PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Hermhater and all other Haterz

garciakcfan
12-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I rarely visit this site anymore because everytime I do my blood starts to rush while reading, because the forum is filled with so much hate and negativity towards the team that I love and cheer for and defend every week.. And this is a Chiefs fan site!!!!!!! Hey HermHater have you ever played a sport in your life besides synchronized swimming??? Because some of your off the wall comments are ridiculous... Like this one that got me really mad, something about how losing is a mentality that carries over to the next year.. Great statement!!!!! yeah I'm sure these guys play football and want to go 0-16 every year because they're used to losing. Maybe that should be the goal, right?? You love the Dick Vermeil era, great, he was a great coach but accomplished nothing. 13-3 and got bounced out of the playoffs at home in the first round they played in. You guys bash a coach that took over an aging team that has had two hall of fame offensive lineman retire in his first two years. What do you think they are a dime a dozen?? Especially a Left Tackle. He took over a team in transition and last year was almost a gift to make it to the playoffs. I think the draft over the passed two years has been good with the exception being medlock. Theres a bright future with an influx of young talent coming in every year. At least I'm a realistic fan and no matter what will defend my team even from so-called other chiefs fans. If you hate this team so much and get your jollies off when you bash it go be a RAIDERS fan!!!!!!!!!:sign0104:

prough91
12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey, I love the Chiefs as much as anyone, but I wouldn't call it hate, I'd call it frustration.

Canada
12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not touchin this one

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I think I'll pass (no football pun intended) too, Canada!

I'll just say I love the Chiefs with a passion and have a hard time ever being down on any player, coach, or anyone else in the Chiefs organization. But as prough91 said, sometimes the negativity is more frustration, and in those cases can still be considered love for the Chiefs (just that it's "tough" love! :) ).

Just looking at the Chiefs arrowhead logo with the letters KC and the red color just makes me go sighhhhh in euphoria! (as well as just seeing the name CHIEFS. sighhhhh. HEH, what can I say I LOVE em' to death!)

Canada
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I think I'll pass (no football pun intended) too, Canada!

I'll just say I love the Chiefs with a passion and have a hard time ever being down on any player, coach, or anyone else in the Chiefs organization. But as prough91 said, sometimes the negativity is more frustration, and in those cases can still be considered love for the Chiefs (just that it's "tough" love! :) ).

Just looking at the Chiefs arrowhead logo with the letters KC and the red color just makes me go sighhhhh in euphoria! (as well as just seeing the name CHIEFS. sighhhhh. HEH, what can I say I LOVE em' to death!)

I went to my daughters Christmas concert at the mall today and I had to see a guy wearing a faders coat. I was wearing all my Chiefs stuff so I made sure to stand directly in front of him, (I am 6'4") so he had to stare directly into the Arrowhead on the back of my coat for the whole show!!

prough91
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I went to my daughters Christmas concert at the mall today and I had to see a guy wearing a faders coat. I was wearing all my Chiefs stuff so I made sure to stand directly in front of him, (I am 6'4") so he had to stare directly into the Arrowhead on the back of my coat for the whole show!!

That story would have been so much cooler if at the end you kicked him in the nads and took his girlfriend home.

Canada
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
That story would have been so much cooler if at the end you kicked him in the nads and took his girlfriend home.

Who wants a broad thats been f'ed by a faders fan?

prough91
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Who wants a broad thats been f'ed by a faders fan?

It's well know that Raider's fans are, uh, lacking. I doubt he hurt her too much.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Way to get in his face with the real football team!

Today is a mild here (near 60 F) and this morning I went out with my Chiefs shirt that has a HUGE KC Arrowhead on it (along with my Chiefs cap and watch). I love to make sure people with Eagles stuff on plainly see my much better looking attire!

Canada
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
It's well know that Raider's fans are, uh, lacking. I doubt he hurt her too much.

Probably didn't hurt but she is way too dirty for me now. I wouldn't touch her with my 10 foot pole!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Way to get in his face with the real football team!

Today is a mild here (near 60 F) and this morning I went out with my Chiefs shirt that has a HUGE KC Arrowhead on it (along with my Chiefs cap and watch). I love to make sure people with Eagles stuff on plainly see my much better looking attire!

I have at least 5 Chiefs things on at any given point in the day. Chiefs hat, wallet, watch, bracelet and chain. The I have longjohns cause it is really cold, Chiefs t shirt, long sleeve and the hoodie and Chiefs socks. It becomes a game of see if I can wear more and more stuff every day. I already bought myself 2 new hoodies for Christmas. I can't wait to get them!! :toast2:

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I have at least 5 Chiefs things on at any given point in the day. Chiefs hat, wallet, watch, bracelet and chain. The I have longjohns cause it is really cold, Chiefs t shirt, long sleeve and the hoodie and Chiefs socks. It becomes a game of see if I can wear more and more stuff every day. I already bought myself 2 new hoodies for Christmas. I can't wait to get them!! :toast2:

Likewise with me! I love to continually add to my Chiefs items. And it makes it easy for my family to shop for Christmas presents for me. Looking forward to seeing what new Chiefs things I'll be receiving this year!

The best Chiefs merchandise are the ones that you can show off to a lot of people. Chiefs ANYTHING is great of course, but things like clocks and bedspreads are often only seen by me.

Canada
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Likewise with me! I love to continually add to my Chiefs items. And it makes it easy for my family to shop for Christmas presents for me. Looking forward to seeing what new Chiefs things I'll be receiving this year!

The best Chiefs merchandise are the ones that you can show off to a lot of people. Chiefs ANYTHING is great of course, but things like clocks and bedspreads are often only seen by me.

It used to be for me, but now I have everything you can find in stores here. (we don't get a ton of Chiefs stuff in Canada) So now I go on a shopping spree once a year when I go to KC. I spend about $800 at Sports Nutz when I go. That is about my yearly budget!!

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
And how timely: I just got the mail and in it was a Chiefs dufflebag I had ordered for myself. There's an example of something else that many people will see. It'll be fun to bring to work everyday!

prough91
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
It used to be for me, but now I have everything you can find in stores here. (we don't get a ton of Chiefs stuff in Canada) So now I go on a shopping spree once a year when I go to KC. I spend about $800 at Sports Nutz when I go. That is about my yearly budget!!

I'm poor so I have to resort to writing on myself with red and black markers.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm poor so I have to resort to writing on myself with red and black markers.

Well I hope you can do it with Chiefs pens, heh!

prough91
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I rarely visit this site anymore because everytime I do my blood starts to rush while reading, because the forum is filled with so much hate and negativity towards the team that I love and cheer for and defend every week.. And this is a Chiefs fan site!!!!!!! Hey HermHater have you ever played a sport in your life besides synchronized swimming??? Because some of your off the wall comments are ridiculous... Like this one that got me really mad, something about how losing is a mentality that carries over to the next year.. Great statement!!!!! yeah I'm sure these guys play football and want to go 0-16 every year because they're used to losing. Maybe that should be the goal, right?? You love the Dick Vermeil era, great, he was a great coach but accomplished nothing. 13-3 and got bounced out of the playoffs at home in the first round they played in. You guys bash a coach that took over an aging team that has had two hall of fame offensive lineman retire in his first two years. What do you think they are a dime a dozen?? Especially a Left Tackle. He took over a team in transition and last year was almost a gift to make it to the playoffs. I think the draft over the passed two years has been good with the exception being medlock. Theres a bright future with an influx of young talent coming in every year. At least I'm a realistic fan and no matter what will defend my team even from so-called other chiefs fans. If you hate this team so much and get your jollies off when you bash it go be a RAIDERS fan!!!!!!!!!:sign0104:

If you love them so much, why don't you get on here a lot to defend them?

garciakcfan
12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Because it makes me sick sometimes and really mad to hear so called "fans" just rip apart my team that I just close the window and dont visit for a couple of weeks. I decided to check out the buzz this morning and the more and more I read, I couldnt refuse but to start a new thread and vent. Believe me I'm not happy either at being 4-9 but its reality. I'm losing a bet against a Bills fan that KC would have the better record at the end of the year. Tell me how you would feel. But no matter what it tells who are the true fans and who arent when stuff goes bad. Just reading posts makes me realize how little people actually know about the game and if they are so damn critical they should get off their lazy A$$ and try out for the team because they sound like they know everything and should be the coach or the player. I knew it was going to be a toss up year and it could have went either way.. people talk like we should be a playoff team with and dont look at the big picture.

hermhater
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I rarely visit this site anymore because everytime I do my blood starts to rush while reading, because the forum is filled with so much hate and negativity towards the team that I love and cheer for and defend every week.. And this is a Chiefs fan site!!!!!!!

I love and cheer for and try to defend this team from the terrible head coach every week too!!!

Hey HermHater have you ever played a sport in your life besides synchronized swimming???

I played football in HS and our freshman coach knew more about football than HERM!!!

Because some of your off the wall comments are ridiculous... Like this one that got me really mad, something about how losing is a mentality that carries over to the next year.. Great statement!!!!! yeah I'm sure these guys play football and want to go 0-16 every year because they're used to losing. Maybe that should be the goal, right??

So you're one of those sissies that wants us to lose the rest of the games for a draft pick too???

Winning, as well as losing, is a HABIT!!!!

You love the Dick Vermeil era, great, he was a great coach but accomplished nothing. 13-3 and got bounced out of the playoffs at home in the first round they played in.

How many SB's has HERM won again???

You guys bash a coach that took over an aging team that has had two hall of fame offensive lineman retire in his first two years. What do you think they are a dime a dozen?? Especially a Left Tackle.

And he did nothing to fix this in the draft!!!

He took over a team in transition and last year was almost a gift to make it to the playoffs. I think the draft over the passed two years has been good with the exception being medlock. Theres a bright future with an influx of young talent coming in every year. At least I'm a realistic fan and no matter what will defend my team even from so-called other chiefs fans. If you hate this team so much and get your jollies off when you bash it go be a RAIDERS fan!!!!!!!!!:sign0104:

Even TG (our best freakin' player!!!) has called out Herm's play calling!

I suppose you want him to go and play for the Raiders too?

Nice to have you back!

:D

greg3564
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Because it makes me sick sometimes and really mad to hear so called "fans" just rip apart my team that I just close the window and dont visit for a couple of weeks. I decided to check out the buzz this morning and the more and more I read, I couldnt refuse but to start a new thread and vent. Believe me I'm not happy either at being 4-9 but its reality. I'm losing a bet against a Bills fan that KC would have the better record at the end of the year. Tell me how you would feel. But no matter what it tells who are the true fans and who arent when stuff goes bad. Just reading posts makes me realize how little people actually know about the game and if they are so damn critical they should get off their lazy A$$ and try out for the team because they sound like they know everything and should be the coach or the player. I knew it was going to be a toss up year and it could have went either way.. people talk like we should be a playoff team with and dont look at the big picture.

As a fan I have the right to ***** and complain as much as the next guy. I call it like I see it. This team sucks bad! The fact that we're 4-9 and ranked 30th or worse in various offensive categories can't be ignored. Yeah, we can place blame on Roaf and Shields leaving. But is that really the reason? We're "old" on the O line and at corner back. The supposed "young" defense has been getting torched the last few games. They just gave up 41 points to a mediocre Denver team!!!! This team needs a complete overhaul starting from Carl Peterson all the way down to each and every coach. Yes, including Gunther. If we are going to "rebuild" then let's do it all the way.

If you don't like the truth, too bad. As my Dad always told me, "Sh!t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first." For better or worse, I'm a realist.

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM

You must be a relative of Herm's or Carls. We are just calling a spade a spade. Herm inherited a good program left by Bill Parcells and ran it into the ground and the got ran out of town himself. He hasn't proved anything in the NFL. The Chiefs are one of the oldest NFL franchises and have a storied history. I would think ownership would hire a coach with a more impressive resume than Herm's, his resume speaks for itself a mediocre NFL coach. You have some balls to say that we are not real Chiefs fans and that you are because of our lack of knowledge, bro you better check yourself. You know people in glass houses...your mentality fits with the current mentality of the Chiefs management.... just wait for next year, and if it doesn't happen then it will soon. Well I want to see some freaking results.

hermhater
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Exactly!

Nice nigeriannightmare!

Rep!

Canada
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
plus HH is gay

hermhater
12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
plus HH is gay

Watch it homo!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
did u ever know that you're my hero...

hermhater
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
did u ever know that you're my hero...

Don't go trying to drag me down the revoked Mancard hole with you ***!!

:lol:

PawnshopMarimba
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Let's also not forget that the offensive line that's out on the field was deemed acceptable by Herm.

And let's not forget that Herm put a "running team" out on the field WITHOUT A FULLBACK.

Way to go, dude. Brilliant.

greg3564
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Let's also not forget that the offensive line that's out on the field was deemed acceptable by Herm.

And let's not forget that Herm put a "running team" out on the field WITHOUT A FULLBACK.

HEY!!! How dare you criticize this team and upset the original poster! :lol: Some guys can't handle the truth. They choose to live in fantasyland.

PawnshopMarimba
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
HEY!!! How dare you criticize this team and upset the original poster! :lol: Some guys can't handle the truth. They choose to live in fantasyland.

lol! Sorry, mate. What I meant to say was:

Baaa! Baaa! Baaaaa!

There you go. I can be a grade A Carl Peterson sheep, too. :D

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Baaa! Baaa! Baaaaa!

See? Now I'm a good little sheep. :D

Uh oh, a Rams fan!

greg3564
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Baaa! Baaa! Baaaaa!

See? Now I'm a good little sheep. :D

There ya go. Now you're a team player...or is that taking one for the team? The latter when you play for Herm.

greg3564
12-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Uh oh, a Rams fan!

Rams fans expect a losing season each year.

Chiefster
12-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Thank you Carl Peterson, as prough91 stated it is voicing frustration and there is no doubting the reason that the Jets let Herm go for a fourth round pick. I understand and can appreciate your loyalty to the team, and even your frustration with many of us, but I haven't read too many post replies bashing many of the players with the notable exception of the offensive line, but to call someone out and say they are not a fan for voicing frustration is, in my opinion, an uninformed statement. Look at any Jets site from two to three years ago and I guarantee you will see much the same things being said about Herm Edwards there, and it isn't because they are "so-called" fans. Anytime a team is on track to go 4-12 there are not going to be a whole lot of positives that come from it; part of that is an influx of fan frustration. I wouldn't suggest that any Chiefs fan here turn to being a Raiders fan.

timsatt1
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM

go find justin timberlake and cry yourself a river with him. If you don't like it, then you dont like it. SUCK IT UP! we will not change our responese to make you "not offended" lol.

luv
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Interesting thread.

"You're everything I wish I could be...."

Canada
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Interesting thread.

"You're everything I wish I could be...."

can u fly higher than an eagle??

luv
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
If you're the wind beneath my wings.

Chiefster
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM

If you're the wind beneath my wings.

Heh! :lol:

Canada
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Can't take away my mancard now!!

hermhater
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Can't take away my mancard now!!

Well I guess you are free to let everyone know you wear pink panties then!

prough91
12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
As a fan I have the right to ***** and complain as much as the next guy. I call it like I see it. This team sucks bad! The fact that we're 4-9 and ranked 30th or worse in various offensive categories can't be ignored. Yeah, we can place blame on Roaf and Shields leaving. But is that really the reason? We're "old" on the O line and at corner back. The supposed "young" defense has been getting torched the last few games. They just gave up 41 points to a mediocre Denver team!!!! This team needs a complete overhaul starting from Carl Peterson all the way down to each and every coach. Yes, including Gunther. If we are going to "rebuild" then let's do it all the way.

If you don't like the truth, too bad. As my Dad always told me, "Sh!t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first." For better or worse, I'm a realist.

Or as my dad used to say, "I'm not giving you hell, I'm telling you the truth and you think it's hell.

prough91
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Thank you Carl Peterson, as prough91 stated it is voicing frustration and there is no doubting the reason that the Jets let Herm go for a fourth round pick. I understand and can appreciate your loyalty to the team, and even your frustration with many of us, but I haven't read too many post replies bashing many of the players with the notable exception of the offensive line, but to call someone out and say they are not a fan for voicing frustration is, in my opinion, an uninformed statement. Look at any Jets site from two to three years ago and I guarantee you will see much the same things being said about Herm Edwards there, and it isn't because they are "so-called" fans. Anytime a team is on track to go 4-12 there are not going to be a whole lot of positives that come from it; part of that is an influx of fan frustration. I wouldn't suggest that any Chiefs fan here turn to being a Raiders fan.

I've never seen too many posts calling a particular player on the O line out either. It's not their fault I don't think. Actually, some of them could probably suffice if they were surrounded by better players. I doubt Waters play has dropped off that drastically, he's just hindered by a poor supporting cast.

Guru
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Let's see... What has Herm's record been every single year? I don't remember him ever finishing better than 10-6 since he has been a head coach.

Hayvern
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I will bite because I fall in this category.

When you see stupid play calling like calling a timeout and then challenging the play. Like running for the first play of the game in every game this season. One has to start calling into question the coach.

I wanted to give Edwards the benefit of the doubt when he came on board, but frankly a regular season winning record of 52-56 is NOT good enough for my favorite team. If you want to stand up and support mediocrity at best, or stupidity at the worse, then go for it. That is what is great about this forum but please, do not feel that because we are unhappy with those running the team that we hate the team itself.

luv
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM

When you see stupid play calling like calling a timeout and then challenging the play. Like running for the first play of the game in every game this season. One has to start calling into question the coach.

I wanted to give Edwards the benefit of the doubt when he came on board, but frankly a regular season winning record of 52-56 is NOT good enough for my favorite team. If you want to stand up and support mediocrity at best, or stupidity at the worse, then go for it. That is what is great about this forum but please, do not feel that because we are unhappy with those running the team that we hate the team itself.
Awesome post.

chief31
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Nice. I like the way you "call-out" one of the more "homerfied" members as being less of a fan than yourself.

I submit the concept that every regular member here is a better fan than you. Because we are here talking about the Chiefs every single day, whereas you are too fragile to take the complaints about the team.

Meanwhile, we have a few female members who have never played football, would you like to explain to each of them that since they didn't play, they know nothing?

I played plenty of football myself, and have done plenty of coaching, and am always involved with the game locally. I have two sons playing JFL, and a daughter who is cheerleading.

As far as the concept that losing is contagious, it is. I assume that you don't watch or participate in alot of sports, otherwise that would be obvious to you.

Not only is losing contagious, but opponents get used to smacking you around, and come into each game against you with a full barrell of confidence. (See Chiefs versus Raiders, of the most recent several years.)

You read a couple of post, then start "calling-out" people, as if they know nothing about football. You don't know these people at all.

Oh, so you read a couple of posts that "rubbed you the wrong way". Get used to that. Because as soft as you have made yourself appear, I envision any form of independant thought is going to hurt your little feelings.

There, you called everyone out, and everyone is responding. Hope to hear from you soon. Or, are you gonna just read, cry, and pull your own hair like you were appearently doing up to this point?

prough91
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Nice. I like the way you "call-out" one of the more "homerfied" members as being less of a fan than yourself.

I submit the concept that every regular member here is a better fan than you. Because we are here talking about the Chiefs every single day, whereas you are too fragile to take the complaints about the team.

Meanwhile, we have a few female members who have never played football, would you like to explain to each of them that since they didn't play, they know nothing?

I played plenty of football myself, and have done plenty of coaching, and am always involved with the game locally. I have two sons playing JFL, and a daughter who is cheerleading.

As far as the concept that losing is contagious, it is. I assume that you don't watch or participate in alot of sports, otherwise that would be obvious to you.

Not only is losing contagious, but opponents get used to smacking you around, and come into each game against you with a full barrell of confidence. (See Chiefs versus Raiders, of the most recent several years.)

You read a couple of post, then start "calling-out" people, as if they know nothing about football. You don't know these people at all.

Oh, so you read a couple of posts that "rubbed you the wrong way". Get used to that. Because as soft as you have made yourself appear, I envision any form of independant thought is going to hurt your little feelings.

There, you called everyone out, and everyone is responding. Hope to hear from you soon. Or, are you gonna just read, cry, and pull your own hair like you were appearently doing up to this point?

My school didn't even offer football does that mean I can't be a fan? Nice post, rep added.

:beer:

stlchief
12-13-2007, 12:43 AM
I think we can stop now. I believe he is gone....

prough91
12-13-2007, 12:50 AM
I think we can stop now. I believe he is gone....

You can never be too sure, he had 13 posts.

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Nope, I'm back. Had to work today and just got home.

Hermhater as i read your post its clear you dont know anything about football. Comparing the two coaches as i did i looked at both of there records pretty interesting here. Edwards is still in his 7th season so i only counted games up until the 6th year Edwards 48 wins, Vermeil 52. Its funny because as such a great coach that cry baby was he retired with a 52% winning percentage. And didnt win one playoff game with the chiefs. And what is your biggest knock on the Edwards?? it took vermeil 23 years of coaching in the NFl to win a superbowl. Edwards only been coaching the chiefs for 2!!! And in the league for almost 7

About your draft statement and im pretty sure will shields wasnt retired yet so they didnt draft lineman except taylor in the sixth. But because you say he did nothing heres some more facts for you.. and let me say that i personally think it was a good draft with the exception being medlock. 1. Dewayne Bowe 2. Turk Mcbride 3. Tank 4. no pick 5. Kolby Smith hmmm wonder how that one turned out?? 6. Herb Taylor 7. Allan Now do you really think that was a busted draft??? Please tell me, Because if they didnt draft Bowe with the first pick everyone would have been in uproar again about not having a wr threat and he's awesome. Two young DT's, i think they have a great future. Smith, well i've watched him play the past few weeks and he damn good. Taylor and Allan we'll see in the near future with them.

So, you played football in high school?? Left bench?? or waterboy?? And why would i want them to throw in the towel and lose the rest of their games??? :sign0153:

As for Nigerian how impressive was Mike Tomlins resume when pittsburgh hired him??? He had absolutely no head coaching experience at all and didnt even play in the league....They took a gamble and he inherited a good team.. Herm inherited a team in transition that needs to get young fast. Geez people on here, so maybe you should check yourself and actually think before you speak

As for the jets I dont really know the whole situation but out of the 5 years he coached there 3 were winning seasons...

As for the losing stigma or theory or whatever you guys want to call it.. My high school had a bad football team until my junior year when my class made the jump to varsity. My school was 0-32 and were one or two i cant remember from setting the ny state record for consecutive losses and you know what, practicing with the varsity from 9th grade i never thought those guys were losers or wanted to lose or made it a habit but i watched them lose every game for two years and watched them bust their butt in practice to try and win. So dont sit here and tell me how its contagious.. My very first game on varsity we WON!!! You ever hear of something called "more talent"

As for "rubbing people the wrong way" maybe you're offended because you doubt your "fanhood" im very secure about my life and myself and my team how about you???

Anyways bring on the replies

chief31
12-13-2007, 02:08 AM
it took vermeil 23 years of coaching in the NFl to win a superbowl. Edwards only been coaching the chiefs for 2!!! And in the league for almost 7

It was ten years. He got his team to the Super Bowl, for his first time, in his fifth year. He spent seven years with the Eagles, then got the Rams there in his third season with them. That is ten seasons. Who doesn't know what they are talking about?

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 02:17 AM
it was 23 years with the gap of not coaching for 15 of them from 82-97.

chief31
12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
As for the losing stigma or theory or whatever you guys want to call it.. My high school had a bad football team until my junior year when my class made the jump to varsity. My school was 0-32 and were one or two i cant remember from setting the ny state record for consecutive losses and you know what, practicing with the varsity from 9th grade i never thought those guys were losers or wanted to lose or made it a habit but i watched them lose every game for two years and watched them bust their butt in practice to try and win. So dont sit here and tell me how its contagious.. My very first game on varsity we WON!!! You ever hear of something called "more talent"

As for "rubbing people the wrong way" maybe you're offended because you doubt your "fanhood" im very secure about my life and myself and my team how about you???

So, you didn't believe them to be losers... And yet they just kept losing............DUHHH!!! The team got used to losing. They were expected to lose. Other teams expected to beat them. That is what I would call a trend, even a habit. You brought a perfect example of how losing becomes a habit, then tell me that it isn't contagious?

How about the Cleveland Browns? Were they so short on talent in recent years? How did they get so good now? Same talent, for the most part. It is a losing atmosphere.

And yes, I will sit here and tell you whatever the he77 I feel like telling you.

chief31
12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah.... That's ten years of coaching.

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 02:22 AM
The point of the story was if "losing" as you say is a habit why didnt we lose?? especially considering we snapped the streak on our very first varsity game even with upperclassmen who had lost for 3 or 4 years in a row actually we had winning records during my varsity career. People who are losers in life and on the field dont care about winning or losing these guys did. They wanted to win they were in the weight room. Running and going to football camps

Guru
12-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Vermeils coaching resume
1969-1973 Los Angeles Rams
1976-1982 Philadelphia Eagles
1997-1999 St. Louis Rams
2001-2005 Kansas City Chiefs

He was a coach in the NFL for 20 years.

Career record is 126-114-0 (including Postseason)

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 02:30 AM
better yet here you go

1976 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1976.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1976.htm) | 4 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 1977 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1977.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1977.htm) | 5 9 0 | 0 0 |
| 1978 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1978.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1978.htm) | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 1979 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1979.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1979.htm) | 11 5 0 | 1 1 |
| 1980 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1980.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1980.htm) | 12 4 0 | 2 1 |
| 1981 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1981.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1981.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
| 1982 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1982.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1982.htm) | 3 6 0 | 0 0 |
| 1997 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1997.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1997.htm) | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |
| 1998 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1998.htm) | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
| 1999 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1999.htm) | 13 3 0 | 3 0 |
| 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2001.htm) | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2002.htm) | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |
| 2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2003.htm) | 13 3 0 | 0 1 |
| 2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2004.htm) | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |
| 2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2005.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 0 |
+----------+--------------+----------+
| TOTALS | 120 109 0 | 6 5 |

Herm:

Year TM | W L T | W L |
| 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2001.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2002.htm) | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |
| 2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2003.htm) | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2004.htm) | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
| 2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2005.htm) | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
| 2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2006.htm) | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2007.htm) | 4 9 0 | 0 0 |
| TOTALS | 52 57 0 | 2 4 |

chief31
12-13-2007, 02:54 AM
The point of the story was if "losing" as you say is a habit why didnt we lose?? especially considering we snapped the streak on our very first varsity game even with upperclassmen who had lost for 3 or 4 years in a row actually we had winning records during my varsity career. People who are losers in life and on the field dont care about winning or losing these guys did. They wanted to win they were in the weight room. Running and going to football camps

Noone ever said that it was impossible to overcome a trend of losing. If that were the case, then we would just eliminate every team that ever lost three or four games in a row. But when you dig yourself a hole, it can be very difficult to climb out. It's about confidence. If you are on the team that has been losing for a long time, then there is a subtle lack in confidence, combined with the higher level of confidence that each opponent has, knowing that your team hasn't been able to win.

You know this as well as anyone, but opened your mouth and mis-spoke, now you are just trying to defend yourself by standing the ground you took, knowing that it is an island.

The entire basis for bringing that up, was as reason not to root for losses. If you would have read the context of peoples posts, instead of just a few random posts, you would already know that.

But you came on here challenging peoples posts, without knowing what they were about.

Vermeils coaching resume
1969-1973 Los Angeles Rams
1976-1982 Philadelphia Eagles
1997-1999 St. Louis Rams
2001-2005 Kansas City Chiefs

He was a coach in the NFL for 20 years.

Career record is 126-114-0 (including Postseason)

The first stint with the Rams was as an assistant, right?

prough91
12-13-2007, 03:05 AM

Hermhater as i read your post its clear you dont know anything about football. Comparing the two coaches as i did i looked at both of there records pretty interesting here. Edwards is still in his 7th season so i only counted games up until the 6th year Edwards 48 wins, Vermeil 52. Its funny because as such a great coach that cry baby was he retired with a 52% winning percentage. And didnt win one playoff game with the chiefs. And what is your biggest knock on the Edwards?? it took vermeil 23 years of coaching in the NFl to win a superbowl. Edwards only been coaching the chiefs for 2!!! And in the league for almost 7

About your draft statement and im pretty sure will shields wasnt retired yet so they didnt draft lineman except taylor in the sixth. But because you say he did nothing heres some more facts for you.. and let me say that i personally think it was a good draft with the exception being medlock. 1. Dewayne Bowe 2. Turk Mcbride 3. Tank 4. no pick 5. Kolby Smith hmmm wonder how that one turned out?? 6. Herb Taylor 7. Allan Now do you really think that was a busted draft??? Please tell me, Because if they didnt draft Bowe with the first pick everyone would have been in uproar again about not having a wr threat and he's awesome. Two young DT's, i think they have a great future. Smith, well i've watched him play the past few weeks and he damn good. Taylor and Allan we'll see in the near future with them.

So, you played football in high school?? Left bench?? or waterboy?? And why would i want them to throw in the towel and lose the rest of their games??? :sign0153:

As for Nigerian how impressive was Mike Tomlins resume when pittsburgh hired him??? He had absolutely no head coaching experience at all and didnt even play in the league....They took a gamble and he inherited a good team.. Herm inherited a team in transition that needs to get young fast. Geez people on here, so maybe you should check yourself and actually think before you speak

As for the jets I dont really know the whole situation but out of the 5 years he coached there 3 were winning seasons...

You got to play football to be a fan? That's ridiculous. You're the one coming on here whining and crying because people are frustrated because their team isn't going in the right direction. Are you sure that you're not timsatt in disguise?

Guru
12-13-2007, 03:06 AM

Yeah, after looking at it again, he must have been. Don't know why Wiki listed him as such.

Hell, he served under 3 different head coaches during his stint with the LA Rams.

George Allen
Tommy Prothro
Chuck Knox

prough91
12-13-2007, 03:06 AM
better yet here you go

1976 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1976.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1976.htm) | 4 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 1977 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1977.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1977.htm) | 5 9 0 | 0 0 |
| 1978 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1978.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1978.htm) | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 1979 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1979.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1979.htm) | 11 5 0 | 1 1 |
| 1980 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1980.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1980.htm) | 12 4 0 | 2 1 |
| 1981 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1981.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1981.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
| 1982 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1982.htm) phi (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi1982.htm) | 3 6 0 | 0 0 |
| 1997 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1997.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1997.htm) | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |
| 1998 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1998.htm) | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
| 1999 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1999.htm) | 13 3 0 | 3 0 |
| 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2001.htm) | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2002.htm) | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |
| 2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2003.htm) | 13 3 0 | 0 1 |
| 2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2004.htm) | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |
| 2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2005.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 0 |

Herm:

Year TM | W L T | W L |
| 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2001.htm) | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2002.htm) | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |
| 2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2003.htm) | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2004.htm) | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
| 2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005.htm) nyj (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj2005.htm) | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
| 2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2006.htm) | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2007.htm) | 4 9 0 | 0 0 |

Are you trying to make a point for Herm showing those records?

Hayvern
12-13-2007, 03:07 AM

Actually the first time through was as head coach.

Additionally, if you really want to get down to it. Vermiel was named coach of the year at all four levels of football, high school, jr. college, NCAA and the pros.

He took UCLA to a conference championship as well.

While not the greatest coach around, he is a much better coach that Edwards. Edwards is not the worse coach in the league however, I just think he needed more time behind good coaches, perhaps as a coordinator or a college level head coach before coming to the pros.

chief31
12-13-2007, 03:13 AM
better yet here you go

Herm:

Year TM | W L T | W L |

If you look, you can easily tell from these stats, aside from just knowing it, that Vermiel went to teams that had been doing pretty poorly, only to get them pointed in the right direction.

Whereas Herm appears to be joining teams that are capable, and leading them in the other direction.

Actually the first time through was as head coach.

Additionally, if you really want to get down to it. Vermiel was named coach of the year at all four levels of football, high school, jr. college, NCAA and the pros.

He took UCLA to a conference championship as well.

While not the greatest coach around, he is a much better coach that Edwards. Edwards is not the worse coach in the league however, I just think he needed more time behind good coaches, perhaps as a coordinator or a college level head coach before coming to the pros.

I don't hate Herm Edwards. I actually like him, for the most part. I just take exception with his disregard for the offensive line in his career as a head coach. Other than that, and some minor issues that I would have with almost anyone coaching my Chiefs, I like Herm.

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 03:31 AM
with the stats i just wanted to show how it takes time to build something good and how every year wasnt a great year. And we live in a "want it now" society but life doesnt work out like that. Everybody is entitled to there own opinion and i sure as hell voiced mine, but when im passionate about something i dont like people trying to bash it or put it down. And i just couldnt figure out why in the world there are people that say they love the same team as me and are so quick to bash them and talk down on them. It blows my mind, but i dont think like them (thank god) and to each there own. I was hoping this place was going to be a sanctuary considering i live in western ny and get tired of hearing about the bills. So if i offended any of you, oh well. Dont talk bad about my chiefs!!!

hermhater
12-13-2007, 03:54 AM

You asked me if I had ever played a sport before, I answered your question, dude.

I played football in high school, so why does that make you angry?

Also it would be easier to read your post if you used the Enter key a bit more often.

My biggest issue with Herm, by the way, is his complete lack of focus on the offense.

Chill dude.

chief31
12-13-2007, 03:54 AM
with the stats i just wanted to show how it takes time to build something good and how every year wasnt a great year. And we live in a "want it now" society but life doesnt work out like that. Everybody is entitled to there own opinion and i sure as hell voiced mine, but when im passionate about something i dont like people trying to bash it or put it down. And i just couldnt figure out why in the world there are people that say they love the same team as me and are so quick to bash them and talk down on them. It blows my mind, but i dont think like them (thank god) and to each there own. I was hoping this place was going to be a sanctuary considering i live in western ny and get tired of hearing about the bills. So if i offended any of you, oh well. Dont talk bad about my chiefs!!!

I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. Few people challenge the loyalty of Cubs fans, because that doesn't make sense. And I have never met a Cubs fan who didn't complain about the Cubs. That's just how it is. When your team is losing, fans start to complain. I'm not sure how some people don't get that.

When you start a season with high hopes, as many Chiefs fans did, then you tend to get angry when the team dissapoints you. (Obviously, in general.)

You are quite welcome here. But hoa about if you try to put yourself in others' shoes for a second.

You said... "when im passionate about something i dont like people trying to bash it or put it down." Well, many of us are passionate about our opinions. Rather you want to view them as Chiefs-bashing, or, as they are intended, as constructive criticism, people are passionate about their opinions.

So, when you come on here bashing peoples opinions, you can expect some flack.

Each of us is here, because we love our Chiefs. But many of us get upset with some of the things that they do. If you can't handle that, then I guess This isn't the place for you. But, as I said, you are still welcome here, if you choose to be.

hermhater
12-13-2007, 04:05 AM

I don't see any reason for it not to be a sanctuary for Chiefs fans.

I don't constantly bash the team.

As far as I am concerned Herm is not part of the team, he is the enemy.

Why did you decide to pick on me man?

There are much worse criticizers of the Chiefs on this site.

I friggin' love the Chiefs, just can't stand Herm.

chief31
12-13-2007, 04:31 AM
I don't see any reason for it not to be a sanctuary for Chiefs fans.

I don't constantly bash the team.

As far as I am concerned Herm is not part of the team, he is the enemy.

Why did you decide to pick on me man?

There are much worse criticizers of the Chiefs on this site.

I friggin' love the Chiefs, just can't stand Herm.

I think that if you don't love them his way, then he decides that you hate them.

Guru
12-13-2007, 04:41 AM
I think that if you don't love them his way, then he decides that you hate them.
He wants to rule the world.

Oops. Wrong thread.

hermhater
12-13-2007, 04:45 AM

Just so everyone knows...

I love the Chiefs, just can't stand this guy...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

:mob:

Guru
12-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Herm will not get us to better than 10-6. That is a fact.

hermhater
12-13-2007, 04:58 AM

Herm will not get us to better than 10-6. That is a fact.

Two years ago 10-6 wasn't even good enough to get in the playoffs...

And this is what we have settled for?

Sigh...

garciakcfan
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
HermHater, I singled you out because as I was reading threads you name kept popping up and it seemed what I was reading was negative stuff. Maybe I did get a little carried away but I was pretty mad and had to vent.. I understand you dont like edwards, and I respect that. Its been a crappy year and I hate the fact that the BILLS have a better record. I guess thats the best part of being a fan is the love/hate relationship and the choice to complain about "your" team" so I do apologize for stirring up anything. BEERS ON ME!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
HermHater, I singled you out because as I was reading threads you name kept popping up and it seemed what I was reading was negative stuff. Maybe I did get a little carried away but I was pretty mad and had to vent.. I understand you dont like edwards, and I respect that. Its been a crappy year and I hate the fact that the team we will not mention have a better record. I guess thats the best part of being a fan is the love/hate relationship and the choice to complain about "your" team" so I do apologize for stirring up anything. BEERS ON ME!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

and they have only beaten sub 500 teams (jets, dolphins, ravens, bungals) They suck, theu just haven't realized it yet.

hermhater
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
HermHater, I singled you out because as I was reading threads you name kept popping up and it seemed what I was reading was negative stuff. Maybe I did get a little carried away but I was pretty mad and had to vent.. I understand you dont like edwards, and I respect that. Its been a crappy year and I hate the fact that the BILLS have a better record. I guess thats the best part of being a fan is the love/hate relationship and the choice to complain about "your" team" so I do apologize for stirring up anything. BEERS ON ME!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

It's cool man!

Thanks for the beer!

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM

I don't get you, do you think before you speak. Your comparison of Mike Tomlin to Herm is apples and oranges. 7 years in the league and nothing to show for it, nothing, besides getting run out of New York. If this was a team in transition, hire a coach who has proven he can do it, or give it to a young promising coach that has studied under other good coaches and see what he can do. I was against Herm's hiring in the first place and so far Herm has done nothing to prove he can do the task at hand. You obviously know more about Herm than any of us here, tell us what we can expect from this team in the next few years, Mr. all knowing football God!!!!!

for ever red
12-13-2007, 04:50 PM
This is what a 4-9 record will do, everone is down.I have been reading, here and there and everwhere and many people are saying the same thing Herm should get at least one or two more years,the people before him are to blame for most of the mess we now have. right or wrong I will be here next year and the next and the next cause this is my team.

Chiefster
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
This is what a 4-9 record will do, everone is down.I have been reading, here and there and everwhere and many people are saying the same thing Herm should get at least one or two more years,the people before him are to blame for most of the mess we now have. right or wrong I will be here next year and the next and the next cause this is my team.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Chiefster
12-13-2007, 05:07 PM

What about Diet Coke???

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
THIS PART FROM GARCIA KCFAN

THIS WAS MY REBUTTAL TO GARCIA
I don't get you, do you think before you speak. Your comparison of Mike Tomlin to Herm is apples and oranges. 7 years in the league and nothing to show for it, nothing, besides getting run out of New York. If this was a team in transition, hire a coach who has proven he can do it, or give it to a young promising coach that has studied under other good coaches and see what he can do. I was against Herm's hiring in the first place and so far Herm has done nothing to prove he can do the task at hand. You obviously know more about Herm than any of us here, tell us what we can expect from this team in the next few years, Mr. all knowing football God!!!!!

GOT DISCONNECTED-SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION
GARCIAKCFAN RULES!!!!!

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM

A couple last thoughts for GARCIAKCFAN. We had two hall of fame linemen retire into 2 seasons. Both of whom called the press first to announce their retirement instead of the coach, what does that say about Herm????

Guru
12-13-2007, 08:24 PM

I would take a no name coach with not much history in the league over Herm too. I want sweeping change. That would be a bold start.

KC2CHI
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
I was in Bed Bath & Beyond this weekend when I happened upon a Chiefs fleece that I HAD TO HAVE. I'm short, so I needed someone to get it down for me. A sales guy got it down for me, laughed and asked if I was a Chiefs fan...to which I replied, "damn right and proud of it". His response was well the one thing you can say about the Chiefs is that that have some die hard loyal fans (this was coming from a Bears fan).

We don't need a Bears fans to let us know that we are loyal to the Chiefs, but does that loyalty mean that we can't voice our frustration over the Chiefs and their organization? NO! Will I continue to root for the Chiefs? You better f'ing believe it...I LOVE THEM. But right now I am pissed, I am sick of losing and having our team be the laughing stock!

IlovetheChiefs
12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Your in an area like me where the fans can't laugh cuz their own team is doing bad this year. For me it's the 5-8 (soon to be 5-9 after they lose at Dallas) Eagles. And for you it's the 5-8 (soon to be 5-9 after they lose at Minnesota) Bears. Boy what a downward spiral for the Bears after making the Super Bowl last year. Where did that good defense of the last 2 years go?

GO CHIEFS!

And go Texans tonight! 10-3 over Denver right now. Beat those dumb Donks!

Edit: Well, they just made it 10-6. But Donks still trailing!

Hayvern
12-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Well as much as I dislike Edwards, I am fully prepared to have to withstand him at least one more season.

I was reading a history about what went down when the Chiefs got him. Its up on Wikipedia, and if it is true, then we are in for a long ride with Edwards, almost to the point of us having to get rid of Carl Peterson to get rid of Herm.

While I am not as down hard on Peterson, if it means the only way to get rid of Edwards is to also get rid of King Carl? Then where is that petition?

IlovetheChiefs
12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Donks losing 17-6 yay! Beat those dumb Donks and dumb Shanahan!

chief31
12-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Water under the bridge. Although, you might still get some negative responses from some for a little while. Delayed reaction and all.

I think that there are two primary contributors to our current plight. One is the fact that we kind of sold out our future, for a better shot at a Super Bowl with DV, before he retired. That meant staying old, and stretching it out, without proper team-building steps.

Also, the fact that Roaf and Shields both retired in consecutive seasons, without any real attempt to fill their respective voids.

But, I am certain that we are going to see a serious effort to replace those guys with young talent, this year. It may still take a season for the new O-line unit to "gel", but I remain hopeful that we will be a vastly improved offense next year, and even a respectable unit the following year.:D

IlovetheChiefs
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
HA HA! Texans touchdown and it's now 24-13 in the 4th quarter. Dumb Denver Donks defense can't stop the Texans from scoring, ha!

for ever red
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Like I had said, from what i have read and the way we are playing I am reading alot it is just not all his fault. Now in two years if we are still like this I will come to KC and call for his replacement with the rest of you

for ever red
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Texan fan to night. DUMM Donkeys

IlovetheChiefs
12-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Texan fan to night. DUMM Donkeys

Yeah baby! 31-13! The Texans just put the Donks away with yet another touchdown drive. The Donks are gettin' mopped up! :yahoo:

Suck it Shanahan!

for ever red
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Denver dont look unstopable tonight..hahaha

stlchief
12-14-2007, 12:17 AM
It's a small consolation, but it's still a consolation.

(The Chiefs & Donkeys have made the Texans look great. sigh....)

hermhater
12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
I order the friggin' NFL network, and now Comcast is having technical difficulties so I missed the game.

Glad the Donks got showed up though.

chief31
12-14-2007, 02:34 AM
I order the friggin' NFL network, and now Comcast is having technical difficulties so I missed the game.

Glad the Donks got showed up though.

You could have watched it on your PC. It was broadcast on NFL.com. At least that's what it says.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 03:02 AM
You could have watched it on your PC. It was broadcast on NFL.com. At least that's what it says.

Comcast sucks...

...and that's all I've got to say about that.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/48.jpg

Guru
12-14-2007, 03:03 AM

Only Live look ins and highlights as they talk about the game as it it going on. You don't really get to watch the game.

chief31
12-14-2007, 03:05 AM
Only Live look ins and highlights as they talk about the game as it it going on. You don't really get to watch the game.

Really? I watched the fourth quarter of the Cowboys/Packers game at work, a couple of weeks ago, but haven't used it since.

Guru
12-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Really? I watched the fourth quarter of the Cowboys/Packers game at work, a couple of weeks ago, but haven't used it since.

Yeah, I tried to watch that game in the first quarter and they went away from the game many times to "talk" about it. I turned it off it got so annoying.

Maybe they aired the whole 4th qtr but definitely not the first.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I tried to watch that game in the first quarter and they went away from the game many times to "talk" about it. I turned it off it got so annoying.

Maybe they aired the whole 4th qtr but definitely not the first.

How does this help me with my Comcast situation?

Their customer service center closes at bizarre hours, and they don't give you any discount if you miss the programs that you pay for.

Guru
12-14-2007, 03:52 AM

Their customer service center closes at bizarre hours, and they don't give you any discount if you miss the programs that you pay for.
It happens. That's life. Get over it.:D

hermhater
12-14-2007, 03:57 AM

Meh.

chief31
12-14-2007, 05:21 AM

Ya have to love the way all of the rules are setup against the individual. If the government, or any billion-dollar business has an issue with an individual, regarding money, they get to charge for interest and/or late fees. But, if the big business/government owes you, then you will be lucky to get what they owe you.

If you "screw-over" a billion-dollar business, they report you to a credit bureau, which ruins your ability to get almost anything, regardless of why you did it.

But, if the billion-dollar business "screws you over", then what? Oh, report them to the BBB? Along with the hundreds, thousands, even millions of complaints that they might already have against them, for which noone cares.

hermhater
12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Well I went and got a new cable box today, and now my NFL network is working just fine...

About 20 hours too friggin' late to watch the Donks get smashed by the Texans though.

Comcast sucks man.

anaeelbackwards
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Well I went and got a new cable box today, and now my NFL network is working just fine...

About 20 hours too friggin' late to watch the Donks get smashed by the Texans though.

Comcast sucks man.

dude comcast does suck.....

but hey hooray for the donks stinkin it up against the texans...

how many sacks in that game?

Chiefster
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Thank you Herm Edwards. :lol:

Coach
12-14-2007, 11:15 PM

I have wondered this all season. What were they thinking? I think the loss of Tony Richardson was almost as big as losing Roaf.

Great post.

Absolutely. I will be here too. Hopefully we will be doing a little more celebrating in the future.

hermhater
12-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Comcast sucks man.

dude comcast does suck.....

but hey hooray for the donks stinkin it up against the texans...

how many sacks in that game?

And now my NFL network is not working at all!

As well as 110 other channels I'm supposed to have, and my new cable box doesn't even have a clock on it???

WTF is going on Comcast???

I am so pissed off right now I can hardly see straight. Of the few channels I get right now MTV Cribs is the only thing even remotely worth watching.

And I have seen them all before.

Crap.

hermhater
12-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, I agree Coach, what the hell was Herm thinking using Wilson as a full back for so friggin' long anyway?

greg3564
12-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I have wondered this all season. What were they thinking? I think the loss of Tony Richardson was almost as big as losing Roaf.

Boomer Grigsby has great potential to be a great FB. But the coaches need to play him consistently and also decide on one FB. Either Wilson or Grigsby. I've heard of RB by committee, but not FB.

greg3564
12-15-2007, 12:18 AM

As well as 110 other channels I'm supposed to have, and my new cable box doesn't even have a clock on it???

