PDA

View Full Version : Brian Westbrook

prough91
12-17-2007, 06:37 AM
I thought when Westbrook slid down on the one-yard line today at Dallas, it was one of the most unselfish plays I've seen in a long time. The thing was, if he had scored he would probably have sealed the win anyway the way Dallas was playing, but instead he guaranteed the win. I don't know if I could have stopped myself if I was that close to scoring.

chief31
12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
I thought when Westbrook slid down on the one-yard line today at Dallas, it was one of the most unselfish plays I've seen in a long time. The thing was, if he had scored he would probably have sealed the win anyway the way Dallas was playing, but instead he guaranteed the win. I don't know if I could have stopped myself if I was that close to scoring.

That was a very impressive decision by Westbrook. Eventhough he is my fantasy stud in a few leagues, and that play kept him from scoring more fantasy points, I loved seeing a player with the team-mentallity to do that.

He put the game before his own personal ambitions. He is truly a class-act.

prough91
12-17-2007, 07:57 AM
That was a very impressive decision by Westbrook. Eventhough he is my fantasy stud in a few leagues, and that play kept him from scoring more fantasy points, I loved seeing a player with the team-mentallity to do that.

He put the game before his own personal ambitions. He is truly a class-act.

You could see in his body language that he wanted to score soooo bad. That's what impressed me so much that he stopped himself.

anaeelbackwards
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM

that was a great move on his part.... didn't rub it in their faces just stopped the game. that was class act.

rbedgood
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
It was "Brillliant"

YouTube - Guinness - Bread- Brilliant!!

IlovetheChiefs
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
"The Eagles" and "class"? I just can't stomach the two in the same sentence.

But sure, turns out to have been a smart play under the circumstances, keeping the Cowboys away from getting a score, onside kick, and another score.

hermhater
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
What are we talking about?

What did Westbrook do, I missed it.

IlovetheChiefs
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
What are we talking about?

What did Westbrook do, I missed it.

Well after the Chiefs game I suffered through watching the Eagles and Cowboys play a bad game of offense for 4 quarters. Eagles were up 10-6. It was late in the 4th quarter, around 2:00 to go, and Dallas was out of time outs. Brian Westbrook broke for what could have been a touchdown but decided to go down at the 1. This way, they could just take 3 snaps and game over. If he got the touchdown it would have been 17-6 but with almost 2 minutes to go Dallas would still have a longshot.

I just hate the Eagles so much! They are 6-8 and not going to the playoffs but by winning they are TECHNICALLY not eliminated and thus people here are deluding themselves.

m0ef0e
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I have never seen a player do that before. He had the presence of mind to know that Dallas had no timeouts and Philly could run the clock out-- while he was running toward the end zone on an NFL stage! Wow. Westbrook is a cerebral player. That guy is truly a rarity.

prough91
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I have never seen a player do that before. He had the presence of mind to know that Dallas had no timeouts and Philly could run the clock out-- while he was running toward the end zone on an NFL stage! Wow. Westbrook is a cerebral player. That guy is truly a rarity.

Chris Berman said that he could count all the players he has seen do that on one hand and not get close to five.

m0ef0e
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Chris Berman said that he could count all the players he has seen do that on one hand and not get close to five.

Yeah, I saw that too.

DrunkHillbilly
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
The guy is just a straight up work horse and still keeps his head in the game! Also, you never hear about him off the field. That is what I like.

prough91
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that too.

Do you find the little deal on the right side of the screen that shows what stories are coming up next as annoying as I do?

m0ef0e
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Do you find the little deal on the right side of the screen that shows what stories are coming up next as annoying as I do?

Meh. I dont pay much attention to it. I just mainly listen and then turn my eyes to it when they are showing highlights.

prough91
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Meh. I dont pay much attention to it. I just mainly listen and then turn my eyes to it when they are showing highlights.

I probably wouldn't mind it near as much if I wasn't watching it on a 19 inch tv.

mxpxHERO
12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
thats the smart and right thing to do.

but also in the reports i guess Runyan told him to do it.

all in all, it was a smart play.

YouTube - Selfless Brian Westbrook

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 12:57 AM
thats the smart and right thing to do.

but also in the reports i guess Runyan told him to do it.

all in all, it was a smart play.

YouTube - Selfless Brian Westbrook (http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xgTDJD-tHQ)

i have never seen that happen before. pretty cool.

Guru
12-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Brian Westbrook has to be one of the most unselfish players to ever play in the NFL. He is all about team..

As a fantasy owner of him, I was not happy. As a fan, I applauded him. That was a damn brilliant move on his part.

I loved the look on Andy Reid's face when he did it too.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Clearly an asset to team chemistry; a class individual.

Guru
12-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Andy Reid's reaction. First 4 seconds.

YouTube - Mike and the Mad Dog about Fantasy Football

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Andy Reid's reaction. First 4 seconds.

YouTube - Mike and the Mad Dog about Fantasy Football (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHzPYwob70)

:lol::lol::lol:

mxpxHERO
12-18-2007, 01:19 AM
who has lot of time on their hands? yeah i do. sue me.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/192.jpg

rbedgood
12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I think Reid was shocked...Herm would've loved it...another chance at a fieldgoal.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:21 AM
I think Reid was shocked...Herm would've loved it...another chance at a fieldgoal.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guru
12-18-2007, 01:25 AM
He was gearing up for the return, saw that, crapped his pants, then realized the game was over because of it.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:32 AM
He was gearing up for the return, saw that, crapped his pants, then realized the game was over because of it.

HA!:lol:

In that order.

chief31
12-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Brian Westbrook has to be one of the most unselfish players to ever play in the NFL. He is all about team..

As a fantasy owner of him, I was not happy. As a fan, I applauded him. That was a damn brilliant move on his part.

I loved the look on Andy Reid's face when he did it too.

Actually, rather saving-face for Reid, or not, Westbrook told the media that Reid told him before the play that he should down it at the one yard line if he happened to break free.

I think Reid may have just been surprised that an NFL player would actually do that.

Guru
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Actually, rather saving-face for Reid, or not, Westbrook told the media that Reid told him before the play that he should down it at the one yard line if he happened to break free.

I think Reid may have just been surprised that an NFL player would actually do that.
If true, I still consider him unselfish in the fact that he resisted temptation.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 02:38 AM
If true, I still consider him unselfish in the fact that he resisted temptation.

Agreed!

chief31
12-18-2007, 03:01 AM

No doubt about it. I always liked the guy anyway, so this makes it even easier to like him. I hope he gets to spend the rest of his career without injury.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:03 AM
No doubt about it. I always liked the guy anyway, so this makes it even easier to like him. I hope he gets to spend the rest of his career without injury.

...And may he get traded to the Chiefs. :D

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:20 AM
YouTube - Brian Westbrook Beastin

chief31
12-18-2007, 03:30 AM
YouTube - Brian Westbrook Beastin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MXydcgz4DU)

Whenever he has been healthy, these past few seasons, he has been a stud. In my fantasy league at work, he is the highest scoring player in the league, aside from QBs Tony Romo and, of course, Tom Brady.

prough91
12-18-2007, 06:39 AM

That's what amazed me. I'm sure since he started carrying football he was taught to keep his legs churning until he heard the whistle. He not only resisted temptation, he resisted years of psychological condidtioning.

:beer:

hermhater
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Well I just got my cable back after 2 weeks and finally saw what you guys were talking about.

Classy Brian.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Well I just got my cable back after 2 weeks and finally saw what you guys were talking about.

Classy Brian.

Yup!:bananen_smilies046: