PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Drummond and the Defense

greg3564
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
So Drummond has sucked it up all year and is inactive for several games. Now Herm decides to play him again and what does he do? A fumble lost and a fumble recovery but tackled at the 5. Why in the hell was he active? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Once again the "great" defense couldn't play two halfs of a football game. Think all the problems lie with the offense? Think again folks. Law, Surtain and Edwards are all past thier prime and all are in positions that need experience to make a good defense.

The only positive note was Kirby Smith running and catching well. Still think LJ won't be traded? Smith brings many of the same attributes to the table and given more playing time he'll be a great RB. Think of the trades we can get for LJ and the money we can save in the cap to use on free agents. Brodie did well but had some rookie mistakes. He too will get better with time and a better offense to work with.

So the way I see it is that we need help on the defense at CB, a field goal kicker, a kick returner, a new offensive line and a new head coach.

Is this season over yet? :mob:

McLovin
12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
So Drummond has sucked it up all year and is inactive for several games. Now Herm decides to play him again and what does he do? A fumble lost and a fumble recovery but tackled at the 5. Why in the hell was he active? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Once again the "great" defense couldn't play two halfs of a football game. Think all the problems lie with the offense? Think again folks. Law, Surtain and Edwards are all past thier prime and all are in positions that need experience to make a good defense.

The only positive note was Kirby Smith running and catching well. Still think LJ won't be traded? Smith brings many of the same attributes to the table and given more playing time he'll be a great RB. Think of the trades we can get for LJ and the money we can save in the cap to use on free agents. Brodie did well but had some rookie mistakes. He too will get better with time and a better offense to work with.

So the way I see it is that we need help on the defense at CB, a field goal kicker, a kick returner, a new offensive line and a new head coach.

They said in the postgame show that Drummond has 2 games left as a Chief and wont be back next year, Ohhh Phinisee where are you now.

I for one would like Drummond to not even make it to the last 2 games, kinda like Terry. Get someone new in here and see what we have before the off season.

wolfpack
12-16-2007, 06:54 PM
this is the first season in years that the end of the year i dread. no more chiefs football but this year it dosnt bother me. i did sit through 31/2 qrters. havent done that in few games.

wolfpack
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
They said in the postgame show that Drummond has 2 games left as a Chief and wont be back next year, Ohhh Phinisee where are you now.

I for one would like Drummond to not even make it to the last 2 games, kinda like Terry. Get someone new in here and see what we have before the off season.
Not going to find anyone this late. just dump drummand,turly now. but i hate seeing sapp return kicks, he has to fill in for grandpap law.

hermhater
12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Haven't had time to read all the posts yet, but everyone (including me) was yelling why, why, why is Drummond on on the field???

harvey74
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
So lets see carl got rid of Dante, and Tynes. Herm got rid of Terry. Luckily none of that has hurt us. These guys must have a great plan. At first I was upset but Herm told me to get over it.

tammietailgator
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Does herm have kids.... wonder what he tells them when their puppy or cat dies.

harvey74
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
When he loses this job we can tell him to get over it it's just life.

Canada
12-16-2007, 08:20 PM

heh...how did Kolby do?

greg3564
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
heh...how did Kolby do?

My bad. Was in a hurry and typing fast. :lol:

hermhater
12-16-2007, 09:08 PM

That's cold blooded!!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/151.jpg

:yahoo:

McLovin
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
That's cold blooded!!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/151.jpg

:yahoo:

What the heck is wrong with that dudes nose, does he have herpes or something, damn could have got a better lookin reptile.

anaeelbackwards
12-16-2007, 11:12 PM

who knows if he have kids....

all i know if his kids would have some pretty bad-*** eyebrows.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/102.jpg

timsatt1
12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
When he loses this job we can tell him to get over it it's just life.

even when he loses his job, he will still be a millionaire. just a millionare without a job and will add to the unemployed %, making bush and our economy look bad. millionares unemployed.

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:38 PM

I keep hearing you talk about LJ getting traded. Let's just say hypothetically Carl decided to admit he was wrong about LJ and trade him away.(Yeah right). But let's assume.

What team do you suppose would want LJ for the kind of money he is now making? His trade value is not all that great with his current salary. It's not like he is going to post great numbers this year. LJ is not going anywhere. Neither is Herm, Neither is Carl.

LJ can be a fine RB. But our offensive line sucks. Brodie can be a decent Qb, but he has no time right now because our offensive line sucks.

As for Drummond, I agree we should cut him now if he won't be on the team next year. They should be evaluating talent at this point of the season.

The kicker will be addressed in the free agency market, but most likely not in the draft again after this year's disaster. CB will definitely be high on the radar during this off-season. I would expect to see them draft a CB early in the draft and also look for help in free agency. The O-line needs to be addressed before all of that though if you want to begin developing Brodie Croyle.

anaeelbackwards
12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
any news on our wasted draft pick medlock? i mean we should pick him up if no one has grabbed him yet.

and i agree, carl herm and LJ are not going anywhere. so we are just going to have to deal.

greg3564
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
I keep hearing you talk about LJ getting traded. Let's just say hypothetically Carl decided to admit he was wrong about LJ and trade him away.(Yeah right). But let's assume.

What team do you suppose would want LJ for the kind of money he is now making? His trade value is not all that great with his current salary. It's not like he is going to post great numbers this year. LJ is not going anywhere. Neither is Herm, Neither is Carl.

What team? Seattle, Oakland, Jets and the Giants to name a few. There are some teams who would be more than happy to pay LJ's salary if it would improve the run game.

LJ can be a fine RB. But our offensive line sucks. Brodie can be a decent Qb, but he has no time right now because our offensive line sucks.

The O line is terrible. But, there are a lot of pressing needs right now. So if the Chiefs could get a decent trade for LJ in addition to freeing up a lot of cap space, why wouldn't they?

Smith is capable of putting up good numbers, and with the exception of the Denver game, has done so since he has started. Now, if the O line was good, think how good Smith could be.

Now, under the whole "we're rebuilding and it takes 3 years" that Carl and Herm are spouting, that puts LJ at 30 years old when we're done "rebuilding." Waste of money, so why keep him in KC?

The Raiders seem like a good fit for him and his bad attitude. The guy is a cancer. Nowhere to be seen at the games on the sidelines. No one even knows why or what is hurt. Add that to his stupid contract hold out, his terrible season and his on field temper tantrums have hurt his credibilty and so the Chiefs may not even be able to shop him. We'll see.

As for Drummond, I agree we should cut him now if he won't be on the team next year. They should be evaluating talent at this point of the season.

There should be no reason what so ever to keep Drummond. But, I thought he was done a few weeks ago and they started him again. With the indecision that Herm has shown so far this year with key playing positions, who knows what will happen to Drummond.

The kicker will be addressed in the free agency market, but most likely not in the draft again after this year's disaster. CB will definitely be high on the radar during this off-season. I would expect to see them draft a CB early in the draft and also look for help in free agency. The O-line needs to be addressed before all of that though if you want to begin developing Brodie Croyle.

Another prime reason why the Chiefs should shop LJ. Not only are we going to be in need of good quality CB, O line and kicker but we are also going to be looking for replacements for Tony Gonzales and Jason Dunn. Both of whom are approaching the end of their careers during "rebuilding."

Carl Peterson, with most recent help from Herm, has destroyed this team. With proper player management with free agency and the draft, there should be no reason for "rebuilding." Carl's made some bad decisions in the draft and free agency, ie Ryan Sims and Medlock in the draft and Rayner and Drummond in FA.

Hayvern
12-17-2007, 03:50 AM
I am not sure that LJ could be traded, but if it is possible, and I could get something needed, I would let him go.

I am not sure how good the guy really is. He was good behind the O-Line from last year, look at how well Huard did last year behind that line.

Worse, I still cannot figure out why Johnson does not feel the need to block, I have seen a number of blown blocks by him that would have resulted in a play had he made them.

Anyone think that maybe Johnson and Edwards came to some agreement that based on the O-line that he would site out the rest of the season so as to not get even more injured before next season?

Long shot I know.

chief31
12-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Anyone think that maybe Johnson and Edwards came to some agreement that based on the O-line that he would site out the rest of the season so as to not get even more injured before next season?

Long shot I know.

I would sooner believe that that agreement might be between C.P. and Herm, as to L.J. and anyone. L.J. has been spouting about returning this season. But I do think it wise to keep him on the sidelines, unless they actually think that he has any trade value.

Then, they might want to put him on the field in an attempt to show that he is not "damaged goods".

prough91
12-17-2007, 05:49 AM
I am not sure that LJ could be traded, but if it is possible, and I could get something needed, I would let him go.

I am not sure how good the guy really is. He was good behind the O-Line from last year, look at how well Huard did last year behind that line.

Worse, I still cannot figure out why Johnson does not feel the need to block, I have seen a number of blown blocks by him that would have resulted in a play had he made them.

Long shot I know.

Not to mention his hands of brick. How many times has he dropped an easy pass out in the flat? Not just this year, but since he's started playing.

Chiefster
12-17-2007, 05:56 AM

That is we can actually get another team to pick up his contract.

m0ef0e
12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/102.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/115.jpg

hermhater
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
What the heck is wrong with that dudes nose, does he have herpes or something, damn could have got a better lookin reptile.

As Herm would say, get over it!

:lol:

hermhater
12-17-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/102.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/115.jpg

Nice!

nigeriannightmare
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I used to say Benny fuking Sap, now it's Eddie fuking Drummond. Why must we continu signing all these players cut from other teams.

PawnshopMarimba
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
any news on our wasted draft pick medlock? i mean we should pick him up if no one has grabbed him yet.

and i agree, carl herm and LJ are not going anywhere. so we are just going to have to deal.

I think he's technically still a Chief, just on the practice squad. I could be wrong.

Hayvern
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I think he's technically still a Chief, just on the practice squad. I could be wrong.

That is what I thought as well, but then I read on Cheifs.com when Carney was signed that Herm was saying that he Herm hoped that Medlock would get picked up somewhere, that we would make a good kicker for some team in the future.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11/27/herm_edwards_press_conference__1127/

Q: Kickoffs and accuracy were what you liked with Medlock over the other kids that are kicking in the league, right?
EDWARDS: “When the guys came out of college and you looked at all the stats and you weighed everything he was the best guy and we picked him. It didn’t work out…so far, for him. But a year from now or two years he could be in the league kicking.”

Also Wikipedia has him listed as released... Why the Chiefs would release a 5th round draft pick is just another of those things that makes one ask...

Pro_Angler
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Drummond thing is old. I have been saying it for a while:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2833

Coach
12-17-2007, 11:52 PM
What team? Seattle, Oakland, Jets and the Giants to name a few. There are some teams who would be more than happy to pay LJ's salary if it would improve the run game.

I don't know how the salary cap works as well as I should. But the terms of LJ's deal was 6 yrs - $43.2 mm.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2984649
That would mean a cap hit of more than $7mm a year. That would also make him the most expensive RB(in terms of salary cap) in football. Coming off the kind of year LJ is having, I just don't see a lot of people wanting to: #1,take on that salary and #2, be willing to trade a lot of picks to the Chiefs as well.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the cap implications, but by my understanding LJ, as I said earlier, has very little trade value.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't know how the salary cap works as well as I should. But the terms of LJ's deal was 6 yrs - $43.2 mm.
That would mean a cap hit of more than $7mm a year. That would also make him the most expensive RB(in terms of salary cap) in football. Coming off the kind of year LJ is having, I just don't see a lot of people wanting to: #1,take on that salary and #2, be willing to trade a lot of picks to the Chiefs as well.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the cap implications, but by my understanding LJ, as I said earlier, has very little trade value.

Exactly!

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Exactly!

i dont know how this all works so this could qualify as a dumb question to some...

...but couldnt the chiefs trade larry for some other players, but the chiefs continue to pay the contract on larry while the other team continues to pay the contracts of their old players?

why does the contract transfer to the next team if the trade was player trading for player instead of contract trading for contract.

does that ever happen?

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:46 AM
i dont know how this all works so this could qualify as a dumb question to some...

...but couldnt the chiefs trade larry for some other players, but the chiefs continue to pay the contract on larry while the other team continues to pay the contracts of their old players?

why does the contract transfer to the next team if the trade was player trading for player instead of contract trading for contract.

does that ever happen?

No.

Not to my knowledge.

Coach
12-18-2007, 12:53 AM

does that ever happen?

Are you asking if the Chiefs would pay Larry's salary every month if he was traded to another team? If so, No.

Teams only pay the salaries of the players on their rosters. So if LJ was traded to another team, the new team would be responsible for paying LJ's contract. Essentially a trade is nothing more than selling a contract or exchanging contracts. The teams don't actually own a player.

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
No.

Not to my knowledge.

ok i admit i know very little about the business aspect of the professional sports that i talk so much about :character00295:

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:03 AM
ok i admit i know very little about the business aspect of the professional sports that i talk so much about :character00295:

That's ok, the only stupid questions are those you don't ask, unless your HH. :D

j/k HH

chief31
12-18-2007, 06:11 AM

does that ever happen?

It happens a little bit in baseball. Most notably when the Yankees took A-Rod off the Rangers' hands. In that case, the Rangers agreed to accept part of A-Rods salary withion the terms of the contract.

But, without a salary cap in baseball, that was really noone elses business.

With the NFL having salary cap rules, I don't think that that would be possible.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
It happens a little bit in baseball. Most notably when the Yankees took A-Rod off the Rangers' hands. In that case, the Rangers agreed to accept part of A-Rods salary withion the terms of the contract.

But, without a salary cap in baseball, that was really noone elses business.

With the NFL having salary cap rules, I don't think that that would be possible.

Yep! :D

prough91
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM

Thoughtful. Insightful. Another example of quality of quantity.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Thoughtful. Insightful. Another example of quality of quantity.

:bananen_smilies046:

Hey there, we didn't get to the top of the hill by wasting time with of that nonsense!

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 05:14 PM
You know that Eddie makes alomst 3 million a year, great investment, choice. Just one of many brilliant choices made by Herm.....

hermhater
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
You know that Eddie makes alomst 3 million a year, great investment, choice. Just one of many brilliant choices made by Herm.....

Preachin' to the choir man!

:mob:

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Preachin' to the choir man!

:mob:

Heh! :lol:

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
What team? Seattle, Oakland, Jets and the Giants to name a few. There are some teams who would be more than happy to pay LJ's salary if it would improve the run game. ...

Coach, you are correct, but to add to your answer, look at the teams that are mentioned...Oakland has their RB of the future in Michael Bush. He is returning from a broken leg, and will be their starter next year. He doesn't have joint or muscle damage, just the healing bone. The New York Jets have Thomas Jones, they won't be trading for LJ, the Giants have Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward, and the Seahawks don't have the salary cap room. they have nearly as much money in Alexander as KC does in LJ.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 02:41 AM
And we could have kept Phinisee for the minimum.

Things that make you go HMMMM.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 03:14 AM
And we could have kept Phinisee for the minimum.

Things that make you go HERMMMM SUCKS!

FYR! :D