PDA

View Full Version : ***December Post of the Month***

Chiefster
12-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Place your nominees for best post here, along with a link back to the post for which the member is being nominated. This is aNON-hijacking thread, and will be closely monitored (Yes, Canada, that means you and I buddy).Please make your valid Chiefs football replies in threads outside the contest thread.

What we are NOT looking for are:
One post wonders (Unless it's a REALLY GOOD post)
Spam (Obviously)
Nonsense (Only valid Chiefs football posts - Agreed, Ditto, and other such one or two word posts along with smilies need not apply or comments NOT pertaining to Chiefs football)
Only posts authored by members of the Crowd. (No plagiarism allowed here chief31 For further instructions: click here (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44463#post44463).

At the end of the month a poll will be attached to this thread with the candidates names for which to vote. Ladies and gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES! Good luck to all.

chief31
12-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Here it is. Remember, we like to limit these threads to actual submitions for POTM. So let's keep other comments out, please.

Chiefster
12-06-2007, 03:17 AM
One for chief31! :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52564&postcount=51

chief31
12-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Welcome back, prough91.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53282&postcount=96

Chiefster
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Let's go ahead and get this, the last one, out of the way folks.

Who do you prefer chief31 or prough91?

Canada
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Let's go ahead and get this, the last one, out of the way folks.

Who do you prefer chief31 or prough91?

Last one of the year or last one ever?

Chiefster
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Last one of the year or last one ever?

Forever I'm afraid unless one of the other mods wants to carry it on; there simply isn't enough board interest in it.

Canada
01-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Forever I'm afraid unless one of the other mods wants to carry it on; there simply isn't enough board interest in it.

Man, i was saving all my good posts for 2008. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Man, i was saving all my good posts for 2008. :bananen_smilies046:

:lol:

Sure... :beer:

Chiefster
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Sure... :beer:

He was; I positive of it. :p

rbedgood
01-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Wait, so you were playing for next years draft pick?!

Chiefster
01-21-2008, 04:04 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, well I get the first overall pick 'cause I was never, ever nominated. :D

hermhater
01-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Did you mean Canada, or Chiefster?

rbedgood
01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Did you mean Canada, or Chiefster?

Canada on the fact that he was "sandbagging for next year".

hermhater
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM

He learned it from watching Herm!

:mob:

Canada
01-22-2008, 11:18 AM

I wanted to let some of the other kids win it first. It's like when I play basketball, I always win so no one wants to play anymore. You gotta let the other guy win sometimes!! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I wanted to let some of the other kids win it first. It's like when I play basketball, I always win so no one wants to play anymore. You gotta let the other guy win sometimes!! :bananen_smilies046:

What is this infatuation with basketball? Did anyone not get the memo...the game SUCKS!!!

Canada
01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
What is this infatuation with basketball? Did anyone not get the memo...the game SUCKS!!!

Infatuation?? This is the first time I have ever brought it up on this board (actually the second now) But I agree that it sucks to watch, but I love playing!!

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Infatuation?? This is the first time I have ever brought it up on this board (actually the second now) But I agree that it sucks to watch, but I love playing!!

I know you haven't been part of it...I actually said the same thing to some other posts about the game. I played when I was a kid and all, just didn't find it very fun. And like you I was taller than all my friends, and when I was young, I was faster and more athletic than most of them...so basketball wasn't very fair.

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I know you haven't been part of it...I actually said the same thing to some other posts about the game. I played when I was a kid and all, just didn't find it very fun. And like you I was taller than all my friends, and when I was young, I was faster and more athletic than most of them...so basketball wasn't very fair.

I just like playin in the summer with friends. Organized bball sucks.

hermhater
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM

Post of the month!

Coach
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM

Spoken like people who don't know crap about bball. But this is another thread. No hi-jacking this thread. My vote amongst the two threads nominated is for prough. Glad to see you back.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Spoken like people who don't know crap about bball. But this is another thread. No hi-jacking this thread. My vote amongst the two threads nominated is for prough. Glad to see you back.

