PDA

View Full Version : Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah yeah, i know the hardcore fans cannot cheer for more losses, because for some reason wins still matter to them even if they dont make the playoffs.

But 3 or 4 more losses, however many games are left this year, can GREATLY impact the chiefs next season in a positive way.

The most important reason is, if we lose our remaining games, the Herm era is for sure over. I personally think it is already over, but the more losses, the greater we will clean house with the coaches.

The second, and maybe equal to the above, most important reason for losing is that we have the opportunity to draft a way better player(s) next year or use our high draft pick for a good trade.

Either way, I think losing is going to benefit us for next year. Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron....but it is what it is.

And i was just curious....is there anyone else like me hoping for the remaining games to be losses?

let me at least attempt to explain myself....it is playoffs or nothing for me....

...if we dont make the playoffs, i dont care if we go 8-8 or 0-16.

same difference.

i am guessing that the majority of the board does not share my feelings, but i am curious.

wolfpack
12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
right now we will probably draft around 6 or so. if we lost the rest of the games, probably around 4th,i hope. thats one good thing about our record. the second if we lose the rest is maybe,just maybe, clark might pull his head out and do something,maybe.

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Doesn't matter where we draft with Carl calling the shots there will be limited improvement to the roster. We need more than a few more losses to get this thing turned around.

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Doesn't matter where we draft with Carl calling the shots there will be limited improvement to the roster. We need more than a few more losses to get this thing turned around.

probably true.

tornadospotter
12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
right now we will probably draft around 6 or so. if we lost the rest of the games, probably around 4th,i hope. thats one good thing about our record. the second if we lose the rest is maybe,just maybe, clark might pull his head out and do something,maybe.
I would be really surprised if Clark makes any changes. You all must remember, the top Priority of the Hunt family is the renovation of arrowhead. I am just guessing, I do not know as fact. But they put up a lot of money, and they are wanting to honor their father Lamar. So my guess is the focus of the owners, are on the stadium, and will not make changes on the team.

stlchief
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
No where close to being with you on this one.

I'm hoping we win out. 7-9 and drafting 2 or 3 spots lower sounds much better to me. How do you tell a free agent who wants to play for a contender to come to KC if you win 4 games???

Probably we end some where between 4 & 7 wins (READ: 5 or 6).

Canada
12-10-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm hoping we win out. 7-9 and drafting 2 or 3 spots lower sounds much better to me. How do you tell a free agent who wants to play for a contender to come to KC if you win 4 games???

Good point!! You are on your own timsass

McLovin
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM

There are Millions of reasons, lol but for that Carl is too much of a cheapskate. As much as I would love to say lose out on purpose and get a great draft pick, 1. I don't think I have to want this team to lose, they seem to do fine regardless of my feelings, 2. Even if I say I don't want the team to win, I root for the win on Sunday and I get mad when they lose. I cant stand barely losing, but losing bad is even worse, as much as I may want to, I cant buy the lose to win mentality.

for ever red
12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
It hurts to say this,but i hope we dont win again this year.It is time to stop telling themself and everone else we are about to get better,t is clear to me we are not.There are a lot of realy good players on this team, but more below average ones.Time for change.

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 09:29 PM
There are Millions of reasons, lol but for that Carl is too much of a cheapskate. As much as I would love to say lose out on purpose and get a great draft pick, 1. I don't think I have to want this team to lose, they seem to do fine regardless of my feelings, 2. Even if I say I don't want the team to win, I root for the win on Sunday and I get mad when they lose. I cant stand barely losing, but losing bad is even worse, as much as I may want to, I cant buy the lose to win mentality.

yeah, in MOST cases, they players go for the money. There are the times, however, when a player is near the end of their career and wants to go to a contender. But money speaks louder than anything else. Number one priority...and it should be, this is their job after all. That is how most jobs work. You go for high dollar.

IlovetheChiefs
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah in any sport I never liked the idea of losing on purpose. I think it brings more problems than its worth and just isn't the way to do it anyway. It's one thing to try to win and if you fail say, "Well at least we'll get a better draft pick" or "At least we'll have a lighter schedule next year." But to try to lose for those reasons is something I'm against.

Another thing to throw in the mix here is that a strong finish at the end of the year can give a team a boost for looking forward to the next year. Like the Titans started out 1-7 last year but then finished strong at 8-8, giving them good reason for optimisim for 2007. And they are indeed in the playoff hunt now at 7-6.

So I just always say play to win. I fear wanting to lose or not caring if you do or "just going through the motions" could compromise the integrity of the game. And then there's still other things like the fact that I am a die hard Chiefs fan and always want them to win, and that the players make so much money that they should be expected to give it their all for all 16 games regardless of if they are in the playoff hunt or not.

I guess in baseball there's no fringe benefit of losing (no easier schedule, no better player acquisitions) so what's neat there is you know a 60-90 team is going to do all they can to be spoiler to a 90-60 team and that makes every game count.

prough91
12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah in any sport I never liked the idea of losing on purpose. I think it brings more problems than its worth and just isn't the way to do it anyway. It's one thing to try to win and if you fail say, "Well at least we'll get a better draft pick" or "At least we'll have a lighter schedule next year." But to try to lose for those reasons is something I'm against.

Another thing to throw in the mix here is that a strong finish at the end of the year can give a team a boost for looking forward to the next year. Like the Titans started out 1-7 last year but then finished strong at 8-8, giving them good reason for optimisim for 2007. And they are indeed in the playoff hunt now at 7-6.

So I just always say play to win. I fear wanting to lose or not caring if you do or "just going through the motions" could compromise the integrity of the game. And then there's still other things like the fact that I am a die hard Chiefs fan and always want them to win, and that the players make so much money that they should be expected to give it their all for all 16 games regardless of if they are in the playoff hunt or not.

I guess in baseball there's no fringe benefit of losing (no easier schedule, no better player acquisitions) so what's neat there is you know a 60-90 team is going to do all they can to be spoiler to a 90-60 team and that makes every game count.

Nice post. Rep added.

IlovetheChiefs
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Wow, thank you so much. :) So nice when I can share my honest thoughts from the heart and get appreciated for it.

I <3 the Chiefs :)

Canada
12-10-2007, 10:55 PM
This thread sucks *** and all those who want the Chiefs to lose suck too. I think you are all a bunch of asses to cheer for losses. Enjoy the rest of the season traitors.

prough91
12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
This thread sucks *** and all those who want the Chiefs to lose suck too. I think you are all a bunch of asses to cheer for losses. Enjoy the rest of the season traitors.

I'm with Canada. Let's have an American beer.

:toast2:

Coach
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
yeah yeah, i know the hardcore fans cannot cheer for more losses, because for some reason wins still matter to them even if they dont make the playoffs.

But 3 or 4 more losses, however many games are left this year, can GREATLY impact the chiefs next season in a positive way.

The most important reason is, if we lose our remaining games, the Herm era is for sure over. I personally think it is already over, but the more losses, the greater we will clean house with the coaches.

The second, and maybe equal to the above, most important reason for losing is that we have the opportunity to draft a way better player(s) next year or use our high draft pick for a good trade.

Either way, I think losing is going to benefit us for next year. Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron....but it is what it is.

And i was just curious....is there anyone else like me hoping for the remaining games to be losses?

let me at least attempt to explain myself....it is playoffs or nothing for me....

...if we dont make the playoffs, i dont care if we go 8-8 or 0-16.

same difference.

i am guessing that the majority of the board does not share my feelings, but i am curious.

I will never root for the Chiefs to lose. Draft pick or otherwise.
Do you root for your friends to lose their jobs so they can collect unemployment?
How about for them to get hurt so they can take vicodin?

I could keep going, but I'm getting more and more pissed the longer I think about this stupid *** thread.

This clip pretty much sums up my thoughts on this thread.
YouTube - Billy Madison - I Award You No Points

prough91
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Do you root for your friends to lose their jobs so they can collect unemployment?

I could keep going, but I'm getting more and more pissed the longer I think about this stupid *** thread.

YouTube - Billy Madison - I Award You No Points (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVJXVJfY90s)

Way to piss off the coach! Like I said before, you're not a true fan.

DrunkHillbilly
12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, I think we have a winner for tool of the year!!

prough91
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, I think we have a winner for tool of the year!!

Have you ever noticed that Tim is the only one actively rooting against the Chiefs? Maybe he would be better suited on a Raider or Bronco forum.

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 11:38 PM

YouTube - Billy Madison - I Award You No Points (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVJXVJfY90s)

that would have been one of the funniest responses i have ever seen...if it wasnt directed to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sign 0098:

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
i AM rooting for the end of Herm Edwards career at KC. SImple as that. that isnt hard to see. But at least i paid for one ticket to see the chiefs play this year. My friend from KC called me to see if i wanted to go to the titans game and i said hell no. not now. not gonna drive 4 hours just so i can get pissed off.

Coach
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
that would have been one of the funniest responses i have ever seen...if it wasnt directed to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sign 0098:

It is directed at anyone that calls themself a fan in one breath, and in the next tries to rally support for the Chiefs to lose.

I am smart enough to understand that your point in posting this thread was to get a rise out of certain people. It worked in my case. Congrats.

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
It is directed at anyone that calls themself a fan in one breath, and in the next tries to rally support for the Chiefs to lose.

I am smart enough to understand that your point in posting this thread was to get a rise out of certain people. It worked in my case. Congrats.

well thank you! do i get rep points?

Pro_Angler
12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
LMAO this thread imust have mentioned this 5-7 times today at work saying I hope we lose all th rest not only for maybe a coaching change but also a great draft pick.

Coach
12-10-2007, 11:58 PM
well thank you! do i get rep points?
Not the color you were hoping for.

timsatt1
12-10-2007, 11:58 PM
LMAO this thread imust have mentioned this 5-7 times today at work saying I hope we lose all th rest not only for maybe a coaching change but also a great draft pick.

at least someone gets the big picture.

losing the rest of the games guarantees the end of Herm Edwards. Enough said.

yes, i knew this post would get a rise out of people. but i am not going to watch herm's SHlT ball for another year. I really do want us to lose the rest for the good of the organization. Get the big picture PLEASE!

prough91
12-11-2007, 12:00 AM

He he, you just got "Coached".

Canada
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM
at least someone gets the big picture.

losing the rest of the games guarantees the end of Herm Edwards. Enough said.

yes, i knew this post would get a rise out of people. but i am not going to watch herm's SHlT ball for another year. I really do want us to lose the rest for the good of the organization. Get the big picture PLEASE!

Dude, I really hope we keep Herm now just so that you will hate the Chiefs so much you will stop being a "fan" Do you honestly believe that if we go 1-3 as opposed to 0-4 it will have a significant outcome on the career or Herm as our head coach. You are a joke. Come back when you get a clue about what it means to be a fan.

Canada
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm with Canada. Let's have a Canadian beer.

:toast2:

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 12:27 AM

HA! :lol::lol:

Three7s
12-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't say he isn't a fan, he just sees the game in a different way than most people. I see the big picture, you want us to lose, get a really high draft pick, and a possibly easier schedule next year depending on other team improvements of course.
I'm sort of half-in-half as far as the hope we lose for draft pick thing. It's extremely hard to hope we lose, just because I've been a fan since I've been born(21 years baby!), where as, I really want an awesome season next year, but I'll just watch every game and accept the outcome. To each his own.
However, if you want my opinion, I don't think the Chiefs will have a ton of trouble losing the rest of their games, except maybe against the Jets.

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't say he isn't a fan, he just sees the game in a different way than most people. I see the big picture, you want us to lose, get a really high draft pick, and a possibly easier schedule next year depending on other team improvements of course.
I'm sort of half-in-half as far as the hope we lose for draft pick thing. It's extremely hard to hope we lose, just because I've been a fan since I've been born(21 years baby!), where as, I really want an awesome season next year, but I'll just watch every game and accept the outcome. To each his own.
However, if you want my opinion, I don't think the Chiefs will have a ton of trouble losing the rest of their games, except maybe against the Jets.

He has reached a new level of fandom.

prough91
12-11-2007, 01:33 AM

Ok, I'll say it for you. timsatt1 is not a fan. He just likes turmoil.

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Ok, I'll say it for you. timsatt1 is not a fan. He just likes turmoil.

So you're saying he's a fan of turmoil??? :D

prough91
12-11-2007, 01:36 AM
So you're saying he's a fan of turmoil??? :D

Yep. Too bad Turmoil isn't a NFL team. I guess it wouldn't matter, as soon as they had a down year he'd jump off the bandwagon anyway.

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Yep. Too bad Turmoil isn't a NFL team. I guess it wouldn't matter, as soon as they had a down year he'd jump off the bandwagon anyway.

Heh!:lol:

prough91
12-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Heh!:lol:

As you well know, I crack myself up.

Guru
12-11-2007, 01:48 AM
I will NEVER cheer for a loss. EVER!!!!!

If we lose, I am fine with it. But I WILL NOT CHEER FOR IT!!!

prough91
12-11-2007, 01:49 AM
I will NEVER cheer for a loss. EVER!!!!!

If we lose, I am fine with it. But I WILL NOT CHEER FOR IT!!!

Did I ever mention that you were my hero?

Canada
12-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Did I ever mention that you were my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be!!

Yes I could fly higher than an eagle....cause you are the wind beneath my wings!!

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 01:56 AM

Yes I could fly higher than an eagle....cause you are the wind beneath my wings!!

He is the wind beneath your wings???

Canada
12-11-2007, 01:59 AM
He is the wind beneath your wings???

uhhh....was I singing that out loud?? sorry

hermhater
12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Canada likes Bette Midler...

You brave the ice to get a couple extra beers and this is what you come back to?

Sad...

Three7s
12-11-2007, 02:05 AM
I hope the power doesn't go out! Oh well, at least no college tomorrow!

Canada
12-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Canada likes Bette Midler...

You brave the ice to get a couple extra beers and this is what you come back to?

Sad...

Suck it up parrot boy, its only ice

chief31
12-11-2007, 02:11 AM

I have voiced my opinion about hoping for losses before, here. But I don't mind repeating it.

I think that ending our season on a nine-game losing streak demoralizes the players. Losing 8 of our final nine games does the same.

We want Brodie Croyle to succeed, yet we hope he is a loser?!?!?!?! That makes no sense to me. Haven't we all witnessed what happens to a team that finds themselves unable to win? They tend to continue to find themselves unable to win. Look no further than Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, or Houston, for recent examples of how a team gets cught-up in a losing mentallity.

I know that I don't want that for my Chiefs.

And the concept of getting Herm out of here this offseason is, I believe, some very wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the organization is going to "can" him after one poor season, considering the team that he has been given this year. And I think it would take an even worse season, next year, to get him out of town.

I understand the ideal of trying to get a better draft spot, and getting an "easier" schedule, but it is certainly not worth the risk of starting a losing trend. At least not for me.

Canada
12-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I have voiced my opinion about hoping for losses before, here. But I don't mind repeating it.

I think that ending our season on a nine-game losing streak demoralizes the players. Losing 8 of our final nine games does the same.

We want Brodie Croyle to succeed, yet we hope he is a loser?!?!?!?! That makes no sense to me. Haven't we all witnessed what happens to a team that finds themselves unable to win? They tend to continue to find themselves unable to win. Look no further than Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, or Houston, for recent examples of how a team gets cught-up in a losing mentallity.

I know that I don't want that for my Chiefs.

And the concept of getting Herm out of here this offseason is, I believe, some very wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the organization is going to "can" him after one poor season, considering the team that he has been given this year. And I think it would take an even worse season, next year, to get him out of town.

I understand the ideal of trying to get a better draft spot, and getting an "easier" schedule, but it is certainly not worth the risk of starting a losing trend. At least not for me.

Yeah, but why quote Bette Midler??

tammietailgator
12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
I will cheer for this icestorm before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose. I would cheer for a bite on the butt by a rabid cat before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose.

Guru
12-11-2007, 02:19 AM

MANCARD REVOKED!!!!

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 02:20 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

I smell another mancard violation. :D

Three7s
12-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I will cheer for this icestorm before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose. I would cheer for a bite on the butt by a rabid cat before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose.
I dunno, this ice storm is pretty bad! =(

chief31
12-11-2007, 02:27 AM
MANCARD REVOKED!!!!

Who didn't see that one coming?

:lol:

Chiefster

So are the Chiefs, but I still won't cheer for them to lose. :11:

prough91

I am not rapid, but I will bite you on the butt.
:drunkhb:

hermhater
12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
MANCARD REVOKED!!!!

Did that take away his avatar too?

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Did that take away his avatar too?

Mancard violations are not to be taken lightly. :lol:

prough91
12-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Mancard violations are not to be taken lightly. :lol:

When did tim become a man? Did I miss it?

hermhater
12-11-2007, 02:44 AM

As of now we have power here at Arrowhead.

I am prepared with propane grill, 10 candles and arctic cold weather gear.

hermhater
12-11-2007, 02:46 AM
When did tim become a man? Did I miss it?

That was about Canada, the sorry loser to the North , that has somehow violated his avatar picture location.

Canada go fix your f@rk up!

:iamwithstupid:

Canada
12-11-2007, 03:07 AM
How the f@#k did I lose my mancard?? I sing one Bette Midler song and it is gone but HH can post a fruity parrot on every other post and I still have to look at his ugly face!!

hermhater
12-11-2007, 03:11 AM
That was about Canada, the sorry loser to the North , that has somehow violated his avatar picture location.

Canada go fix your f@rk up!

:iamwithstupid:

How the f@#k did I lose my mancard?? I sing one Bette Midler song and it is gone but HH can post a fruity parrot on every other post and I still have to look at his ugly face!!

This has nothing to do with Mancard Revocation northern bro.

This about someone not liking the picture you have(had) as your avatar.

Either you have had too many hits on that pic, or it's shut down because of a FREAKING ICE STORM THAT IS ABOUT TO SHUT US DOWN!!!!!

Canada
12-11-2007, 03:12 AM
What the hell is wrong with my Avatar?? Too good lookin?

hermhater
12-11-2007, 03:15 AM
Who the hell started the Bette Middler medley?

chief31
12-11-2007, 03:17 AM

Hello? McFly????

That is why he had his mancard revoked.

hermhater
12-11-2007, 03:33 AM

Hello? McFly????

prough started it, then Canada made it a joke.

I made it famous!!!

You ARE the wind beneath my wings!

Canada
12-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Hello? McFly????

and to think....quoting Micheal J Fox is not a violation. Wierd

Guru
12-11-2007, 03:49 AM

You'll get over it. :lol: Everyone else has. :D

Your sig was turned off so I had to improvise.:11:

hermhater
12-11-2007, 03:53 AM

You'll get over it. :lol: Everyone else has. :D

Your sig was turned off so I had to improvise.:11:

Canada you're wrong. Bad Canada, bad!!!

Michael J Fox didn't say that, it was McCfly's nemesis that said it...

What the hell was that flat top wearin' dude's name?

chief31
12-11-2007, 04:19 AM

Quoting from Back To The Future is worthy of a mancard reinstatement.

"Now, why don't you make like a tree... and get out of here." -Biff

Guru
12-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Quoting from Back To The Future is worthy of a mancard reinstatement.

"Now, why don't you make like a tree... and get out of here." -Biff

"I hate manure."

hermhater
12-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Make like a fetus and head out!

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Make like a fetus and head out!

:lol::lol:

Yeah, build a bridge and get over it. :D

DrunkHillbilly
12-11-2007, 08:32 AM

This is possibly a PERMANENT Mancard revocation!!!! Now your reciting Bette Midler????????

Canada
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
This is possibly a PERMANENT Mancard revocation!!!! Now your reciting Bette Midler????????

Holy F@$K, It was a joke after something HH said. Get over it

DrunkHillbilly
12-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Holy F@, It was a joke after something HH said. Get over it
I didn't read the other revocations before I posted.

Anyhow, joke or not NEVER I mean NEVER do that in public agane!!!! That's how you say it right?? Agane???

Chiefster
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Holy F@, It was a joke after something HH said. Get over it

I didn't read the other revocations before I posted.

Anyhow, joke or not NEVER I mean NEVER do that in public agane!!!! That's how you say it right?? Agane???

It was a joke; just like the mancard revocation.

DrunkHillbilly
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
It was a joke; just like the mancard revocation.
How many times do we have to clarify that it was a joke??? Can't we bust balls even if it was a joke??:yahoo:

m0ef0e
12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I understand that we will get a better draft pick, etc if we lose out. I just can't bring myself to cheer for that. I will still pick the Chiefs to win every week. It's how I roll. I won't be disappointed to see us lose a few more at the end of this season, however. Maybe we can get a win the last week against the Jets and go out on somewhat of a high note. I don't know. I just can't root for us to lose. My brain doesn't work that way.

Coach
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't know. I just can't root for us to lose. My brain doesn't work that way.

Congrats. You have passed the test.

rbedgood
12-11-2007, 06:46 PM

Sure it is...Turmoil just goes by another name on Sundays. The team resides in Oakland, but has been known to make a move to Los Angeles on a whim.

anaeelbackwards
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
if you were a true chiefs fan, you would never root for a chiefs loss. WTF..... im sure one would have their reasons but still, i cannot even fathom myself up to doing it.

http://acsh.org/imgLib/20040603_thumb_down.jpg

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I vow to one day kill that damn parrot.

luv
12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
The second, and maybe equal to the above, most important reason for losing is that we have the opportunity to draft a w
You do not have to have an earlier pick to draft well.

I didn't read the entire thread. I'm sure someone else had to point that out. Just throwing out my two cents on it as well.

Coach
12-11-2007, 08:44 PM

You know a completely radical way of thinking would be to root for the teams below the Chiefs to win instead of rooting for the Chiefs to lose.
:sign0153: Holy crap! Wow. Do I get a Nobel Prize like Al Gore?

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 08:59 PM
You know a completely radical way of thinking would be to root for the teams below the Chiefs to win instead of rooting for the Chiefs to lose.

good point. didnt look at it that way. i guess a combination of the two would be good.

and, luv, obviously a higher draft pick is better and you have to be somewhat lucky to draft late and the player turn out to be better than thought.

also, you can get way better trade value for a high draft pick. you get little to no trade value for a low pick.

yes we all know that stars can come up late or not even be drafted at all, which is what you are referring to.

luv
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
good point. didnt look at it that way. i guess a combination of the two would be good.

and, luv, obviously a higher draft pick is better and you have to be somewhat lucky to draft late and the player turn out to be better than thought.

also, you can get way better trade value for a high draft pick. you get little to no trade value for a low pick.

yes we all know that stars can come up late or not even be drafted at all, which is what you are referring to.
No sh*t. Why don't you tell me something else I obviously already know?

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM

you forgot to remind me it was that time. geez. give me some warning at least.

you are the one responding to MY ORIGINAL POST saying that we DONT need a high draft pick, so then, becuase i disagree with that insane logic, i told you why we DO need a high draft pick.

Coach
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM

This is the last time I will read this from you Tims. Period.

luv
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM

you are the one responding to MY ORIGINAL POST saying that we DONT need a high draft pick, so then, becuase i disagree with that insane logic, i told you why we DO need a high draft pick.
You told me what my reasoning was as well. Thanks, because I didn't know.

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 10:51 PM
You told me what my reasoning was as well. Thanks, because I didn't know.

ok luv, let me explain how you contradicted yourself.

i said we will be better off losing the rest of the games because we would get a higher draft pick and there would be a greater chance that we would get rid of the herman monster administration.

your response was that we dont necessarily need a higher draft pick

i argued your respone saying YES WE DO NEED A HIGH DRAFT PICK...and HERE IS WHY WE NEED A HIGH DRAFT PICK.

then you go on agreeing with me on why we need a high draft pick, which contradicts your response to my original post that we dont necessarily need a high draft pick.

all in all, you are confusing me very much. can you please explain yourself and why you got mad at me for disagreeing with your original logic and then agreeing with my post that defies your original logic?

luv
12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
ok luv, let me explain how you contradicted yourself.

i said we will be better off losing the rest of the games because we would get a higher draft pick and there would be a greater chance that we would get rid of the herman monster administration.

your response was that we dont necessarily need a higher draft pick

i argued your respone saying YES WE DO NEED A HIGH DRAFT PICK...and HERE IS WHY WE NEED A HIGH DRAFT PICK.

then you go on agreeing with me on why we need a high draft pick, which contradicts your response to my original post that we dont necessarily need a high draft pick.

all in all, you are confusing me very much. can you please explain yourself and why you got mad at me for disagreeing with your original logic and then agreeing with my post that defies your original logic?

yes we all know that stars can come up late or not even be drafted at all, which is what you are referring to.Let me repeat myself now.

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Let me repeat myself now.

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to communicate with me besides the fact that you are mad at me. nothing in any of your responses to me in this thread make any sense to me at all.

luv
12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
i honestly have no idea what you are trying to communicate with me besides the fact that you are mad at me. nothing in any of your responses to me in this thread make any sense to me at all.
You told me what my freaking reasoning was! Hence the quote saying that's what I was referring to. What is there not to get? Anyone?

And since when does having a different opinion mean that I'm mad at someone?

hermhater
12-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe what luv is saying timsatt, is that you are trying to tell luv what her opinion is and anyone who thinks they can know what is in another persons thoughts is ridiculous.

Arguing is good, in my opinion, but telling someone what to think, just don't cut it in my book.

timsatt1
12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
dont be mad at me. if you are going to be mad at all, be mad at the parrot.

Guru
12-11-2007, 11:52 PM

Why? Did you create the internet?:D

anaeelbackwards
12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Why? Did you create the internet?:D

i believe chiefster and bill gates created the internet.

Guru
12-12-2007, 12:15 AM

Chiefs invented bloat. Bill created bloatware.

prough91
12-12-2007, 01:53 AM

I thought Chiefster helped create dirt. Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

rbedgood
12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I thought Chiefster helped create dirt. Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

Nahh, he missed out on dirt, but he did come up with a number of great discoveries...

Fire:
http://re3.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2450399181 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dbonfire%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=215&h=276&imgurl=www.pinoakfarms.com%2Fimages%2Fbonfire.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinoakfarms.com%2Fgroup_hayr ide_bonfire.html&size=26.6kB&name=bonfire.jpg&p=bonfire&type=jpeg&no=2&tt=423,356&oid=396057be85b9ac92&ei=UTF-8)

Wheel:

http://re3.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3555438130 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dstone%2Bage%2Bwheel%26rs%3D0% 26ei%3DUTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26vf%3D&w=150&h=150&imgurl=www.wheeldoit.com%2Fbigstoneagewheel.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wheeldoit.com%2Faboutus.htm&size=4.7kB&name=bigstoneagewheel.jpg&p=stone+age+wheel&type=jpeg&no=5&tt=101&oid=2d1eb0caaf9b6232&ei=UTF-8)

The abacus:

http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2569749393 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dold%2Babacus%26rs%3D3%26ei%3D UTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26vf%3D&w=800&h=600&imgurl=www.cis.nctu.edu.tw%2F%7Ewhtsai%2FTaiwan_To urs%2FHuko_%26amp%3B_Hsinfeng%2FWebpages%2FA.%2520 Huko%2520Old%2520Town%2F5.%2520Old%2520Articles%25 20%28A%29%2F03%2520An%2520old%2520abacus%2520made% 2520of%2520wood.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Findex.cfm%3Ffu seaction%3Duser.viewProfile%26amp%3BfriendID%3D452 6256%26amp%3BMytoken%3D20050325204353&size=257.7kB&name=03+An+old+abacus+made+of+wood.jpg&p=old+abacus&type=jpeg&no=21&tt=380&oid=f6840a94d212977e&ei=UTF-8)

and Pottery:

http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/431253438 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dancient%2Bpottery%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=500&h=409&imgurl=static.flickr.com%2F254%2F457037471_25b5524 60f_m.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fjhaand oh%2F457037471%2F&size=202.4kB&name=457037471_25b552460f.jpg&p=ancient+pottery&type=jpeg&no=19&tt=28,983&oid=79cf05ce757eb916&fusr=Jhaan&tit=Barriles+Petroglyphs+Archeological+Site+Potter y&hurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fjhaand oh%2F&ei=UTF-8&src=p)

prough91
12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Nahh, he missed out on dirt, but he did come up with a number of great discoveries...

Fire:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dbonfire%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=215&h=276&imgurl=www.pinoakfarms.com%2Fimages%2Fbonfire.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinoakfarms.com%2Fgroup_hayr ide_bonfire.html&size=26.6kB&name=bonfire.jpg&p=bonfire&type=jpeg&no=2&tt=423,356&oid=396057be85b9ac92&ei=UTF-8)

Wheel:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dstone%2Bage%2Bwheel%26rs%3D0% 26ei%3DUTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26vf%3D&w=150&h=150&imgurl=www.wheeldoit.com%2Fbigstoneagewheel.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wheeldoit.com%2Faboutus.htm&size=4.7kB&name=bigstoneagewheel.jpg&p=stone+age+wheel&type=jpeg&no=5&tt=101&oid=2d1eb0caaf9b6232&ei=UTF-8)

The abacus:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dold%2Babacus%26rs%3D3%26ei%3D UTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26vf%3D&w=800&h=600&imgurl=www.cis.nctu.edu.tw%2F%7Ewhtsai%2FTaiwan_To urs%2FHuko_%26amp%3B_Hsinfeng%2FWebpages%2FA.%2520 Huko%2520Old%2520Town%2F5.%2520Old%2520Articles%25 20%28A%29%2F03%2520An%2520old%2520abacus%2520made% 2520of%2520wood.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Findex.cfm%3Ffu seaction%3Duser.viewProfile%26amp%3BfriendID%3D452 6256%26amp%3BMytoken%3D20050325204353&size=257.7kB&name=03+An+old+abacus+made+of+wood.jpg&p=old+abacus&type=jpeg&no=21&tt=380&oid=f6840a94d212977e&ei=UTF-8)

and Pottery:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dancient%2Bpottery%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=500&h=409&imgurl=static.flickr.com%2F254%2F457037471_25b5524 60f_m.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fjhaand oh%2F457037471%2F&size=202.4kB&name=457037471_25b552460f.jpg&p=ancient+pottery&type=jpeg&no=19&tt=28,983&oid=79cf05ce757eb916&fusr=Jhaan&tit=Barriles+Petroglyphs+Archeological+Site+Potter y&hurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fjhaand oh%2F&ei=UTF-8&src=p)

You forgot bronze:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/melasthanatos/1950_bronze_rev.jpg