PDA

View Full Version : Number 23

kenny1937
02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey Crowd, the Yahoo Sports Mock Draft is in. If KC doesn't move up or down in the draft they will have the 23rd pick. Yahoo Sports predicts that the Chiefs will draft Tony Ugoh, offensive tackle from Arkansas. What say ye Crowd? Do you think that the Chiefs stay at 23, and who do you think they will draft first?

8-) :lol: :pint:

wolfpack
02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
that is the first time i`ve heard his name. most i`ve heard has us picking a wideout,such as rice or DT.

Chiefster
02-10-2007, 01:10 AM
23???

Sounds like a Dr. Pepper commercial. :pint:

kenny1937
02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I am just wondering how we are going to fare in the drft, offensive line, wide reciever, it is hard to say, but in the 23rd slot, I hope there is someone great in the offensive line category, we need a line that will give our QB time to opperate.

Chiefster
02-12-2007, 05:23 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
I am just wondering how we are going to fare in the drft, offensive line, wide reciever, it is hard to say, but in the 23rd slot, I hope there is someone great in the offensive line category, we need a line that will give our QB time to opperate.

Agreed; the offense lives or dies with the play of the offensive line. Plain and simple; if they don't move the pile and create opportunities for the running game to flourish or pass block giving our QB time to survey the field and time to allow our receivers to get open then we won't win many games. This will only prove to wear down the defense as the season goes on and to demoralize the team as a whole. I hope Herm didn't mean what he said about not caring about the offense.

wolfpack
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
there is only one,according to the so-called experts, good OT and DT in the draft. the rest are 2nd on down picks. if we dont trade up or they are gone by 23rd,we`ll take a wideout. trouble is there isnt awhole lot of FA`S in the OT or DT field.

Chiefster
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
wolfpack wrote:
there is only one,according to the so-called experts, good OT and DT in the draft. the rest are 2nd on down picks. if we dont trade up or they are gone by 23rd,we`ll take a wideout. trouble is there isnt awhole lot of FA`S in the OT or DT field.

Yup; par for the course, unfortunately.

kenny1937
02-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I heard the Hulk was available, his problem is that they can't keep him in uniforms. The LSU QB along with Brady Quinn, seem to be the 1, 2, QB top draft pick, the field seems to dwindle after those two, but we need to beef up our offensive line, I don't think we worry about QB's we need to give the ones we got time to work, instead of picking themselves off the ground, and worrying about concussions.

Guru
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Tony Yugo? I think Tony can afford more expensive cars than that.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 01:50 AM
With our luck, Ugoh probably won't be available at pick number 23, wonder if Lil Abners brother Tiny is still around? Maybe carl can find some one in the free agency pool, one can always hope.

Chiefster
02-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Guru wrote:
Tony Yugo? I think Tony can afford more expensive cars than that.

More then likely.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
So what do you think is going to be available at pick number 23? I hope that a decent offensive lineman is still around. It will be interesting to see what the Chief's football moguls have on their minds when number 23 rolls around.

wolfpack
02-20-2007, 10:31 AM
there is no way any good LT willbe around at #23,but i would have never guessed DJ would have fallen to us. it seems most draft have us picking a wideout. some have us picking Willis if he falls that far. i hope he dose, that would be a great pickup.

kenny1937
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree wolfpack, Willis will be a good catch if he is available, Reality is, we have so many holes to fill, we will have to go another route, other than the draft. The attitude seems to be forget the offense, let's beef up the defense, it is that mindset that will keep us out on the football sea, and never chugging into Super Bowl Harbor. I think we are stuck at getting to playoff Island, and proceeding no farther. The Great Ship Chiefs, is hopelessly anchored at Playoff Port.

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
there is no way any good LT willbe around at #23,but i would have never guessed DJ would have fallen to us. it seems most draft have us picking a wideout. some have us picking Willis if he falls that far. i hope he dose, that would be a great pickup.

We'll have to trade up for him.

kenny1937
02-21-2007, 03:17 AM
They will have to use one of our few Offensive Stars to trade up with, I'm not sure we have that many to part with, our offense is suffering now, they won't touch the defense, so I feel yucky about the whole mess!!

wolfpack
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
i`m intersted to see which freeloader we`ll cut.

Chiefster
02-21-2007, 10:38 AM
i`m intersted to see which freeloader we`ll cut.

...I'm thinking Turley; ok so, I'm hoping Turley.

wolfpack
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
hicks,simms,parker,hall,bell, the list goes on.

Chiefster
02-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Yup; a little like cutting the fat.

wolfpack
02-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Davis is a interesting FA, a number 1 pick by the card`s. a hudge man. maybe the chiefs OL coaches can straighten him out. but if he didnt work out for the woeful card`s,,, thats the ?

kenny1937
02-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Yep, wolfpack, the list goes on and on and on, I think it is going to be interesting in the coming weeks and months. I hope for the best, because at 70 I'm not sure how many super Bowls are left for me.

Chiefster
02-22-2007, 06:20 AM
They will have to use one of our few Offensive Stars to trade up with, I'm not sure we have that many to part with, our offense is suffering now, they won't touch the defense, so I feel yucky about the whole mess!!

Well at the begining of the 2004 season everyone was talking about trading LJ. :p

...Good thing we didn't do that.

kenny1937
02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Very true, I hope that to get a better spot in the draft they don't trade away the little talent we have left on the offense, I don't know what they are looking for, but with the comment the cosch made concerning the offense, they do not appear to be looking to help the offense, it is all Defense, Defense, Defense-I'm pulling what little hair I have left out!!

Chiefster
02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Very true, I hope that to get a better spot in the draft they don't trade away the little talent we have left on the offense, I don't know what they are looking for, but with the comment the cosch made concerning the offense, they do not appear to be looking to help the offense, it is all Defense, Defense, Defense-I'm pulling what little hair I have left out!!

Yeah, Herm doesn't care about the offense.

wolfpack
02-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, Herm doesn't care about the offense.

this one of the reasons why hermie hasnt gotten to the super bowl.

Chiefster
02-23-2007, 11:56 AM

Yup; enter the second "Marty-ball" era.

wolfpack
02-25-2007, 05:35 PM
i think FA starts thursday,cant remember for sure. so we might get somebody around the june 1st cuts.

Chiefster
02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
i think FA starts thursday,cant remember for sure. so we might get somebody around the june 1st cuts.

Yup; March 1.

kenny1937
02-26-2007, 12:57 AM

Exactly, wolfpack, it seems to be an obsession with this bunch in management, and the reason why we will not make it to a Superbowl unless there is a change in somebody's mindset quickly, sigh.

:armee_smilies122:

Chiefster
02-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Exactly, wolfpack, it seems to be an obsession with this bunch in management, and the reason why we will not make it to a Superbowl unless there is a change in somebody's mindset quickly, sigh.

...Not likely.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
If we don't make adjustments and get sufficent talent on the O line, then we can expect more of the same that we have suffered with for the past eighteen years. If management can not see this then we are sunk, sigh!!

:6: :armee_smilies095: :joker:

chief31
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I like to hope that we can wind-up with Joe Staley. He's a tall, converted TE who is one of the top-ranked OTs in the draft this year. Being a converted TE, he is alot quicker than what anyone would expect out of an OT. He is a bit light, and would, likely, be a bit more of a project than some of the other prospects. I have checked him out on a couple of different sites. Here is a link to my favorite Joe Staley scouting report.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/joestaley.html

Unfortunately, he is likely to get drafted in the early second round.(according to most of the draft analysts that I have checked into. That means we would need to, either, trade down, add another pick through some other means, or reach for him, at our current first round spot.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I like to hope that we can wind-up with Joe Staley. He's a tall, converted TE who is one of the top-ranked OTs in the draft this year. Being a converted TE, he is alot quicker than what anyone would expect out of an OT. He is a bit light, and would, likely, be a bit more of a project than some of the other prospects. I have checked him out on a couple of different sites. Here is a link to my favorite Joe Staley scouting report.

Unfortunately, he is likely to get drafted in the early second round.(according to most of the draft analysts that I have checked into. That means we would need to, either, trade down, add another pick through some other means, or reach for him, at our current first round spot.

Absolutely right chief31, I don't think he will be around when we turn our attention to the Offense anyway, our present mind set is to improve the defense first, so, no one will be around on the offensive side when management turns their attention that way anyhow.

:character0022: :Image33:

chief31
03-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Absolutely right chief31, I don't think he will be around when we turn our attention to the Offense anyway, our present mind set is to improve the defense first, so, no one will be around on the offensive side when management turns their attention that way anyhow.

:character0022: :Image33:

I fully expect C.P. to go offense with their first pick. I know what Edwards wants, but C.P. isn't a moron. (Despite popular opinion.) He must have noticed the lack of offense, both during the season, and in the post-season. From Kyle Turley, to giant Mexicans, he has tinkered with different long-shots, to try and fill the hole at LT. This tells me that he is aware of the importance of the position, and is likely to seek a more viable solution.

Or, at least, I hope so.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm a bit leary of light OT's i.e. Turnstyle Turley.

chief31
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Staley is a growing boy, Turley is a former stud, who is recovering from a severe back injury. He will bulk-up a bunch.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Staley is a growing boy, Turley is a former stud, who is recovering from a severe back injury. He will bulk-up a bunch.
Hope your right. :D

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I fully expect C.P. to go offense with their first pick. I know what Edwards wants, but C.P. isn't a moron. (Despite popular opinion.) He must have noticed the lack of offense, both during the season, and in the post-season. From Kyle Turley, to giant Mexicans, he has tinkered with different long-shots, to try and fill the hole at LT. This tells me that he is aware of the importance of the position, and is likely to seek a more viable solution.

Or, at least, I hope so.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope with you chief31, we will have to live with what ever choices are made, love my Chiefs, so like you I will hope for the best.

:1374: :character00249: :hyper: :Tool:

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM

That aint happening any time soon.

wolfpack
03-04-2007, 09:12 AM
you see alot of teams dumping players this last week. funny, with all the dead weight,i mean loser players,i mean "players", we havent dumped anyone.

Chiefster
03-04-2007, 09:29 AM
you see alot of teams dumping players this last week. funny, with all the dead weight,i mean loser players,i mean "players", we havent dumped anyone.

Yep; and trust me, we have a lot of fat to cut and dead wieght to get rid off.

kenny1937
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I am willing to give the :character00247: a chance to see if the fat and dead weight is eliminated, if it doesn't happen, just think of the fun we will have with him and :34: our head coach, I'm liking it already. (grin)

kenny1937
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Yes wolfpack, and if we dump the weakest links, we would have a dumpster full, and also some salary cap to work with.

:band23: :punk: :smilies_musik45:

Chiefster
03-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes wolfpack, and if we dump the weakest links, we would have a dumpster full, and also some salary cap to work with.

:band23: :punk: :smilies_musik45:

True; but you'd be surprised just how much cap space is taken up with the aquisition of just a couple of quality FA.

kenny1937
03-08-2007, 03:08 AM
Yep, I am anxious to see how this all plays out, I am hoping for a few good breaks, in the FA and Draft picks, even at 23, some good players have been picked up down the line. :split: that's me thinking positive! (grin)

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098:

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Yep, I am anxious to see how this all plays out, I am hoping for a few good breaks, in the FA and Draft picks, even at 23, some good players have been picked up down the line. :split: that's me thinking positive! (grin)

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098:

...Nothin wrong with that.

Coach
03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I noticed the Ravens cut a pretty good O-lineman today. Any chance that you think we try to sign him?

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I noticed the Ravens cut a pretty good O-lineman today. Any chance that you think we try to sign him?

That'd be alright by me. :bananen_smilies098:

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Hey :character0097:, go get him, he is available-Please!!

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies053: :bananen_smilies098:

Chiefster
03-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey :character0097:, go get him, he is available-Please!!

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies053: :bananen_smilies098:

I wouldn't count on it.

Chiefsfan27
03-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Dude I really want the Chiefs to get Dwayne Bowe from LSU. If any of you guys like following the draft check out this site condraft.com. U can make your own mock drafts from a one team multiple round standpoint or do a entire first round mock. You can do every round if u want. And then you can comment on other peoples mocks. CHECK IT OUT

Chiefsfan27
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Tony Ugoh will go mid-second, maybe even falling to the Chiefs in the second round. Deffinetely not in the first c'mon

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Dude I really want the Chiefs to get Dwayne Bowe from LSU. If any of you guys like following the draft check out this site condraft.com. U can make your own mock drafts from a one team multiple round standpoint or do a entire first round mock. You can do every round if u want. And then you can comment on other peoples mocks. CHECK IT OUT

Sounds great; thanks for the info! :)

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 02:29 PM
With all the mock drafts, and free agency speculations, it gives a person something to think about, rather than "Arena Football". I enjoy the comments and speculations, our Chiefs have fielded a good team for the past eighteen years, and have been winners. They may not have made the "Big Bowl", but they have given me many hours of enjoyment. Some of you have done your homework, and presented well thought out post, all in all this is a great board, and I am glad to be part of it.

:character00269: :character00113:

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 02:47 PM
With all the mock drafts, and free agency speculations, it gives a person something to think about, rather than "Arena Football". I enjoy the comments and speculations, our Chiefs have fielded a good team for the past eighteen years, and have been winners. They may not have made the "Big Bowl", but they have given me many hours of enjoyment. Some of you have done your homework, and presented well thought out post, all in all this is a great board, and I am glad to be part of it.

:character00269: :character00113:

Ditto! Good post.

kenny1937
03-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Tony Ugoh will go mid-second, maybe even falling to the Chiefs in the second round. Deffinetely not in the first c'mon

I tend to agree with you Chiefsfan27, I don't know where the Yahoo "experts" get their info, I hardly think they sit in on CP meetings, and I doubt seriously if they know what frame of mind he is in. All in all this is going to be very interesting.

:please: :character0037:

kenny1937
04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Yep, I forgot, it's Carl!

:invasion: :bazooka: :armee_smilies047:

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Yep, I forgot, it's Carl!

:invasion: :bazooka: :armee_smilies047:

Yep! Unfortunately.

wolfpack
04-06-2007, 01:33 AM
i want ohio states Glenn (?). but i was a betting man hermie will go defense. why not ? he sure doesnt know what a offense is.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 02:35 AM
i want ohio states Glenn (?). but i was a betting man hermie will go defense. why not ? he sure doesnt know what a offense is.

ROFL, You make my day wolfpack, :sign0156: (grin)

:bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I tend to agree with you Chiefsfan27, I don't know where the Yahoo "experts" get their info, I hardly think they sit in on CP meetings, and I doubt seriously if they know what frame of mind he is in. All in all this is going to be very interesting.

:please: :character0037:

I think they all go down to a basement somewhere with a load of booze and say: "Lets all write some sports stuff".

Canada
04-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I think they all go down to a basement somewhere with a load of booze and say: "Lets all write some sports stuff".
hey...that's what i do :)

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 06:31 PM
hey...that's what i do :)

Hehehe! :)

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 07:21 PM

You have figured it out, that is how the gossip rags come up with their fairy tales, and lacking originality ESPN decided that was the way to go, now we know, Thanks Chiefster!! (grin)

:hallo: :bananen_smilies084: :bananen_smilies084:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
You have figured it out, that is how the gossip rags come up with their fairy tales, and lacking originality ESPN decided that was the way to go, now we know, Thanks Chiefster!! (grin)

:hallo: :bananen_smilies084: :bananen_smilies084:

Hey, it just stands to reason.

Canada
04-06-2007, 08:49 PM
The best info and talk about the Chiefs is right here!! Chiefs Crowd rules!! GO CHIEFS!!! Sorry I keep hearing all the talk about the season and I am ready to get out there!!

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
The best info and talk about the Chiefs is right here!! Chiefs Crowd rules!! GO CHIEFS!!! Sorry I keep hearing all the talk about the season and I am ready to get out there!!

I do believe that you my friend are correct.

Coach
04-07-2007, 12:14 AM

I'm glad you are enjoying the site. There are a lot of people on this board that know the Chiefs well. Most of the people on ESPN and such, couldn't tell you jack about Chief teams of yester years.

Chiefster
04-07-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm glad you are enjoying the site. There are a lot of people on this board that know the Chiefs well. Most of the people on ESPN and such, couldn't tell you jack about Chief teams of yester years.

No doubt!

wolfpack
04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
i read today that the panthers are willing to trade Jenkens (?) one of their starting DT`S if the deal was right. GET HIM CARL! so we give up a 3rd for him, he`s worth it.

kenny1937
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM

You got that right coach, most of them couldn't remember what they had for breakfest this morning without a script.

:Sports Car:

wolfpack
04-07-2007, 01:00 PM
[quote=kenny1937;5791]You have figured it out, that is how the gossip rags come up with their fairy tales, and lacking originality ESPN decided that was the way to go, now we know, Thanks Chiefster!! (grin)

the name of that site is PRO FOOTBALL TALK.COM. i think all non-area reporters and a few local get their info from there. pro football talk.com gets theirs from the national enquire.

Chiefster
04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
i read today that the panthers are willing to trade Jenkens (?) one of their starting DT`S if the deal was right. GET HIM CARL! so we give up a 3rd for him, he`s worth it.

I think that I can say with almost near certainty that Carl does not log on here and view our good advice.

Chiefster
04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
[quote=kenny1937;5791]You have figured it out, that is how the gossip rags come up with their fairy tales, and lacking originality ESPN decided that was the way to go, now we know, Thanks Chiefster!! (grin)

the name of that site is PRO FOOTBALL TALK.COM. i think all non-area reporters and a few local get their info from there. pro football talk.com gets theirs from the national enquire.

LOL! Who in turn gets their news from the aliens on the planet Uranus.

kenny1937
04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
[quote=wolfpack;5839]

LOL! Who in turn gets their news from the aliens on the planet Uranus.

Uh Oh! Watch out for pigmy green creatures with eye Stalks, zapping through your front door, saying "Takes mes to yers leaders!!" (grin)

:Sports Car 2:

Canada
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
haha...he said uranus :)

Chiefster
04-08-2007, 10:29 PM
haha...he said uranus :)

LOL!!

Why yes; yes I did!

Hope everyone had a very Happy Easter! :)

kenny1937
04-09-2007, 03:49 AM
I think that I can say with almost near certainty that Carl does not log on here and view our good advice.

Are you Kidding? The first thing Carl does in the morning is log onto our site and check out the good advice here, he simply can't wait to see what all has been posted here!! (grin)

:character00176: :cook:

Chiefster
04-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Are you Kidding? The first thing Carl does in the morning is log onto our site and check out the good advice here, he simply can't wait to see what all has been posted here!! (grin)

:character00176: :cook:

Carl; is that you???:bash:

kenny1937
04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Carl; is that you???:bash:

GRRRRR! I am going to find out who squealed on me and put that individual up for immediate trade to get a better draft spot. You do not know who you are dealing with, GRRRRR!!

:fighting0060: :character00283:

Chiefster
04-09-2007, 11:11 PM
GRRRRR! I am going to find out who squealed on me and put that individual up for immediate trade to get a better draft spot. You do not know who you are dealing with, GRRRRR!!

:fighting0060: :character00283:

Yeah, I wish you were Carl. LOL!

kenny1937
04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I wish you were Carl. LOL!

Hee, Hee, who do you think I am, Hee, Hee, I can't let everybody know that I check out this board, you do understand that, Don't You?

:character0005: :Sports Car:

Chiefster
04-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Hee, Hee, who do you think I am, Hee, Hee, I can't let everybody know that I check out this board, you do understand that, Don't You?

:character0005: :Sports Car:

LOL!!! Yeah, you wished you were Carl. :p

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 12:54 AM
LOL!!! Yeah, you wished you were Carl. :p

You may now proceed to the bathroom and follow the following steps.
Step one=Take bar of soap in you cleanest hand.
Step two=Place bar between teeth.
Step three=Bite down on said soap.
Step four=move soap fragment to rear of jaw and chew for a few seconds.
Step five=Spit said fragments into sink. (Unless you prefer to swallow.)
Step six=Rinse out mouth with copious amounts of water.
Step seven=Admit that you have learned your lesson, and never make such statement again. (grin)

:yoyo:

Chiefster
04-12-2007, 02:02 AM
You may now proceed to the bathroom and follow the following steps.
Step one=Take bar of soap in you cleanest hand.
Step two=Place bar between teeth.
Step three=Bite down on said soap.
Step four=move soap fragment to rear of jaw and chew for a few seconds.
Step five=Spit said fragments into sink. (Unless you prefer to swallow.)
Step six=Rinse out mouth with copious amounts of water.
Step seven=Admit that you have learned your lesson, and never make such statement again. (grin)

:yoyo:

LOL!! You're a funny, funny man.:sign0147:

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
LOL!! You're a funny, funny man.:sign0147:

Hee, Hee, I am sending pacman :H2: your way!! (grin)

Chiefster
04-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Hee, Hee, I am sending pacman :H2: your way!! (grin)

Uhuh... :p

chief31
04-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Damn!!!!! Kenny is on a roll....

stlchief
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
If the Chiefs pick anyone on the offensive line side in the first round, I will not believe it. Webb and Hannon will share the number 3 spot (and maybe #2). Brodie is the guy. LJ will be franchised and Gonzalez will end his career here, Boomer / Wilson @ full back. Hermie will wait to grab some free agent Offensive linemen to get us by. Pick #23 goes to a corner or defensive lineman. Guaranteed.

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Damn!!!!! Kenny is on a roll....

You have no idea.

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
If the Chiefs pick anyone on the offensive line side in the first round, I will not believe it. Webb and Hannon will share the number 3 spot (and maybe #2). Brodie is the guy. LJ will be franchised and Gonzalez will end his career here, Boomer / Wilson @ full back. Hermie will wait to grab some free agent Offensive linemen to get us by. Pick #23 goes to a corner or defensive lineman. Guaranteed.

Certainly sounds plausible to me.

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 03:33 AM
You have no idea.

ROFL, Chiefster, you and chief31 have made my day, grin, youboth made my trip to the board worthwhile!! (grin)

:hilljack:

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 05:10 AM
ROFL, Chiefster, you and chief31 have made my day, grin, youboth made my trip to the board worthwhile!! (grin)

:hilljack:

Glad to have been od service. That will be $100000000000000000000000.00.:hyper:

chief31
04-14-2007, 10:23 AM

While there is little doubt, in my mind, that you are correct, about what the Chiefs will do with pick #23, "getting by" is a horrible idea, at the left tackle position. It is o.k. at some other poasitions, but it is a great way to destroy a young quarterbacks career.

Take a look at Chad Penningtons career, so far. Under Herm Edwards, Penningtons career was doomed. He was injured every season, and wound-up with a reconstructed shoulder. ( multiple surgeries ) Why? Is he injury prone? Or was he getting beaten down, on a regular basis, because his coach decided to "get by" on the offensive line? Well, in the only season that he has played, without Herm as his head coach, he finally played a full season. Mangini refused to compromise on the talent level of his O-line. He realized that the position was too important to patch with mediocre talent.

How about Trent Greens career? How many seasons did Green throw for over 4000 yards, without Willie Roaf, protecting his blind side? Is it coincidence, that one game, without Willie, got him a concussion? Maybe. But, was it a coincidence that Trent was running for his life, on nearly every play, last season? No.

Quarterback is a tough position to play. But the league is starting to realize, how much tougher it is, without a consistent form of protection. Two extra seconds in the pocket, is almost an eternity, to a quarterback. How many times have we seen a quarterback getting blind-sided and fumbling the football?

O.k., I'm starting to ramble. So, I'll just say, "getting by" at left tackle, doesn't allow your quarterback to "get by".

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Glad to have been od service. That will be $100000000000000000000000.00.:hyper:

I don't know if od service is worth what you are asking, I will give you a wooden nickle, when you come over, that's my final offer!! (grin)

:character00212:

wolfpack
04-14-2007, 06:46 PM
does anyone remember who or how many LT`s there was between Alt and Roaf? or before Alt? great LT`S are hard to find,atleast for the chiefs.

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
does anyone remember who or how many LT`s there was between Alt and Roaf? or before Alt? great LT`S are hard to find,atleast for the chiefs.

I haven't heard of many.

chief31
04-15-2007, 03:15 AM

Agreed, but you can't skimp on the position either. It just isn't a position that one can, simply, patch, with below-average talent. It is a poaition that requires alot more attention, than Her Edwards has ever given it.

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Agreed, but you can't skimp on the position either. It just isn't a position that one can, simply, patch, with below-average talent. It is a poaition that requires alot more attention, than Her Edwards has ever given it.

Unfortunately.

kenny1937
04-16-2007, 03:35 AM

Agreed chief31, I think that Her Edwards (grin that is a great typo chief31)
needs to address the situation for his QB's (whoever that might be) sake.

:character00182:

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Agreed chief31, I think that Her Edwards (grin that is a great typo chief31)
needs to address the situation for his QB's (whoever that might be) sake.

:character00182:

The NFL needs another crop like they had in the class of 1983.

chief31
04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Will Shields' retirement does not change my view, on what the Chiefs should do, in the draft.

1st round - OT - Joe Staley If unavailable, DT.

2nd round - WR - Anthony Gonzales, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith, or Jason Hill.

3rd round - DT - Brandon Mebane, or G Manuel Ramirez.

The Chiefs have alot of offensive guards, on the roster. We were starting two of them, at tackle, last season. (granted, one of them, Jordan Black, is gone, now.) We willl, definitely miss Will shields. However, I don't believe that the step down, from Shields, to Welbourne is as big as the step from Willie Roaf, to Damien Macintosh. Not to mention, my feelings sbout the impact of the LT position.

Chiefster
04-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Will Shields' retirement does not change my view, on what the Chiefs should do, in the draft.

1st round - OT - Joe Staley If unavailable, DT.

2nd round - WR - Anthony Gonzales, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith, or Jason Hill.

3rd round - DT - Brandon Mebane, or G Manuel Ramirez.

The Chiefs have alot of offensive guards, on the roster. We were starting two of them, at tackle, last season. (granted, one of them, Jordan Black, is gone, now.) We willl, definitely miss Will shields. However, I don't believe that the step down, from Shields, to Welbourne is as big as the step from Willie Roaf, to Damien Macintosh. Not to mention, my feelings sbout the impact of the LT position.

Agreed; the Chiefs need to make protecting the QB a priority.

kenny1937
04-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Agreed; the Chiefs need to make protecting the QB a priority.

Yes, but managements track record on that point is dismal, I hope that they address it, but I will not be holding my breath!

:character00231: :character00105:

chief31
04-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Yes, but managements track record on that point is dismal, I hope that they address it, but I will not be holding my breath!

I'm right there, with you. Then, when you add that Herm Edwards is our head coach, it looks, even more, unlikely.

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Yup; I fully expect to see Herm go with Defense in the first round.

kenny1937
04-19-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm right there, with you. Then, when you add that Herm Edwards is our head coach, it looks, even more, unlikely.

Yes, You got that right chief31, but we can hope that he surprises everyone when draft day comes around, but to reiterate what you said, "it looks, even more, unlikely."

:pointlaugh: Offense Herm, Offense!!

wolfpack
04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
hermmie wont pick a OT in the first round,atleast not a lineman. Staley probably wont be there anyway. but how many times has the queen suprised us on draft day.

Chiefster
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
hermmie wont pick a OT in the first round,atleast not a lineman. Staley probably wont be there anyway. but how many times has the queen suprised us on draft day.

Him announcing his resignation would be a very pleasant surprise.

kenny1937
04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Him announcing his resignation would be a very pleasant surprise.

:character00135: What makes you think I would do that, I like making your dreary life miserable, Hee, hee!! (grin)

Chiefster
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
:character00135: What makes you think I would do that, I like making your dreary life miserable, Hee, hee!! (grin)

I knew that was you! :sign0082:

kenny1937
04-26-2007, 08:24 PM

Yes (grin) how many times, and you are right wolfpack, hermmie will not pick a OT in the first round, sigh, but then why should we as Chiefs fans be surprised!!

:auto178: :character00135: Help!!

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Yes (grin) how many times, and you are right wolfpack, hermmie will not pick a OT in the first round, sigh, but then why should we as Chiefs fans be surprised!!

:auto178: :character00135: Help!!

It is for this reason that I don't see LJ lasting the 8 years 80 mil with 34 mil guaranteed that he's asking for.

kenny1937
04-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Well we did get a WR, I can't wait to see what we will get in the 54 spot.

:trans11:

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Well we did get a WR, I can't wait to see what we will get in the 54 spot.

:trans11:

Me either since Staley (sp) and the other guy is no longer available.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Well we did get a ot in the sixth round, he does have a medical problem that won't let him gain weight, but hey it's our management, and they have an outstanding track record in the drafts, er, they do don't they? (grin)

:1455:

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Well we did get a ot in the sixth round, he does have a medical problem that won't let him gain weight, but hey it's our management, and they have an outstanding track record in the drafts, er, they do don't they? (grin)

:1455:

Ummmmm, sure.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Well the draft is over, and rebuilding begins, management does just enough rebuilding to sell tickets, and will worry about how to sell them next year. It is a policy that has a proven track record, it has worked for nineteen years, and it will continue to fly, wait and see. (grin)

:character0011: Hey did I mention that I got a B for draft day?

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Well the draft is over, and rebuilding begins, management does just enough rebuilding to sell tickets, and will worry about how to sell them next year. It is a policy that has a proven track record, it has worked for nineteen years, and it will continue to fly, wait and see. (grin)

:character0011: Hey did I mention that I got a B for draft day?

Depends on who's grading.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Had anyone seen anything legitmate saying that we were shopping LJ or was it all hear say

Chiefster
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Had anyone seen anything legitmate saying that we were shopping LJ or was it all hear say

Well, I'd be suprised if we trade him, but will be equally surprised if Carl shells out 80 mil over the next 8 years to keep him.

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Depends on who's grading.

Very true, I would have given him a D, I will upgrade that on a Super Bowl Apperarance.

