PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football on NFL Network.

hermhater
12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
This game sucked for the entire first half (except the last 17 seconds).

Nothing but injured players and no points.

Now the Bears are making big plays down the field.

Just a few big plays and the Redskins are up 14-0

hermhater
12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
14-10 now.

This game is getting good!

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
The loser is a goner and the winner is ... probably also a goner but will still be in the wild card race. :)

Why did Griese come in for Grossman? Did Rex get injured or was he playing below par?

Another bleak outlook for both these teams is their tough remaining schedules:

Chicago has Minnesota, Green Bay and New Orleans.
Washington has the Giants, Minnesota, and Dallas.

hermhater
12-06-2007, 10:51 PM
The loser is a goner and the winner is ... probably also a goner but will still be in the wild card race. :)

Why did Griese come in for Grossman? Did Rex get injured or was he playing below par?

Another bleak outlook for both these teams is their tough remaining schedules:

Chicago has Minnesota, Green Bay and New Orleans.
Washington has the Giants, Minnesota, and Dallas.

Grossman was injured. So was Campbell and about 3 other starters from either side of the ball.

Collinsworth (and myself) said he had never seen a first half with so many starters going to the locker room.

I hate Bryant Gumbel.

Dude doesn't even know what down it is half the time.

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks, I was just about to inquire about why Todd Collins was in for Jason Campbell. :)

Yeah heh I heard Bryant Gumbel does the NFL network games and that he was really awful for the GB-Dallas game.

17-10 now. Hester stopped for just a 9 yd kickoff return.

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
17-13. But the Bears failed to tie the game despite having a first and goal on the one. Still, they are inching back. Amazing how many games the Skins have blown this year. They were up 17-0 against the Giants and lost 24-17. They were up 14-10 in GB but fell to another Favre comeback. They had the Eagles by 9 in the fourth quarter and really blew that game badly. And just last week they were beating Buffalo the whole game until that gaffe by Joe Gibbs allowed the kicker to kick a shorter field goal to win 17-16. And now tonight they may blow a 14-0 lead.

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Touchdown. Now it's 24-13. Guess the Skins won't botch the lead this time.

hermhater
12-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Heh, a Native American named team has won.

Let's see if we can make it 2.

Guru
12-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Remember folks. Collins was let go because Huard was better.

hermhater
12-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Remember folks. Collins was let go because Huard was better.

Who is Collins?

Guru
12-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Who is Collins?

Former Chiefs backup Todd Collins who is now the savior or the the Skins.

hermhater
12-07-2007, 02:40 AM
So is Saunders keeping him on?

Guru
12-07-2007, 02:51 AM
So is Saunders keeping him on?
He is the sole reason Collins is there.

I am sure that as soon as their starter is healthy again they will bench Collins though.

hermhater
12-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Campbells knee looked pretty bad, and so did Grossmans.

Campbell might be back, but Gross shouldn't, the Bears year is over.

I wonder what Gibbs will do.

IlovetheChiefs
12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Former Chiefs backup Todd Collins who is now the savior or the the Skins.

Todd Collins last night: 15-20, 224 yds, 2 TD's, 0 Int, and the QB in all 4 scoring drives.
Took a former Chief to bail the Skins out!

Heh, a Native American named team has won.

Let's see if we can make it 2.

Because of our name Chiefs there is sometimes just a tad bit satisfaction to see teams named Redskins, Indians, Braves, and Blackhawks win isn't there? Heh, I always thought a Chiefs-Redskins Super Bowl would be cool for that reason (we did have a Braves-Indians World Series in '95).

raptorcox
12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
First Thursday game I have seen on NFL Network and it did take a while to heat up. Can the Skins get a wild card or is it too late for them?

prough91
12-07-2007, 09:38 AM
First Thursday game I have seen on NFL Network and it did take a while to heat up. Can the Skins get a wild card or is it too late for them?

According to espn last night they're a half game back of the three teams ahead of them in the wild-card hunt.

IlovetheChiefs
12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
And the Skins have a hard remaining schedule: at New York Giants, at Minnesota, then Dallas at home. It looks like a longshot (unless the tragic death of Sean Taylor inspires the whole team to really step it up). I'd like to see the Cardinals get the final wild card spot in the NFC since it would be someone different.

raptorcox
12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
And the Skins have a hard remaining schedule: at New York Giants, at Minnesota, then Dallas at home.
Sheesh... that's is tough. Might get the Minn. & Giants win, but not easy at all...

IlovetheChiefs
12-07-2007, 09:59 AM
And actually, I guess the final game at home against Dallas might not be as bad if Dallas has clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs by then and, therefore, rests Romo, Terrell Owens, etc. But then again, with this classic rivalry I'm sure Dallas will still give it all to knock out the Redskins.

hermhater
12-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Dallas will lose the Super Bowl.

McLovin
12-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Dallas will lose the Super Bowl.
I believe that Dallas will be at the Super Bowl, they will get their tickets after the Packers beat them. I believe ol Brett Favre will have another Superbowl run. With the teams that are favored in the AFC right now I hope that the Packers win it. Anyone other then NE, Indy, Steelers. I guess I wouldn't mind the Jags or the Browns.

prough91
12-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I believe that Dallas will be at the Super Bowl, they will get their tickets after the Packers beat them. I believe ol Brett Favre will have another Superbowl run. With the teams that are favored in the AFC right now I hope that the Packers win it. Anyone other then NE, Indy, Steelers. I guess I wouldn't mind the Jags or the Browns.

I always root for the AFC team in the Super Bowl (unless it's the Raiders). I guess it's just because I think it makes our conference look a little tougher. If a team (unless it's the Raiders) knocks the Chiefs out of the playoffs, I definitely root for them just for the simple fact I can then say at least we were beat by the Super Bowl champs.

McLovin
12-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I always root for the AFC team in the Super Bowl (unless it's the Raiders). I guess it's just because I think it makes our conference look a little tougher. If a team (unless it's the Raiders) knocks the Chiefs out of the playoffs, I definitely root for them just for the simple fact I can then say at least we were beat by the Super Bowl champs.

Well with that then, by logic you could root for the Packers, they beat us this year, but we gave them a game. And since we aren't going to make it to the playoffs unless we buy tickets, we cant root for who took us out of the playoffs, because Herm wont be in them. And with my utter dislike of the whole Pats organization then I can't root for them. Again go Packers. LOL

prough91
12-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Well with that then, by logic you could root for the Packers, they beat us this year, but we gave them a game. And since we aren't going to make it to the playoffs unless we buy tickets, we cant root for who took us out of the playoffs, because Herm wont be in them. And with my utter dislike of the whole Pats organization then I can't root for them. Again go Packers. LOL

I can't use that logic, because the only way the Packers could knock us out of the playoffs is if they beat us in the Superbowl. However, I do have a hard time rooting against Bret Favre. He's my favorite non-Chief player.

:beer: