PDA

View Full Version : Surviving

prough91
12-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Dec 9 12:02am-

I am going to chronicle our attempts to survive the ice storm we are having. My wife sent me out into the elements to get the essentials to last until Tuesday when they say the storm will finally pass. Upon my return, my wife was quite dismayed to discover that I had forgot the milk, bread, diapers and medicine for our sons raging fever, but had returned instead with four cases of beer, two bags of pretzels, and a Maxim magazine.

Dec 9 12:11am-

The boredom has started to set in. My wife and I are starting to snip at each other. Also, I'm getting hungry. I'm eying my son wondering how he will taste with pretzels.

Dec 9 12:34am-

It's been a while since I've wrote, but I fear I am becoming weak with hunger. Also, I'm afraid I might have come down with dysentery. I just have to remember to be strong.

Dec 9 12:42am-

The house is starting to get very cold. The wife and I have decided to have "relations" to help us warm up.

Dec 9 12:44am-

The "relations" helped for a while, but now the warmth has started to wear off. My son is stumbling around blind drunk because I forgot the milk and we have resorted to giving him beer in his bottle. When will this nightmare ever end?

Dec 9 1:12am-

I have decided I will have to eat my wife in lieu of my son when the pretzels run out. Oddly, when I told my wife of my change of plans, she was very excited.

Dec 9 2:30am- This will be my last entry for awhile. I hope and pray we can make it through this harrowing experience. My son and I have made it through all the beer and I'm scared to go to sleep now, because he's a mean drunk. My wife is passed out under a pound of pretzels trying to stay warm. If I don't make it, please, remember me kindly.

timsatt1
12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
strange post.

tammietailgator
12-09-2007, 11:54 AM
HA.... sounds like my husband, he went out and came back with like 10 frozen pizza's, a 30 pk of beer, four bottles of this new boulevard line of 10% beer, bananas, hotdog buns - no hotdogs, hamburger buns - no hamburger, and soup. He swears that anyone can live on beer and cornnuts.

luv
12-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Where are you at again? We're getting rain, but I haven't heard anything about things being too bad here. Did you get a lot of ice?

tammietailgator
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I am in Gardner, Kansas... about 45min SW of arrowhead. It is freezing rain here - nobody is out

spiman
12-09-2007, 12:14 PM
You guys may be close to where my heart lies. (Arrowhead)
Butt I'm off to the bar in 60 ish temp Calif sunny/no wind -perfect football weather. I think I will possibly survive today.Enjoy the Chiefs today and don't eat the kids till after X-mas.

luv
12-09-2007, 12:16 PM
You guys may be close to where my heart lies. (Arrowhead)
Butt I'm off to the bar in 60 ish temp Calif sunny/no wind -perfect football weather. I think I will possibly survive today.Enjoy the Chiefs today and don't eat the kids till after X-mas.
How in the hell is 60-ish and sunny perfect football weather. You must really be a wuss.

hermhater
12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Dec 9 12:02am-

I am going to chronicle our attempts to survive the ice storm we are having. My wife sent me out into the elements to get the essentials to last until Tuesday when they say the storm will finally pass. Upon my return, my wife was quite dismayed to discover that I had forgot the milk, bread, diapers and medicine for our sons raging fever, but had returned instead with four cases of beer, two bags of pretzels, and a Maxim magazine.

Dec 9 12:11am-

The boredom has started to set in. My wife and I are starting to snip at each other. Also, I'm getting hungry. I'm eying my son wondering how he will taste with pretzels.

Dec 9 12:34am-

It's been a while since I've wrote, but I fear I am becoming weak with hunger. Also, I'm afraid I might have come down with dysentery. I just have to remember to be strong.

The house is starting to get very cold. The wife and I have decided to have "relations" to help us warm up.

The "relations" helped for a while, but now the warmth has started to wear off. My son is stumbling around blind drunk because I forgot the milk and we have resorted to giving him beer in his bottle. When will this nightmare ever end?

Dec 9 1:12am-

I have decided I will have to eat my wife in lieu of my son when the pretzels run out. Oddly, when I told my wife of my change of plans, she was very excited.

Dec 9 2:30am- This will be my last entry for awhile. I hope and pray we can make it through this harrowing experience. My son and I have made it through all the beer and I'm scared to go to sleep now, because he's a mean drunk. My wife is passed out under a pound of pretzels trying to stay warm. If I don't make it, please, remember me kindly.

Hilarious man!

:lol:

spiman
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe the Chiefs should move out here in Calif. They couln"t do any worse! Warm weather cures all! I know this post is sure sacra ledge. .........................To the bar I go ...

prough91
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Where are you at again? We're getting rain, but I haven't heard anything about things being too bad here. Did you get a lot of ice?

We're up by Nevada. As far as I know everyone here has power, but Lamar and someone said Stockton are without, as well as a lot of the rural area.

tammietailgator
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Our news just showed that springfield is in line for the ice storm now..... better bundle up.

McLovin
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM
We have been in ice storm warnings for 3 days here, but no ice as of yet, we have a fireplace to keep us warm if we have to but hope we dont have to use it.

hermhater
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
We have ice here. Not much.

Canada
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Sissies, you guys would never make it in Canada!! Toughen up ladies!

tammietailgator
12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I am sure you are right!!

McLovin
12-09-2007, 11:22 PM

Darn right I am a sissy, I like to keep my house at 70 degrees, if it drops to 50 in here I freeze, lol for some reason I like heat.

tammietailgator
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Your head has got to be cold....

Canada
12-10-2007, 02:13 AM

Beer keeps it warm!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 01:01 AM

Cabin fever at it's best. :lol::lol:

hermhater
12-11-2007, 04:11 AM

Beer keeps it warm!! :bananen_smilies046:

You're both sissies!

Give me beer and arctic winter gear!

:beer: :lol:

Canada
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
And all these guys still have mancards??

rbedgood
12-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't know, but Prough that's friggin' funny. I live in Phoenix, so we think the CA folks have it all wrong, 60 isn't perfect weather...90 degrees is where perfect weather starts. 100+ is where its getting warmed up and 115 is where it is primed. Yahoo!!! Oh by the way, it was 80 degrees over the weekend, but a little rainy.

hermhater
12-12-2007, 05:01 AM

I don't know, but Prough that's friggin' funny. I live in Phoenix, so we think the CA folks have it all wrong, 60 isn't perfect weather...90 degrees is where perfect weather starts. 100+ is where its getting warmed up and 115 is where it is primed. Yahoo!!! Oh by the way, it was 80 degrees over the weekend, but a little rainy.

Mancards and temperature are not mutually exclusive I see.

I call bias!

:mob:

Chiefster
12-12-2007, 08:26 AM

Dude, I've been married for 24 years and haven't seem a mancard for 23.5 of those years.

spiman
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey now..Being born in N.D. and smart enough to move to Calif., I still think our weather is ideal football weather.(60ish).I don't want to end up like Prough91 though.Missing the game and all.So far as Phonex. Az. sounds to sweaty. Think of the ladies using all that secret and all. Yea I know she took my mancard long ago also, but it is slowly returning over the years-beers..

hermhater
12-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Hey now..Being born in N.D. and smart enough to move to Calif., I still think our weather is ideal football weather.(60ish).I don't want to end up like Prough91 though.Missing the game and all.So far as Phonex. Az. sounds to sweaty. Think of the ladies using all that secret and all. Yea I know she took my mancard long ago also, but it is slowly returning over the years-beers..

It evaporates pretty much immediately in AZ.

Expensive to live there, but I might make it yet!

rbedgood
12-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Arizona is less expensive than California (where I grew up). There are still many places in Arizona that are affordable, and HH, Las Vegas is just around the corner.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 03:20 AM
Arizona is less expensive than California (where I grew up). There are still many places in Arizona that are affordable, and HH, Las Vegas is just around the corner.

Arizona is the most beautiful state I have ever been to guy.

I also happen to prefer warmth, rather than coldness.

Paying a dollar for a cup of water at McDonalds wasn't fun though...

:D