I am so pissed off right now I can hardly see straight. Of the few channels I get right now MTV Cribs is the only thing even remotely worth watching.

Crap.

Prime example of why I haven't had cable in 10 years. Well, that and Sunday Ticket on Directv. :D Thank God for Sunday Ticket or all I'd ever get to watch is Cowboys football. Of that were the case, life wouldn't be worth living!:lol:

hermhater
12-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I can agree there, man, but our apartment faces another building to the south and I don't think we can get DirecTV...

I would do anything to get rid of Comcast!

greg3564
12-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I can agree there, man, but our apartment faces another building to the south and I don't think we can get DirecTV...

Bummer!

prough91
12-15-2007, 03:02 AM

Crap.

Get sattelite man.

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 04:09 AM

TimSatt1 would likely suggest that if you worked harder, didn't do drugs and drink, and have premarital sex you'd have more money and own a house...then you could have sattelite...

HAHA...I'm just kidding all...:lol: :lol:

prough91
12-15-2007, 04:11 AM
TimSatt1 would likely suggest that if you worked harder, didn't do drugs and drink, and have premarital sex you'd have more money and own a house...then you could have sattelite...

HAHA...I'm just kidding all...:lol: :lol:

I think it's because your dad ****ed so many whoary women and had to spend all his money on child support. That's why you don't have a laptop.

chief31
12-15-2007, 04:15 AM
I think it's because your dad ****ed so many whoary women and had to spend all his money on child support. That's why you don't have a laptop.

Now don't go getting yourself in trouble.:D

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 04:17 AM

Back in the saddle...just remember if you're going through the kitchen it can get a little "hot".

Welcome back again...

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 04:17 AM

dont talk bad about rbedgood's dad just because he was a pimp.

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Get sattelite man.

Satellites are not good in inclement weather, or so I've heard.

timsatt1
12-15-2007, 04:22 AM

i use to have satellite and never had a problem with weather. had it for almost 2 years.

prough91
12-15-2007, 04:23 AM

To be honest, the only time I ever lost sattelite was during a very light rain. Wierd, I know.

chief31
12-15-2007, 04:38 AM

I have had just as much trouble with Insights cable service, in bad weather, as I had with satellite last year. That is beside the regular cable problems.

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 04:48 AM
I have had just as much trouble with Insights cable service, in bad weather, as I had with satellite last year. That is beside the regular cable problems.

No kidding. As much as I dislike Cox the cable here has been pretty reliable in most bad weather.

hermhater
12-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Cable companies are bloated and cannot handle quality control, or customer service.

And they have monopolies.

Nice.

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Cable companies are bloated and cannot handle quality control, or customer service.

And they have monopolies.

Nice.

You mean like...

rbedgood
12-15-2007, 06:32 AM
dont talk bad about rbedgood's dad just because he was a pimp.

Don't worry...

a) I have a laptop
b) My dad's pimp status is unquestioned

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Don't worry...

a) I have a laptop
b) My dad's pimp status is unquestioned

:lol::lol::lol:

sling58
12-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm not touchin this one

I am with Canada on this one. Love the Chiefs hate the season.

Canada
12-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Satellite rules....cable suck ***. That is how it is in Canada.

greg3564
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Only time I ever have a problem is when there is a thunderstorm overhead. That may only happen 2 or 3 times per year.

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Only time I ever have a problem is when there is a thunderstorm overhead. That may only happen 2 or 3 times per year.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 05:55 AM

Nice for you, but where you live you can turn in any direction and the satellite dish faces south...:lol:

hermhater
12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Nice for you, but where you live you can turn in any direction and the satellite dish faces south...:lol:

I just gave you rep for that, but didn't finish because my hangnail hit the Enter key twice!

Guru
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM

Ok, that just read wrong for me.
http://underworld.fortunecity.com/jedi/434/anal.probe.jpg

hermhater
12-19-2007, 06:06 AM
That's just how it is in Canada, man...

Canada
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
that is

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Heh! :lol:

hermhater
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/205.jpg

Helped you out there Guru!

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Helped you out there Guru!

YouTube - Fletch - Chevy Chase - 2

hermhater
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
YouTube - Fletch - Chevy Chase - 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUxWFa63POk)

MOOOOON RIVER!!!

:bananen_smilies083:

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
MOOOOON RIVER!!!

:bananen_smilies083:

You usin the whole fist there doc???

chief31
01-15-2008, 07:12 AM
better yet here you go

| 1999 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999.htm) stl (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram1999.htm) | 13 3 0 | 3 0 |(This team, that Vermiel built, continued to be atop the NFL, a couple years after D.V. left, but it was clearly a team that he built.)

| 2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002.htm) kan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan2002.htm) |8 8 0 | 0 0 |

Herm:

Year TM | W L T | W L |

Vermiel took over teams that were 4-10, 5-11, and 6-10. He took each of these teams, in four years or less, to a better record than any of Herms seven teams.

Notice the upward trend that each tenure of Vermiel takes? They all go upward, for the most part. Now notice the trends of Herms two tenures. (Granted, he still has a chance to redeem himself) but, so far, it appears that Herm starts with a pretty good team, then manages to start finding the coveted high draft position.

In the twelve seasons that Vermiel was coaching the same team that he coached the previous season, eight of those seasons made improvements over the previous season. Only four declined.

In the five seasons that Herm was coaching the same team that he coached the previous season, four have declined, with only one, single improved season.

*The red numbers indicate the years that broke against the mentioned trends.

Chiefster
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
This thread is still alive and kicking?

I don't know a team site anywhere that has a whole lot of positives to say about a team that goes 4-12.

Lazeye
01-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow this thread blew up, I am just now seeing it for the 1st time. I had the same feelings as the author of this post for about one week. Being positive is one thing that I am till the clock reads 00:00 and get pissed if someone is not, that is why I watch the game alone.
One thing I have come to learn in life is to fix a problem first you must face it and admit it. This site offers alot of good talk on what can be fixed and needs fixed. The problem is there is no nice way to talk about it (so the author needs to get over it) I just about never came back to this site but have come to love this place. And let me tell you author that it is called frustration more than anything. That is sad that you want a chief fan to become a radier fan for any reason.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Plus Herm is a moron that embarrasses his team and their fans every time he opens his mouth.

He has a degree in criminal justice, why doesn't he leave football and go bust pimps and ho's...

Chiefster
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Plus Herm is a moron that embarrasses his team and their fans every time he opens his mouth.

He has a degree in criminal justice, why doesn't he leave football and go bust pimps and ho's...

Why? They would be his clients.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Why? They would be his clients.

Nah, Herm is to morally incorruptible.

Too bad scruples don't win football games...

Canada
01-15-2008, 08:17 PM

He tried that, but kept running on every first down and eventually the criminals figured him out!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
He tried that, but kept running on every first down and eventually the criminals figured him out!! :bananen_smilies046: