PDA

View Full Version : the RIGHT direction

chiefs27
02-14-2007, 07:09 PM
mr edwards made the playoffs in year #1. y r u complaining so much. give me a break. tamba hali was a great pick in the draft as was bernard pollard. the chiefs r heading upward. carl isnt trying to disappoint us year aftr year. he just cant win on the road. thats why he hired edwrds - herm had a great road record in ny.
if u disagree with me feel free to post but i may or may not reply for a while because i dont get on very often. but my goodnes give mr. edwards a year or two more. we may need Divine Intervention to get to the playoffs evry year but maybe we'll get to the Super Bowl soon
so long and long live the Chiefs :-(

Chiefster
02-14-2007, 11:53 PM
chiefs27 wrote:
mr edwards made the playoffs in year #1. y r u complaining so much. give me a break. tamba hali was a great pick in the draft as was bernard pollard. the chiefs r heading upward. carl isnt trying to disappoint us year aftr year. he just cant win on the road. thats why he hired edwrds - herm had a great road record in ny.
if u disagree with me feel free to post but i may or may not reply for a while because i dont get on very often. but my goodnes give mr. edwards a year or two more. we may need Divine Intervention to get to the playoffs evry year but maybe we'll get to the Super Bowl soon
so long and long live the Chiefs :-(

Welcome aboard the "Crowd" chiefs27!

You're not Carl Peterson by chance are ya? :-P

j/k

Guru
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Herm lucked into the playoffs and I did not find his decision making abilities Head Coach worthy either. And I really hate the way he will throw his coaching staff under the bus in the public eye.

I am less than impressed with this coach.

Chiefster
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Guru wrote:
Herm lucked into the playoffs and I did not find his decision making abilities Head Coach worthy either. And I really hate the way he will throw his coaching staff under the bus in the public eye.

I am less than impressed with this coach.

Exactly, the fact that we lucked into the playoffs this year is not an indication that Herm will lead the chiefs to anywhere but another season without a shot at the Super bowl. However, the fact that we got him for a fourth round draft pick, I believe, is an indication of just how bad the Jets wanted to get rid of him for the exact same reason.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Chief27 sounds like chief68 twin, wonder if they are related? Chiefster may be on to something, could it be Carl incognito? (grin)

8-) :lol: :pint:

Guru
02-15-2007, 03:01 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Chief27 sounds like chief68 twin, wonder if they are related? Chiefster may be on to something, could it be Carl incognito? (grin)

Hey Carl, quit. Please.

Chiefster
02-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Guru wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

Hey Carl, quit. Please.

:lol: :lol:

I second that motion.

wolfpack
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
queen carl has been disappointing us in his 18th year of his 5 year plan. i guess the most disappointing thing his divine intervention in raising ticket prices year after year. it is starting to get to the point that sunday ticket is better,cheaper than paying a boat load of money,or getting a second morgage, just to take the family to see a game.

kenny1937
02-15-2007, 07:02 PM
That is what makes it so bad wolfpack, because the athletes demand and know they will get more and more money, the privilege to watch them play cost more at the gate. It use to be that a man could take his family to the ball game without breaking the budget, unless the league does something about it they will price themselves out of business. One solution is to do like other business's do, put a high-low wage on each position that will make it affordable at the gate, and cut out the perks. When I worked, I did not get a bonus to work for my employer, if they cut down on the horrible high salaries, and bring it back down to a reasonable paycheck, then it could be something that families could afford again. IMHO.

Chiefster
02-17-2007, 05:21 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
That is what makes it so bad wolfpack, because the athletes demand and know they will get more and more money, the privilege to watch them play cost more at the gate. It use to be that a man could take his family to the ball game without breaking the budget, unless the league does something about it they will price themselves out of business. One solution is to do like other business's do, put a high-low wage on each position that will make it affordable at the gate, and cut out the perks. When I worked, I did not get a bonus to work for my employer, if they cut down on the horrible high salaries, and bring it back down to a reasonable paycheck, then it could be something that families could afford again. IMHO.

Agents are also much to blame for the current condition of the NFL.

Coach
02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Agents have had the same effect on the NFL that the Unions have had on the auto companies where I'm at. Someone has to pay these inflated salaries. It's nearly impossible for a family of four to go to a football game anymore.

kenny1937
02-18-2007, 06:56 PM
If the league would get together and make each position a salary, with a starting and high end, then agents would no longer be needed, and the battle for athletes would end. At the draft people picked would slide into starting salary and those with experience would get a pay hike comensreate to their experience. Those who did not wish to play for their team at their present salary, could quit, set out the season, and come back to work with any one who would hire them at entry level pay. This would put an end to bidding wars, and all the other nonsense that plagues the game of Football.
This would bring the gate back down, give the owners a reasonable profit, and bring this form of entertainment back into the reach of the average fan. IMHO.

Chiefster
02-18-2007, 07:03 PM
If the league would get together and make each position a salary, with a starting and high end, then agents would no longer be needed, and the battle for athletes would end. At the draft people picked would slide into starting salary and those with experience would get a pay hike comensreate to their experience. Those who did not wish to play for their team at their present salary, could quit, set out the season, and come back to work with any one who would hire them at entry level pay. This would put an end to bidding wars, and all the other nonsense that plagues the game of Football.
This would bring the gate back down, give the owners a reasonable profit, and bring this form of entertainment back into the reach of the average fan. IMHO.

