but how many coaches finished 5 year contracts with a Super Bowl after losing their fan base in the first two?

Vermiel should have done it but for some bizarre reason 2 years ago we backed OUT of the play offs by going 10-6. Only the 4th team in NFL history to not make the playoffs with that record.

If you don't think scoring points is important Herm go away.

If Herm is able to do that I will buy him a puppy.

I love having a potentially great defense, but without scoring points there is absolutely NO way to win the SB.

Herm has stated that he doesn't like scoring a lot of points, because that means your O was on the field a lot during the game.

That is retarded right there. He also doesn't have the internet.

A head coach... in the NFL... DOESN"T HAVE THE INTERNET!!!!????

prough91
12-05-2007, 11:26 PM
How sad is it when the question is:"How long before you think we are playoff contenders?" rather then: "How long before we are Super Bowl contenders?"

I just want to know when we are going to be preseason contenders! C'mon Chiefs, let's win the Governor's Cup!:yahoo::lol::iamwithstupid:

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't know the stats, but how many coaches finished 5 year contracts with a Super Bowl after losing their fan base in the first two?

Vermiel should have done it but for some bizarre reason 2 years ago we backed OUT of the play offs by going 10-6. Only the 4th team in NFL history to not make the playoffs with that record.

If you don't think scoring points is important Herm go away.

If Herm is able to do that I will buy him a puppy.

I love having a potentially great defense, but without scoring points there is absolutely NO way to win the SB.

Herm has stated that he doesn't like scoring a lot of points, because that means your O was on the field a lot during the game.

That is retarded right there. He also doesn't have the internet.

A head coach... in the NFL... DOESN"T HAVE THE INTERNET!!!!????

I have to admit that is just stupid; most coaches want their offense on the field as long as possible.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I just want to know when we are going to be preseason contenders! C'mon Chiefs, let's win the Governor's Cup!:yahoo::lol::iamwithstupid:

HA! :lol::lol::lol:

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
How sad is it when the question is:"How long before you think we are playoff contenders?" rather then: "How long before we are Super Bowl contenders?"
IMO, it just shows how sad the situation really is!! At this point, again IMO, at best we will finish 1 game below .500!! For this organization, this is pathetic. It's like we are back in 2000 and 2001!!!

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
when will the chiefs be fun to watch again?

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
IMO, it just shows how sad the situation really is!! At this point, again IMO, at best we will finish 1 game below .500!! For this organization, this is pathetic. It's like we are back in 2000 and 2001!!!

I was thinking more like 1975-76.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I was thinking more like 1975-76.
Then too but I think the last time we finished below .500 was '01.

DrunkHillbilly
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I still watch every week but I find myself screaming for the wrong reasons!!!

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Then too but I think the last time we finished below .500 was '01.

Ahhhh, I see.

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:43 PM

The first three quarters of last weeks game was a pretty good game if you ask me.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:44 PM

When does Haley's Comet come back around???

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I apologize.

Chiefster please remove the line from the other post where I called timsatt ignorant, and a coward!

positive rep for speaking your mind and calling me ignorant.

negative, for apoligizing.

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
When does Haley's Comet come back around???

It was here last week.

You didn't get to see the game again I suppose.

I didn't even bother posting it this week. Since I got my capture card we have lost 4 in a row.

If anyone wants a clip then just ask and I will post it.

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:48 PM

At least you have a sense of humor! :yahoo:

You're the only one I have ever given neg rep to, but now you get positive!

:lol: :sign0098:

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
I apologize.

No need in this instance; I was just reminding EVERYONE to remain respectful.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:54 PM

Being ignorant is not a detriment unless one chooses to remain so.

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Being ignorant is not a detriment unless one chooses to remain so.

ok i will no longer be ignorant.

global warming is man made and is going to destroy the earth.

mr iranian president is only joking when he says he wants to bomb israel off the map. we should not take him seriously.

ok am i no longer ignorant?

oh yeah, also, free national healthcare will work and will not bankrupt itself. The government will run this program with great efficiency.

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM

mr iranian president is only joking when he says he wants to bomb israel off the map. we should not take him seriously.

Where did that come from?

hermhater
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM

I think you should post in the Idea Forum about a political debate forum where there is no holds barred.

I will rip you a new one and stuff Rush up that a$hole instead!

:mob:

timsatt1
12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Where did that come from?

i am trying not to be an ignorant conservative.

prough91
12-06-2007, 12:00 AM

oh yeah, also, free national healthcare will work and will not bankrupt itself. The government will run this program with great efficiency.

Wow, that's not being ignorant, that's just being uncalled for rude.:iamwithstupid:

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:00 AM
I think you should post in the Idea Forum about a political debate forum where there is no holds barred.

I will rip you a new one and stuff Rush up that a instead!

:mob:

there is nothing for you to say. i have heard it all. democrats cant debate a lie. that is why they refuse to have a debate on fox news or somewhere where there are not planted questions.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
i am trying not to be an ignorant conservative.

Um ok, I was only speaking in general and was not at all referring to you personally or anyone for that matter.

hermhater
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
there is nothing for you to say. i have heard it all. democrats cant debate a lie. that is why they refuse to have a debate on fox news or somewhere where there are not planted questions.

You think I am a Dem?

You're even more ignorant than I thought.

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
You think I am a Dem?

oh, ok my mistake.

i apoligize for mistaking that if you werent conservative, then you were the opposite. a dem.

but u must be independent..which is good.

rep added.

dont give me neg rep for apoligizing. that would be ignorant ;)

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
You think I am a Dem?