Bobby Knight sucks!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM

My apologies coach, I have played a lot of organized ball throughout high school. I know my share about basketball but I find absolutely no joy watching NBA basketball on TV. I like the March Madness Tourney and I don't mind Olympic Ball. However my decision to not like organized basketball is not based on ignorance, it is based on the fact that it is a boring low contact sport. When I play or watch sports....I like hitting. I hate the last five minutes of a basketball game when it is just fouling and free throw shooting. It is very anticlimactic and gets real boring real fast.

chief31
01-24-2008, 03:02 AM
My apologies coach, I have played a lot of organized ball throughout high school. I know my share about basketball but I find absolutely no joy watching NBA basketball on TV. I like the March Madness Tourney and I don't mind Olympic Ball. However my decision to not like organized basketball is not based on ignorance, it is based on the fact that it is a boring low contact sport. When I play or watch sports....I like hitting. I hate the last five minutes of a basketball game when it is just fouling and free throw shooting. It is very anticlimactic and gets real boring real fast.

No more NBA for me, because there is no more M.J, and there is Ron Artest.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 03:05 AM
No more NBA for me, because there is no more M.J, and there is Ron Artest.

I'm sick of Michael Jackson too!

:11:
:D

Chiefster
01-24-2008, 03:43 AM

Ditto.

rbedgood
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry coach...I generally use the "unread posts" search and open, read the recent posts and reply. Every once in a while that gets me involved in such a hijacking, or once or twice I've posted responses in the "next" thread I read, thus off subject myself.

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 04:38 PM
It appears as if we currently have a stalemate.

hermhater
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
It appears as if we currently have a stalemate.

Coach can afford to give out 2 T shirts for the end of an era!

:sign0098:

Canada
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
3...I want a T shirt too!! :)

hermhater
01-29-2008, 10:42 PM
3...I want a T shirt too!! :)

Yer era ended long ago...

This is the age of Offense all way!

:yahoo:

Wait, perhaps I didn't get that right...

rbedgood
01-29-2008, 11:29 PM
The quality of championship teams and offensive players have improved, however teams still need a good defense to win a championship (generally). Rare are the teams like St Louis' "Greatest Show on Turf" that can win a championship with a mediocre or poor defense. And even St Louis squeaked by (remember Mason was tackled at the 1 yard line at the end of the Super Bowl)

New England and NY Giants both have top offenses, but what distinguishes them from the teams they've beat is that they also put a very good defense on the field. NY has one of the top if not the top D-Line in the NFL. Strahan and Omenyiora are both beasts on the pass rush. Mitchell and Pierce are both top caliber LBs, and they have good safety play to cover above average DBs.

NE we all know about, but Seymour, Vrabel, Seau, Brushchi, Harrison, Samuel...(shall I continue)

Defense is still a critical component of a championship team.

hermhater
01-31-2008, 12:01 AM
The quality of championship teams and offensive players have improved, however teams still need a good defense to win a championship (generally). Rare are the teams like St Louis' "Greatest Show on Turf" that can win a championship with a mediocre or poor defense. And even St Louis squeaked by (remember Mason was tackled at the 1 yard line at the end of the Super Bowl)

New England and NY Giants both have top offenses, but what distinguishes them from the teams they've beat is that they also put a very good defense on the field. NY has one of the top if not the top D-Line in the NFL. Strahan and Omenyiora are both beasts on the pass rush. Mitchell and Pierce are both top caliber LBs, and they have good safety play to cover above average DBs.

NE we all know about, but Seymour, Vrabel, Seau, Brushchi, Harrison, Samuel...(shall I continue)

Defense is still a critical component of a championship team.

Nothing wrong with defense, but it won't win games by itself!

Chiefster
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Nothing wrong with defense, but it won't win games by itself!

...Gotta have both.

Canada
01-31-2008, 07:52 AM
This is aNON-hijacking thread, and will be closely monitored (Yes, Canada, that means you and I buddy).

ahem....:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
ahem....:bananen_smilies046:

Well there is just a couple of hours left to brake the tie. :D

Canada
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Well there is just a couple of hours left to brake the tie. :D

I feel so dirty being the one who pointed it out!! I am supposed to be doing the hijacking!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I feel so dirty being the one who pointed it out!! I am supposed to be doing the hijacking!! :bananen_smilies046:

You are dirty!

Go and drink a beer to wash away the sin!

:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

Canada
01-31-2008, 10:48 PM
You are dirty!

Go and drink a beer to wash away the sin!

:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

I have been washing all day!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-02-2008, 08:49 PM

HA! There's a reason for that. :lol:

Looks like we have a tie!