Agreed! Good post! :)

wolfpack
02-19-2007, 09:52 AM
this is a good idea. a set amount for each postion. then bonuses for for each postion. like so many good tackles,int`s,td`s yardage,blockes, or even keeping a team from throwing to your man. this then would keep dead beats,bell,hicks,hall,to many to name,from commanding hudge saleries and being a bust. rookie salaries need to be the same way. the only trouble is who will decide which is is a good hit,ect.

Chiefster
02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
this is a good idea. a set amount for each postion. then bonuses for for each postion. like so many good tackles,int`s,td`s yardage,blockes, or even keeping a team from throwing to your man. this then would keep dead beats,bell,hicks,hall,to many to name,from commanding hudge saleries and being a bust. rookie salaries need to be the same way. the only trouble is who will decide which is is a good hit,ect.

Oh, I'm sure someone could come up with a standard.

kenny1937
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Bonus could be payed for perfomances beyond the ordinary, ie game saving tackle, pass reception that went beyond the normal reception, in other words highlight reel stuff, all other play a player is paid to do, when I did my job well, I got a pat on the back, nothing showed up extra on the pay check. I think athletes expect more for their expected performances, and have been spoiled by an adoring public, which happens to be our fault. IMHO.

wolfpack
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
we usually go to the minicamp and try to hit 3 to 4 home games a year, but game wise probably only acouple this year. is a 5hr drive from house,we stay at my dads, and around $400 for tic`s alone. $6.00 beer,fighting the restrooms,getting up for people to get in and out,sometimes it isnt worth it. at home the beer is cheaper,food better,if i have to pee,tivo it. but noth`n beats the attmosphere. sooner or later the queen has to think the went to far for midwesterners.

kenny1937
02-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Exactly right wolfpack, I like watching the games at the stadium, but enough is enough, I have a better seat in front on my big screen tv, better refreshments, (cheaper too), as you have stated in your post, and I see no reason to pay the big bucks at tne gate plus the super expensive food and drink at the stadium. In fact, all they would have to do to make me think that I was actually at the game would be to fire the play by play announcers, who talk about everything in the world but the game, and just pipe in the crowd, and it would be better than actually being there. I know football, I don't need some moron to tell me what is going on, and the atmospere would be like being there in person, give me the noise and the game, I would be happy, and they could keep their high priced ticket and food and drink.

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Agents have had the same effect on the NFL that the Unions have had on the auto companies where I'm at. Someone has to pay these inflated salaries. It's nearly impossible for a family of four to go to a football game anymore.

I didn't see this earlier; good analogy.

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
we usually go to the minicamp and try to hit 3 to 4 home games a year, but game wise probably only acouple this year. is a 5hr drive from house,we stay at my dads, and around $400 for tic`s alone. $6.00 beer,fighting the restrooms,getting up for people to get in and out,sometimes it isnt worth it. at home the beer is cheaper,food better,if i have to pee,tivo it. but noth`n beats the attmosphere. sooner or later the queen has to think the went to far for midwesterners.

Yep; the downside will be that the owners answer to deminishing lines at the gate will be to go with pay per-view. I'll listen to the games on the radio before going with pay per-view.

kenny1937
02-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't mention pay per view because I didn't want to give them any Ideas. I will watch Barney Fife reruns with his one bullet before I pay them an inflated pay per view on TV.

wolfpack
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
i like to turn off the sound to the big screen and turn lenny and mitch on. at least they know the chiefs and are good. better than idiots like randy cross or dan dierdork.

kenny1937
02-22-2007, 12:34 AM
You got that right, wolfpack, I'll take Lenny and Mitch anyday.

wolfpack
02-22-2007, 10:40 AM
i thought grumble,or what ever his name is, that did the play-by-play for the turkeyday game was awfull.using him for the preimer of nfl network games was bad.

Chiefster
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
i thought grumble,or what ever his name is, that did the play-by-play for the turkeyday game was awfull.using him for the preimer of nfl network games was bad.

Yep; the dude had every team in the NFL "giving the ball up on downs" when it was only third down.

kenny1937
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Yep, I remember that game wolfpack, it was comical, you wondered what game he was watching. (grin)

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Yep, I remember that game wolfpack, it was comical, you wondered what game he was watching. (grin)

Eh, he was watching a chess tournament.

chief31
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
The Chiefs only appear to be heading upward. The offense is aging, and will soon be gone. 9-6 is not an actual step forward. Fact is, this season, the rest of the AFC simply backed out of the playoffs. Not to say, that I expect to be a poor football team, next season. But, it wouldn't surprise me alot. Another trip to the playoffs would astonish me though.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
The Chiefs only appear to be heading upward. The offense is aging, and will soon be gone. 9-6 is not an actual step forward. Fact is, this season, the rest of the AFC simply backed out of the playoffs. Not to say, that I expect to be a poor football team, next season. But, it wouldn't surprise me alot. Another trip to the playoffs would astonish me though.
I think we are actually a couple of seasons, at least, away from another play off run.