I'm thinkin maybe I need to pull the plug on this one before it gets outta hand.

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm thinkin maybe I need to pull the plug on this one before it gets outta hand.

my fault. i have a tendency to turn a thread into political chat even if it had nothing to do with politics. i like politics. :)

hermhater
12-06-2007, 12:08 AM
oh, ok my mistake.

i apoligize for mistaking that if you werent conservative, then you were the opposite. a dem.

but u must be independent..which is good.

rep added.

dont give me neg rep for apoligizing. that would be ignorant ;)

No rep for that one either way.

Quit listening to Rush then you will get rep!

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
my fault. i have a tendency to turn a thread into political chat even if it had nothing to do with politics. i like politics. :)

No problem; I don't mind political discussion as long as expresses differing points of view with respect. :)

tornadospotter
12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
No rep for that one either way.

Quit listening to Rush then you will get rep!

never!! i am a ditto head and a Rsh 24/7 subscriber.

i hope one day that you see the light...before it is too late.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your right.

hermhater
12-06-2007, 12:14 AM

If you just listen to him for fun then OK.

If you think you are learning anything from him, then you are either a hypocrite in training, or already are one.

tornadospotter
12-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your right.
I am aways right when it comes to watching the Chiefs and fun! Just some games are more fun than others! :yahoo: or :mob: , but aways fun, but this helps on the not so fun days! :toast2: ,:bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:20 AM

If you think you are learning anything from him, then you are either a hypocrite in training, or already are one.

well if u want to debate rush in private messages...lets get it on...but he pretty much has the best idea for how our country should work.

chief31
12-06-2007, 12:22 AM
well if u want to debate rush in private messages...lets get it on...but he pretty much has the best idea for how our country should work.

Two words...

Ron...
Paul.

hermhater
12-06-2007, 12:23 AM

I don't want to debate Rush at all.

Here is my entire argument.

Rush is an idiot hypocrite.

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:24 AM

yes the only way to debate rush is to go straight to the name calling. there is no other way.

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Two words...

Ron...
Paul.

i agree with ron paul on many many things.

tornadospotter
12-06-2007, 12:30 AM

yes the only way to debate rush is to go straight to the name calling. there is no other way.
Ok take this to the forum that it belongs in, Oh we don't have one for that, This is a Chiefs Nation and Chiefs Crowd forum. If you to talk about politics go to the locker room or ask coach to set up a political forum. :11:

McLovin
12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Final thought, to know that Timsatt likes Rush so much explains a lot, almost like putting on a stupid sign. So heres your sign, thanks I almost listened to something you said and took it seriously.

In an exact quote from Bill Engvall.

"Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid"

That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops, never mind. I didn't see your sign." ."

Bill Engvall - Heres Your Sign

timsatt1
12-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Final thought, to know that Timsatt likes Rush so much explains a lot, almost like putting on a stupid sign. So heres your sign, thanks I almost listened to something you said and took it seriously.

In an exact quote from Bill Engvall.

"Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid"

That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops, never mind. I didn't see your sign." ."

Bill Engvall - Heres Your Sign

first off...mods please dont end this thread...let us have a little fun while our team isnt doing so well. yes it is off topic....let it slide :) please.

ok....first off the negative comments towards me are ok...keep them coming, cause first off, in general, i like everyone and want what is best for the whole. i dont have a lot of pride in myself so whether you praise me or curse me, it makes no difference.

putting the name callings aside....can we debate what isssue or many issues you have against rush? have you ever listened to his show or is the only thing you know about him is that he was addicted to pain pills and you get all your info on rush from cnn.

do you not realize that this year alone, our elected senate majority did something very very unconstitutional and wrote an attack letter to a private company and private citizen against his freedom of speech he used on his radio program? of course what does rush do...he gets his hands on that letter, puts it on ebay, all proceeds going to his charity for the children of fallen soldiers and that letter sells for over 1 million dollars?

aside from war...which is a tough issue when the citizens do not get access to all the intelligence out there...
....where could you possibly differ from rush?

he is for limited government and free trade and against socialism and communism.

can you be specific so i know exactly what i am debating? or do you even know what rush believes? have you once ever listened to his program?

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 01:08 AM
first off...mods please dont end this thread...let us have a little fun while our team isnt doing so well. yes it is off topic....let it slide :) please.

ok....first off the negative comments towards me are ok...keep them coming, cause first off, in general, i like everyone and want what is best for the whole. i dont have a lot of pride in myself so whether you praise me or curse me, it makes no difference.

putting the name callings aside....can we debate what isssue or many issues you have against rush? have you ever listened to his show or is the only thing you know about him is that he was addicted to pain pills and you get all your info on rush from cnn.

do you not realize that this year alone, our elected senate majority did something very very unconstitutional and wrote an attack letter to a private company and private citizen against his freedom of speech he used on his radio program? of course what does rush do...he gets his hands on that letter, puts it on ebay, all proceeds going to his charity for the children of fallen soldiers and that letter sells for over 1 million dollars?

aside from war...which is a tough issue when the citizens do not get access to all the intelligence out there...
....where could you possibly differ from rush?

he is for limited government and free trade and against socialism and communism.

can you be specific so i know exactly what i am debating? or do you even know what rush believes? have you once ever listened to his program?

I appreciate the fact that you don't get upset over personal attacks, but bringing out the worst in people regardless of your tolerance of it is not necessarily a good thing. I'm sorry but I cannot comply with your request to keep the thread going. And, creating a place in the forums for this sort of thing to continue has been discussed before and has been determined that it is not something that is in the "Crowds" best interest.