:H2:

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Very true, I would have given him a D, I will upgrade that on a Super Bowl Apperarance.

:H2:

Heck I'd upgrade it on a playoff win.

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Play off wins we have had, He gets no upgrade from me until a Super Bowl game. (grin)

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Play off wins we have had, He gets no upgrade from me until a Super Bowl game. (grin)

13 years ago.

kenny1937
05-05-2007, 06:34 PM
:wheelchair: See I did win a playoff game 13 years ago, and you and that kenny1937 can just go jump in the lake, I know how to GM, Read my Lips, field goals and kickers win games, period!!

Chiefster
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
:wheelchair: See I did win a playoff game 13 years ago, and you and that kenny1937 can just go jump in the lake, I know how to GM, Read my Lips, field goals and kickers win games, period!!

There ya have it folks. :rolleyes:

kenny1937
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
There ya have it folks. :rolleyes:

:wheelchair: I knew you would come around Johnny, Us GM types, kow how to handle disgruntled fans!!

:character00255:

kenny1937
05-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Well, I'd be suprised if we trade him, but will be equally surprised if Carl shells out 80 mil over the next 8 years to keep him.

Yep! and on a lighter note :wheelchair:is gone, he rolled his chair in front of a large moving object, namely "The Chief's Crowd" the greatest bunch around! (grin)

Chiefster
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Yep! and on a lighter note :wheelchair:is gone, he rolled his chair in front of a large moving object, namely "The Chief's Crowd" the greatest bunch around! (grin)

...Glad your back kenny1937.

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks Chiefster, if only it was as easy to get rid of his counterpart, nineteen more yraes is really depressing. (grin)

:toast2: aw, forget about that, have a Dr. Pepper!!

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Chiefster, if only it was as easy to get rid of his counterpart, nineteen more yraes is really depressing. (grin)

:toast2: aw, forget about that, have a Dr. Pepper!!

Yep, drink yer cares away! :smil3dbd4e5e7563a:

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Yep, drink yer cares away! :smil3dbd4e5e7563a:

After nineteen years of the present management, what else is left to do?

Carl:brutale_smilies010: Me!

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
After nineteen years of the present management, what else is left to do?

Carl:brutale_smilies010: Me!

I'm pretty sure you'd have to stand in line.

kenny1937
05-18-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm pretty sure you'd have to stand in line.

Stand in line? what are they giving away now?

:rockon: :character0045:

Chiefster
05-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Stand in line? what are they giving away now?

:rockon: :character0045:

Nothin; I miss read yer post.

kenny1937
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Aw Man!! I thought maybe they were giving away free passes, and that is what these folks :schlacht: were fighting for!! (grin)

:sign0085:

kenny1937
05-23-2007, 04:17 AM

:character00179: Hey, with my nineteen years of experience, I can out shell anybody, and you can take that to the Bank!!

Chiefster
05-23-2007, 07:40 AM
:character00179: Hey, with my nineteen years of experience, I can out shell anybody, and you can take that to the Bank!!

Oh no. :rolleyes:

timbok
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
you guys know..that i thought this thread was about the movie number 23...rofl!

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
you guys know..that i thought this thread was about the movie number 23...rofl!

...And yet, somehow, I'm not surprised. :p

hermhater
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM

I'd say this was a surprise to everyone THIS year!

:yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
anyone know who picked up jevon kearse?

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd say this was a surprise to everyone THIS year!

:yahoo:
Yeah but THIS year we got an A on our draft!!!

:lol:

rbedgood
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
anyone know who picked up jevon kearse?

He went back to the Titans...

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
read it again maybe?????

hermhater
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Or, at least, I hope so.

So right...

...and yet so wrong...

:biggrin:

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM

:sign0087: I think I was surprised!!:D

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM

Yeah get out here!!!:lol: Drink some beer:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefs Crowd Rules!!!!!:yahoo:

Canada
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Who is this Canada's #1 Chiefs fan guy? He sounds pretty cool!!

hermhater
04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Who is this Canada's #1 Chiefs fan guy? He sounds pretty cool!!

I don't know, did he get any of the picks for the draft right last year?

Canada
04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't know, did he get any of the picks for the draft right last year?

Probably

hermhater
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Probably

Well good thing this thread is here because it is about last years draft pick selection predictions.

Lets take a look.

Canada
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Well good thing this thread is here because it is about last years draft pick selection predictions.

Lets take a look.

Lemme know how that works out for you!!