PDA

View Full Version : Queen Carl takes Blame

wolfpack
12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Edwards, Peterson take blame for Chiefs woes
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Herm Edwards invited blame Tuesday for what is becoming a dismal finish to his second season as Chiefs coach.

He said it was OK if some fans skipped Sunday’s home finale; he would understand. He said the Chiefs’ six-game losing streak and 4-9 record are not results of poor efforts from players or coaches — the two or three nights he spends in his office at Arrowhead Stadium are proof of that.

General manager and team president Carl Peterson heard it all. Then Peterson said the blame should fall on his shoulders.

“At the end of the day,” Peterson said, “the buck stops here. I think I understand our fans’ impatience and disappointment. I feel the same way. But everything that happens in this organization … it all ends up on my desk.

“The ultimate responsibility is mine.”

Peterson said he plans to evaluate all team personnel after the season, including himself. He said Tuesday that he would give himself “not a good grade” for this season. Peterson, in his 19th season with the organization, said he would examine his entire body of work but “absolutely” would resign if convinced that he or his decisions had become a detriment.

As for Edwards, Peterson said Tuesday, the coach’s job is safe.

“I think he’s the right guy,” Peterson said.

wolfpack
12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
does he think antone actually believe he`ll fire himself,yea right.

wolfpack
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Repost!!! Cant Find The Delete Button To Remove Thread. And I`ll Remove Myself From This Board For The Day Or Two

hermhater
12-13-2007, 04:22 AM
It's always nice to hear from Carl though!

:lol:

Guru
12-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Donald Trump needs to visit Carl.http://www.glenncarr.com/blog/uploaded_images/trump-789041.jpg

Chiefster
12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Do go away upset Carl, just go away.

timsatt1
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
i sure dont think anyone would EVER fire themselves, but there was a day when rush limbaugh messed up and accidently gave some faulty information and then he suspended himself for the next day's show. funny stuff. did i mention i love rush?

rbedgood
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Seriously, we all know you love Rush "Oxycotin" Limbaugh. Personally even though I may agree with much of his politics, I find him to be an arrogant prick that has no sensitivity to his fellow human beings. I see through your rants most of the time in the assumption (hope) that in another 5-10 years you'll find that the old proverb:

"You catch more flies with honey..."

...actually has validity in life.

timsatt1
12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Seriously, we all know you love Rush "Oxycotin" Limbaugh. Personally even though I may agree with much of his politics, I find him to be an arrogant prick that has no sensitivity to his fellow human beings. I see through your rants most of the time in the assumption (hope) that in another 5-10 years you'll find that the old proverb:

"You catch more flies with honey..."

...actually has validity in life.

if you listen to rush a few times then you know that he is very very arrogant and brags on himself.

if you listen to him every day, you realize he is being sarcastic in a lot of the stuff he says. he also understands that many human beings want a leader with confidence. A LOT (reason he has been #1 talk radio show for past....15 years?) of people like the confidence he shows as he speaks the truth.

there are a lot of ppl like you that are in agreeance that he is way too egotistical....and arrogant....but if he were "humble" as you want him to be....there goes ratings, no longer the top show. simple as that. obviously, i dont know him personally, nor do you, but i literally hear him every day and i understand how the show business works.

a perfect christian who is humble as pie is not going to get ratings.

rush has known that for a long time.

rbedgood
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm not saying he's not a great showman...as for listening to him, I did for years...but as with most buffoons, even if you agree with him, his act can get old. Or at least it did in my opinion. I don't know him, and I guess in my opinion if you act a certain way 99.9% of the time it no longer becomes an act, it becomes your IMAGE.

timsatt1
12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
yeah i know, i can understand why you would think that because he literally starts out the show saying "i am a natural treasure, a nobel peace prize nominy, blah blah blah, a harmless little fuzzball.

most of these things are either true (nobel peace prize nominee) or have an inside story to it.

but again....when he flat out says this stuff, if you dont know his personality and his use of sarcasm, you definately would think this. He even says if you listen to me a couple times you probably willl not like me, if you listen to me three weeks you will love me.

but you got to look at things from his perspective, he has EVERYTHING, knows all the big people...pro athletes owners and political figures (no, he isnt really personal friends with many hollywood celebs) but i mean he is basically on top and doesnt need to say all these things, he is God fearing and has a lot of common sense.

BUT he has a great sense of humor and ALSO he has a true passion for his job....the whole reason he is so interesting. maybe not interesting to you personally but interesting to enough people that have made him the number one talk show in american for the last 15 years.

and not only that but he was THE FIRST....the first to change the liberal media from having a monopoly. his influence truly does impact elections and even has influence on the economy. If he announces a book on the air it is guaranteed to become #1 best seller. if he announces a web address on the air, it is guaranteed to crash the server a few minutes later.

Rush Limbaugh is no Terrel Owens.

i am defending this guy even though he doesnt need me to. He puts principal above other people's opinion which is the way everyone should live.

ok i am done praising rush. without rush, conservatives would not have a voice.

yeah yeah...there are more conservative hosts out there now...but rush started it. so that is what i mean, without him starting what he did, there would still be the monopoly of foolishness.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 12:14 AM
You guys are just askin' for the freakin' parrot man...

Don't make me do it...

timsatt1
12-14-2007, 12:15 AM
You guys are just askin' for the freakin' parrot man...

Don't make me do it...

can you put rush's head on a parrots body?

oh by the way rush use to work for the kansas city royals if anyone wanted that little tidbit of information.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 12:37 AM

oh by the way rush use to work for the kansas city royals if anyone wanted that little tidbit of information.

No, but I can do this...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/45.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

timsatt1
12-14-2007, 12:41 AM
No, but I can do this...

wow, rush limbaugh with a full head of hair!

i think he looks better now with the mostly bauld and white hair look.

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 05:42 AM
No, but I can do this...

HAHA...you forgot to mention that his use (abuse) of Oxycotin cost him his hearing (had to get Cochlear Implants) and nearly his career (due to the loss of hearing) & the possibility of jail time (which didn't happen)

McLovin
12-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm not saying he's not a great showman...as for listening to him, I did for years...but as with most buffoons, even if you agree with him, his act can get old. Or at least it did in my opinion. I don't know him, and I guess in my opinion if you act a certain way 99.9% of the time it no longer becomes an act, it becomes your IMAGE.
Agreed I also listened to rush for quite some time, but then just couldn't take it anymore. BTW I still love to listen to Mike Gallagher he has class and can express an opinion in a way as to allow others their opinions. Something Rush should try.

McLovin
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Yet another reason to not like him.

Oh and fwiw listening to you Tim is kinda like listening to Rush, after all your BS when you make a good point very few hear it because most of what you say is garbage.

:lol::lol::lol:

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 10:34 AM
i love it when people tell rush how to keep staying the #1 most listened to radio show.

he is still #1 and ppl try and tell him how he needs to do the show.

you think if he changed formats, he would still have as many listners?

ok maybe he would, something we cant know unless it actually happened..but i sure doubt he would.

Canada
12-15-2007, 10:39 AM
i love it when people tell rush how to keep staying the #1 most listened to radio show.

ok maybe he would, something we cant know unless it actually happened..but i sure doubt he would.

yes.

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 12:02 PM

I'm not telling him how to stay #1, and I haven't seen anyone else here try to do so. I'm telling YOU, why I can't stand him and now listen to Sean Hannity or Mark Levin

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm not telling him how to stay #1, and I haven't seen anyone else here try to do so. I'm telling YOU, why I can't stand him and now listen to Sean Hannity or Mark Levin

well i am glad you like mark levin. for the record, rush and mark levin are actually best friends. Levin was even going to quit radio and rush talked him into staying.

I like sean hannity as well, he is a good student of rush.

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 12:14 PM
I've never said I didn't agree with Rush, I just find him to be a bit prickly of personality for my preference. I find the other two to be gentlemen towards those who agree or disagree with them. I don't doubt that a lot of Rush's "bravado" on the air is an act, it's still obnoxious.

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I've never said I didn't agree with Rush, I just find him to be a bit prickly of personality for my preference. I find the other two to be gentlemen towards those who agree or disagree with them. I don't doubt that a lot of Rush's "bravado" on the air is an act, it's still obnoxious.

yeah its cool, i understand why rush's personality isnt for everyone or even for every conservative for that matter.

he does the show just right for my standards.

Canada
12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
conservatives suck! u are like Herm

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 12:33 PM

no, in politics Conservatives go for the win (iraq war) where democrats want to try not to lose.

Canada
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
no, in politics Conservatives go for the win (iraq war) where democrats want to try not to lose.

somebody won the iraq war?

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM

we are going for the win. there is still a war.

Canada
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
we are going for the win. there is still a war.

suuuure you are!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM

Call me Hoover then.

McLovin
12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah the Gas Companies, Bush, Cheney, Haliburton. Plenty of winners. Problem is far more non winners in this war.

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
With TimSatt1 temporarily sent down to the minors we could let many threads like this one just whither away...

G'day...

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
With TimSatt1 temporarily sent down to the minors we could let many threads like this one just whither away...

G'day...

I had not realized that he had actually been banned. :lol:

hermhater
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM

G'day...

I have a feeling he is lurking here among us, and has posted during his lunch hour from work...

Different IP address, different username...

:11:

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM

G'day...

Agreed!

I have a feeling he is lurking here among us, and has posted during his lunch hour from work...

Different IP address, different username...

:11:

It wouldn't surprise me.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 01:01 AM

G'day...

But still your bring it back.

G'Day
I SAID G'DAY

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
But still your bring it back.

G'Day
I SAID G'DAY

g'day!